Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I’ve been wondering if the ‘random bonus units’ from rotation are really random or are always the same every X time. If that’s the case, which Raven mages are on the rotation? Maybe Cecilia, M!Robin or Sophia?

Two of the bonus units rotate among the free Hero Battle units you can get. Cecilia and Sophia are on that list.

Sophia also doesn't have Raudhrraven by default. Henry does.

Yes, I know, I have a 4* Henry waiting to be upgraded to give his tome to Sophia. 

I want to make a Flier Core for Arena (Elincia/Michalis/Hinoka), but I need to think about B!Lyn counters, that’s why I asked about Raven mages. Any other bonus unit who could help?

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Two of the bonus units rotate among the free Hero Battle units you can get. Cecilia and Sophia are on that list.

Sophia also doesn't have Raudhrraven by default. Henry does.

Next you'll tell me that Reinhardt doesn't have Death Blow in his native skill set.

I had to do some fishing, but a score of 4956.  That's rank 3657/4814 to stay in Tier 20.  Hopefully that keeps me in.  I don't have any Blessings.

Are these Arena quests going to renew or are they just one and done?  They are nice, if they renew, but if this is all we're getting, it's a bit underwhelming.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Next you'll tell me that Reinhardt doesn't have Death Blow in his native skill set.

I had to do some fishing, but a score of 4956.  That's rank 3657/4814 to stay in Tier 20.  Hopefully that keeps me in.  I don't have any Blessings.

Are these Arena quests going to renew or are they just one and done?  They are nice, if they renew, but if this is all we're getting, it's a bit underwhelming.

I got 4,954 last week, and that was sufficient with a reasonable margin, so chances are pretty good for you, I would say. As for the Arena quests, they're like the old quests, where the next difficulty was unlocked as soon as you finished all of the ones on the current difficulty. So I doubt they're going to renew, but at least it's 3 sets.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Yes, I know, I have a 4* Henry waiting to be upgraded to give his tome to Sophia. 

I want to make a Flier Core for Arena (Elincia/Michalis/Hinoka), but I need to think about B!Lyn counters, that’s why I asked about Raven mages. Any other bonus unit who could help?

Subaki/Wrys/Alfonse

Donnel/Olivia/Sharena

Stahl/Lissa/Anna

Sophia/Gunter/Alfonse

Virion/Cecilia/Sharena

Hana/Felicia/Anna

Next season will be Donnel/Olivia.

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Subaki/Wrys/Alfonse

Donnel/Olivia/Sharena

Stahl/Lissa/Anna

Sophia/Gunter/Alfonse

Virion/Cecilia/Sharena

Hana/Felicia/Anna

I should get around to 5*ing Gunter.  It will let me run Horse Emblem another week.  Too bad his BST is horrible.

4 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Subaki/Wrys/Alfonse

Donnel/Olivia/Sharena

Stahl/Lissa/Anna

Sophia/Gunter/Alfonse

Virion/Cecilia/Sharena

Hana/Felicia/Anna

I knew the Askir trio and the hero battle units would rotate, but I didn't know they would group in these six shifts. My Anna, Hana, Cecilia, Sophia (build yet to finish), Sharena and Olivia are decent enough to bring them. But in the Subaki/Wrys week I would have to bring Alfonse. 

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I knew the Askir trio and the hero battle units would rotate, but I didn't know they would group in these six shifts. My Anna, Hana, Cecilia, Sophia (build yet to finish), Sharena and Olivia are decent enough to bring them. But in the Subaki/Wrys week I would have to bring Alfonse. 

Ditto. That week sucks.

Olivia and Sophia are my free substitutions. Hana, too, but right now, I think Anna has more scoring points.

15 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Subaki/Wrys/Alfonse

Donnel/Olivia/Sharena

Stahl/Lissa/Anna

Sophia/Gunter/Alfonse

Virion/Cecilia/Sharena

Hana/Felicia/Anna

Sharena is actually the member of the trio I have the absolute least SI on (or rather, least skill points), so she always held my points back more than Alfonse (has the most points since I did him last) and Anna (only really missing level 3 A-slot skill).  I knew I'd be able to use Olivia over her next season, but seeing that I'll be able to use Cecilia over her on the next loop is a pleasant surprise.

Actually, if these are always the couplings, I don't even need to bother giving Sharena anything further as I'd always be able to use Olivia or Cecilia in her place.

8 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I wonder if Fjorm will be a bonus unit next week.  That would be cool since I think she's pretty good points-wise, right?

It wouldn't surprise me if she is, but at the same time she might be considered an "off" unit like Ayra and not get a bonus any time soon.  Especially if they're trying to use her to get people to vary their high tier teams more.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yay, I actually have defence wins this week! Three already, actually. I’m sorry, whoever were the unlucky ones to meet my horses.

Congratulations, I also got mine. Someone didn't like my red spam:

Spoiler

5a21bd6550354_Screenshot_20171201-21350801.png.5a159ec7ca8c487b25ce44de7cfe4ace.png

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yay, I actually have defence wins this week! Three already, actually. I’m sorry, whoever were the unlucky ones to meet my horses.

Congrats! If I may ask how many merges do your horses have? Every time I try to use them I get 0 defense wins (probably due to their low BST).

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Congrats! If I may ask how many merges do your horses have? Every time I try to use them I get 0 defense wins (probably due to their low BST).

Xander, Ursula, and Lyn have none, Reinhardt is +2. I haven’t merged my Reinhardts until this Tuesday, and I got no defence wins last week.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Xander, Ursula, and Lyn have none, Reinhardt is +2. I haven’t merged my Reinhardts until this Tuesday, and I got no defence wins last week.

Interesting. I suppose I can make my team Sigurd, Cecilia, Lyn and bonus. Cecilia is at 4*+7 which should score around a 5*+1 probably.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for when I feel evil and want to throw Horse Emblem in the arena. For now Bike, Tana and BK are doing good enough Atk Smoke OP

I think Big Alf's weighing my defense team down. No defenses still with him, and I have no other good bonus units this season. My armor team + bonus has been doing good for a quite a while, but looks like a bad week's finally hit.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

If they have low BST and few merges, they will get matchups in a lower score range. But it shouldn't be the reason why you don't get a win in this week or another week. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If they have low BST and few merges, they will get matchups in a lower score range. But it shouldn't be the reason why you don't get a win in this week or another week. 

Well, there's also the pride that many have of not giving Horse Emblem users a win. I've heard a lot of people fighting horses until they win or get crushed out of spite against horses. I've done so myself in the past.

In any case I'm only thinking about it just for the fun of it. To be honest my actual core+Lute gave me around 15+ defense wins this week and about 8 last week, at worst I get 2 but that only happens during map rotations that heavily favor the player instead of the AI.

@Arcanite @Anacybele @Vaximillian @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy @Infinite Dreams @Anime27Arts @Natalie @Glaceon Mage @Sophie @DefaultBeep @Rex Glacies

Guys, I have a fan.  I don't know if I should be flattered or concerned.  And their team is very similar to mine.  I might have a stalker.

1yey8fX.png?1

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

@Arcanite @Anacybele @Vaximillian @MrSmokestack @SatsumaFSoysoy @Infinite Dreams @Anime27Arts @Natalie @Glaceon Mage @Sophie @DefaultBeep @Rex Glacies

Guys, I have a fan.  I don't know if I should be flattered or concerned.  And their team is very similar to mine.  I might have a stalker.

1yey8fX.png?1

...That's kinda amusing, actually.

I'd say laugh, then move on like nothing ever happened!

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

*snip^

There's only one way to find out. Did you check to see if anyone on their team was -Atk?

Curse you @SatsumaFSoysoy! And such a specific thing to ninja, too!

Edited by DefaultBeep