Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Just now, Arcanite said:

So if you're starting with Takumi, does that mean I win?

Reveal hidden contents

BOOOOOYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I can suggest a compromise.

He attempts both strategies.

Whichever one takes the least amount of turns wins.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Psh, first of all Fypo is a gurl

Second, that sounds legit but that all depends on if Fypo is gonna bother to do both. We shall see who is the superior tactician. Whoever loses has to change their "rank" to total moron for a day and makes a post in general saying "I'm a total Moron. Someone fix me."

What do ya say? Gotta deal? heh heh heh 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Second, that sounds legit but that all depends on if Fypo is gonna bother to do both. We shall see who is the superior tactician. Whoever loses has to change their "rank" to total moron for a day and makes a post in general saying "I'm a total Moron. Someone fix me."

RIP mobile not showing gender. Apologies.

And sure I'll agree to that. I don't think the loser will mind that too much, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Spoiler

Fight me.

Takumi did well for me, at the very least. Although depending on the other 3 units being used, he may well end up redundant. But his job would be to take care of any fliers not named Michalis, simple as. 

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just now, Arcanite said:

Spoken like true FE fans.

It's always a contest about the better strategy. Even when helping someone haha.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Spoken like true FE fans.

It's always a contest about the better strategy. Even when helping someone haha.

Now I remember why I loved playing FE in the first place. Why didn't I join this forum earlier...

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

And sure I'll agree to that. I don't think the loser will mind that too much, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Reveal hidden contents

Fight me.

I know you won't mind losing, cause you're humble like that :]

Spoiler

Cash me outside, how bou dah?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I know you won't mind losing, cause you're humble like that :]

Reveal hidden contents

Cash me outside, how bou dah?

I can't wait to make you eat those words, haha. 

This week was a bit lackluster but this thread for like the past hour has made up for that. Friday just does things to me, you know?

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I can't wait to make you eat those words, haha. 

This week was a bit lackluster but this thread for like the past hour has made up for that. Friday just does things to me, you know?

I've made a few wagers on here but this one is a real hair-raiser. Should I just tag random people in a post so this gains popularity? I kinda want more people to notice what's gonna happen so this way more people understand when you one of us says we're a total moron in general.

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I love how y'all just assume both will work :)

Although if I had to choose sides........I think arcanite will win. Dancers didn't seem all that helpful to me on this map, although they both seem plausible. Getting the lancer on the far side will probably add turns to both strats, so it might come down to luck.

Just now, Arcanite said:

I've made a few wagers on here but this one is a real hair-raiser. Should I just tag random people in a post so this gains popularity? I kinda want more people to notice what's gonna happen so this way more people understand when you one of us says we're a total moron in general.

Well if we're agreeing to something this ridiculous, might as well go all out, right?

Spoiler

@Ice Dragon pls don't think less of me

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

that sounds legit but that all depends on if Fypo is gonna bother to do both. We shall see who is the superior tactician. Whoever loses has to change their "rank" to total moron for a day and makes a post in general saying "I'm a total Moron. Someone fix me."

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fight me.

@eclipse because I want a mod to see this

@Rezzy because why not

@Vaximillian because why not

@Sire because he's a theorist 

@Elieson because why not

And finally, @MaskedAmpharos because why not.

Spoiler

Sure hope I didn't mention these people just so they could see me lose

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No worries. A strategy-off is a competition of the highest prestige.

I prefer our unofficial Spreadsheet-off

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh, you guys :)

im trying Takumi first because I need to level Olivia more..

ive got a better idea, I'll level them up, then go back and forth. :P

That's fine smokey. My username seems rather masculine XD... 

Okay. I guess that means the bet is on? (Darnit. I can't join lol)

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, finally got that image uploaded.

Capture_2017-03-24-11-25-27_zpsrt07q4zb.

You can see why I want more axe wielders. I had more units than this, but I mistakenly sent home both the Subakis I had, and I used several other units as skill fodder (including Eirika, Sully, Peri, Matthew, Azama, and Gunter).

Virion needs more levels for this, I know... I wound up with so many swords trying to get Ryoma or a red mage (preferably Lilina). All the blues came from trying to get Ephraim. And I just like Donnel.

Roy might be better than Palla for beating Michalis thanks to triangle adapt.   It does suck that both your best magic users (robin and corrin) are blue.   Abel might be a better choice than Sharena.  I used him when I did the map and his increased movement was helpful.    And he's a pretty good unit imo so you probably won't regret having him in the future.

3 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Roy might be better than Palla for beating Michalis thanks to triangle adapt.   It does suck that both your best magic users (robin and corrin) are blue.   Abel might be a better choice than Sharena.  I used him when I did the map and his increased movement was helpful.    And he's a pretty good unit imo so you probably won't regret having him in the future.

But then how would I bait Michalis with Roy? Palla can because she's a flier and can move over the mountains. Roy can't and there's no other way to put someone in Michalis's range because nobody on his team will move until someone is in range.

I don't know how good Palla is, but Roy is good enough to take down buffed Michalis. But after that he'll either need to be healed or protected because he'll be on his last legs. I wouldn't say he's the best unit for this, but he gets the job done.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Okay. I guess that means the bet is on? (Darnit. I can't join lol)

It's kind of funny that you're the person who's pretty much deciding who wins, heh. I have never been more ready for anything ever in my life. This is history in the making right here. It'll probably also speak volumes as to who will listen to who for future advice ;)

I'd say, took me many tries, but it's probably the first time I've won the harder map on these Grand Hero Battles.

I used a 5* Eirika, Cordelia, and Julia, and 4* Palla. All with levels and default skills at max. I positioned the units so Palla could get the Spd boost from Eirika right at the start, then send her to bait Michalis, while positioning Cordelia and Julia to receive the boost next turn. Michalis would leave Palla in position to activate her special attack, then just Julia weakens then Palla finishes him off. Cordelia with Brave Lance could 1R the Peg Knigts and Cavalier (had to bait the Sword one with Palla, she barely survived). And Julia finished off the lancer (placing Eirika in-between to avoid Julia being targeted).

Worth it, I'd say.

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know what skills Hawkeye has. What's "AoE"? And even if Hawkeye could help, I still don't know how I'd one-round the Peg knight. If Virion can't double it, which he can't, Hawkeye most certainly won't.

I don't know/remember them all, but here are some of them:

Frederick: +def, -spd

Robin: +res, -HP

Roy: neutral

Marth: +res, -spd

Hawkeye: +res, but I don't remember the bane

Palla: +res, but I don't remember the bane

I don't know how I ended up with so many +res people... Virion should be neutral since he was the free 2 star one you got at the start of the game.

Just now, immatx said:

I don't know how good Palla is, but Roy is good enough to take down buffed Michalis. But after that he'll either need to be healed or protected because he'll be on his last legs. I wouldn't say he's the best unit for this, but he gets the job done.

K. i'm home now, so I can look into this further (and not on a tiny screen at that lol)

I agree with pumpkin and immatx here. Roy, if levelled, would probably annihallate Michalis with his triangle adept. 

I'm also curious about Caeda. I wonder if she'd have any use for you here...

I'll keep researching.

------

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Arcanite

Guess I'll mention @Eselred

We don't have enough whales to see this so @Shiro

@Effies_Home because why not

@Falcom and @Othin while we're at it.

@pianime94 too

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@eclipse because I want a mod to see this

@Rezzy because why not

@Vaximillian because why not

@Sire because he's a theorist 

@Elieson because why not

And finally, @MaskedAmpharos because why not.

Hide contents

Sure hope I didn't mention these people just so they could see me lose

Ha. I guess this'll have to have more prizes lol.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But then how would I bait Michalis with Roy? Palla can because she's a flier and can move over the mountains. Roy can't and there's no other way to put someone in Michalis's range because nobody on his team will move until someone is in range.

If you put a a blue in the red cavalier's range that should draw Michalis towards him but he shouldn't be able to attack.  Then maybe have the blue get out of his range (this will be easier with Able since he has more move) and put Roy in his range?   It's hard to say without playing the map, but I'll try to test it when I get the chance.

Edited by pumpkinspice48