• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

easy

Okay, then you should be fine with just blocking if dodging doesn't work out for you.
On Extreme difficulty, blocking didn't do a whole lot to mitigate oncoming damage, but on Easy, this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I did my first playthrough on Easy as well, because I was mainly interested in the story and characters before anything else.

1 minute ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Well, I almost died in the first suvival fight because somehow the shield didn't acitvate despite pressing the required buttons.

At least I made it to the intro...

Ah, THAT fight. My favorite introduction for my favorite antagonist in video games.
Yeah, that one you're supposed to get curbstomped by. Don't worry!

12 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Uh, what?

Emperor_Siegfried the Sainted’s only vice is his idolatry towards Camilla. While he kneels before the throne of God with great reverence, even such a Godly man as him will also possibly be lead into sin by kneeling before other idols.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Berwick Saga's second greatest hero, @Aethin!

Oh, shoot! I didn't even realize. If you're reading this, happy belated birthday from me as well @Aethin! I could never have experienced one of the greatest games of my life without you. Thanks a lot!

Mom, can we have OP Fighter Yubello?

No, we have OP Fighter Yubello at home.

OP Fighter Yubello at home:

C9gipljn o

oUI9ly0.jpg?1

Jajaja, I was warned about that kind of stuff.

44 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Emperor_Siegfried the Sainted’s only vice is his idolatry towards Camilla. While he kneels before the throne of God with great reverence, even such a Godly man as him will also possibly be lead into sin by kneeling before other idols.

I kinda guessed this was referred to the nibelungen saga.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

How did he get there?

I flew him there with Tana so I could easily record the gif.

...No, but seriously. Ross gets doubled by boats. He's a level 12 fighter and he has worse speed than his dad at base. What the hell am I even using him for?

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...No, but seriously. Ross gets doubled by boats. He's a level 12 fighter and he has worse speed than his dad at base. What the hell am I even using him for?

That's Fighter Ross 👏👏

This is one of those moments where the RNG is telling you Ross should go home, son.

3 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Oh, I just have found a new contender for a deathbattle:

Reveal hidden contents

Camilla

Nights of Azure 2's is a much better version, in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I like the idea that this game has a deadline as in Persona, so rest abusing isn't possible.

Edit: There's a timer for multiple things.

Yep. Once the azure moon (Gust did it first) vanishes, it's hello, Eternal Night!
The "last day" is marked by when the moon is only a very, very small crescent.

I think I have a screenshot lying around somewhere...
Ah, yes I do!
a2rVLx0.jpg
Taken specifically for this type of situation.

Though Aluche will also say something, this here it what it looks like. This restriction is lifted in New Game Plus, leaving every day after this with this exact Moon Phase.

57 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

oUI9ly0.jpg?1

Jajaja, I was warned about that kind of stuff.

This is why I was convinced most people would hate the game if they tried it.
I personally don't mind one way or the other, but hey.

---

With that, good day everyone!
I slept for a bit, but now I'm awake again.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is the worst Ross I've ever seen. Reminds me of that time my Ike had literally 7 strength at level 20 in PoR. The guy had capped speed, and a good 14 defense. But his ability to damage enemies was so damn lacking it wasn't funny. Which meant I virtually had to feed him every energy drop in the game to make up for it.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

This was not worth the $25 lol. 

Besides Xenoblade 2, alot of nowadays DLC isnt worth what you pay. That's just the world we live in right now. And yet, we keep paying, funny enough. 

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's Fighter Ross 👏👏

I mean, he gets 1 speed from his promotion to pirate, but also only 1 from promoting to berserker. The end result is the same as going hero, which grants 2 points. Growths aren't affected, either.

But the biggest reason I made him a fighter is that if he went pirate he'd be promoting in chapter 16 because Colm deserves the ocean seal far more. Seriously, Colm is one of my best  combat units. That's just so... wrong.

24 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

That is the worst Ross I've ever seen.

It's alarming that, even if I promote him to hero right now, Dozla will still have higher speed when he joins next chapter. He'll have 8 speed as a hero. Dozla starts with 9.

24 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Reminds me of that time my Ike had literally 7 strength at level 20 in PoR. The guy had capped speed, and a good 14 defense. But his ability to damage enemies was so damn lacking it wasn't funny. Which meant I virtually had to feed him every energy drop in the game to make up for it.

A lack of strength can at least be somewhat salvaged by good weapons. What am I supposed to do with a guy who gets doubled by ballista boats?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A lack of strength can at least be somewhat salvaged by good weapons. What am I supposed to do with a guy who gets doubled by ballista boats?

I'd say "chip damage on player phase".... but... honestly Sacred Stones isn't a player phase game. Now if this were a DS FE on the other hand...

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep. Once the azure moon (Gust did it first) vanishes, it's hello, Eternal Night!
The "last day" is marked by when the moon is only a very, very small crescent.

I think I have a screenshot lying around somewhere...
Ah, yes I do!

Though Aluche will also say something, this here it what it looks like. This restriction is lifted in New Game Plus, leaving every day after this with this exact Moon Phase.

I noticed doing boss battles turn the clock back.

So I have to keep doing this just to avoid a Game Over.

Anyways I'm done with playing for now, feeling a bit dull right now.

I need to close my eyes despite I won't be able to sleep...

6 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I'd say "chip damage on player phase"....

Neimi and the mages are better at that, unfortunately.

but... honestly Sacred Stones isn't a player phase game.

It kinda is when the enemies are actually powerful. Seriously, I required actual tactics to beat Turning Traitor and secure the knight's crest. I recommend that people try raising enemy stats in FE8, it makes for quite the different experience. Just... maybe not as much as 30%. I'd say that's the max amount you can go for without the game becoming TOO much.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Neimi and the mages are better at that, unfortunately.

It kinda is when the enemies are actually powerful. Seriously, I required actual tactics to beat Turning Traitor and secure the knight's crest. I recommend that people try raising enemy stats in FE8, it makes for quite the different experience. Just... maybe not as much as 30%. I'd say that's the max amount you can go for without the game becoming TOO much.

Right. I came in without context. Should have known be a rub to you playing Sacred Stones... or someone getting doubled by a boat.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's fine but this is not how you do it imo. Ch.4 Cindered Shadows was way better at keeping me on my toes and I think that map is dogshit btw. 

xD

Different strokes for different folks...

Good morning everyone!

Right. I came in without context. Should have known be a rub to you playing Sacred Stones...

Don't worry about it. I find that Sacred Stones's biggest flaws are enemy quality and Seth. Having fixed those issues, it's quite the enjoyable FE, in my humble opinion.

or someone getting doubled by a boat.

Ross after good ol' Yubello is the height of disappointment, I swear. He'd get doubled by Amelia right now. On the other hand, he was helpful to set up a kill for her, since he doesn't double even soldiers. That was... all he did in Turning Traitor.

14 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I noticed doing boss battles turn the clock back.

So I have to keep doing this just to avoid a Game Over.

Yup. Boss battles usually end the chapter and that's where the Moon resets.
One rather efficient method to play the game is to reach the area where the boss is in a new level, exploring the level and opening all the warp gates and such, then do quests until the last day, and then beat the boss.

From this, I reckon you have defeated Joe? Congrats!

17 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Anyways I'm done with playing for now, feeling a bit dull right now.

I need to close my eyes despite I won't be able to sleep...

Rest well!