Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Well, if you do continue, I hope you get him :)

Thanks, but I think I'm done with this banner. I like the units, too bad they are all armors. Reindier Cav or Sledge flier would have been great. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks, but I think I'm done with this banner. I like the units, too bad they are all armors. Reindier Cav or Sledge flier would have been great. 

I'd've loved to get a male flying tome. 

I do agree... armours just don't feel exciting to me. I like the way they look (especially Chrom and Lissa... Robin isn't detailed enough and, even ignoring the outfit, Tharja's face looks so weird to me). But even with armour march, the one move thing is just too limiting for my liking. 

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

Okay, so another question for people who play the Japanese version of Heroes. What does Oboro say for her map select quotes, specifically the second one: " 準備はいいわ"? The first and third one I think I have an idea of what she's saying, "Eh" would be like her "Okay" and the third one, something like "Ganbaru wa", I understand, but can't find the words for it from remember what "Ganbatte" was subtitled as in various anime. The second one, something like "Junbi ii wa" would be like her "Ready" and from what I remember of Felicia's "Junbi okay desu", but I'm curious as to what she's saying exactly.

準備はいいわ basically means that she's ready to go. If you want something more literal, it's more along the lines of the "preparation/setup are done" so she's ready to move out. 

I'm surprised I'm not seeing too much hype around Christmas Robin.  Granted, he doesn't have a flashy new skill like Lissa or Tharja, but he's basically Blue!Amelia and everyone seems to love her.  And he has a slightly higher BST (with a small chance at higher BST tier), while also gaining access to more weapon types (Ridersbane and Berkut's Lance in exchange for Legion's Axe).  Is being blue that big of a deal to make people go so meh on him?

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

準備はいいわ basically means that she's ready to go. If you want something more literal, it's more along the lines of the "preparation/setup are done" so she's ready to move out. 

Okay, thanks.

Anyway, reading the "ready to go" in your post reminds me that I wish Genny had her "I'm ready to go!" as one of her map select quotes.

I decided to look at the dataminr again, and I found that appearently those daily maps from long ago, the ones that had 2 maps and focused around a theme and gave 2 orbs, are coming back, but it looks like there will only be 11 of the said maps.

Edited by Poimagic

40 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I'm surprised I'm not seeing too much hype around Christmas Robin.  Granted, he doesn't have a flashy new skill like Lissa or Tharja, but he's basically Blue!Amelia and everyone seems to love her.  And he has a slightly higher BST (with a small chance at higher BST tier), while also gaining access to more weapon types (Ridersbane and Berkut's Lance in exchange for Legion's Axe).  Is being blue that big of a deal to make people go so meh on him?

I remember a lot of hype over Amelia when she was first released, but she doesn't seem to be as big of a deal now that everyone has BK and there are other sources of Armor March. (Although only one of those other sources isn't Robin himself.)

Robin does seem pretty noteworthy, though, especially with the other blue armors so far being very limited in number and in stat distribution. I think he looks solid, and I might pull for him later in the month, but personally, I feel like he's a bit overshadowed by Tharja at the moment, and there's a possibility of other exciting units from banners coming up soon.

40 minutes ago, GinRei said:

I remember a lot of hype over Amelia when she was first released, but she doesn't seem to be as big of a deal now that everyone has BK and there are other sources of Armor March. (Although only one of those other sources isn't Robin himself.)

Robin does seem pretty noteworthy, though, especially with the other blue armors so far being very limited in number and in stat distribution. I think he looks solid, and I might pull for him later in the month, but personally, I feel like he's a bit overshadowed by Tharja at the moment, and there's a possibility of other exciting units from banners coming up soon.

I wish I didn't let my impulses get the better of me. I convinced myself I was only going to do one full pull. Instead I spend another 20 orbs because I'm spooked by another tempest and the chance of no 40% unit, but instead of pulling from the entire pool I pull blue and back out, then I do a full pull on the next pool and get nothing but *3's.

There was only one blue in that second pool, if I was going to commit to other colors I should have just pulled on the first pool and took my chances (2 green and 1 red means I could have missed out on Chrom/Lissa/Tharja) or I should have sniped blue for WE!Robin if that is what I was going to do. Instead I have 5 orbs and a 3.50% rate. If I wanted to save I failed, if I wanted a Tempest unit I failed that as well.

Kinda makes me worry about spending money. Not that I'd waste money, but that I'd waste the orbs.

I decided to look at my Nino's and turns out I have a +spd/-def Nino. I would build her, but I'll probably sacc her of for draw back later on and I have units that I actually have an attachment to and want to build like a Jagen.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I decided to look at my Nino's and turns out I have a +spd/-def Nino. I would build her, but I'll probably sacc her of for draw back later on and I have units that I actually have an attachment to and want to build like a Jagen.

B-but little Nino... ;_;

At least keep the +Spd, -Def Nino and get her to level 40 as a 4*.

Speaking of little girls being dangerous killing machine, this would likely never happen, but Maria as a knight with Hauteclere would be pretty badass. Also, knight Elise and Sakura, because why not and as a reference to one of Sakura's Cipher cards where she's a knight.

So, with Bold Fighter being a thing, what are the chances of Gatrie showing up with it? 35/35 offenses knight with Bold Fighter as his default skill.

And... cue the developers giving him boosted BST, 38/38 offenses, and a personal Amiti lance.

Spoiler

Gatrie, Perpetual Powercreep

50 HP, 38 Atk, 38 Spd, 35 Def, and 13 Res

The Great Gatrie: 11 Mt. -2 Spd. Attack twice when initiating combat. Refinement upgrade: -0 Spd. Attack four times when initiating combat. Unique refinement option: +1 movement.

Shove

Black Luna

Death Blow 3

Bold Fighter 3

Res Ploy 3

:p

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

So, with Bold Fighter being a thing, what are the chance of Gatrie showing up with it? 35/35 offenses knight with Bold Fighter as their default skill.

And... cue the developers giving him boosted BST, 38/38 offenses, and a personal Amiti lance.

Hide contents

The Great Gatrie: 11 Mt. -2 Spd. Attack twice when initiating combat. Refinement upgrade: -0 Spd. Attack four times when initiating combat. Unique refinement option: +1 movement.

Shove

Black Luna

Death Blow 3

Bold Fighter 3

Res Ploy 3

Give him Provoke. You mean that's not innate to Gatrie?

So I went through a few of the chain challenges that I had struggled hard with before and I swear there was barely any point to bringing Legion or Nephenee besides buffing and ferrying Katarina 

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

So, with Bold Fighter being a thing, what are the chances of Gatrie showing up with it? 35/35 offenses knight with Bold Fighter as his default skill.

Reveal hidden contents

Shove

Black Luna

Death Blow 3

Bold Fighter 3

Res Ploy 3

Bold/Vengeful Fighter, like Wary Fighter, are better on units that have low Spd and are therefore unlikely to double on their own. So that doesn't seem like the most likely combination.

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Something that occurred to me about the potential introduction of Ashnard:

Reveal hidden contents

Should he be weak to dragon-effective weapons? If so, should he maintain his theoretical bow weakness, or dispense with it FE10 style?

Unlikely. Did he even have any weaknesses in FE9? In any case, Heroes defines things by its own standards. Narcian and Valter aren't weak to dragon-slaying weapons even though they are in their base games, and if Jill or Haar get added as their FE10 versions, I'm sure they'll retain their weaknesses to bows and Excalibur rather than trading them for a weakness to thunder magic. (And if they use axes, they'll actually be good against thunder magic.) Assuming Ashnard gets added as a flier, it should be safe to expect him to function just like all the other fliers.

Bringing up Ashnard does raise the question of how they might add future antagonists. They seem to be pulling back on new GHBs, likely due to the lack of profit from adding more free characters. There are still a lot of antagonists people want to get, but there's no reason they can't be added as banner characters. We've gotten Eldigan and Reinhardt as banner characters even though they aren't playable, after all.

So turns out I have a perfect nature Nino. +spd/-def. The only problem is that, I don't want to build her, due to how I consider her a waste of feathers. It doesn't help that a) I don't like her because of how much of how bad it was recruiting her in FE7 and b) I need those feathers to get BK and extra merge for arena purposes

Honestly, a perfect Nino is generally usable even at 4-star. You could just get her to 4-star level 40 and only pull her out in case of emergencies that she can handle but where you ran out of every other unit.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The BK is disgusting. Nino is sweet. The choice is obvious.

I know right? I go with Black Knight because disgusting things help you win, not sweet things. Sweet things are only for getting killed by the enemy.