Rate the Unit 50: Cyas

Silvercrow

Rules (adapted from Integrity's)

- Ratings are for Normal Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Votes are made out of 10. You cannot rate a unit above 10 or below 0.

- The rating topic will be updated whenever I feel like it, but I will try to allow at least 24 hours for each topic. They will generally be updated at around noon EST.

- A character being inferior relative to another character does not explicitly reduce their rating.

- Characters do not get credit for recruiting others or allowing access to side quests.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Characters do not get credit for bringing items.

- I reserve the right to ignore any votes which are not well-supported.

- You may allow a character to use scrolls (and adjust their rating appropriately) so long as it is reasonable (you may debate what constitutes "reasonable" if you feel people may disagree with you). You cannot arbitrarily increase a unit's score by arguing that they may exclusively use half a dozen scrolls for themself. In general, scrolls will probably not add more than +1 to a character's overall rating.

- Warp skipping has an impact on scores in so far as "Safy has an high base staff rank". Nanna would score lower than Safy because of her lower rank, but no chapter is explicitly said to be skipped. You can't get Warp and then suddenly say every character after doesn't exist or requires turns to recruit. Something could be said of Xavier, or Conomore/Amalda who are in an escape chapter where Leaf starts next to the escape point.

Shanam: 0.89

Miranda: 1.13

Robert: 2.33

Ronan: 2.42

Alva: 2.5

Xavier: 2.64

Marty: 2.89

Kein: 3.5

Tanya: 3.82

Conomore: 4.04

Misha: 4.10

Eda: 4.29

Dalsin: 4.38

Trude: 4.69

Evayl: 5.02

Ralph: 5.28

Selphina: 5.37

Glade: 5.75

Delmud: 5.89

Hicks: 5.89

Fred: 6.00

Amalda: 6.05

Brighton: 6.90

Machua: 7.03

Olwen: 7.05

Mareeta: 7.13

Linoan: 7.24

Halvan: 7.35

Carrion: 7.54

Dagda: 7.54

Homer: 7.54

Rifis: 7.70

Leaf: 8.18

Eyrios: 8.20

Shiva: 8.26

Salem: 8.30

Karin: 8.50

Pahn: 8.66

Dean: 8.70

Felgus: 8.79

Sleuf: 8.84

Othin: 8.86

Tina: 8.90

Lara: 8.92

Fin: 9.06

Sara: 9.11

Nanna: 9.13

Safy: 9.48

Asvel: 9.58

While obviously not as good as Sety, Cyas is still pretty useful. A Staves should speak for itself at this point, and A Light means he can wield Resire if you choose to have him fight, which he is pretty proficient at with 18 Mag 12 Spd, although his durability is atrocious. He also provides 3 leadership stars, which is basically the same as having a global charisma effect. 3 movement stars helps his flexibility a bit. Unfortunately, he only has a couple chapters of utility which detracts from his score a little, but he is pretty useful while he's around. 6.5/10

Edited by Silvercrow

MWAHAHHAHAHAHAHA*Laughs like the most insane villain ever*

Well, first off, even thought I hate him with all passion and would wish to give him a "0" I'm going to be fair and not do that(Unlike you, you cheating bastard!!)

His bases are sort of nice, and like Silvercrow said, he can use Resire, but I think that you are probably going to use it with Homeros/Linoan/Sara than giving it to him, he's a staffbot with A ranks, which put you in the list of awesome in Thracia, he has 3 movement stars, which mean that he can spam more staff or dunno, attack someone. Oh, there's his "worldwide charisma -1%", as with 3 leaderships stars he offers 9% of more dodge and hit for your units. His HP are a bit poor, as are his shit base defense and build.

I'm giving him a 5 -1.0 bias point, which means 4,0, and I'm being nice as if you recruit him you can't have access to MOTHERFUCKING SETY KAIBA!

OBS: Ah Cyas? I don't give a phuck about the Blaggi Sword, for all I care you can shove it right throught your A**

Well Sety beats him in pretty much everything except leadership and movement stars, but he's by no means bad. A staves is extremely good, especially coupled with 15% move again. 18 Magic is excellent and shouldn't have too many issues capping for endgame, while 16 Skill gives staves perfect accuracy. Then there's his A in Light, which gives him access to Lightning and Resire. Combat is a a huge mixed bag for him, because while he hits very hard and with good accuracy, his 12 Speed goes to atrocious levels when using magic. 23 HP/4 Defense isn't exactly useful if you plan on using Resire on physical units either, considering Mercenaries and Snipers will double him and Berserkers will kill him in a single hit.

That's pretty much it. 3 leadership stars are obviously nice to help avoid annoying Dark magic and status weapons at least.

6.25/10

Well, you can never have enough A-rank staffers.

However, I would argue hat his other features aren't worth that much.

Cyas has three leadership stars. However, for the first map he is playable they don't actually work on anyone but himself.

He can use light magic, but he is not going to kill anything with it because his speed is bad and the most remaining enemies are mages. And he has no PCC. He literally can't critical on a second hit.

He is one of the few people that can use Awareness. But what good does it do for him at that point? He does not have the power to take down Elf.

His HP is also very low, which might actually end up fatiguing him in the short amount of time he is playable.

Thankfully, having an A-Rank with staffs is still awesome and three leadership makes it easier for his team to deal with anything else, which sadly isn't too much in his case.

But Sara and Linian can kill stuff themselves. Salem was around at the time when his magic was actually useful and Tina and Saphy have the coolest staffs ever. Ultimately, I think that he doesn't provide much more then Sleuf.

8.0/10 - No reason to use him over Sety.

Ugh, this bastard. First time he appeared he wrecked my shit because I didn't know his leadership stars made the armors fucking hell.

A staves is great, 3 leadership stars is great, combat is not so great. Aside from ch24 with all it's dark mages, if Cyas is caught he's pretty much dead. This strictly restricts his combat to pot shotting, and while his shots are strong, your other magic units will probably be doubling everything Cyas can't. Basically Cyas is a great utility unit with decent chipping. Problem is he comes so late it doesn't really help as much as one would think. I dunno if he helps in 24x much because I promptly skipped that shit after trying it once. Just get Sety, at least he can destroy the maps he takes part in. Sety was much more useful for me, personally, than Cyas.

6/10 - 1 = 5/10 for bullshit armor brigade

Edited by Davinatorman

+1 bias for the time he marched into a squad of enemies and blasted them.

This guy's Sluef 2.0, and I kinda wish he had his 8 stars on recruitment.

Oh, and he's Alvis's bastard kid.

8/10, pretty handy when he's around, and doesn't shit around as an enemy

Why someone would use him over Sety escapes me.

It saved me a turn in a draft to grab Sety instead of recruiting him. That's about the only reason though.

Another staffbot, with auto-A, which is fantastic. But he doesn't have much time to make an impact; he's basically only good for Warping and Rescuing in 24x and F.

5/10