Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…I just had a thought. Who of the Heroes cast are members of the clergy? Wrys and Lucius are monks, so they sure count. Celica and Genny I’m sort of meh on, but they probably do too. Azama, I guess? Anyone else?

Lucius, at least.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…I just had a thought. Who of the Heroes cast are members of the clergy? Wrys and Lucius are monks, so they sure count. Celica and Genny I’m sort of meh on, but they probably do too. Azama, I guess? Anyone else?

For Fates, Azama sort of stretches the definition of clergy.

For Awakening, I am not sure if Robin counts since Grima!Robin is given the title of Heirophant. There is also Libra, Chrom's sixth waifu, once he gets into Heroes. Robin's dad counts since he is the head of the Grimleal.

I am not too familiar with the Tellius series and Shadow Dragon DS era since I do not have much exposure to them.

For Sacred Stones, none of the current characters are part of the clergy I think. Natasha is a nun and Moulder is a monk. Riev is an evil bishop. The Rachel is the daughter of the Pontifex, and I am assuming monster slaying counts as being active in the clergy.

For Blazing Sword, there is Serra too.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

What about Sakura? Shrine maidens are kind of like a Hoshidan equivalent of clergy right?

Her class references the clergy, but is Sakura herself actually part of the clergy though? I do not think Lissa is part of the clergy even though her class says cleric. Both of them seem to belong more to royalty rather than the clergy.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not too familiar with the Tellius series and Shadow Dragon DS era since I do not have much exposure to them.

Tellius doesn't really focus on clergies. All we have is Laura and maybe the Begnion senators.

@bethany81707 @mcsilas @XRay

Yeah, I wouldn’t really count the cleric princesses as full-time nuns, be it Maria, Lissa, or Sakura. Lena and Edain, on the other hand… but they aren’t princesses.

Aha, I somehow forgot Serra. The Rachel isn’t really a priest even despite her monster slaying and nieceness to the Pontifex, I’d say.

Oh, there are also Binding Blade’s Saul and Yoder, both full-time priests! And Elen too.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Fates, Azama sort of stretches the definition of clergy.

He does make his own religion in his ending lol

All this healer talk make me want to have Silque already in this game.

Also, wooo got a score of 4902 in Arena. Gosh, Sharena unfortunately doesn't score as much as Fjorm, and the Sacred Seals sure stack up.

Unfortunately it's only going back to Tier 19 but still a personal best.

I'll have to fully build Ephraim/Shiro and see if they can do any better points-wise.

Saw Thor Ragnarok earlier today. One month late, I know. Pretty good Fire Emblem movie. Surtr definitely very imposing. Costume design was excellent, love the capes. And the manakete character "Hulk" was definitely breaking conventions by not being a jailbait little girl. The Pegasus knights sequence was everything I hoped it could be, too. I really couldn't ask for more out of this adaptation. 

So, I was originally going to wait until I'd summoned a Klein that was +atk to promote him and make a brave bow Klein build, but I currently have a +spd -def Klein in my barracks ... his neutral attack isn't too bad with a different bow, and +spd is pretty good. Do you guys think it's worth just training my +spd Klein and giving him a bow that's not a brave bow? I mean, he doesn't need to be the most effective anyway, since I do have +atk Gordin for my brave bow needs, as well as Brave Lyn, Takumi, and Faye for other bows, and I could just pass on a spare slaying bow+ to him. Thoughts?

...I just noticed how ridiculously rare Fire magic is... wow. Remember the Katarina glitch with her owl-tome? The only cheap source of Elfire at the time was Lilina- now we only have Arvis to make it better. Everyone other than those two with Fire magic is 5* locked.

I thought Dark magic was supposed to be rarer.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Wow, my Eliwood just went from baggage claim to Head of Security for the Association of Kick-Your-Ass through the power of a better nature (+Atk -HP from +HP -Spd) and Refining Dews.

I'm liking Glimmer on him a lot. He really doesn't have the Speed to double, but he has the power to one-hit enemies with just his one Blazing Durandal + Death Blow 3 + Hone Cavalry + Attack 3 attack, and Glimmer winds up adding about as much damage as Luna against a 40 defense enemy. He can easily take down 2 enemies himself.

I got one Blazing Eliwood in VG today, but he died to Ryoma. He was my choice for my first dew forge, but now I'm considering Minerva instead. 

Random thought from discussing Fire Emblem and Smash- we are missing surprisingly few characters from Smash's trophies and stickers.

Of the trophies, we are missing Ashnard, Sothe and Validar, and also proper Owain and Inigo.

Of the stickers, we are missing Deke, Greil, Guy, Micaiah, Myrrh and Rutger.

This is a reminder that the cutest dragon Myrrh still isn’t in the game (clickable for source):
tumblr_o9ikzbEcWV1ru6c2do3_1280.png

EDIT: wait, wait, wait! Stephanie Sheh’s Rhajat pronounces her name as rah-ZHAT. Does is mean Tharja is THAR-zha?!

I’ve always thought the Js are pronounced as [j] here and not as [ʒ].

What the actual fuck.

Edited by Vaximillian

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Saw Thor Ragnarok earlier today. One month late, I know. Pretty good Fire Emblem movie. Surtr definitely very imposing. Costume design was excellent, love the capes. And the manakete character "Hulk" was definitely breaking conventions by not being a jailbait little girl. The Pegasus knights sequence was everything I hoped it could be, too. I really couldn't ask for more out of this adaptation. 

Do not forget about Lyon. She became a hot milf. It is also cool to see Thor class change from Warrior to Thunder Sage.

I am still a little triggered when they labelled Falcon Knights as Valkyries. We all know Valkyries do not fly.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

EDIT: wait, wait, wait! Stephanie Sheh’s Rhajat pronounces her name as rah-ZHAT. Does is mean Tharja is THAR-zha?!

Until they pronounce Tharja with [ʒ] or some other sound to make it official, I am sticking with [j] sound. I am used to pronouncing it as "booth far yes asleep."

Or maybe pronunciation is a fluid thing in Fire Emblem with no correct way of pronouncing it. Marth can be read as Mar-Mar or Marth, and each Anna pronounces her name slightly differently even though everyone else probably just pronounce it one way.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I got one Blazing Eliwood in VG today, but he died to Ryoma. He was my choice for my first dew forge, but now I'm considering Minerva instead. 

I was considering someone from the Weapon Refinery banner at first, but then I looked at my units and remembered that my Eliwood sucks, plus he has Horsie advantage over everyone else so I decided to cave in and make Eliwood stop sucking.

He'd do better in Horse Emblem since how else would he have more Attack than everyone else, plus he has the odd advantage over Roy of having more Res, so he can tank hits from Green Mages on Enemy Phase even without any Resistance buffs. I'll keep using him (it'd be a waste if I didn't lets face it), but I agree that Minerva would be better.

*insert "This is where I'd invest Refining Dews into Minerva IF I HAD HER!*

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

This is a reminder that the cutest dragon Myrrh still isn’t in the game (clickable for source):

I prefer Idenn. I think Ninian is starting to have trouble keeping the kids in line with their new toys. My big Tiki isn't merged enough (or refined) to help out.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

What the actual fuck.

Names that are clearly directly Anglicized from the Japanese names I tend to pronounce in the same way as in Japanese. Everything else I just make something up because fuck English.

Tharja for me is "THAR-ryah" since that pronunciation is functionally equivalent to her original Japanese name.

I pronounce Rhajat as "rah-DZHAHT" because it has nothing to do with her Japanese name, nothing to do with Tharja's name phonetically (forced anagrams have no requirement of using the same phoneme for each letter), meaning I just go with the standard English pronunciation of each letter.

Also, the "usual" pronunciation of "j" in English is technically [dʒ] and not [ʒ].

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I was considering someone from the Weapon Refinery banner at first, but then I looked at my units and remembered that my Eliwood sucks, plus he has Horsie advantage over everyone else so I decided to cave in and make Eliwood stop sucking.

He'd do better in Horse Emblem since how else would he have more Attack than everyone else, plus he has the odd advantage over Roy of having more Res, so he can tank hits from Green Mages on Enemy Phase even without any Resistance buffs. I'll keep using him (it'd be a waste if I didn't lets face it), but I agree that Minerva would be better.

*insert "This is where I'd invest Refining Dews into Minerva IF I HAD HER!*

Well it's hard to choose whom to give the first big forge. Eliwood is still to promote to 5* ... and there are quite some units in the queue. 

Minerva is great (I was really lucky to get her before the last TTs), but maxed HM. Eliwood would profit the most, but has got stiff competition in BH!Roy (+SPD), Siegbert (+ATK, only one not maxed HM), Sigurd and Eldigan. Eldigan is good with Desperation+Brash, but would become much better with double Fury. Ephraim forge is also cool. 

What skills did you give Eliwood and what nature is yours? 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well it's hard to choose whom to give the first big forge. Eliwood is still to promote to 5* ... and there are quite some units in the queue. 

Minerva is great (I was really lucky to get her before the last TTs), but maxed HM. Eliwood would profit the most, but has got stiff competition in BH!Roy (+SPD), Siegbert (+ATK, only one not maxed HM), Sigurd and Eldigan. Eldigan is good with Desperation+Brash, but would become much better with double Fury. Ephraim forge is also cool. 

What skills did you give Eliwood and what nature is yours? 

+Atk -HP, where before he was +HP -Spd (I first summoned Eliwood from Battling Michalis banner), running Death Blow 3, Axebreaker, Spur Atk, Swap (I want to replace it with Reposition but I have no fodder at all), and Glimmer. I had him with Attack +3 sacred seal and Horse Emblem support.

Glimmer I'd say is the big one since Eliwood has the power, but not the speed, which I personally believe puts Glimmer over Moonbow in that way. In training, I'd have Eliwood initiate attack on a target he could OHKO (most low-defense axes, healers, mages, those kind of units) before having him target someone who had enough defense and HP to tank Eliwoods one hit, which then became a OHKO thanks to Blazing Durandal charged Glimmer.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

+Atk -HP, where before he was +HP -Spd (I first summoned Eliwood from Battling Michalis banner), running Death Blow 3, Axebreaker, Spur Atk, Swap (I want to replace it with Reposition but I have no fodder at all), and Glimmer. I had him with Attack +3 sacred seal and Horse Emblem support.

Glimmer I'd say is the big one since Eliwood has the power, but not the speed, which I personally believe puts Glimmer over Moonbow in that way. In training, I'd have Eliwood initiate attack on a target he could OHKO (most low-defense axes, healers, mages, those kind of units) before having him target someone who had enough defense and HP to tank Eliwoods one hit, which then became a OHKO thanks to Blazing Durandal charged Glimmer.

Mine is of the same nature. My plan was to promote and play him until I can merge him into a +SPD 4*+10 Eliwood who could run LnD3 and Galeforce in a Roy-ish way. But I'm far from that goal. 

I though Glimmer was the cheap Moonbow? Wasn't it better to run Glacies or Dragon Fang with QP Seal? With a Hone Cav he should be able to one-round a lot of units. 

I got my first *real* taste of just how amazing the breath refines are.

Spoiler

kwsc2Bw.jpg

Both units standing on a fortification tile with Tiki currently debuffed with -5/-5/+0/+0 (Fortify Dragons ignored due to Divine Naga).

I love my dragons.

(Still waiting for Idenn, Jahn, Nils, Myrrh, Morva, Dheginhansea, Nagi, Naga, Grima, Mila, and Duma. I suppose I wouldn't mind Bantu (lol veteran dragon) and Mediuth either. And Mist Breath Tiki.)

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Mine is of the same nature. My plan was to promote and play him until I can merge him into a +SPD 4*+10 Eliwood who could run LnD3 and Galeforce in a Roy-ish way. But I'm far from that goal. 

I though Glimmer was the cheap Moonbow? Wasn't it better to run Glacies or Dragon Fang with QP Seal? With a Hone Cav he should be able to one-round a lot of units. 

I... admittedly didn't check Glacies or Iceberg + Quickened Pulse, but IMO Glimmer is still better.

Without Fortify Cavalry Iceberg would only be +16 damage where Glacies would be +25 damage, but it would activate on a 3rd attack, which without something like Axebreaker or the Desperation Assault combo would put Eliwood in 3 rounds of combat, 2 of which he would be reliant on his raw power, which to be fair is pretty good, but in something like the Arena he would only have at average 2 advantageous targets if the enemy is running a color balanced team.

Glimmer can add anywhere from 18-22 damage, which I find is usually enough to OHKO a Sword with at least 30 defense and somewhere between 40-50 HP.. Since it's only 2 charge, which means full charge with Blazing Durandal, it also means Eliwood is free to run any SS he wants to and let someone else run Quickened Pulse.

He would not do well in later stages of a Tempest Trial, but Eliwood should do just fine in Arena Assault. Then again, I may not be the best person to ask considering I only just got Eliwood to how he is now...

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I... admittedly didn't check Glacies or Iceberg + Quickened Pulse, but IMO Glimmer is still better.

Without Fortify Cavalry Iceberg would only be +16 damage where Glacies would be +25 damage, but it would activate on a 3rd attack, which without something like Axebreaker or the Desperation Assault combo would put Eliwood in 3 rounds of combat, 2 of which he would be reliant on his raw power, which to be fair is pretty good, but in something like the Arena he would only have at average 2 advantageous targets if the enemy is running a color balanced team.

Glimmer can add anywhere from 18-22 damage, which I find is usually enough to OHKO a Sword with at least 30 defense and somewhere between 40-50 HP.. Since it's only 2 charge, which means full charge with Blazing Durandal, it also means Eliwood is free to run any SS he wants to and let someone else run Quickened Pulse.

He would not do well in later stages of a Tempest Trial, but Eliwood should do just fine in Arena Assault. Then again, I may not be the best person to ask considering I only just got Eliwood to how he is now...

But ... all those specials activate on his second attack if he doubles the opponent and is of higher ATK: 

Glacies (4 charge - 1 QP): Eliwood attacks -2, opponent counter -1, Eliwood follow-up attacks and procs Glacies. 

Same for Glimmer, because Eliwood can't proc it on the first attack. The sense of having Blazing Durandal is to run a special with a higher count. 3 would be the minimum. 

Glimmer depends on Eliwoods ATK and on the opponents DEF, while Iceberg/Glacies have a guaranteed damage output. If there is low damage dealt without the special, then there would be also low damage proccing Glimmer. 

Edited by mampfoid

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But ... all those specials activate on his second attack if he doubles the opponent and is of higher ATK: 

Glacies (4 charge - 1 QP): Eliwood attacks -2, opponent counter -1, Eliwood follow-up attacks and procs Glacies. 

Same for Glimmer, because Eliwood can't proc it on the first attack. The sense of having Blazing Durandal is to run a special with a higher count. 3 would be the minimum. 

Glimmer depends on Eliwoods ATK and on the opponents DEF, while Iceberg/Glacies have a guaranteed damage output. If there is low damage dealt without the special, then there would be also low damage proccing Glimmer. 

Oooh, see I was thinking Eliwood would only be getting one attack in. Mine only has 30 speed, so I'd have thought the point was to delete an enemy in one hit BEFORE they can attack, then use the charged Glimmer to delete another.

Attack +3, Hone Cav, and Death Blow give my +1 merge Eliwood 69 Atk, which should be enough to delete one Green or low-defense Colorless in one hit, which should be his first target if he can help it. At that much attack, an enemy with about 33 defense and not blue would be hit with a Glimmer that is stronger than Iceberg, which should kill any neutral matchup unit.

Someone please interject if you wish to, I am a youthful mind of theatrical theoretical.

Edited by Xenomata

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oooh, see I was thinking Eliwood would only be getting one attack in. Mine only has 30 speed, so I'd have thought the point was to delete an enemy in one hit BEFORE they can attack, then use the charged Glimmer to delete another.

Attack +3, Hone Cav, and Death Blow give my +1 merge Eliwood 69 Atk, which should be enough to delete one Green or low-defense Colorless in one hit, which should be his first target if he can help it.

Ok, now I get it. You one-shoot someone and have a high chance to one-shot another unit because of Glimmer. 

He would one-shot a unit with 29 DEF and 40 HP for example. But the same thing could do an Eliwood Brave+ built at 58 ATK. He would kill the first unit, but could proc a 3 count special on his second hit attacking the second opponent. 

I'm still thinking of a way to best profit from Blazing Durandals effect. Doubling seems still the best way to me, because he could proc Galeforce or a 3/4 count damage special in one round. 

Edited by mampfoid