• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What can I say, I often get a visual sort of idea of people, and it sticks.

I used to be a cat in a fancy suit.

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

@Arcanite Although Pope Priscilla is also pretty awesome.

Word!

Edited by Vaximillian

@Rezzy@MrSmokestack

I did not run RTBreaker because it is usually the units around Celica that is more of a threat. Once Savage Blow knocks out her Ragnarok, my units can tank her attacks for one turn, or two if necessary.

End of turn 1:

Spoiler

1BdQe32.png

Start of turn 2:

Spoiler

0xiRxqf.png

This enemy unit composition is not the greatest example of why I chose Lancebreaker, but I remember needing him to have more coverage against some of her minions in other runs.

While we're talking about Chain Challenge, I just got done with Lunatic 7+8 and Lunatic 10 for it. Now all I have left for Lunatic is 9+10 and considering how much grief 7+8 gave me, can't say I'm looking forward to trying it seriously Lunatic 7+8 can go screw itself. I have yet to do any Chain Challenges on Normal or Hard since I'm a greedy mofo I would rather go for the orbs first over the feathers Normal and Hard give.

Teams Used if anyone cares

Spoiler

A Team

Ryoma (+SPD, -DEF): Raijinto, Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3 (used for 7+8) / 5* Xander: Siegfried, Swap, Bonfire, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Spur Def 3 (used for 10)
5* Camus: Gradivus, Swap, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2, Goad Cavalry
5* Soren (+RES, -HP): Rexcalibur+, Draw Back, Iceberg, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3, Breath of Life 1
Bride!Lyn (+ATK, -DEF): Candlelight, Rehabilitate, Swift-Winds Balm, HP +4, Dazzling Staff 3, Fortify Res 3

B Team (only needed for 7+8)

5* Eirika (+ATK, -RES): Sieglinde, Rally Defense, Moonbow, Speed +3, Drag Back, Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res 1
5* Nino (+ATK, -RES): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3
5* Klein, +1 (+ATK, -RES): Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Threaten Def 3, Attack +1
5* Lachesis (+HP, -SPD): Slow, Rehabilitate, Solid-Earth Balm, Spur Res 3, Spur Def 1

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I miss him :(

Where did you go~

3 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

@Arcanite Although Pope Priscilla is also pretty awesome.

Sure.....

Tomorrow it's going to get REALLY crazy though heh

My avatar represents me perfect. All the rage and aggression I lack the courage to express on or offline. Plus among cute anime avatars mine is cream of the crop.

I've done one Normal and one Lunatic Chain Challenge to get a feel for the mode. When I figured out how great the mode is for grinding, I spent all my time doing that before TT started. I'm not hungry for feathers, or orbs. So it's nice to have some activity to work on when a surprise banner shows up, rather than just sit and despair like I normally do when out of orbs.

Y'all need to play the Trails series to truly understand the greatness that is my avatar! :P:

Chain Challenge is useful, if I'm just short on orbs for a pull.  Yes, it guzzles my stamina, but I have 80-something stamina potions.  I can afford to burn a few!

Y'all need to play the Trails series to truly understand the greatness that is my avatar! :P:

Chain Challenge is useful, if I'm just short on orbs for a pull.  Yes, it guzzles my stamina, but I have 80-something stamina potions.  I can afford to burn a few!

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Am I the only one who's hardly done any of the Chain Challenge Courses yet?  I'd like to get all the Tempest Orbs this time, and Tempest is thirsty for Stamina.

Before Tempest Trials started I cleared out 1-2 Normal, then transitioned over to Hard so I could earn feathers more effectively. On Hard difficulty, I have the main story cleared save for the last one (Chapters 9 & 10), but I have not started on the Paralogues yet.

As for Lunatic, while I would like the Orbs, I don't think I have enough teams suitable for Chain Challenge. Alternatively, I could just manage with what I have, but Tempest Trials is currently going on and that is where a good amount of my stamina goes...

I'll worry about chain challenge when I'm finished with tempest, since the latter is a timed event. However, I might go for some feathers on normal and hard modes, if I want to do some promotions a bit faster.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But, you still are.  Are you saying you're not actually a Siberian Cat?

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Rezzy@MrSmokestack

I did not run RTBreaker because it is usually the units around Celica that is more of a threat. Once Savage Blow knocks out her Ragnarok, my units can tank her attacks for one turn, or two if necessary.

End of turn 1:

Reveal hidden contents

1BdQe32.png

Start of turn 2:

Reveal hidden contents

0xiRxqf.png

This enemy unit composition is not the greatest example of why I chose Lancebreaker, but I remember needing him to have more coverage against some of her minions in other runs.

I find being proactive in getting Celica killed on the first round really makes that map easier.  On that top right defensive square, only Celica can reach you.  If you're running a Dancer particularly, you can bounce around sniping the units as they come to you.  I might lose a unit or two, but if I have my full team going into the last map, I can win 95% of the time, if I take out Celica with Reinhardt.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I find being proactive in getting Celica killed on the first round really makes that map easier.  On that top right defensive square, only Celica can reach you.  If you're running a Dancer particularly, you can bounce around sniping the units as they come to you.  I might lose a unit or two, but if I have my full team going into the last map, I can win 95% of the time, if I take out Celica with Reinhardt.

I prefer to take out her minions first since Reinhardt sometimes cannot kill her without taking some damage if she has full HP. I prefer Reinhardt to still have full HP after engaging her just in case. She is not a huge threat after Ragnarok is down since she cannot double my Cordelia and both Reinhardt and Azura can shrug off her attacks when they are on defense tiles.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Argh, my cover’s been blown up! Time to cough up that fur ball.

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What if I don't wanna? 

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think using stamina for chain chomp is a bit of a waste, but I also have a BOATLOAD of stamina potions anyway

I'm stockpiling orbs right now so I'm in no desperate need. At least I know I have some orbs to use in case of emergency!

39 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Mind pointing me a bit more specifically? I'm not exactly in a position to play it, but I'm willing to learn.

Anyway, now that I've beaten Echoes, I think Florina's been knocked out of second-best pegasus. Whoever wrote Clair's dialogue needs a raise.

35 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I want to play it but they're all on either Vita, PS3, or PC. The former two I don't have and my laptop sucks at running games. :( At least I think Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming to PS4 so I can play that one.

I burned a couple stamina potions across the last few days and I've finished all the lunatic Chain Challenges. I gotta say the final Prologue one and the final story ones were both frustrating at first and took a few tries. The Paralogue one was actually the hardest. That very first map I just couldn't find a way to lure either Roderick or Luke and not end up with somebody dead, which kept leaving me off on the wrong foot to clear all the rest with only 2 teams available. I managed to pull it off with some very careful horse team play while NOT abusing buffs so Luke and the archer wouldn't fuck up Xander first turn.

The final story one was a pain since the first time I cleared all the way to the final map while on my last team and COMPLETELY forgot that Ike's final map had a fucking turn limit that would auto fail you. Yeah I was mad. But fully beat it 2 tries later thankfully by bringing my healer Alm instead of a regular healer, and that worked out really well.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Mind pointing me a bit more specifically? I'm not exactly in a position to play it, but I'm willing to learn.

Anyway, now that I've beaten Echoes, I think Florina's been knocked out of second-best pegasus. Whoever wrote Clair's dialogue needs a raise.

Who's best Pegasus? Why is it Cordelia?

Also, everyone's switching up their avatars? I gotta do it too...

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Who's best Pegasus? Why is it Cordelia?

Who is Cordelia, and why should I care about her?

Best pegasus is one of Tana and Clair, with second best being the other one. Of course, since Magvel is shunned in both Cipher and Heroes, I don't have to worry about picking between them yet.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Who is Cordelia, and why should I care about her?

Best pegasus is one of Tana and Clair, with second best being the other one. Of course, since Magvel is shunned in both Cipher and Heroes, I don't have to worry about picking between them yet.

Cordelia is perfection. It says so on the tin.

I'd pick Tana every day of the week between those two tbh.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

And that’s where you are absolutely and hilariously wrong.

Sharena tells Celica things. Celica tells me all the things. Kagerou picks up and draws stray cats.

10 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I actually agree with Satsuma, Tana > Clair.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sharena tells Celica things. Celica tells me all the things. Kagerou picks up and draws stray cats.

That’s too cute. Isn’t Kagero supposed to be a skilled artist though? (I still need to get a 3DS and play the games)

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I actually agree with Satsuma, Tana > Clair.

That’s too cute. Isn’t Kagero supposed to be a skilled artist though? (I still need to get a 3DS and play the games)

We have good taste.

Kagerou has a very strange sense of aesthetic. She likes her drawings but everyone else says they're beyond comprehension lol. She's the pioneer of aesthetic.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Cordelia is perfection. It says so on the tin.

I'd pick Tana every day of the week between those two tbh.

This reminds me of myself drawing for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This reminds me of myself drawing for some reason.

Speaking of you drawing, are there other bespectacled characters in FE except Miriel, Laurent, and Yukimura?
(Canas and Etzel wear monocles and thus count half. They score double for style though.)