• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Everybody had a chance to have her. Apparently, not everybody has Fjorm, if they need to remind about her on the bulletin board.

She was probably the least taken of the four units, though.  Most took Lyn, with the rest mostly taking Ike.  Of the last two, Roy probably edges her due to having a horse.  I definitely see Lancina the least in Arena.

I picked Roy because the red pool is fucking huge. Considering that I've summoned Lucina and Lyn once, and Ike twice, and Roy never since the Brave banner, I made the right decision.

Edited by Sunwoo

Anyone think we'll ever be getting another mini-Tempest?  I thought they were going to be a mainstay after the first one, but it's been months now, and we still haven't seen another one.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Anyone think we'll ever be getting another mini-Tempest?  I thought they were going to be a mainstay after the first one, but it's been months now, and we still haven't seen another one.

I hope so. We really need to get the repeats of Tobin and Clive out of the way, so we can get repeats of the more useful Tempest rewards.

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I hope so. We really need to get the repeats of Tobin and Clive out of the way, so we can get repeats of the more useful Tempest rewards.

I could use a merge for my Tobin.  He's a good Hector killer for Arena Assault.

I guess we're going to be getting Special Dev maps tomorrow.  Hopefully I can build up a nice Orb stash before the inevitable Christmas Banner.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

>EDIT: holy fuck I hate how this forum software processes spoiler tags. It’s infuriating. When I fucking type [/spoiler], I expect the fucking spoiler to fucking end right fucking there, and not to last until eternity. Fuck’s sake.<

@SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep
I finally did this:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20171212_090146.png

Screenshot_20171212_090150.png

Screenshot_20171212_090154.png

Screenshot_20171212_090205.png

-

Now I have all three Askrans at 5★.

Now you can revel in the fact that a free Death Blow unit can't be SI'd away, and that you need him for certain quests!

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I’d love to have more Tobins to make my original Tobin even more of a physical tank. Extra Clives wouldn’t hurt, either. 

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, um, appearently a guy found a way to fast forward the game and found out that the warriors maps might be coming back. I don't know if this is true or not, though.

How does one fast forward the game

48 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess the event schedule's just been too full of regular Tempests and Voting Gauntlets. I do hope we get more minis, though. Tobin's the only TT unit I'm missing because I joined after his Tempest.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I hope we have more mini Tempest Trials. It felt like its been a long time since the last one.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In addition to Leo and Klein, they even added Deirdre and Dorcas recently who are 5★-only. I think I know why QR remains 5★-locked.

THE REASON IS FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU IS WHY.

Yes, we know you're upset about your lack of Deirdre, Vax. Why else would you bring this up?

Yeah, that sounds reasonable enough. Meanwhile, Life and Death is also still 5*-locked and it hasn't been part of a new hero's kit since Zephiel all the way back in April. Just something else to think about.

You know usually I regret doing mass summonings because all of a sudden I'm short a few hundred bucks, but then I look at my units, both massively improved and just summoned, and I realize that the total happiness in the world has just increased.

Also Catria with a Firesweep Lance+ is AWESOME. I am so ready to start on a Flier Emblem Team.

43 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I hope we have more mini Tempest Trials. It felt like its been a long time since the last one.

It's been two months. I need another Tobin or two since I failed to get the second Tobin. ):

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just something else to think about.

Yeah, this is complete bullshit.

I need QR for Oboro, I need QR for Beruka, I now need QR for Catria. I need to upgrade QR on Michalis, Xander, and Eldigan. I need so much QR it isn’t even funny.

And I need much L&D too.

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It’s almost as if...Life and Death and Quick Riposte are good skills! Who could possibly have guessed?

Need a reason to pay pull after all. It’s good being flooded with Hana’s.

Nah, the devs clearly don't see LaD as good if they can go almost eight months now without at least giving it to a new hero. No, even I don't know if I'm being serious with this statement.

On 12/10/2017 at 5:48 PM, mcsilas said:

Vanilla Fjorm with Reposition (also has Spur Atk to not waste Barst's sacrifice but using Drive Atk) and Close Defense 3 SS

Black Knight +1 with SteadyBreath, Pivot, Black Luna, Vantage, Ward Armour and Quickened Pulse

Hector (+Spd/-Atk but with Summoner Support). Has Pivot, Bonfire, DC, Vantage, Goad Armour and Distant Defense seal.

Amelia (+Atk/-Res) with Swap, LaD3, Desperation, Armour March, Bonfire and Deflect Magic since she can't counter. I should probably give her a Blessing but i only have 1 so i'm indecisive.

since swapping out Sharena i get more 700 point matches although i really miss Sharena's Swordbreaker against Ayras and BKs since I'm very green weak. Buffed dragons are a problem now, too.

Suddenly got more wins with Fjorm instead of Sharena/Olivia, too since I always struggle with these maps

I somehow managed to scrape by with my aforementioned team and bumped my score up. I just barely made it into tier 20 with a 12k something rank when 12,1xx was the capoff. Would be an achievement but this is my 2nd time getting into tier 20 and the first time my rank was around 7k with a higher score. I wonder if I should run an armor team but with Halloween Henry running a Raven+ Bowbreaker build to counter Rein and B!Lyn. That would definitely make my life easier. 

Also I was fishing around on reddit and found a few interesting Matthew builds. It really is a shame how bad his stat distribution is to the point that even at +10 his stats are nothing to write home about, yet people still manage to make him pretty great. That and the 5 MT boost on top of a bulk increase and stat of choice, anyways. Before I go into anything though, no, Matt's not my favorite FE character. But he's up there in my top 10, maybe 5, and this is a character I can invest in, so here we are.

Spoiler

t0fMlyp.png

This one's neat because he's basically a meta counter. He has the bulk and ATK to kill B!Lyn on the counter and thanks to DM3 he can also tank and kill Rein. It's a nice build but not something I'd run for him since Fury undermines his bulk and survivability, plus without CC he's a sitting duck waiting to be attacked, even if he's a buff/debuff wall. Still it's a unique idea and a supplement to any team. 

I came across a Saizo as well, with a pretty close idea to what I had initially, but couldn't fulfill it.

Spoiler

0Po9XmscSSCLnurO7Ws1oQ.png

This build is close to what I wanted to do. Be able to debuff, counter, tank attacks hard and use the DD seal to mitigate damage from the unit's weakest stat: RES. Matt would use this build better since his RES and HP beat out Saizos. He won't be able to do as much damage or take as much physical punishment though. It's actually a pretty good arguement that Saizo is a superior choice for what I'm trying to do with Matt. But personally I think that HP and RES matters, that and if you take a good boon like +ATK or +SPD, you're making Saizo's already low HP even worse, evening his DEF out with Matt's or crippling his already terrible RES making him ripe for OHKO'ing. Anyways good build but the lack of a speed crippler bothers me. Which brings me to what I found.

My ideal Matt build, realized by another.

Spoiler

VEGiHTP.png

Respectable RES, sky high DEF, and Seals/Smokes that completely destroy both enemy unit's ATK and SPD. Ensuring that Matt's not only going to survive attacks, but likely double and kill whatever unit is attacking him. It's a thing of beauty and wonder. I would trade that DEF refinement for SPD and his ideal nature would be +ATK/-HP. But this is my dream build realized.

To make this a reality however, I'd need 2 Sigurds (one to keep, one to fodder) and to sacrifice my S!Frederick (who happens to be +SPD/-HP and a great unit himself) for Seal ATK/SPD. If I wanted to go Distant DEF instead of SPD Smoke I'd need a spare B!Lyn instead. It's all really really steep and I can't part with my S!Frederick. But the fact that it's even a consideration is proof of my love of the character. I can't really invest in any of my favorites as they are most to all *5 locked so without whaling and the right banner it can't happen. Matt's the only character that is realistic for me to invest in and honestly, with the Dagger buffs, he's worth it.

Maybe someday he'll be +10. But for now I settle for this:

Spoiler

NqCkcdG.png

Currently partnered with PA!Inigo. Still waiting on that +ATK nature or even a +SPD fill in. Also waiting on that fateful partner for me to give Drive ATK 3 from my spare Fjorm. Maybe it'll be Ephraim if he ever shows up, maybe it'll be the Legendary fire hero whoever that may be, only time will tell. Some day he'll be on my Arena offense team. Maybe even the defense one.

We'll see.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

@GuiltyLove @DefaultBeep @SatsumaFSoysoy @Arcanite
Almost there! Now she only needs QR3 to be complete:
*snip*

But she is already queen of the skies.

(don’t mind Desperation, it’s a leftover from her edgy L&D phase)

Awesome! Maybe that Def boon will be put to better use now ;) All I've done is give my Catria Close Def 3, she still needs everything else, including a weapon and merge for a better boon/bane.

Hm... who is she Supported with, by the way?