21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I had some nice luck on this one! 200ish orbs got me:

Lucina (and she has pretty much perfect IVs)
Ephraim (YAY)
Julia
Leif
Mila (Yay!)

And in just a few more pulls on the Bridal Belonging banner, I finally got my hands on Bride Fjorm! She can help in AR defense, I believe. I've periodically seen her on those teams. Only question now is whether I give her a Dark or Anima blessing, but that'll be answered in due time.

I'm also going to merge Leif, but I think I'll fodder Julia since she has Sturdy Impact and I've got a few folks who'd like that, I think. Lilina is probably my best candidate, but I don't use her very often... So I'm not entirely sure who's going to get it yet.

B!Fjorm is used best on AR-O, since she is on a fixed position on Defense you can easily keep your dancer out of her range. On offense you can position you Fjorm to isolate the enemy dancer. 

Julia has Mirror Impact.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got Mila on my second summon! +Atk/-HP, which seems quite good. 

12 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

B!Fjorm is used best on AR-O, since she is on a fixed position on Defense you can easily keep your dancer out of her range. On offense you can position you Fjorm to isolate the enemy dancer. 

Julia has Mirror Impact.

Yeah, on defense it's easy for the player to just avoid her, offense is where she really shines. I just got my own Fjorm for Astra offense (and Mila for Light offense).

Tried with 15 orbs didn't get anything so I might as well stop. Edelgard's banner also at 20 summons hasn't given me a single 5* and as there isn't time to go for 40 I will stop on both. Maybe I will make a random pull in Red or colourless but that's it for the most part.

On another note, the dream of +10 Brave El slowly fades away considering how the rerun drained my orbs and I doubt I will have at least 1200 by August but I will try. 

24 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Julia has Mirror Impact.

Then why do I see her on defense teams rather frequently? I don't want to find that I pulled for her for nothing. I already have effective offense teams and wouldn't need her there. I need more help on the defensive side.

Yeah, I meant to say Mirror Impact, I don't know why I said Sturdy. Oops.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why do I see her on defense teams rather frequently? I don't want to find that I pulled for her for nothing. I already have effective offense teams and wouldn't need her there. I need more help on the defensive side.

I believe people uses her in Defense because of Ground Orders, and not Isolation. Isolation is kinda useless in Defense, because you cannot control who to isolate.

You can fodder her to a flying dancer, if you think she is useless is any other mode or map, but I say Bride Fjorm is still very useful in AR offensive and AA.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe people uses her in Defense because of Ground Orders, and not Isolation. Isolation is kinda useless in Defense, because you cannot control who to isolate.

You can fodder her to a flying dancer, if you think she is useless is any other mode or map, but I say Bride Fjorm is still very useful in AR offensive and AA.

I still don't have room for her in either of my main offense teams. I could still make multiple teams for each season, but I wouldn't know what other teams to make. If there is another setup I can do, I'd gladly put her on it.

I guess all I can use her for now is healing on a team that for whatever reason needs a flying healer. But how often would that be. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I meant to say Mirror Impact, I don't know why I said Sturdy. Oops.

As Dio said, It's because of Ground orders, but she isn't a dancer so she isn't a good fit for it on Defense. Offense is where she shines, and she can be more useful than a B!Lucina vs some maps. Not all, but some. A Rally trap hard bearing Bramimond with Luna charged for example is something B!Fjorm would shut down, but B!Lucina would be worthless vs it. She wouldn't be helping Ike because Bramimond shuts down all Lucina's buffs. Meanwhile Fjorm just stand in the same colomn as Bramimond and he just doesn't move since he can't rally. So B!ike is safe to take on other enemies.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I could still make multiple teams for each season, but I wouldn't know what other teams to make.

How many team you have for each season?

Eir, Peony, Brave Ike, Brave Lucina and Bride Fjorm. This can work if one of the Mythic hero is the bonus unit, or if you don't mind in not having a bonus unit. That's one of my teams, but instead of Ike and Lucina, it's Nowi and Marth.

17 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

As Dio said, It's because of Ground orders, but she isn't a dancer so she isn't a good fit for it on Defense. Offense is where she shines, and she can be more useful than a B!Lucina vs some maps. Not all, but some. A Rally trap hard bearing Bramimond with Luna charged for example is something B!Fjorm would shut down, but B!Lucina would be worthless vs it. She wouldn't be helping Ike because Bramimond shuts down all Lucina's buffs. Meanwhile Fjorm just stand in the same colomn as Bramimond and he just doesn't move since he can't rally. So B!ike is safe to take on other enemies.

So what you're saying that a map with Bramimond is where Fjorm would be more useful than Brave Lucina. I get it now, yeah. I do have trouble against him, so that could help me.

15 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

How many team you have for each season?

Eir, Peony, Brave Ike, Brave Lucina and Bride Fjorm. This can work if one of the Mythic hero is the bonus unit, or if you don't mind in not having a bonus unit. That's one of my teams, but instead of Ike and Lucina, it's Nowi and Marth.

Just one for each so far. Brave Ike and NY Alfonse carry me in Light while Fallen Ike and Christmas Sothis do so in Astra now. I add two Mythics to each team and a bonus unit for the last one.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So what you're saying that a map with Bramimond is where Fjorm would be more useful than Brave Lucina. I get it now, yeah. I do have trouble against him, so that could help me.

Just one for each so far. Brave Ike and NY Alfonse carry me in Light while Fallen Ike and Christmas Sothis do so in Astra now. I add two Mythics to each team and a bonus unit for the last one.

No I am not saying that at all. I am using Bramimond as an example since he specifically counters B!Lucina's support so that I could better show the difference in value Lucina and Fjorm bring. Fjorm does not counter Bramimond itself. She counters the rally trap that I made in the example. (If her Hp is high enough). But it does not have to be Bramimond who has the rally. It could be Lilina, Kiria, ophelia, Alm, Thrasir etc etc. Fjorm counters rally traps and restore traps if her Hp is high enough. And that means she dismantles the strategy of the defense team, limiting the reach and lowering damage output. Mila can do the same, though easier since she compares Def. So Fjorm is best for Astra since you have Mila.

It is true though that Lucina is a useless support vs Bramimond because he negates all her buffs from her weapon and drive skills. But her value as a support might still be good on a map that features bramimond if it helps Ike survive the rest of the enemies. If he can survive Bramimond in a 1v1, and survives the rest with lucina's help, you don't need Fjorm. If Ike can survive the reast of the enemy team without lucina, but loses the 1v1 vs Bramimond, you might need Fjorm/Mila's isolation. But it's a case by case since defense maps are all different.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

One easy way to build multiple teams is to pick four candidates for the two "flex" slots. There's six ways to pick two units out of those, so you ignore the least relevant pair and make teams with the other five. For example, for a while my Astra flex slot candidates were Aversa, Rinea, Fae, and Nagi, so I picked the five pairs other than Fae+Nagi.

You have Mila, so Fjorm would be most helpful on Astra. So you could make Ike/Sothis, Ike/Fjorm, and Sothis/Fjorm be three of your Astra teams. And then you could bring in a fourth unit for two other teams. 

Plus, some weeks you can have a mythic function as the bonus unit, so on those weeks you get a third flex slot. 

70 Orbs... No Mila, but it's fine since I don't really need her. I already have Eir and Peony, and Bride Fjorm for Light Seasons. But I got...

LQWoSfO.png kfzipyG.png

My first Leif! Now I have a Pair Up Hero to all seasons! I may pick that Festival Xander from Divine Codes for him.

And my 2nd Eliwood. I still don't know what to do with him. I could merge him, or fodder him. Still thinking...

20 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

No I am not saying that at all. I am using Bramimond as an example since he specifically counters B!Lucina's support so that I could better show the difference in value Lucina and Fjorm bring. Fjorm does not counter Bramimond itself. She counters the rally trap that I made in the example. (If her Hp is high enough). But it does not have to be Bramimond who has the rally. It could be Lilina, Kiria, ophelia, Alm, Thrasir etc etc. Fjorm counters rally traps and restore traps if her Hp is high enough. And that means she dismantles the strategy of the defense team, limiting the reach and lowering damage output. Mila can do the same, though easier since she compares Def. So Fjorm is best for Astra since you have Mila.

It is true though that Lucina is a useless support vs Bramimond because he negates all her buffs from her weapon and drive skills. But her value as a support might still be good on a map that features bramimond if it helps Ike survive the rest of the enemies. If he can survive Bramimond in a 1v1, and survives the rest with lucina's help, you don't need Fjorm. If Ike can survive the reast of the enemy team without lucina, but loses the 1v1 vs Bramimond, you might need Fjorm/Mila's isolation. But it's a case by case since defense maps are all different.

Well yeah, I didn't mean that she countered Bramimond directly, I meant just what you said here. Sorry for not being clear. I understand now.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

One easy way to build multiple teams is to pick four candidates for the two "flex" slots. There's six ways to pick two units out of those, so you ignore the least relevant pair and make teams with the other five. For example, for a while my Astra flex slot candidates were Aversa, Rinea, Fae, and Nagi, so I picked the five pairs other than Fae+Nagi.

You have Mila, so Fjorm would be most helpful on Astra. So you could make Ike/Sothis, Ike/Fjorm, and Sothis/Fjorm be three of your Astra teams. And then you could bring in a fourth unit for two other teams. 

Plus, some weeks you can have a mythic function as the bonus unit, so on those weeks you get a third flex slot. 

Oh okay, cool. That all sounds good then, thanks!

To get back on topic, I'll mention that I finally got my first Tethys the other day too and her IVs are great as well. 😄

Edited by Anacybele

So Mila's Infernal map made me super angry to the point I was willing to crack into my orb stash to summon one purely for the pleasure of turning it into a book, or to get Legendary Julia to blast her map into the oblivion where it damn well belongs.

I really shouldn't have but I got:

2 × Ephraim both -Atk -_-

1 × Leif (-HP/+Atk and he cleared Mila's stupid map)

1 × Lucina merge so now she's +1

And some fodder.  In about ~116 orbs I had five left afterwards and I can honestly say I will thankfully have next month to gather more as well as the VG.  Besides given that there won't be another Grima banner in a long while, these were orbs I sort of could afford to spend.

@Landmaster @Zeo @daisy jane @Diovani Bressan

Ok. Mythic banner is here. I was saving for L!Leif, been failing to get him. Mila is an added bonus, I like her and she makes colourless excellent in this banner. Would also like a Forrest at some point and a +Atk/+Spd Brady maybe. 

Had 190 orbs on my main which is a record, and about 136 orbs on second account.

Went with second account first. Had just enough for new hero spark but I've been saving for so long and I needed a win after a tough week. Free summon was a Klein, and then the second colourless? +Spd/-HP Mila. Wow that was fast! Unfortunate combo but hey I wanted her, and kind of fitting she is in the account with Brave/Legendary Celica. Can also finish my Earth theme team I had in mind. Really great result, considering this account had less orbs.

Thought I'd try my main account next. Unfortunately, it took so much longer to even fish out a focus unit- there were too many single colourless circles and I passed the 10%. Ended up with a dupe +Atk/-Def L!Alm in the end. Already had a +Spd +1, but now I'm getting indecisive about the boon. No more colourless but there was another green with a high rate, my current Annette is +Spd/-Atk so I dared to try and... I managed to get a merge! +Atk/-Spd Annette! Opposite IVs funnily enough...I think her superboon makes this a bit better? Tried blue to fix L!lucina's -Atk but was just Mathilda.

I had about 70 orbs left and I really wanted a non-dupe so my impatience got the better of me. Before I knew it, I had 17 orbs left and with one last try, I got two colourless. First one was +Def/-Spd L!Leif!!!! FINALLY. Ironically the other colourless was Nanna, which is fitting. Kind of sucks it took pretty much my whole stash but I haven't done some quests yet or Astram's GHB. At least I got my first Forrest, although he was +Def/-Res. Got a few Bradys in a row but no Spd/Atk.... still an overall win.

Then I went back to try for Leif on my second account again. It took 92 orbs..... but I got L!Leif as well! +Spd/-Atk L!Leif though lol, but hey the Leonster family is fully complete now. Had 44 orbs left but this account had a better position than my main orbs wise. And got some Sothes which I was running low on. Funny how both Mila and Leif got a boon on their dump stats heh.

Overall a success in the end. Kind of sucks to not have that cushion for the new heroes so I reaaaaallly wish it's not someone I want. At least I don't need to save for Mythics anytime soon (maybe Bramimond but not a high priority). And hey now I can use Leif to farm CCs and get more orbs in return for the investment. I wonder if I can get to at least 100 within a week...

@SockPuppet Wow congrats on those fast 5 stars!

Edited by mcsilas

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, I didn't mean that she countered Bramimond directly, I meant just what you said here. Sorry for not being clear. I understand now.

O

You literally mentioned Bramimond by name and only responded to he character, when my post was specifically about the interaction between Fjorm and a Rally/Restore trap, which you disregarded entirely by not responding to it. that's not being unclear, it's lack of understanding.

Anyway. I also got a Tethys as a pull. I have + Hp and + Res ready for my defense team, and can make her +5. Just gotta look at what boon will be needed. She's getting Ouch pouch, splasy bucket, Temari and lethal carrot. Maybe even CC+Dusk uchiwa. I'll take a look at what her best will be by swapping weapon eavery season.

But all of this is not until after the update drops. i am hoping for a Hm increase. i need more feathers, everyone is at 6k in my barracks. All 366 units.

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

You literally mentioned Bramimond by name and only responded to he character, when my post was specifically about the interaction between Fjorm and a Rally/Restore trap, which you disregarded entirely by not responding to it. that's not being unclear, it's lack of understanding.

Whoa, okay, you don't have to get hostile. Sorry...

I really want to hope that I have a good session. Two circles at most for now?

3 Red, 1 each Blue, Colourless

4* Kagero (Ugh, newer units please. +Spd/-Atk), 3* Cain (It's a WoM. +HP/-Def), 3* Tiki (Bah(nfire). +Def/-Spd), 4* Athena (Moonbowow. +Atk/-HP)

3 Colourless, 1 each Red, Green

3* Bartre (*sigh. +Def/-Atk), 5* Lif (RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

ONLY WANT ONE FUTURE ONLY WANT ONE WORLD ONE NEED ONE MYTHIC COULD THIS BE IT- Okay, there's a bunch I'd like but yes this is one. +Atk/-HP, I am happy about that), 4* Saizo (Just no. +Atk/-HP), 3* Rebecca (*sigh. +HP/-Spd), 3* Rebecca (Tanya pls. +HP/-Def)

That's not a bad start. I can technically ignore Red too which is nice.

Edited by Dayni

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

2 × Ephraim both -Atk -_-

Oh yeah, you merge these and that nasty bane goes away, Chloey. Or he can be Sturdy Stance fodder. If you use him though, I'd say something like Atk/Def Solo, which is what I gave mine, would work better than Sturdy Stance. His weapon means he does well by himself and that synergizes with a solo skill. Of course, you'd need the fodder for it, but yeah. Ephraim is so cool, I would recommend you give him a chance. But if you don't want to use him, you don't have to. Just giving you suggestions.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Whoa, okay, you don't have to get hostile. Sorry...

I simply looked at the fact that your second post claimed something that was evidently untrue. My post Is merely stating fact, so you rudely claiming me to be hostile seems like calling the kettle black, seeing as your first instinct is to take an overly defensive stance.

I pulled another Tethys btw. ^^ +6 soon, glad I am going to invest in her and not Silvia.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I simply looked at the fact that your second post claimed something that was evidently untrue. My post Is merely stating fact, so you rudely claiming me to be hostile seems like calling the kettle black, seeing as your first instinct is to take an overly defensive stance.

I just felt like you were coming off that way. I had no intention of being rude. Again, sorry...

Edited by Anacybele

Oof. I spent about two hundred or so on Orbs again, but no Mila. Got UOT!Lief [+Atk, -HP] which is fantastic. Got 3 SK!Alms, and one of them is a +Spd. Also got my first MOO!Hector, which is nice for Galeforce strategies.

Wish I had gotten Mila though. No Mila kind of hurts. I think I will just wait for her to come back next time.