• Hardin, Dark Emperor
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight
    • Arvis, Emperor of Flame
    • Ephraim, Legendary Lord
    • Lyon, Shadow Prince
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend
    • Zelgius, Jet-Black General

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/08/2018 at 04:11 AM

Kinda sad Marth is gonna lose this, but I think I may join Hardin anyways.  Posts in this thread have changed my opinion of him and I'd be down to see him get an alt with his original cavalier version.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Team Lyon! Prove once and for all that you were better than your love rival Ephraim!

44 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, in RD he makes it clear that he's not going to go easy on his former friends from Daein just because they fought together once. Ike seems to be a protagonist who looks at the path ahead of him and doesn't seem to get swayed by sentimentality. A person who is willing to do what's right, no matter what the cost, even if it puts him against people whom he loves.

In a way, that might be why RD!Ike feels so boring compared to PoR!Ike. RD!Ike doesn't really have much of a character arc left. He's not Marth or the Renais twins, who has to come to terms with the fact that he has to fight against a beloved friend who is doing something that threatens the world. Ike seems to already realize that sentimentality can't stop you from saving the world. That's my interpretation, at least.

I think it's fine that Ike doesn't have as much a character arc within Radiant Dawn. The fact that he has such strong convictions is proof that Path of Radiance was effective in telling his story. If anything, Ike should have received less attention so Micaiah (or other main characters, like Elincia) can develop more.

I don't know who to join after Marth goes down. I have everyone else but Hardin, so I might literally flip some coins between the other 3. I know nothing about Lyon but at least I can use his lvl 1 4* to cheese the matches.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I don't know who to join after Marth goes down. I have everyone else but Hardin, so I might literally flip some coins between the other 3. I know nothing about Lyon but at least I can use his lvl 1 4* to cheese the matches.

Even if you don't know anything about Lyon, he's practically guaranteed to net you the most feathers in round 2 considering he'll likely be going against Ike :P

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think it's fine that Ike doesn't have as much a character arc within Radiant Dawn. The fact that he has such strong convictions is proof that Path of Radiance was effective in telling his story. If anything, Ike should have received less attention so Micaiah (or other main characters, like Elincia) can develop more.

Agreed. I would've preferred if RD!Ike showed up sometime in part 4 instead of being the Greil Mercenaries' main lord. He could've left the mercenary base chasing rumors of the Black Knight, and only come back after Ashera turns everything to stone, and Mist could've taken his place as a lord along with Micaiah.

I think Ike vs Zelgius have the less tone of salt because some people love both them so they can go any. 

As for me, I like them both so it won't hurt much for me.

Edited by Ginko

21 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Woah wait a minute, Hardin is developed wonderfully especially since he is such an important character in the first game Shadow Dragon.  His fall and descent is one of the great tragedies in the entire franchise.   I mean other than Arvis I don't know if there is a better developed villain in the series.  

Anyways I guess I spoke too soon as it looks like Hardin will win something for once.  Speaking of Marth considering he should have been 2nd place male instead of Ephraim he better get a CYL version.  

I said one of the least. Didn't say he was the least developed villain. I would argue that his development was not that well received because for one thing, we never got any form of development on Hardin's friendship with Marth, which is acted like a big deal because Hardin's betrayal is supposedly very painful for Marth. His descent into madness was tragic, but it just wasn't that well done. Even the love for Nyna was a bit meh because Hardin only got like a few lines of dialogue to Nyna and overall.

The sad thing is that it could have been very well done had the writers really taken advantage of the better tech they had with the DS, since it's far superior to the NES. So to have not gone for it is a bit upsetting. 

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Even if you don't know anything about Lyon, he's practically guaranteed to net you the most feathers in round 2 considering he'll likely be going against Ike :P

From my experience, the victory feathers usually seem to make up for the lower cumulative score rank. I feel like choosing the less popular teams to feather merc doesn't seem to matter that much unless you can pull off an upset too.

Welp, looks like Marth is out so I guess I will move over to Sigurd's team for round 2 since I actually have him sitting in my barracks somewhere. At least my rank will be pretty good since I did spend most of my flags on the last three multipliers Marth had so I should be in the top 1000.

I most only gotten @Alkaid's Camilla and @Astellius's Est. Both of their units ripped through everything in the way. I have also seen @Tactician_Iris's F!Corrin a few times but I have only seen @LordFrigid's Bridal Caeda once at the beginning. Man, seeing all of their +10 units makes me hope I can get a unit up to +10 someday myself.

Whenever I do an autobattle with my level 1 Marth, what generally happens on the first turn is that he pivots himself into range of all three enemies then promptly dies. I think that's an apt analogy of what Team Marth has done with the multipliers this round.

To be confirmed, but I'm most likely going with Lyon for the feathers, I really need to catch up on cumulative rank as I exit round one with 1110 flags remaining, having spent just 400. I don't like Lyon but I won't let that little issue get in my way. :P (Personally I like villains who are villanous under their own steam, none of these mentally weak villains who get possessed - that's just pathetic and pitiable)

@NSSKG151 Glad she was helpful!

I think I got @Jingle Jangle's Camilla and a Titania from a non-Serenes friend most often. Also, hi to @Tactician_Iris for being one of my rank neighbors.

HzPGd1E.jpg

I thought, "Is that really her, with a +6 FGrima?" and yes indeed it was. I didn't see you had that Grima up before, and now I'm jealous of those merges.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Are you on Team Zelgius? I keep on getting your unit despite thinking your on Team Ike.

Actually Yes, I am team Zelgius. I'm jumping to Ike now as Zel is pretty much done. 

It's kind of funny how everything turned out today. First Lyon and Eirika finally reached S-rank and now Lyon beats Ephraim, my Lyon must be ecstatic right now. GG Team Ephraim, it was a fun, close match, hopefully some of you guys will fight alongside us in Round 2!

Also hi @Alexmender whose just a little below me in rankings. Forgot how to attach pics though so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am surprised Lyon is going to round 2 and sad because it will be against Ike which means Lyon will probably be curb stomped.  I ended up getting @SageOfAnys's Catria and @Rafiel's Aria's Leon for most of my matches today and they both did their fair share of the fighting.

Oof. We lost, and so did Marth. So much for settling the CYL2 fiasco once and for all.

Anyways, I'm still supporting Magvel so team Lyon it is

Edited by Korath88