Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

I'm sitting on so many. I've slipped down one rank, since I refuse to use my flags without the multiplier (and will burn them against a battle where Leo appears to be struggling), but I was in the top tier for so long. I think I'll stick in the second tier, at least. I missed nearly all of Team Leo's multipliers due to the whole work thing :(

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, komasa said:

Interesting, The top player on Henry has 505,930 points. Wonder what the actual flag expenditure is like between the top players on both sides. 

On team Merric, all the 50 top players are well over 500'000 points. I guess that some people are really fighting for the character they like, feathers be damned.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I mean, it's honestly supposed to be a popularity contest first and foremost anyway, at least.

It's a popularity contest, but not only that. It's also a game, and a feather giveaway. A popularity contest could be achieved by casting a vote, which would require 10 seconds of our time at most. Personally, I like that this event can be many thing to many people. People genuinely rooting for a character can rejoice or despair, and have a thrilling during a few days. Cold and heartless beancounters can rub their hands at the prospect of gaming the system and flling their pockets. All in all, everyone is having a blast.

14 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm sitting on so many. I've slipped down one rank, since I refuse to use my flags without the multiplier (and will burn them against a battle where Leo appears to be struggling), but I was in the top tier for so long. I think I'll stick in the second tier, at least. I missed nearly all of Team Leo's multipliers due to the whole work thing :(

Yeah, I'm also refusing to use any flags unless we have the multiplier but at this point I don't think we're ever going to get it again in this round. I was able to dump 400 flags when Leo had the multiplier at one point yesterday but those have been the only flags I've spent so far for a score of 124,100 (#2,851).

As one of the people with over 500k score (501,710 to be exact), that's all flags including the free ones, during multiplier hours, as well as some flagless scores both on and off the bonus hours.the people up at 505k are likely going to great pains to make sure they get in 2 battles every hour as well. As a reference point, my score gets me to 381 for Merric and 455 globally, so there are a decent amount of people who've broke 500k at this point, and most seem to be from Merric

Edited by Tarilaan

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

:(

Now I feel guilty for changing my profile picture again

Did you guys secretly band together to purposely guilt trip me? Caws it's totally working

I'm only saving my flags for the finals to defeat the wicked witch of the bust Tharja.

Don't feel bad.  We are currently Just on opposite sides.   It is just Leo and Chrom vs Ephraim again. 

Spoiler

Except I'm on the winning side right now. 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I'm also refusing to use any flags unless we have the multiplier but at this point I don't think we're ever going to get it again in this round. I was able to dump 400 flags when Leo had the multiplier at one point yesterday but those have been the only flags I've spent so far for a score of 124,100 (#2,851).

I'm not sure how many I spent, but I'm currently #1,206. I think having Leo as my main person helped, though :D 

I don't mind him not getting it this round, though, since I want him to win and I don't want any other multipliers, for us or Henry lol. My biggest debate is whether to save for the final battle or not, since it would be nice if we could beat Tharja... though I doubt that's likely. 

1 minute ago, komasa said:

What about the top players for teams Robin and Thraja? How's the high scores with less x3 points on their sides. 

Last I knew, It was right around 260,000 for Robin. Which is a little more than half of some other teams.

2 minutes ago, chirp said:

It's a popularity contest, but not only that. It's also a game, and a feather giveaway. A popularity contest could be achieved by casting a vote, which would require 10 seconds of our time at most. Personally, I like that this event can be many thing to many people. People genuinely rooting for a character can rejoice or despair, and have a thrilling during a few days. Cold and heartless beancounters can rub their hands at the prospect of gaming the system and flling their pockets. All in all, everyone is having a blast.

I like that I am able to abuse the new system and benefit from it. But I still hate the 3x bonus. It's not about how much support a character gets anymore, it's now about when they get that support.

Team Sanaki is about 2/3 to 3/4 the size of Team Julia but we have a really good chance to win this round.

1 minute ago, Tarilaan said:

As one of the people with over 500k score (501,710 to be exact), that's all flags including the free ones, during multiplier hours, as well as some flagless scores both on and off the bonus hours.the people up at 505k are likely going to great pains to make sure they get in 2 battles every hour as well. My score gets me to 381 for Merric and 455 globally, so there are a decent amount of people who've broke 500k at this point, and most seem to be from Merric

Yeah, the top scores do not miss a single battle. They either don't sleep for 45 hours or they have someone to cover for them.

1 minute ago, Tarilaan said:

As one of the people with over 500k score (501,710 to be exact), that's all flags including the free ones, during multiplier hours, as well as some flagless scores both on and off the bonus hours.the people up at 505k are likely going to great pains to make sure they get in 2 battles every hour as well. My score gets me to 381 for Merric and 455 globally, so there are a decent amount of people who've broke 500k at this point, and most seem to be from Merric

Looking at the top ranks in team Sanaki at the moment shows that only 7 players have broken 500k so far, though many are close.  Were there a lot of moments to use the 3x boost in team Merric?

1 minute ago, KatarinaCS1 said:

Looking at the top ranks in team Sanaki at the moment shows that only 7 players have broken 500k so far, though many are close.  Were there a lot of moments to use the 3x boost in team Merric?

Yeah, Merric has had the most 3x bonus of anyone. He was definitely the least popular character in the gauntlet by far.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Okay, gotta figure something out...

@Rezzy @Anime27Arts @Namarid @Glaceon Mage @SniperGYS 

Who's Oboro was that? She just ORKO'd a Hector....

Not me, I'm using Ursula, but she's also able to KO Hector, under the right conditions.

I'm not sure if we're Heroes friends or not.  My code is 9224438060 if you want my Ursula.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Not me, I'm using Ursula, but she's also able to KO Hector, under the right conditions.

I'm not sure if we're Heroes friends or not.  My code is 9224438060 if you want my Ursula.

Fair enough. And sent.

3 minutes ago, KatarinaCS1 said:

The bonus still happens every other hour for Merric, as far as I've been noticing. 

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Fair enough. And sent.

Thanks, what is your avatar name, so I can know who to add?

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Bree. Takumi is my lead. 

Thanks, accepted, may Ursula serve you well.

56 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Going for the underdog was already beneficial feather-wise. I still think the 3x multiplier should only count within your current team, not the global ranking. Making it harder for people on a team that stays winning to rank well in comparison seems kind of lame. I don't think encouraging people to try and game the system for points is any better than people bandwagoning the most popular team, as people complained about before. I mean, it's honestly supposed to be a popularity contest first and foremost anyway, at least.

It may have had benefits, but apparently not enough to keep a lot of the battles from becoming very imbalanced. More incentive to go for underdogs should lead to more close matches, which keeps things more interesting.

26 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

As one of the people with over 500k score (501,710 to be exact), that's all flags including the free ones, during multiplier hours, as well as some flagless scores both on and off the bonus hours.the people up at 505k are likely going to great pains to make sure they get in 2 battles every hour as well. As a reference point, my score gets me to 381 for Merric and 455 globally, so there are a decent amount of people who've broke 500k at this point, and most seem to be from Merric

I just broke 400k (400,140 exactly), which puts me at 2,191 in army, and 3,976 overall, so over half of the people with over 400k points are from team Merric.

18 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Yeah, Merric has had the most 3x bonus of anyone. He was definitely the least popular character in the gauntlet by far.

Looking at hourly gains for non-multiplier hours, Merric and Henry are roughly equivalent in popularity. Henry's gains range from about 8.5 to 19.5 million, while Merric's range from about 12 to 17 million. The reason Merric is getting way more multiplier hours is because Robin is significantly more popular than Leo, with Robin regularly pulling in 90 million hourly votes, while Leo gets only about 40 million.

It seems that Team Merric has largely spent most of the flags they're going to, as his hourly gains have been steadily decreasing despite remaining on the multiplier. He was getting about 110 - 120 million on multiplier hours, but he got ~50 for the last hour, ~60 the hour before, and ~70 the previous one.

14 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I just broke 400k (400,140 exactly), which puts me at 2,191 in army, and 3,976 overall, so over half of the people with over 400k points are from team Merric.

Looking at hourly gains for non-multiplier hours, Merric and Henry are roughly equivalent in popularity. Henry's gains range from about 8.5 to 19.5 million, while Merric's range from about 12 to 17 million. The reason Merric is getting way more multiplier hours is because Robin is significantly more popular than Leo, with Robin regularly pulling in 90 million hourly votes, while Leo gets only about 40 million.

It seems that Team Merric has largely spent most of the flags they're going to, as his hourly gains have been steadily decreasing despite remaining on the multiplier. He was getting about 110 - 120 million on multiplier hours, but he got ~50 for the last hour, ~60 the hour before, and ~70 the previous one.

I think that's about right. Speaking for myself, I admittedly wasn't the smartest about using my flags and probably should have saved more of them for when the 3x multiplier was active haha. it's certainly an interesting feature....

Welp. Here's hoping I can remain in the top 5k of scorers for those 2100 feathers Dx