Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

FEH Pass simply allows you to spark on the banner in the first place, but restrictions still apply. You can only spark a specific hero once per banner, even on banners with a special exception like this one that allows multiple sparks. This specific one allows you to spark two but they must be different, with the idea being that FEH Pass users will be able to spark one copy each of Marth and Lumera. Therefore you are at the mercy of RNG for the other 10 copies.

Marth will next appear on one of these banners in May.

please say sike rn

i mean like, oh well. If I gotta eat a card i gotta eat a card.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Oh god I have to choose between getting the Marth to +10 or my personal ongoing quest of getting all Sacred Stones units before this game's inevitable EoS announcement.

Or finally breaking my (mostly) F2P status. We'll see what happens.

16 minutes ago, FRZNHeir said:

Oh god I have to choose between getting the Marth to +10 or my personal ongoing quest of getting all Sacred Stones units before this game's inevitable EoS announcement.

Or finally breaking my (mostly) F2P status. We'll see what happens.

Go for the sacred stones. Any +10nd unit will be outclassed four months from now.

Just now, Jotari said:

Go for the sacred stones. Any +10nd unit will be outclassed four months from now.

I'm doing it bc emblem unit's give stats to whoever they are engaged to, as good as Marth is.

1 hour ago, FRZNHeir said:

I'm doing it bc emblem unit's give stats to whoever they are engaged to, as good as Marth is.

Literally +1 stat per merge, which means less than ever. At +10 merges, Marth will grant his Engage-buddy a grand total of +2 to each stat. That's effectively nothing these days.

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Literally +1 stat per merge, which means less than ever. At +10 merges, Marth will grant his Engage-buddy a grand total of +2 to each stat. That's effectively nothing these days.

yeah but that makes OG Lyon ever so slightly bigger and that's all I really care about

Unless the Emblem Hero is a character that you really love, going for +10 Emblems doesn't look that worthy.

Like... they will only appear on these monthly banners, and they don't help in Arena scoring, like Legendaries, neither in Aether Raids scoring, like Mythics.

Yes, having +2 to all stats sounds great, but in some cases it doesn't help much... especially when using on most of the Book 1-2 units.

I would still recommend trying to get at least one copy, just to have the Emblem effect available for your teams, but +10 the Emblem only if you care about the character themselves, not the max effect it will provide.

Even I, a Marth fan, feels like I would be wasting my resources going for a +10 Emblem Marth.

Yeah, I always think of merges as a scam. If they work out, they work out, but I have never summoned for them deliberately and will never do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added a game mode that does rely on Emblem units (and corresponding merges) for scoring, but even then it'll likely be far better to get multiple Emblems instead of one highly merged one.

Consider Harmonic heroes scoring for Resonant Battles right now. Even with just 1-2 merges across the two units you need for scoring, it's often enough to get into T21. Merges add literally a solitary point each.

That said, I'm still pretty inclined to give my most commonly used units at least a single merge, both to get rid of ugly red banes and because the first merge is 2.5 to 3 times better than subsequent ones (and because getting a duplicate to merge is generally cheaper than the Trait Fruit expenditure).

Edited by Humanoid

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I always think of merges as a scam. If they work out, they work out, but I have never summoned for them deliberately and will never do so.

Amen my friend. Filling out that catalog on a free to play budget!

I'm curious about what the other two 8% seasonal banners will be like. Remaining candidates:

• Red: Desert Nino, Valentine's Hana, Spring Ashe, Anniversary Eliwood, Bride Freyja, Wind Dagr, Halloween Seadall, Ninja Sanaki, Winter Byleth, NY Kana
  • Blue: Desert Byleth, Anniversary Mark, Summer Shamir, Summer Tharja, Tea Sigurd, Wind Catria, Halloween Timerra, Ninja Zelgius, Winter Edelgard, NY Seidr
  • Green: Spring Karla, Anniversary Hector, Bride Anna, Summer Ephraim, Summer Ivy, Wind Claude, Halloween Anna, Ninja Reina, Ninja Heather, Winter Dimitri, NY Kvasir
  • Colorless: Valentine's Elise, Spring Triandra, Bride Tiki, Summer Ymir, Tea Lysithea, Wind Kagero, Halloween Flayn, Winter Yunaka, NY Nerthuz

The first one made the surprising move of putting two duo units in the same color and having a total of four units in that color, while also having colorless just get two 4*s. It also only focused on the Jan-August banners, not touching the later five. Given that there's 52 seasonals total over the course of a year and only 36 units being featured on the banners, it's possible that they won't go all the way through the year, but that's hard to assess at this point.

Say, which seasonals are still awaiting their Double Special Heroes appearances? I wonder if that might correlate to the cutoff point.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

All I know is when Emblem Lyn hits, I'm gonna try to get her to +10 because how can I not for my favorite character in the entire series?

You're going to feel really stupid when you spend all your orbs on Emblem Lyn and next week they release Emblem Brom!....hey it could happen XD

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You're going to feel really stupid when you spend all your orbs on Emblem Lyn and next week they release Emblem Brom!....hey it could happen XD

The day I march directly into IS's headquarters and demand answers lol

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The day I march directly into IS's headquarters and demand answers lol

Emblem Brom, the unit this Emblem is assigned to forgets how to use lances and uses axes instead.

Stats from merges, Flowers, Supports, Blessings, Emblem, etc. do help, but how valuable it is depend on the type of unit you are running and the mode you are trying to tackle. If you are running a Spd super tank or Spd Save tank and want to have an easier time in higher tier PvP, you absolutely want to juice up those tanks as much as you can afford, as Spd is a highly competitive stat and they need that stat to function properly. Besides scoring, for anyone else though, stats still matter, but you can cut corners here and there and you should still be fine in most cases.

Not sure if -HP is valuable enough on some nukes to miss out on stats from merges/Flowers/Emblems/etc. in PvP these days (assuming you do not need them for scoring), but it should still be pretty good in PvE where stat creep is not as bad, and you get to save Orbs/Grails/Flowers since you want to keep them at +0+0+0.

GOOD NEWS- I only need 4 more marths- bad news, I'm getting close to halfway through my free orbs AND there's a Sacred Stones banner. Meaning I need to try and get all 4 units on it, so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I got the card picked out

But there's also a tempest trial going on now, so that helps with the orbs situation a lil

Edited by FRZNHeir

We have our participants for the A Hero Rises 2024 VG:

1st: Winter Edelgard; 8,319 votes
2nd: Legendary Camilla; 7,499 votes
3rd: Legendary F!Alear; 7,464 votes
4th: Gullveig; 6,893 votes
5th: Winter Dimitri; 6,889 votes
6th: Ninja Sanaki & Micaiah; 6,162 votes
7th: Wind Claude; 4,580 votes
8th: Attuned Peony; 4,474 votes

Edelgard got first, quick act surprised everyone!

If this VG is seeded like last year, then it should be 1 vs. 8 (Edelgard vs. Peony), 2 vs. 7 (Camilla vs. Claude), 3 vs. 6 (F!Alear vs. Sanaki & Micaiah), and 4 vs. 5 (Gullveig vs. Dimitri).

This was the rest of the top 20 for the voting phase of AHR 2024:

Spoiler

9th: Nabata Altina; 4,441 votes
10th: Winter M!Byleth & F!Byleth; 4,375 votes
11th: Veyle; 3,730 votes
12th: New Year's Seidr & Heidr; 3,617 votes
13th: Rearmed Lucina; 3,493 votes
14th: Harvest E!Anna & A!Anna; 3,158 votes
15th: Winter Yunaka; 2,723 votes
16th: Nabata Igrene & Louise; 2,637 votes
17th: Attuned Nino; 2,426 votes
18th: Legendary Elincia; 2,242 votes
19th: Summer Fjorm; 1,984 votes
20th: Summer Ivy; 1,755 votes

No one from the interim top 20 got kicked out.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We have our participants for the A Hero Rises 2024 VG:

1st: Winter Edelgard; 8,319 votes
2nd: Legendary Camilla; 7,499 votes
3rd: Legendary F!Alear; 7,464 votes
4th: Gullveig; 6,893 votes
5th: Winter Dimitri; 6,889 votes
6th: Ninja Sanaki & Micaiah; 6,162 votes
7th: Wind Claude; 4,580 votes
8th: Attuned Peony; 4,474 votes

Edelgard got first, quick act surprised everyone!

If this VG is seeded like last year, then it should be 1 vs. 8 (Edelgard vs. Peony), 2 vs. 7 (Camilla vs. Claude), 3 vs. 6 (F!Alear vs. Sanaki & Micaiah), and 4 vs. 5 (Gullveig vs. Dimitri).

This was the rest of the top 20 for the voting phase of AHR 2024:

Reveal hidden contents

9th: Nabata Altina; 4,441 votes
10th: Winter M!Byleth & F!Byleth; 4,375 votes
11th: Veyle; 3,730 votes
12th: New Year's Seidr & Heidr; 3,617 votes
13th: Rearmed Lucina; 3,493 votes
14th: Harvest E!Anna & A!Anna; 3,158 votes
15th: Winter Yunaka; 2,723 votes
16th: Nabata Igrene & Louise; 2,637 votes
17th: Attuned Nino; 2,426 votes
18th: Legendary Elincia; 2,242 votes
19th: Summer Fjorm; 1,984 votes
20th: Summer Ivy; 1,755 votes

No one from the interim top 20 got kicked out.

Those are good results for me. Of those eight, I currently only have Dimitri and Gullveig, so there's a very good chance I'll be getting a new unit and an almost-guarantee that the banner will consist of three units I don't have, should the seeding follow the same usual format and Dimitri and Gullveig face each other right away.

Just watch they'll rearrange the brackets so Edelgard and Dimitri can go against each other in the first round again

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Just watch they'll rearrange the brackets so Edelgard and Dimitri can go against each other in the first round again

That can happen in the second round if Peony and Gullveig both lose.

If they don't change anything, it should be 1 vs. 8 and 4 vs. 5 on one side, 2 vs. 7 and 3 vs. 6 on the other side. So as far as the AHR banner is concerned, two of the possibilities are all green (Peony/Camilla or Claude/F!Alear/Dimitri) or one of each color (Edelgard/Camilla or Claude/Sanaki & Micaiah/Gullveig).

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That can happen in the second round if Peony and Gullveig both lose.

If they don't change anything, it should be 1 vs. 8 and 4 vs. 5 on one side, 2 vs. 7 and 3 vs. 6 on the other side. So as far as the AHR banner is concerned, two of the possibilities are all green (Peony/Camilla or Claude/F!Alear/Dimitri) or one of each color (Edelgard/Camilla or Claude/Sanaki & Micaiah/Gullveig).

Indeed, but imagine if Heroes decided that they wanted to railroad them into a guaranteed battle and made the brackets 1 v 5, 2 v 6, 3 v 7, and 4 v 8.

Didn't we have a bracket like that one year?

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Indeed, but imagine if Heroes decided that they wanted to railroad them into a guaranteed battle and made the brackets 1 v 5, 2 v 6, 3 v 7, and 4 v 8.

Didn't we have a bracket like that one year?

Yes, they did that way in the 2020 AHR.

They have also never used that seeding again since the 2020 one. 

Pretty solid. I have Alear and Peony - three Peonies actually - but even then a fourth Peony would be better than Alear for my purposes. It figures then that the unit I want most - Sanaki - is likely to be knocked out by the unit I want least.

My preferred banner composition in terms of the units I'd rather have is Edelgard, Camilla, Sanaki, Gullveig. However that banner would be colour-balanced and bad in terms of 5-star rate. On the other hand, it's possible to have a repeat green dream if round one works out: Peony, Camilla/Claude, Alear, Dimitri. I'd be fine with that for obvious reasons.

Edited by Humanoid