Rate the unit day 20: Nowi

Randa

Doesn't double in the start, but neither does: Vaike, Sully or Stahl.

Grows into an offensive juggernaut with a fantastic reclass set (Mage -> Sage gives her excellent offense, Mage -> Dark Mage -> Sorceror gives her Nosferatu, Mage -> Dark Knight fixes most of her durability problems and Mage -> Sage -> Valkyrie gives her some decent speed). I would say that in terms of rescuing, she beats Libra easily, and she also beats Anna once she gets Tomefaire and reclasses to Valkyrie..

Combat is fantastic once she starts doubling, especially as a Sorceror or Dark Knight. Defensively weak at first, as to be expected. But a Lissa pair up gives her pretty meaty chip, or a Chrom makes her double (She's got more base speed than the cavs or Vaike, and is better at offense than Stahl since she hits Res).

Bias because I find her character interesting.

7 + 1 = 8/10

Completely sums up my view including the bias. I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I thought I was gonna be the only one to rate her low

Miriel

+ Dark Mage is a nice tree and Troubadour gets her some good skills

+ Magic helps with enemies' low res and knights in the beginning

- Squishier than, like, a very squishy object

- Average growths

- Won't be doubling or doing much damage in the beginning, which can make training her annoying

- Needs to hide behind Lissa and Virion

- Should be named Squishiel

3.5/10 yet another unit that needs lots of attention before being good

Edit: Slightly adjusted score because I felt I was a bit too harsh

Edited by Owain Dark

Not great, but not horrible. She has her uses early on and some decent class choices. She's usually pretty offensively capable but not so hot on the defensive end.

5.5/10

This is why the bias system should never die.

EDIT: LOL, I love how Stahl is lower than Sully without bias, but he's higher than her with bias. It just goes to show how funny the entire system is.

+ 0.5 bias because I will totally bang his daughter

That's 1% per boob missing

8/10 bias score since he's not a cute pegasis/wyvern riding girl

Bias 9/10 for being the hottest chick in the game.

bias, because he makes ladies wet.

5/10 - I think Miriel is really hot but I cant give her a bias because her Man Hands just creep me out...

And there's more where those came from. Edited by Randa

she goes ugh a lot and that bugs me a ton

otherwise her durability sucks hard and thats a really bad thing in this game. needs a speed pairup to double for a long time, but needs a defence pairup to survive.

3-1 = 2/10

I'll second this one today. Miriel is a scrub and her personality is dumb.

Strangely enough, I've never had a Miriel who's had a very high magic growth rate, Ricken always seems to do better in that department.

Because Ricken is the mage right next to Miriel, the two are rather comparable.

Magic aside, Miriel is speedy and skilled while Ricken is more of the one who can take a hit or two. Miriel comes in earlier, though, and is easy enough to level up there anyway

Putting Ricken aside now because I think he's awesome and I'm worried about biasing I'll now focus on just Miriel

If your Miriel turns out to have good magic, then she's a blessing. Her great skill and speed growths will have her thunder critting and doubling within 2 levels if you have a good pair up with her. Considering the array of slow and 0-3 res enemies in the beginning of the game, Miriel is a call from the heavens once you get a few good levels. She will decimate a lot of things in her range.

Only problem is, she's ridiculously frail and can get 1 hitted by a strong enough Wyvern Rider or Fighter. Thankfully, she has dark mage to heavily compensate with the late-game sightings of Nosferatu and Ruin!

It's too bad that there are other characters later who can use magic and are durable.

7/10

Edited by The Fush

7.5/10.

Miriel isn't the most durable unit, but her magic prowess is very high. A promotion to Dark Knight or reclass to Dark Mage helps to keep her Enemy Phase nice and well. She's pretty usable among the early Shepherds, but the others are much better.

Miriel is a squishier but faster Ricken with better classes, so:

Pros:

+Generally fast

+Brings about Laurent

+Sorcerer available

+Access to actual magic-based classes

Cons:

-Bad growths in base class

-Easy to kill early on

-No Galeforce which also means no Galeforce for Laurent.

Overall I give her a 6.5/10, because while she isn't the greatest thing ever, she atleast has classes that revolve around magic and she is the mother of a cool guy.

Oh Miriel.

Pros:

Glass Cannon with da magic.

Decent Support pool.

Looks almost exactly like me.

Reclasses are decent.

Cons:

Squishy at base.

Growths are a bit lackluster.

I love me some Miriel. Shes hilarious and awesome. She can magic spam peeps before you get Tharja and Henry. She can also reclass to Dark Mage/Sorcerer for Vengeance and Nosteratu shenanigans. It also helps her squishiness a bit. She can go Dark Knight and fuck the police, Lifetaker is cool. She can support with any first gen guy barring Chrom. So shes got options for support partners.

But her bases are a little ehh. She's squishy and she knows it so dont have her on the front lines for a while. Her growths arent all that great. They are balanced (like Libra) but she wants more speed and defense. So having her with a speed and/or defense partner may help that in early game.

Overall, i love Miriel but she does have some issues and i usually find her a better mage than Ricken.

7/10

Miriel is a squishier but faster Ricken with better classes, so:

Pros:

+Generally fast

+Brings about Laurent

+Sorcerer available

+Access to actual magic-based classes

Cons:

-Bad growths in base class

-Easy to kill early on

-No Galeforce which also means no Galeforce for Laurent.

Overall I give her a 6.5/10, because while she isn't the greatest thing ever, she atleast has classes that revolve around magic and she is the mother of a cool guy.

I second this.

For starters, Miriel is quite glassy. A 3 def base and a 25% growth rate in it as a mage isn't very promising, not to mention having 18 base HP. However, her speed base and magic and speed growths are quite decent, and since she starts at lvl 1, she can turn out to be a powerful offensive force with relatively early doubling. Promoting her can give her staff utility with her decently high magic stat, though it will be limited to rescue staves for the most part and she will spend less time chucking magic at enemies. Reclassing into dark mage allows her to use nosferatu to make up for her lack of durability.

Miriel can also help to chip enemies for other units to kill early on even if you don't plan on using her, so that's something else going for her

6/10, her lack of durability is the one thing holding her back

Doesn't double in the start, but neither does: Vaike, Sully or Stahl.

Grows into an offensive juggernaut with a fantastic reclass set (Mage -> Sage gives her excellent offense, Mage -> Dark Mage -> Sorceror gives her Nosferatu, Mage -> Dark Knight fixes most of her durability problems and Mage -> Sage -> Valkyrie gives her some decent speed). I would say that in terms of rescuing, she beats Libra easily, and she also beats Anna once she gets Tomefaire and reclasses to Valkyrie..

Combat is fantastic once she starts doubling, especially as a Sorceror or Dark Knight. Defensively weak at first, as to be expected. But a Lissa pair up gives her pretty meaty chip, or a Chrom makes her double (She's got more base speed than the cavs or Vaike, and is better at offense than Stahl since she hits Res).

Bias because I find her character interesting.

7 + 1 = 8/10

Other people seem to be making my ratings for me.

Useful early game mage, but for me is always outclassed by later options, as well as Avatar.

Bad defences, but what do you expect. Can't double for a while, at least not for me.

Decent reclass options.

-1 because of her annoying "lookit-me-I'm-smart-because-I-use-big-words-and-am-socially-awkward" personality.

Also because her son is basically a male version of her.

6/10

Edit: Was not aware of the bias rule. To be fair, it's kind of a weird system. Glad it exists, though.

Edited by Hacksorus

Abysmal early game, shaky durability for 60% of the game, but becomes a slick offensive unit if she doesn't get mag screwed (or if you patch her up)

6/10

Edited by PK Gaming

Her bases aren't amazing, and her growths take time to kick in. She shouldn't be front and center, because she'll die to a stiff breeze. What makes her nifty is that she hits Res, and can hit from range. This means she won't be leveling fast, but it's better than doing nothing. If MU wants a magical boost plus someone to occasionally Dual Attack, she'll do the job nicely. Otherwise, she'll need babying to get up to speed.

This time, I will use my bias point, because hating on someone for sounding smart ain't cool.

7/10, positive bias included.

Day 10 opens.

Sumia the first horse bird of the game.

Pros

No other fliers for five chapters

Good growths

Good bases

It's actually possible to get her Galeforce in efficiency play

Cons

Shitty class set with just pego knights.

All in all 9.5/10. I don't think I really need to explain.

Sumia takes physical hits better than Miriel, and that is not something to brag about. She's great for tanking magic, flying, and doubling (which apparently everyone loves, but bleh), but having the same base strength as Virion is. . .bad. Her Strength growth is worse than Stahl and Vaike's Speed growth; she needs to be ON averages to hit double-digit Strength by the time she hits level 10. Her marriage options are terribly limited (thank everything that Frederick is one of them, as he provides everything she wants), and I am not a fan of her reclass set.

She's getting a -1 bias from me because the RNG hates her Strength and HP more than it hates Stahl's Speed.

8/10

Well, she is the only flier until Cornelia joins... at an level which I would consider to low for her to have any use.
She can get anywhere and take on anyone. If she can't beat them herself, she can carry others who can do the job.
As a result, she grows at an absurdly fast pace, eventually allowing her to take on a notable chunk of difficult to reach enemies entirely by herself.
And of course, she supports others with a heavy and extremely valuable speed boost. Which goes a long way to keep her useful, even when an annoying amount of archers are around.
With what little competition she faces for her impressively valuable contributions, I would say that she is definitely the best non-avatar unit in the game.

9/10, with a -1 bias

Because her "personality" is even worse then most of what Awakening has to offer in that regard.

It's not just shallow, annoying and agonizing but goes all the way to insanely stupid: If the enemies wouldn't kill her first, she would die from dropping off her Pegasus.

Edited by BrightBow

Only unit that's worse than the Female Avatar. Cuts a ridiculous amount of turns when the Avatar can't use Javelins because her lance rank is too low. Her stats can be patched up with tonics and supports. 9/10

Well, she is the only flier until Cornelia joins... at an level which I would consider to low for her to have any use.

She can get anywhere and take on anyone. If she can't beat them herself, she can carry others who can do the job.

As a result, she grows at an absurdly fast pace, eventually allowing her to take on a notable chunk of difficult to reach enemies entirely by herself.

And of course, she supports others with a heavy and extremely valuable speed boost. Which goes a long way to keep her useful, even when an annoying amount of archers are around.

With what little competition she faces for her impressively valuable contributions, I would say that she is definitely the best non-avatar unit in the game.

9/10, with a -1 bias

Because her "personality" is even worse then most of what Awakening has to offer in that regard.

It's not just shallow, annoying and agonizing but goes all the way to insanely stupid: If the enemies wouldn't kill her first, she would die from dropping off her Pegasus.

Count this as my vote as well.

Sumia's amazing.

In her joining chapter, she doubles everything right from the get-go, and she grows pretty fast. Give her a Frederick or Kellam support? She then 1RKO's everything on the map except the boss, knights, myrms (though I think she 1RKO's them paired with Frederick and not Kellam, I forgot), and the fighters. Pretty great, huh? Since she's the only available flier until Cordelia, I'd say she's definitely worth being used. And FE13 is really biased for fliers during Chapters 8, 9, and 10, so even more kills she can rake.

Her growths are solid, but that 45% STR growth could cause some problems. She's a good candidate for an energy drop, but getting STR screwed is NOT what she wants. Her class set may be limiting, but why would you reclass her to anything else other than PK? Knight/General!Sumia could fix her STR, but it makes her worse as a combat unit and she loses flight and MOV. Great Knight sounds pretty nice for her, though, but again, that flight.

Her pairing options...I wish she could pair with Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu, etc. It's a shame they're so horribly limiting. :/ But Male!Avatar/Sumia is awesome, no surprise, Frederick/Sumia is a really good pairing, Chrom/Sumia can be pretty great, Henry/Sumia makes her make more use of her MAG than her STR if she promotes to Dark Flier (which she probably should), which is actually useful during the Valm arc since enemies have worse RES than DEF, and I haven't done Gaius/Sumia, but I heard it's apparently better than Chrom/Sumia. Either way, all five pairings make Cynthia a powerhouse, which makes ZM really happy.

I think I rambled on enough now.

9.3/10, +.5 bias for being Cynthia's mom. 9.8/10

Sumia is pretty fantastic.

+ Flier that joins early.

+ Has fantastic bases.

+ Access to Pegasus AND Knight Tree. What a boss mother.

+ Inhumanly high speed.

+ Mother to Cynthia.

- Awful strength past the early game.

- Great class selection isn't so great in campaign.

She gets past her durability problems by having crazy good evasion, flight and relief, which has its value.

Her Str problems start to show around the time you want to reclass her, but a few levels of Dark Flier will fix that.

Sage is perfectly usable after Dark Flier, although it's probably best to forgo stats this far into the game and stick with DF.

9/10. She's got her own problems, but they're small potatoes compared to how awesome her perks are.

No bias; as much as I'm tired of her allocated personality quirk, her moe noises still make me laugh and she's mother to Cynthia.

Edited by LunaSaint

Pros

Speeeeed

Good growths overall

Early flier it's very useful

The perfect example of how a Pegaus knight should be

Cons

Too much speed. Seriously, I really don't need 9 more attack speed than the enemy mirmidons

Stength is too low

Too frail in the beginning, she begs for pair ups and supports....

... Aaand she doesn't have a lot of supports.

A great Pegasus Knight, with its assets and flaws. She's best kept as a PK because the other classes aren't too good, and because of that she's sort of a situational character: there is really no need to field her everytime like a omg lifesaver. Nice resistance though, that's useful in Awakening.

8/10. I don't give a heck about Cynthia, we're rating SUMIA here. Actually, I think giving her a non-bias vote based on being Cytnhia's mother is against the RTU's rules. Pretty solid character though.

BTW, unrelated, IMO the other Peg is better.