New Heroes - The Chosen Ones (Archanea Banner)

NoirCore

I think Bantu might have veteran BST cause I don't think they would demote him so easily if he didn't. Even if that's the case, he'll still likely have pretty high BST compared to gen 1 units, so I'm looking forward to building him.

Astram is also really cool, hope he's an infantry sword unit with the Miracle Sword / Mercurius.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Archanea finally makes its return. I'm actually surprised how reasonable the new units look, especially compared to the dancer-powercreep fest we just got. Kind of interesting that when IS finally introduces the Rapier they do it with Phina instead of one of the dozen sword-lords who start with it. Here's hoping that Astram gets Mercurius.

As for actually pulling, I don't think I will. For one thing I need to keep saving for the dancer banner and L!Julia's return. In addition the unit I really want, Norne, is so obviously the demote that I don't see a point in pulling for her at 5* when I have so many feathers sitting around. Still nice to see her even if she's clearly the loser in the banner.

Bantu is a pleasant surprise, especially since we haven't seen this method of character introduction since Kaze. IS could probably earn quite a bit of goodwill if they made this a regular thing, introducing less popular characters directly into the 3*/4* pool to both add variety and throw fans of said characters a bone without using up spots on banners.

21 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

I think Bantu might have veteran BST cause I don't think they would demote him so easily if he didn't. Even if that's the case, he'll still likely have pretty high BST compared to gen 1 units, so I'm looking forward to building him.

Astram is also really cool, hope he's an infantry sword unit with the Miracle Sword / Mercurius.

They kinda did the same with Kaze so I dunno if they're gonna penalize him that hard for being immediately added to the pool. Either way, even if he gets veteran BST, by gen 4 standards he'd still be gen 3 (edit: gen 2).

Bantu apparently has 37 atk without his weapon. We don't know if that's his atk with skills or not. Let's play it safe and assume it's fierce stance or some form of it like sturdy stance or a bond. At minimum he'd have 31 atk.

I kinda have more hope for Astram compared to Rutger just because he has a prf.

Edited by redlight

Nagi is seems amazing for a super tank, although her movement is shit though.

She counters BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Ophelia, and walls Firesweep.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Another Sword Infantry Dancer. 
Must. Get. 

You read my mind.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Can we talk about how insultingly bad Sable Lance is

Not sure if that is sarcasm, but Sable Lance is pretty decent.

The only advantage Slaying Lance has over Sable Lance is HP+5.

41 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Kind of interesting that when IS finally introduces the Rapier they do it with Phina instead of one of the dozen sword-lords who start with it.

I believe it’s because Phina has a Rapier when she joins, and is the only non-Marth unit that can use it.

My preference for the banner will be red > green. I’ll hope to get a demoted Norne at some point, and Sable Lance is pretty much “free unit in 2018” tier.

Ooh, these units look pretty! I love Mayo’s art, and I love that these newer VAs getting some cool roles! Overall, though, I don’t really plan on trying for any of these units. My tickets and free pull might end up going to Nagi or Sirius. I love my male heroes, but Nagi looks crazy good!! 

The GHB may be tempting to me, depending on his art.

I hope Norne gets demoted, as per her demotee spot. I don’t really care for Bantu’s art at all, so I am not too excited for him. I DO, however, appreciate the straight addition of a 4*. I hope they continue this trend—a sixth Hero per banner, but already a demote!

Other than that, my orbs are safe for Ephraim, Innes and the Halloween boys (plus Mia!).

I'm using my tickets on green bcs DC. Feeling iffy on Nagi because armored and dragon weakness. Archers and daggers do a better job in AR. In fact, Norne with gen 4 BST could be really fucking good. Assuming that Nephenee's BST goes along with dancers' BST being around 2 bins lower she should have something around Myrrh's BST

Tickets go on Green and Blue. If I might get one Nagi or Sirius I might be more than happy. Both are so cool. I just don't have the ressources now to pull and need to save up further. Its better to wait for a 3 hero banner with one of them anyway for pulling. 

Edited by Stroud

Regarding the people complaining about Captcha issues earlier, there was an announcement about it...

Probably going for one last pity-break on dancers before transitioning over to this. Another Repo source in 3-4* (medium-term) is welcome, as is either the brazen or link Norne will take down with her. I'd like any of them, I won't die if I miss any of them.

Ironic how the top comments on the artwork batch topic on reddit are all about Bantu and not about how beautiful Nagi is (which she is BTW). Nonethess Bantu looks godly. A lot of the artwork from launch made by the same artists look a bit rough probably since they were rushed or something. Now that there wasn't anything to hinder him, the artist behind FF and Vampire Hunter D presents a beautiful piece of work and will forever be a god.

Oh. Also, he appears as a 4* unit in the trailer so his stats are a bit higher than they appear as in the trailer. 42 HP and at minimum 31 Atk at 4* rarity. He might just be a powercrept A!Tiki if he gets nice BST. Kinda ironic considering he was garbo in SD.

If Bantu really is a powercrept Tiki then I know who will get my WS4 or fort def/res

Edited by redlight

>Not how I thought we'd be getting the Rapier, but... yeah makes sense. Phina looks kinda average as far as dancers go, otherwise.

>Sirius looks promising, if kinda basic.

>Wow, Norne is such an obvious demote I can't make a joke about it. But hey, Guard Bow is finally directly inheritable.

>Sol's a bit of an odd choice, but Nagi otherwise looks strong. She could even be is a direct counter to Ophelia, who not even uber-tank B!Ike can handle all that well...

>...why show us nothing of Bantu besides "he exists"???

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh, a skip banner for me.

Curious for Bantu. Is he a GHB candidate? 

Kaze situation, but more obvious as to what IS has plans for him.

Astram is the GHB. He should get a prf called Mercurius. Infantry sword

Years of voting for Phina in CYL have paid off. Time to do some levels and get some orbs! I must have one of my favorite units in the series. I like how she has Rapier, since she's the only non-Marth unit that can use it. But where is her shoes? She also seems to be best sword infantry dancer? I mean, they're all pretty much the same with some slight differences, but starting off with Rapier certainly gives her an edge over Olivia, Lene, and Silvia.

Overall this banner doesn't seem overpowered. I'm not sure why people are complaining they're underwhelming; it's better than blatant powercreep. I'm going Red > Green > Blue > Gray. I like Norne but her kit is 4 Star Material and she was the third one revealed which is where a lot of the demotes have been lately. Plus, there's no way they're demoting the other 3: a dancer with rapier, a lull skill, and an armored dragon that is a direct counter to one of the meta units (Ophelia).

Nagi seems like the crown of this banner, with Phina as the runner up.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm cautiously excited for this, because if I get Nagi, it means I got both of them in the same game without resorting to supreme cheese tactics (or playing FE12).

Does she also have recruitment requirements in FE12 as she did in FE11?

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

Does she also have recruitment requirements in FE12 as she did in FE11?

Nagi just auto-joins at the start of Chapter 22 in FE12. Granted, that does mean you need to meet the requirements for the true ending in order to get that far.

i really like that bantu's coming as a 3*-4* unit on his own, and i'm very happy for nagi and astram (rip midia)

i hope intsys understands that the 3*-4*/5* ratio is absurdly imbalanced (waaaaaaay too many 5* heroes, and waaaaaay too many outdated 3*-4* heroes) and does something about it

i want to take bantu as a sign of their awareness

Yeah. The SI pool of 3-4* heroes is incredibly outdated. Just wish they'd introduce a skill refinery. If tier 4 skills are too much then why not just upgrades of worthless skills and skill fusions (defiants into brazens) be available. They really missed the mark with book 3 launch.