Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Where are these polls even held? I never vote on them.

They used to be on Twitter, but then the Elon and X stuff happened. Apparently, they're using something called Qualtrics for these polls now.

When one of these polls is going on, you can find a link to it on the Notification Board in-game.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I didn't even know there was botting going on in those polls.

Remember when we got the re-run of the Awakening HoF lineup that had Harvest Nowi? That one also "beat" the Three Houses HoF lineup.

This Three Houses HoF lineup, if things were fair, would've gotten re-run back in November instead of that Awakening HoF lineup.

Speaking of the HoF, datamined units for the upcoming Awakening HoF:

Legendary Grima, Fallen M Morgan, Valentine's Lucina, Valentine's Owain

So, with the 30th anniversary of Mystery of the Emblem and with both Legendary Marth and Medeus being bonus units, and with there being a free red slot on the upcoming Mythic banner, I'm wondering if Anri might finally be coming. And if it's a Double Mythic like last year and they give us a second Mythic, Athos or Nergal could slide into the free blue spot.

We're getting a new Light Mythic at the very least.

And with that in mind, I don't Nergal is happening at this point. If we get a second new Mythic, they should be either Astra or Anima and be one of the bonus Mythics for the week of February 6th. Personally, I can't see Nergal being anything but a Dark Mythic and there's definitely no way he'd be a Light Mythic. Athos, though, could still happen since I imagine he'd probably be an Anima Mythic.

It's even funnier when you remember that Tina starts with just 1 Skl in FE5. If I have my information correct, a unit in FE5 needs at least 10 Skl for healing staves to stop having the chance to miss.

So, this is just Tina trying to pass off a "her problem" as an "everyone's problem". Because without using Crusader Scrolls to boost Tina's Skl growth, she likely isn't getting to 10 Skl anytime soon with her 25% Skl growth.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, with the 30th anniversary of Mystery of the Emblem...

Please, IS, don't come with Archanean Valentine Heroes... I need to save orbs.

I could see Cornelius (Marth's father) as the dead dad representation for this year. lol

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It's even funnier when you remember that Tina starts with just 1 Skl in FE5. If I have my information correct, a unit in FE5 needs at least 10 Skl for healing staves to stop having the chance to miss.

So, this is just Tina trying to pass off a "her problem" as an "everyone's problem". Because without using Crusader Scrolls to boost Tina's Skl growth, she likely isn't getting to 10 Skl anytime soon with her 25% Skl growth.

Not quite. 10 Skl is needed to get staff accuracy to the maximum, but hit rates in Thracia are bound to between 99% and 1%, both for staffs and weapons. So even 10 Skl won't avoid the 1% chance of missing.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I mean I can see him being a lame red mage GHB freebie like a lot of other main villains. 

If we do get him as a Mythic then being shafted for this long might be the thing that saves him as a Mythic versus the other Gharnef clones. As their choice of Mythics outside of the legendary characters is more limited. And Dark Mythics in particular seem short supply. It's basically just Dheginsea and Sombron now without doing something crazy like Geir/Loptyr (would love). It also helps his case that he's a few centuries old and this more in the Mythic idea than Gharnef, Jedah, Ghost Gharnef, Manfroy, Veld, Riev, Validar, Thales...my oh my there are many. And half them aren't in the game, but we don't see Manfroy or Thales as real mythic potential. So Nergal might have a chance.

Or he'll be a red tome GHB with a gimmick tome...yeah that's very possible too.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Not quite. 10 Skl is needed to get staff accuracy to the maximum, but hit rates in Thracia are bound to between 99% and 1%, both for staffs and weapons. So even 10 Skl won't avoid the 1% chance of missing.

Oh right, I forgot the bit where 100% hit rates in general don't exist in FE5. Thank you for reminding me.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I mean I can see him being a lame red mage GHB freebie like a lot of other main villains. 

Yeah, that's unfortunately a possibility as well. Nemesis should've been a Mythic Hero too, and we all know how that ended.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, that's unfortunately a possibility as well. Nemesis should've been a Mythic Hero too, and we all know how that ended.

Why wasn't he? It's not like there wasn't, and isn't, other options for GHB units from Fodlan. Did they not think he could sell as a Mythic? Do people not like Nemesis? I mean, yeah the guy is a complete joke of a story point in Verdant Wind, but I like his design and he does have a cool presence. Am I the only one that can appreciate those aspects of him? Is he just really unpopular? Looking at his CYL votes, he has tanked since getting in the game, but he got over a thousand votes in his first year, that's way more than Medeus has ever got.

Edited by Jotari

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's not like there wasn't, and isn't, other options for GHB units from Fodlan.

Off the top of my head, we still have these guys for options: Thales / Arundel, Kostas, Lonato, Miklan, Metodey, Pallardo, Gwendal, Nader, Randolph, Ladislava, Fleche if IS ever remembers that she exists, etc.

And yes, every one of those names is a valid option for a GHB unit since we have Brigand Boss as a GHB unit.

Did they not think he could sell as a Mythic?

I'd assume that was the main reason. And if it is, then that is a really dumb reason when they thought that Otr (only has 650 all time CYL votes) could sell as Mythic on his own.

Looking at his CYL votes, he has tanked since getting in the game, but he got over a thousand votes in his first year, that's way more than Medeus has ever got.

Characters taking a nose dive in CYL votes after getting added into the game pretty much happens to everyone.

If you want an extreme example, there's Nils. He got 2,336 votes and 78th place in CYL4. In CYL5, he only got 196 votes and 327th place.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd assume that was the main reason. And if it is, then that is a really dumb reason when they thought that Otr (only has 650 all time CYL votes) could sell as Mythic on his own.

Well the other option is the more remote "they really thought he'd sell as a GHB". Oh Nemesis is in this game, I should download it!...But yeah, that seems much less likely. Maybe they were steering themselves towards using villain characters as Legendary Units so they wanted him in the game as a base before they could power creep him, aka the same reason we likely got Nyna and Elice on one banner. But it's been years and not a hint of any of the villains getting legendary versions (other than Female Grima way back in the day, and even she has the Robin smokescreen).

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Off the top of my head, we still have these guys for options: Thales / Arundel, Kostas, Lonato, Miklan, Metodey, Pallardo, Gwendal, Nader, Randolph, Ladislava, Fleche if IS ever remembers that she exists, etc.

It would be Thales+Arundel, as they can give him to us twice given the difference in design and class. There's also, now, though not at the time of Nemesis' release (though there was a bigger pool when he was release since units have been GHB since then) Shahid and Leopold from Hopes. Though we'll only get Leopold if they stop being cowards and give us gauntlets already.

14 hours ago, Othin said:

Nope, not true. Staves stop checking for accuracy completely when you reach 10 Skill; they're not capped at 99 hit like attacks in combat.

The next Resplendent Hero is Hel Soren:

chara_img_00001003000124_01.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001003000124_02.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001003000124_03.png

Spoiler

chara_img_00001003000124_04.png

This brings him up to 41/41 offenses with maximum Dragonflowers, which isn't amazing, but at least brings his stats barely above Luthier's.

That said, Nino has always had base stats higher than his, so he's still behind Resplendent Nino, and he's also beaten among free-to-play units by Bastian for Atk/Res builds and Tea Party Tailtiu for Atk/Spd builds.

Ah yes, observe how in his neutral art he's staring directly at the player with the same pose and expression as base Ike's normal art.

Was this a deliberate reference? Dunno, but it's funny.

Soren looks nice. I have him at +10, so it's nice that he will get his upgrade on art and stats. Considering foddering a Rearmed Sonya to him.

On a different topic, according to the "Sage of Khadein" rerun we got today, those seasonal units are schedule to rerun in a banner in February as well.

On that, I chatted with some friends and we came with 2 possible outcomes from this:

• The Free Special Hero (Book 7) Summoning Event, which gives us a random 5* Special Hero. We get this banner every year, and this year shouldn't be different. So their rerun could mean this banner; Or...
  • For the anniversary, they decide to do daily banners with all Book 7 Special Heroes summoning events (from Sage of Khadein to Ring In the Year).
Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm super glad I took a break from this game, I have HELLA f2p orbs available for me. If I somehow don't manage to 40+10 Emblem Marth (Who's already 40+1) with roughly 1100 orbs yet to be claimed, I'm gonna eat a Cipher card.

54 minutes ago, FRZNHeir said:

1100 orbs yet to be claimed

The average cost to +10 a hero from a Legendary/Mythic banner (i.e. 11 copies) is over 2000 orbs, so your Cipher card might be in danger.

7 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The average cost to +10 a hero from a Legendary/Mythic banner (i.e. 11 copies) is over 2000 orbs, so your Cipher card might be in danger.

I mean I've already hard pulled 1 marf, i just need to make sure i get 2 more through pulls, I think? When I did the math I calc'd that I would get to choose a free 5* 7 times if I needed to use every orb. That puts me at +8, so that lowers the burden on actually pulling the Marths. Plus, I still have the BHBs to do, which adds another few orbs

Edit- Shoulda mentioned I have FEH+ or whatever it's called. 

Edited by FRZNHeir

8 minutes ago, FRZNHeir said:

Edit- Shoulda mentioned I have FEH+ or whatever it's called. 

FEH Pass simply allows you to spark on the banner in the first place, but restrictions still apply. You can only spark a specific hero once per banner, even on banners with a special exception like this one that allows multiple sparks. This specific one allows you to spark two but they must be different, with the idea being that FEH Pass users will be able to spark one copy each of Marth and Lumera. Therefore you are at the mercy of RNG for the other 10 copies.

Marth will next appear on one of these banners in May.

Edited by Humanoid