Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

ugh I'm so duuuuuuuumb

I accidentally upgraded Fae's Light Breath instead of her Lightning Breath...IS gives me 50 free Refining Stones, and I just throw 'em away.  Not to mention the 350 SP I just grinded out...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

47k feathers and... I don't know what to do with them...

• I could +2 Matt, but that's neutral Matt so it's just +1 to ATK, SPD, DEF and HP.
  • I could +1 Lukas and give him +HP/-SPD (Current one is +SPD/-ATK) but he's about to cap HM and he's doing fine as he is.
  • I could *5 Palla but... I never use Palla.
  • I could +1 Cain and turn him from +SPD/-ATK to +ATK/-DEF but... something is keeping me from doing that... not sure what.
  • I could give Gronnraven+ to Inigo, but he lacks TA3 so it feels incomplete to do that, plus dancer ring has been oddly useful.
  • I could +1 Lilina and make her +ATK/-HP (Currently +DEF/-HP) but she's so underwhelming as a unit it doesn't seem worth it.
  • I could +3 Marth (already +1) but I'm just dumping feathers at that point, not even using him and I think I'm going to postpone +10 Marth for +10 Matt.
  • I could *5 my +ATK/-RES Chrom. But I'm not sure what to do with him yet and I have *5's that not only need building, but can fulfill my needs so it's not his time yet.
  • I could *5 a Nowi to give my Y!Tiki (+ATK/-RES) Lightning Breath+, but I have no Fury to give her so she'd be incomplete.
  • I could *5 one of my Barsts (ATK/-DEF | +SPD/-RES | +SPD/-HP) but... I don't know what to do with him either.

Then you have things like giving my Ogma or Bridelia LnD3, giving Lukas or BK QR3, giving Effie a Brave Lance+. And as far as *4'ing goes. I've got tons of Bonfire fodder and a few units that need it. Problem is nothing feels worth it right now. This is the kind of indecisiveness that leads to people having 100s of feathers.

And so... I'm probably going to sit on them.

Mae: Who are you?

Mae: I'm you. But better.

xXDujN6.jpg?1

I love the auras. So much. They look really neat. XD So far I've managed to upgrade Lucius, Lukas, Ninian. and Mae. And let's not forget Merric...but he doesn't get an aura. I'll probably think about getting him something just so he can glow. Maybe Keen Gronnwolf+...

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

47k feathers and... I don't know what to do with them...

• I could +2 Matt, but that's neutral Matt so it's just +1 to ATK, SPD, DEF and HP.
  • I could +1 Lukas and give him +HP/-SPD (Current one is +SPD/-ATK) but he's about to cap HM and he's doing fine as he is.
  • I could *5 Palla but... I never use Palla.
  • I could +1 Cain and turn him from +SPD/-ATK to +ATK/-DEF but... something is keeping me from doing that... not sure what.
  • I could give Gronnraven+ to Inigo, but he lacks TA3 so it feels incomplete to do that, plus dancer ring has been oddly useful.
  • I could +1 Lilina and make her +ATK/-HP (Currently +DEF/-HP) but she's so underwhelming as a unit it doesn't seem worth it.
  • I could +3 Marth (already +1) but I'm just dumping feathers at that point, not even using him and I think I'm going to postpone +10 Marth for +10 Matt.
  • I could *5 my +ATK/-RES Chrom. But I'm not sure what to do with him yet and I have *5's that not only need building, but can fulfill my needs so it's not his time yet.
  • I could *5 a Nowi to give my Y!Tiki (+ATK/-RES) Lightning Breath+, but I have no Fury to give her so she'd be incomplete.
  • I could *5 one of my Barsts (ATK/-DEF | +SPD/-RES | +SPD/-HP) but... I don't know what to do with him either.

Then you have things like giving my Ogma or Bridelia LnD3, giving Lukas or BK QR3, giving Effie a Brave Lance+. And as far as *4'ing goes. I've got tons of Bonfire fodder and a few units that need it. Problem is nothing feels worth it right now. This is the kind of indecisiveness that leads to people having 100s of feathers.

And so... I'm probably going to sit on them.

I reckon LnD3 Bridelia or Effie with Brave Lance+ are best options. 

Quadelia's pretty bonkers at +spd (if not, no rush then) and of course Effie's as good as always. Brave Lance+ is probably her best budget set. 

7 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

ugh I'm so duuuuuuuumb

I accidentally upgraded Fae's Light Breath instead of her Lightning Breath...IS gives me 50 free Refining Stones, and I just throw 'em away.  Not to mention the 350 SP I just grinded out...

Dang that sucks :(

At least it wasn't an Inherit Skill mistake where the character disappears forever until you roll a new one. I've done that :(

Well I guess if there's a GHB where you need the support of Light Breath you're ready?

@Zeo Don't do Cain yet, keep his Defense stat intact if you can. I think LaD 3 for Bridelia is the best use of it, since Jaffar/Minerva is quite rare.

I wasn't doing a little testing with weapon refinery, and got this: sKDggru.jpg

S!Corrin's +res nature is now shining through. Slap Iceberg on her and a hone or  a goad and she will be a great supporter.

Edited by Poimagic

11 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Quadelia's pretty bonkers at +spd (if not, no rush then) and of course Effie's as good as always. Brave Lance+ is probably her best budget set. 

@ZeoI'd argue that Brave Lance for Effie isn't that great an option compared to either Berkut's Lance+ or Ridersbane+, what with the reforge bonuses they give.

Also I generally agree with @mcsilas in that Cain's Def is pretty practical to hold onto (particularly for baiting units like Brave Ike and Hector), though of those two natures, the +Atk/-Def one is gonna be more useful. -Res is ideal, of course.

13 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Don't do Cain yet, keep his Defense stat intact if you can. I think LaD 3 for Bridelia is the best use of it, since Jaffar/Minerva is quite rare.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

@ZeoI'd argue that Brave Lance for Effie isn't that great an option compared to either Berkut's Lance+ or Ridersbane+, what with the reforge bonuses they give.

Crap... I promoted the Cain before I went to sleep though. Sadly you guys were right. His Enemy phase is horrible now, he gets doubled and dies way easier than he did before, getting doubled by twice as many things as before. Then again he's never killed as many things on Player Phase as he does now. I patched him somewhat with the defense seal, but the loss of -3 SPD and -3 DEF hurts even with the +7 ATK jump. Oh well, what's done is done.

Reason why Effie and Bridelia aren't premiere choices for me is that I don't really use Effie outside of Armor emblem (and she's not +ATK) so it doesn't feel that worth it to me. Bridelia on the other hand has LnD2 and is +ATK at +1 (so another point of ATK). For every situation where she needed one more point of ATK or SPD there's two more situations where she survived an encounter with 1-2 HP left, so that LnD3 would have gotten her killed. For most situations I can just slap the Attack +3 seal on her and she'll kill whatever she couldn't before so... doesn't seem that worth it to me. Otherwise she would have gotten it ages ago.

I ended up spending the second 20k on a Matthew merge because I couldn't help myself. By Monday I'll have enough feathers for another *5. I'll probably sit on them this time around. Cain's ultimate fate was probably going to be Brave Sword+ fodder for Chrom, so I admit it's a little bittersweet to have invested resources into him, but he would have never gotten to 3000 HM with the nature he had.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Also I generally agree with @mcsilas in that Cain's Def is pretty practical to hold onto (particularly for baiting units like Brave Ike and Hector), though of those two natures, the +Atk/-Def one is gonna be more useful. -Res is ideal, of course.

I am under the impression that distant counter Effie builds are her best(?) with reforged Berkut's Lance or Ridersbane, however due to having innate Death Blow, Brave Lance+ is the least investment build she can adopt whilst still being a very effective alternative to sacking Hector. Build only costs 20k feathers and a Draug if Armour Emblem or Peri if not.

1 hour ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I am under the impression that distant counter Effie builds are her best(?) with reforged Berkut's Lance or Ridersbane, however due to having innate Death Blow, Brave Lance+ is the least investment build she can adopt whilst still being a very effective alternative to sacking Hector. Build only costs 20k feathers and a Draug if Armour Emblem or Peri if not.

Good point, and I guess it really comes down to when you plan to use her. If you just keep her around for Arena Assault backup duty, then you might never need Distant Counter to begin with.

Wow, my Eliwood just went from baggage claim to Head of Security for the Association of Kick-Your-Ass through the power of a better nature (+Atk -HP from +HP -Spd) and Refining Dews.

I'm liking Glimmer on him a lot. He really doesn't have the Speed to double, but he has the power to one-hit enemies with just his one Blazing Durandal + Death Blow 3 + Hone Cavalry + Attack 3 attack, and Glimmer winds up adding about as much damage as Luna against a 40 defense enemy. He can easily take down 2 enemies himself.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Rezzy: Gwendies? I’ve had plenty of them indeed. But I can listen to their lines endlessly. Cherami Leigh is amazing. And a-Mae-zing.

I had two solid rows of her before I sent some home.

5 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I have two rows of Hinatas, some 3*, some 4*.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do!

Fury for everyone!

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Fury for everyone!

Who do I give it to? Who here would benefit from Fury? Probably a lot of you, but what if someone better comes along? Oh... and I can't make you a bulky 4*+10, because Fury is a good skill I want to hand out... you know, eventually...

This is why Florina and Sophia are my 4*+10s.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Who do I give it to? Who here would benefit from Fury? Probably a lot of you, but what if someone better comes along? Oh... and I can't make you a bulky 4*+10, because Fury is a good skill I want to hand out... you know, eventually...

But Darting Blow and Ardent Sacrifice!

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm still waiting for a Florina with a less detrimental bane to come along.

Well, now that I think about it, her speed is pretty low and even +spd won't save her from having not-very-good speed. Should I just promote the +atk -spd one? She already has swordbreaker 3 and sapphire lance+ from a spare Sully, so she's basically invincible against most reds anyway.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

I'm still waiting for a Florina with a less detrimental bane to come along.

Well, now that I think about it, her speed is pretty low and even +spd won't save her from having not-very-good speed. Should I just promote the +atk -spd one? She already has swordbreaker 3 and sapphire lance+ from a spare Sully, so she's basically invincible against most reds anyway.

I'm fairly sure that's my Florina's nature. I say fairly, because my Clair turned into +Res/-Spd somewhere along the line...

Just now, bethany81707 said:

I'm fairly sure that's my Florina's nature. I say fairly, because my Clair turned into +Res/-Spd somewhere along the line...

If I recall correctly, last I saw your Florina was with a brave lance. So do you think +atk -spd is still decent enough to promote and that she'll be a red killer even with -spd? I'd just replace her darting blow with something else if I do promote this one. Also, interesting choice of Clair! I managed to get a +atk one that wasn't -spd at some point, so I switched over to that one.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

If I recall correctly, last I saw your Florina was with a brave lance. So do you think +atk -spd is still decent enough to promote and that she'll be a red killer even with -spd? I'd just replace her darting blow with something else if I do promote this one. Also, interesting choice of Clair! I managed to get a +atk one that wasn't -spd at some point, so I switched over to that one.

I'm fairly sure one can blame @XRay for that decision. Next time I get a Hector, Vax's Res tanking build sounds nice for one of my pegasi. As for your idea... yeah, she's going to struggle to handle reds and their generally higher speeds anyway.

Clair is one of my four favourites (the others being Florina, Tana and Elincia), so I wanted to make something of her. Right now, she's a mess.