Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Adults can fall victim to addictions, obviously, and business models that try to get you addicted and are only financially successful when they can manage just that are unethical.

I don't give much of a fuck for the "we're ultimately responsible for our actions" arguments. Some of us are vulnerable to these sort of tactics and I feel these people should be better protected. Shoving off the distress of people that gambled away all their savings because they're adults and they've "chosen to" is not something I'll do. 

Besides, I'm not talking about shutting down anything. Hell, I'm playing this game. I will continue to call it unethical though. I don't care how much spare money you have, if you spent thousands of dollars on Fire Emblem Heroes or any other gacha game, I'm going to consider you a victim. 

Edited by Vince777

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, XRay said:

You can say that about advertising too in that it manipulates people, but I think the business model is fine since it is still up to our choice to spend or not to spend. We have ultimate decision over our willingness to spend.

Such advertising is unethical. Especially when selling a harmful product.

Nobody chooses to go into bankruptcy over gambling debts, yet it still happens.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Unlike fashion and clothing where we are forced to spend, Heroes is totally optional. Gacha is a thousand times less evil than the fashion industry in my opinion.

You could always become a nudist. Or hunt animals for their fur.

32 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Weekly Revival's back!

They started it all over again, so at least 20 free summons is nice.

Now those units are the most accessible of all 5* units. A consistent schedule and the best rates of any regular banner.

10 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Now those units are the most accessible of all 5* units. A consistent schedule and the best rates of any regular banner.

That depends on if IS get convinced to continue rerunning it, which I'm not certain they would.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That depends on if IS get convinced to continue rerunning it, which I'm not certain they would.

Why not? It costs them nothing, they don't even need to make a new banner art.

11 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Why not? It costs them nothing, they don't even need to make a new banner art.

True.

I'm not saying the idea isn't crossing their minds, but it seemed like a 1-time thing when it was announced.

My only worry with the re-runs is if they might be reluctant to run book 1 revival banners alongside book 2 ones when the time eventually comes. Would they be generous enough to have two concurrent 4/2% banners running every week?

Edited by Humanoid

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

My only worry with the re-runs is if they might be reluctant to run book 1 revival banners alongside book 2 ones when the time eventually comes. Would they be generous enough to have two concurrent 4/2% banners running every week?

I think they might make a longer schedule instead of running it twice like now. 

This changes everything.

I'm regretting spending the 40-60 orbs I recently spent on Halloween Hector. I want him but my priorities have shifted. There's an OG Lyn banner in 3 weeks. I'm not spending anymore orbs until that time comes. I've got a +3 Lyn and this is probably the best chance I have at merges. A good 3 or 4 merges would be pretty stellar but for that I need orbs so I'm going to pass on this coming Legendary banner (not that I wasn't planning on already doing that) as well as Caineghis and Mareeta/Hilda (even though I want Flashing Blade 4 for Lyn, ironically enough).

Lyn is and has always been the unit I want to have as a *5 +10 above all. She is #1 priority and nothing comes before that.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Such advertising is unethical. Especially when selling a harmful product.

Nobody chooses to go into bankruptcy over gambling debts, yet it still happens.

That is on the person, not the business. Lots of people have fun gambling without going bankrupt.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

You could always become a nudist. Or hunt animals for their fur.

I do not want to be arrested. Nudity is not legal everywhere. I do not want to hunt animals.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I don't expect Book 2 revival banners. The only need for that would be if Book 2 units also get removed from the general summoning pool, which wasn't received well when it happened to the Book 1 units so I don't see a reason why they'd do it again.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't expect Book 2 revival banners. The only need for that would be if Book 2 units also get removed from the general summoning pool, which wasn't received well when it happened to the Book 1 units so I don't see a reason why they'd do it again.

I think mostly it wasn't received well because we thought we'd never really have a chance to get older units.  the revials are clearly a hit (hence why they are repeating them), so as far as i'm concerned they can yank away book 2, and have their revivals too. (this is literally the only chance i'd have to actually get Mariabelle and Lewyn stuff)

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I think mostly it wasn't received well because we thought we'd never really have a chance to get older units.  the revials are clearly a hit (hence why they are repeating them), so as far as i'm concerned they can yank away book 2, and have their revivals too. (this is literally the only chance i'd have to actually get Mariabelle and Lewyn stuff)

That's true. And after a couple of rounds of the Book 1 revivals, they could probably get away with spacing the Book 1 units out a bit more on future rotations since most people wanting to go for them will have already done so.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope this can be useful to someone here on SF:

Weekly-Revival-Schedule.jpg

I might go for Lute, but she's a ways off.

Just now, Othin said:

That's true. And after a couple of rounds of the Book 1 revivals, they could probably get away with spacing the Book 1 units out a bit more on future rotations since most people wanting to go for them will have already done so.

I might go for Lute, but she's a ways off.

like if it were me, i think what i'd do would be. not have it weekly...but give people a real chance to save (money, orbs, whatever). so it would be maybe having 2 banners (Year 1), 2 banners year 2) in a month  + the Heroes with X Skill, + New, + Legendary + Seasonal give or take. 

that's still a lot of temptation, and for those who wanna complete collections poof. that's it too. 

then of course for Golden Week/Anniversary/Six Month/XX Festival, in best claude voice "pull out all the stops!"

i was really prepared for these not to re-run so i made my +10 5* exclusive plans which involves Brave Camilla, Sothis etc, but if Elincia is coming back.... (same w/Hinoka). and i can stock upon some DC and CC fodder..

ooof. 

Nice that they actually did restart the weekly revival banners. I wasn't expecting that. Now I kinda wish I'd held back a bit when merging up Brave Ike last time he appeared on a banner, but it is what it is. xP

It's starting again. The Brave versions of FE7 lords are stalking me. Pulled a BE!Eliwood while going for a Linde merge, which in hindsight was not a wise decision but that's what happens when you're tired and not thinking straight. First it was BH!Lyn, then was AotB!Hector. Let's see how many copies of Eliwood I'll get.

I was always cautiously okay with the removal of the Book 1 units, and am glad to be vindicated. The removal of Book 2 units hopefully early next year might be my most anticipated future "known" FEH update because summoning on non-Legendary banners right now feels like such a deathtrap - blue especially.

Not that I don't understand other people's concerns of course. I know a lot of people lean more heavily on summoning their favourite characters and that I'm on the more pragmatic end of the scale, so I understand the annoyance. I look at all the units shown on that re-run calendar above and think to myself that of all of them, the only unit I really want for primary use is a good base for Elincia. There are a few other units that I wouldn't mind upgrading the bases of (Alm, Celica, Julia and CYLs Lyn and Roy mostly), but wouldn't spend any meaningful amount of orbs on them.

EDIT: Put together a list of book 2 general pool 5* exclusives for my own convenience. Reviewing that list and yeah, I wouldn't really miss many - I could probably count them on one hand.

Rhajat
Shiro
Siegbert
Micaiah
Zelgius
Horse Eirika
Myrrh
Evil Celica
Hardin
M Grima
Horse Chrom
F Morgan
Leif
Green Olwen
Swordhardt
Kinoka
F Kana
Ishtar
Lene
Karla
Peganino
Maribelle
Flylivia
Sumia
CYL Celica
CYL Ephraim
CYL Hector
CYL Veronica
Lewyn
Quan
Flora
Nina
Ophelia
Helbindi
Laegjarn
Laevatein
Kliff
Loki
Owain
Adrift Camilla
Adrift M Corrin
Adrift F Corrin
Mikoto
Surtr
Ylgr

Edited by Humanoid

Oh , good I have another shot to not get Celica next week.  I am being sarcastic, but I really hope she will actually come home this time.  I am still missing several year one 5*s, but the only two I want are Celica and Tana.  I hope I can snag some Hectors for DC fodder, though since it is currently my most needed fodder.

13 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Oh , good I have another shot to not get Celica next week.  I am being sarcastic, but I really hope she will actually come home this time.  I am still missing several year one 5*s, but the only two I want are Celica and Tana.  I hope I can snag some Hectors for DC fodder, though since it is currently my most needed fodder.

*fingers crossed* that you get Celica. she's so much fun. 
I know what you mean. I grabbed a few and even got a random hector going for someone else, and i'm already all out.