Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Off-topic: Oh, sure, Armor-slayer, which is effective against single-digit number of targets, get a 3 MT penalty, but Horseslayers get 14 MT, fair and balanced.#MakeSelenaGreatAgain

Spoiler

Edit:

Spoiler

Lul Slaying Bow+. Straight up 2 MT better than killer. (Same as the Armorslayer v. Zanbato thing, but at least Zanbato has the excuse of being a new effective type.)

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(Same as the Armorslayer v. Zanbato thing, but at least Zanbato has the excuse of being a new effective type.)

Nah, it has no excuse. That’s power creep, plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nah, it has no excuse. That’s power creep, plain and simple.

To be fair, Killers and Effectives were very underpowered weapons. Killers losing 4 MT meant you had to do 8 damage per special just to catch up (and that's assuming you proc your special every other hit), the stronger crap you're fighting, and the higher your Atk relative to defenses, the crappier killers ended up being, compared to completely generic Silvers.

14 MT killer & Bonfire would make Selena an actual threat on offense, but it still doesn't seem a big enough jump to sacrifice a 5* unit for. That feeling when Armorslayer isn't bad enough to replace...

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

To be fair, Killers and Effectives were very underpowered weapons. Killers losing 4 MT meant you had to do 8 damage per special just to catch up (and that's assuming you proc your special every other hit), the stronger crap you're fighting, and the higher your Atk relative to defenses, the crappier killers ended up being, compared to completely generic Silvers.

14 MT killer & Bonfire would make Selena an actual threat on offense, but it still doesn't seem a big enough jump to sacrifice a 5* unit for. That feeling when Armorslayer isn't bad enough to replace...

inb4 they make a 14 Might Armorslayer and give it to Kliff.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

inb4 they make a 14 Might Armorslayer and give it to Kliff.

Considering Kliff was the best counter to armour, especially Mr. Leather Shield, on promotion to mage, Kliff getting the Armourslayer makes more sense than Tobin (who armours outright half damage from in the lategame).

Normalise the effectives, IS. Horseslayers of both kinds shouldn’t be that much more powerful than armourslayers of all three kinds, and than the wolf tomes.

Overkiller weapons are a sad joke too.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Normalise the effectives, IS. Horseslayers of both kinds shouldn’t be that much more powerful than armourslayers of all three kinds, and than the wolf tomes.

Overkiller weapons are a sad joke too.

Fun fact: the Killer Bow was actually an exclusive inheritable- only Niles had it.

Pity the anti-cavalry doesn't scream useful. Ridersbane, maybe, but I'm not as sure on the Zanbato.

I want everyone on the new banners! Only at 68 orbs right now though so I'll just focus red in hopes of pulling for Saber or Gray. As much as I like Mathilda, I'm drowning in strong lance users so she's a bit low on the priority list. Every archer ever pales in comparison to Bride Cordelia so I'll steer clear of colorless too.

Dark Excalibur Moonbow is pretty cute but I don't see it beating Gronnblade-buffed super units. Wo Dao at least didn't have any competition. Now, if only Kliff was on here...

With all these orbs and new banners to spend them on, CYL  is going to come like a thief in the night.

While I don't strongly desire anyone on the new banners, I do want to pull again once I have more orbs. I suppose I'll pull for Alm's party members and see what I can get. Of the six new characters, Gray's the one I want the most (to complete the Ram villager group), but he's yet another red sword so that kind of makes me feel like I can wait to get him.

Wait... seriously? The anti-cavalry weapons have higher MT than the anti-armor weapons? What is this? Knights have higher defense in general -- pun not intended -- than cavalry. 10/14 MT anti-cavalry to 8/12 anti-armor. Welp, I can't wait for 5/9 anti-armor tomes or the reverse where it's 7/11, stronger than 6/10 -wolf tomes.

I hope there's a stealth patch that ups the MT of anti-armor and Killing weapons, but that's not going to happen now will it?

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I hope there's a stealth patch that ups the MT of anti-armor and Killing weapons, but that's not going to happen now will it?

Not gonna happen. We’re in for an endless ride~

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not gonna happen. We’re in for an endless ride~

The new banners are at a point where everything about them pisses me off.

Power creeped Killing weapons -- now universal instead of sword and legendary weapons-only --, anti-cavalry being stronger than anti-armor despite armors having higher defense -- gee, I wonder why? --, Cancel Adept -- how was this a good idea? --, and this is more like jaywalking to arson and murder, none of these units are red mages.

I swear if I summon 2 Deltheas in one summon like I did with Linde or if Julia and Sonya appear at the same time... And if freaking Clive becomes the next GHB after Berkut! Why... why can't there be a red mage GHB soon?

Edit: Also, where's Valbar? Why do we not have a new knight? I don't care that he'd be another lance knight, but come on.

Edited by Kaden

20 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Increasing the Atk of anti-armor weapons is actually not completely far-fetched. Increasing the Atk of Killing weapons, though, is completely out of the running.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Increasing the Atk of anti-armor weapons is actually not completely far-fetched. Increasing the Atk of Killing weapons, though, is completely out of the running.

Well, something from Reddit gave me a bit of hope: what if Slaying weapons were upgrades to Killing weapons? For example, Navarre has Killing Edge and gets Killing Edge+ as a 5* while Saber has Killing Edge and gets Slaying Edge+ as a 5*. Navarre can inherit Slaying Edge+ to get a stronger Killing Edge+ while Saber bypasses that since he only has Killing Edge and Slaying Edge+. If that were to happen, then technically any character without a legendary or personal weapon can get something closer to it that isn't a Silver+ which doesn't really have an effect unless you consider them to be weapons with innate Attack +3.

Could work well since outside of personal weapons, legendary weapons were usable by almost any character with the rank and other requirements to use them. In a way, it's like saying being at 5* means you have S rank for whatever weapon type while Killing Edge+ could be seen as an A rank weapon and those who have it by default weren't able to acquire the S rank version at the time.

Well, whatever. Tomorrow will tell and all hopes and dreams of Killer weapons will be stomped and crushed even more when Slaying Edge and Slaying Edge+ are seen on Saber's wiki page.

They could have just upped Killer weapons by 1 or 2 MT instead of introducing Slaying weapons with 10/14 MT as melee and 8/12 for bows.

Edit: Words... Slaying weapons like overclass or third tier promotion, but for weapons.

Edited by Kaden

I do not mind seeing these anti-horse weapons at all. The meta was getting a little stale, all you ever see after a while are teams that revolve around, or involve combinations of, Camus, Xander, Cecilia and Reinhardt.

But it wouldn't matter if they came with Silver weapons. They've made many very happy with the heroes they're adding, including me. No surprise why Tobin was the TT reward character now.

I was going to feed him to somebody else for Seal Spd 3, but since I have Lukas and Clair, I would very much like to complete the set and get Gray and Mathilda. Sonya and Delthea will provide much needed mage upgrades to my Soren and Mae.

Even if they're worse mages than Soren and Mae, their skills will suffice.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Not in gacha games. The best thing IS COULD do would be to make new weapons that would basically be upgraded Armorslayer+/Heavy Spear+/Hammer+ but there's not enough armor units to justify the extra effort. Maybe when the likes of Dark Emperor Hardin, King Garon, Emperor Arvis and Reptor make an appearance in Heroes...MAYBE...we could get those weapons. Right now, those cav killing weapons are just an answer to the unoriginality of the current meta that's full of cav teams. 

As for other...future armored units, I'd prefer Arden, Brom, Oswin, Wallace, Murdock, Meg, Amelia, Douglas, Horace, Vigarde, Gilliam, or Gatrie over Valbar. His SoV design is something I simply can't look without cringing. Speaking of Amelia, since she's a "trainee" unit, she'd most likely have villager-esque stats in Heroes. 

Gray looks like a boss and must be had. Delthea can fill my currently void lineup of Blue Tome users (- ATK B!Caeda man... -ATK B!Caeda).

No red tome users this time around. Still no *5 red tome mage... if my first *5 red mage winds up being Raven Sophia...

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

His SoV design is something I simply can't look without cringing.

Seriously, he and Jesse would be fine if it weren't for their butt chins. I guess since that does exist in the real world, IS wanted to have some diversity...

14 minutes ago, Catria! said:

I'm quite interested in seeing how Saber's C skill will work. I'm not sure if I can justify giving up a flier buff slot for it though :0 looks tempting, however...

It's literally just Quickened Pulse, but only works with defensive special skills (including Miracle) and gives 2 charges to the cooldown instead of 1.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oboro! Why are you so good in Fates but trash in Heroes?

To that I say:

Spoiler
Just now, Oboro! said:

Arcanite told me that Soy milk isn't supposed to be trusted.

They said to avoid him like Nohrian scum!