Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

@Javi Blizz I've had a 5* Eliwood for a long while, he is fun to use, though I use DB3 and Iceberg on him instead as he's mainly player phase for me.

Yes, I'll give him Death Blow as soon as I've fodder. This is just for meanwhile. 

Also, I need to give him Hone Cavalry/Fortify Cavarly to pair him with my 4*+10 Gronnblade (not +, since isn't an Arena unit neither) Cecilia

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Annoyed by today's Reward Map. It's Robin, but only three of him? Not six? Has Fire Emblem Heroes come to the side of those degenerates that find male and female robin to be two separate characters?

Word of God has gotten sick of our bickering and has decided to lay down the law once and for all.

Spoiler

8hf2gzK.jpg

Whoever thought -4 atk banes should be allowed needs to be shot. And atk/spd banes period Terrible.

She should be Spd Tactic fodder, especially as I already have Gunnthra for wind, but it feels wrong to dump the only copy of a legendary unit. Maybe the +2 atk from her blessing effect will come in handy for something. I would be much less annoyed if not for my F Grima also came with -atk, and I proceeded to try a few more orbs to hopefully fix either of them and ended up with just a standing 9% pity rate. I wasn't going to pull more, but I realized Lyn's not coming back till July so the green pool with her next time might not be the ideal one with Christmas Chrom or Lissa in it that I'd hoped, since I expected her to rerun sooner instead. I guess I should know better than to think knee-jerk summoning to fix an IV would work twice in the same week.

Edited by Alkaid

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Another line that's a bit odd. I know it's referring to him apparently being a wise man, but still.

Actually no this is another translation problem

FE5 Ending fan-translation:

"As long as history exists in Thracia, the legendary King Leaf’s name will never be forgotten… "

Thats actually mistranslated. 

The more proper translation using that same structure is along the lines of:

"As long as history exists in Thracia, the name of "Wise King" Leif will never be forgotten"

In that "Wise-King"/賢王 is meant to be his title, in the same way Marth is called "Hero-King" in Awakening

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not until the IS staff can show me their dragonstones as proof.

What if IS staff are made of "assimilation" dragon breed of manakete,

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Alkaid You will appreciate the skill much more if you sacrificed your only copy of a unit for it. My Cherche would love to eat an -ATK Lyn ... 

Man, I'm really thinking about it. Especially since I can max her hero merit first.. I'm just really unsure who I use often enough that'd be worth giving it to. Same for Atk Tactic from my -spd Siegbert who's still collecting dust.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Man, I'm really thinking about it. Especially since I can max her hero merit first.. I'm just really unsure who I use often enough that'd be worth giving it to. Same for Atk Tactic from my -spd Siegbert who's still collecting dust.

Luckily I got a spare Siegbert some time ago. My Arena core is a mixed team and Cordelia ATK buffing BH!Roy and Cherche at the same time saved me a lot of arena streaks. Cherche doesn't need SPD, so SPD tactic would be perfect for her. 

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Be warned that if you go through with this idea, then you guarantee that someone on the next banner will have Spd Tactic or that's probably what would happen if I choose to dump mine for Spd Tactic, at any rate.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Be warned that if you go through with this idea, then you guarantee that someone on the next banner will have Spd Tactic or that's probably what would happen if I choose to dump mine for Spd Tactic, at any rate.

Nope, but SPD Tactic seal reward next TTs. 

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Luckily I got a spare Siegbert some time ago. My Arena core is a mixed team and Cordelia ATK buffing BH!Roy and Cherche at the same time saved me a lot of arena streaks. Cherche doesn't need SPD, so SPD tactic would be perfect for her. 

Yeah, since mine's mixed too the Tactic skills seem ideal, just basically everyone on my team would like to get buffed by Spd/Atk tactic instead of be carriers. (For Res/Def Tactics I may well combo them on my Cordelia sometime, though) A dedicated Tank like Nowi would be a safe choice, but I don't actually have one, nor any really good tanks I regularly use in arena and such.. Camilla's kind of my tank, but she functions great with her current set as is, so I'd rather hold the rare fodder. Your Cherches a great pick for it for sure, though. I could end up doing that with mine depending on how things go. I'm just unsure there since I've been pairing her with flier teams most of the time for that sweet brave weapon goad spam. (made even more nuts with the new Hinoka in the mix)

@Tybrosion You know it. They'll scare me into hoarding in case that happens, and then when I finally get tired of waiting the next banner/TT after they'll put them on a 4* demote or a seal.

Ugh... just looked at the bulletin.

• Ike - Late June
  • Ephraim - Late June
  • Lyn - Late July
  • Grima - Late May

Ugh. The only unit that comes back at the end of the the month is Grima, who I already have a good copy of (and one for fodder) and Lyn doesn't come back for a long time. Fjorm, Gunnthra or both are going to come back next month and Ike's not coming back for a while either. If I don't get Lyn here I'll be waiting a considerable amount of time for her. Sucks but what can you do. After watching Phoenixmaster spend 300+ orbs for 2 *5's (even if one was L!Lyn) I don't feel so bad about getting 3 in 120, even if I'm not thrilled about the units themselves.

@Alkaid At least it's a legendary hero. Meanwhile I'm sitting here glaring at my +DEF/-ATK FH!Celica and staring at that Chill SPD. I've never had such an intense desire to fodder my only copy of a unit off. I'm legit irritated that I pulled her of all units on this banner.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

• Ike - Late June
  • Ephraim - Late June
  • Lyn - Late July
  • Grima - Late May

Ugh. The only unit that comes back at the end of the the month is Grima, who I already have a good copy of (and one for fodder) and Lyn doesn't come back for a long time. Fjorm, Gunnthra or both are going to come back next month and Ike's not coming back for a while either. If I don't get Lyn here I'll be waiting a considerable amount of time for her. Sucks but what can you do. After watching Phoenixmaster spend 300+ orbs for 2 *5's (even if one was L!Lyn) I don't feel so bad about getting 3 in 120, even if I'm not thrilled about the units themselves.

@Alkaid At least it's a legendary hero. Meanwhile I'm sitting here glaring at my +DEF/-ATK FH!Celica and staring at that Chill SPD. I've never had such an intense desire to fodder my only copy of a unit off. I'm legit irritated that I pulled her of all units on this banner.

Really?! Oh god, now that -Atk Inigo I got feels even worse... I really need Spd Tactic to bring Eirika to her max potential and waiting 2 months for another chance is just...no.

Never summon when you're in a distressed state of mind. I dumped +400 orbs trying to get promoted Ephraim and while I did get other focus units and stuff like +Atk, -Def Lucius, it was not worth it at all to be that angry and irritated when I'm already stressed out and frustrated with college and when it's in its last weeks.

I am not going to summon again, except for freebie summons, on any banner until next year or until CYL2 drops. If CYL2 lets us choose a hero, then I'm considering skipping the banner too. I will never enter that into a summoning frenzy like that again. Wasted skill inheritance, still having too many goddamned units, and that lack of self control was disgusting and embarrassing. And for what? Just so I can spend one less fire blessing to complete a series of quests that are available for year and a series of maps that are permanently in the game? Fuck you, dumbass. You let your anger get the best of you.

@Zeo Darn. That’s annoying. I hope she comes to you if you do another summon though.

as much as I initially disliked that she appeared first before my wanted units, at least i finally have a wind hero.

@Alkaid yeah Atk superbanes are so annoying. At least a normal -3 Atk can be fixed with a seal but -4? I pulled a +Spd/-Atk one which seemed great at first until i realised the superbane...

luckily the next session I had a +Def/-HP one which is a bit better. Not as great a boon but better than that superbane.

At least I can finally make Lyn Emblem. Not sure who gets the Def Tactic skill yet but I guess it’s time to experiment.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

• Ike - Late June
  • Ephraim - Late June
  • Lyn - Late July
  • Grima - Late May

Judging by the legendary heroes coming back Next time it looks like the next legendary will be red which makes me not interested unless it ends up being Marth (which I really don't see happening any time soon).  I know how it feels not to be able to pull who you want from a banner most of this year has been me not pulling the units I want.  This legendary banner is the first banner this year I have pulled on that actually worked out.  At least you know when L!Lyn so you can save orbs up for her.  There should be some orbs from GC tomorrow so hopefully you can pull Lyn then.

@Zeo Darn. That’s annoying. I hope she comes to you if you do another summon though.

as much as I initially disliked that she appeared first before my wanted units, at least i finally have a wind hero.

@Alkaid yeah Atk superbanes are so annoying. At least a normal -3 Atk can be fixed with a seal but -4? I pulled a +Spd/-Atk one which seemed great at first until i realised the superbane...

luckily the next session I had a +Def/-HP one which is a bit better. Not as great a boon but better than that superbane.

At least I can finally make Lyn Emblem. Not sure who gets the Def Tactic skill yet but I guess it’s time to experiment.

6 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Next time it looks like the next legendary will be red which makes me not interested unless it ends up being Marth (which I really don't see happening any time soon).

Actually, the fact that the next Legendary Hero is red and that the fire element is still on the table for this rotation leads me to believe that Marth will be the next Legendary Hero (probably with a Res boost because Ephraim is already Def?).

I mean, unless they want to troll us with another Roy or Eliwood.

Maybe we can get Darios?

@ZeoGo Hm farm her up and then think on it then. I'll re-evaluate the fate of this Lyn once mine's maxed.. And yeah, checking the legendary schedule  is what got me worst about it. I was at first thinking at least she'll just rerun in June or something, and likely then be paired with some Christmas units on green.. but nope, we gotta wait until July.. I'm even still tempted to pop the 9% I have but then my PTSD for the 10-11% I've hit on past legendaries kicks in..

@KadenI feel you there. I've had some bad salty summon runs, some dumb pity % chasing, etc. that usually ended not how I wanted. At least it's not as bad if you go after a unit you really like. It sucks when it's like this Lyn where I'm just trying to fix an IV on a unit I don't even really care about much, or I'm just trying to get a unit for the sake of it that isn't even one of my favorites. I should have stopped after my initial orbs to get back to saving for brides.. (please be grooms so I can skip and save)

@mcsilas At least the -atk Robin I got is still usable, especially with flier buffs. Lyn emblem sounds fun with her. If only I had regular and LA Lyn. I still have yet to complete a full character emblem of anybody yet.. 4th Camilla or Azura when?

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Since I'm now convinced that IS specifically needs the tears of Marth fans for sustenance, this will more than likely happen and it'll be the one with more alts (Roy) just for an added "screw you" to Marth fans. That, or they could go in a different but equally trollish direction and make Leo (aka blonde Marth) this next red legendary.

@ZeoGo Hm farm her up and then think on it then. I'll re-evaluate the fate of this Lyn once mine's maxed.. And yeah, checking the legendary schedule  is what got me worst about it. I was at first thinking at least she'll just rerun in June or something, and likely then be paired with some Christmas units on green.. but nope, we gotta wait until July.. I'm even still tempted to pop the 9% I have but then my PTSD for the 10-11% I've hit on past legendaries kicks in..

@KadenI feel you there. I've had some bad salty summon runs, some dumb pity % chasing, etc. that usually ended not how I wanted. At least it's not as bad if you go after a unit you really like. It sucks when it's like this Lyn where I'm just trying to fix an IV on a unit I don't even really care about much, or I'm just trying to get a unit for the sake of it that isn't even one of my favorites. I should have stopped after my initial orbs to get back to saving for brides.. (please be grooms so I can skip and save)

@mcsilas At least the -atk Robin I got is still usable, especially with flier buffs. Lyn emblem sounds fun with her. If only I had regular and LA Lyn. I still have yet to complete a full character emblem of anybody yet.. 4th Camilla or Azura when?

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Since I'm now convinced that IS specifically needs the tears of Marth fans for sustenance, this will more than likely happen and it'll be the one with more alts (Roy) just for an added "screw you" to Marth fans. That, or they could go in a different but equally trollish direction and make Leo (aka blonde Marth) this next red legendary.

Masked Marth as the next Legendary Hero is confirmed!

Surprise! The silhouette is not actually of Marth, it is Marth!Lucina!

Just having an alt is not enough. We need an alt of an alt. Alt-ception!

Edited by XRay