Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

The inactivity is good if you're mafia, and trying not to be lynched. If you're town, it's terrible. I TRIED to say something about tone in Masquerade, but I was mafia, so I was written off as "scumlogic". However, what I said holds true - if you're doing things like aggressively pushing someone whose post quality has tanked, it doesn't make for a fun game (nor does it make for a good read on the accused, since I can think of at least three non-alignment reasons why someone would do that).

Play to win, but make sure that "to win" is restricted to the game only - if your posts are seriously affecting someone's mood/your own mood is seriously affected by external forces, it's gone beyond the game.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't we had that already

edit: going through ideas list, i might be interested in the shakespear mafia with eclipse, and put me down for a Super Dangan Mafia 2 after whenever Prims' game is

Edited by Psych

I see. My game will be different mechanically (it's not even planned to be in the DN universe flavour-wise) so I suppose I can just call it something else?

Submitting LolMafia (14player NOC No RolePM posting) game (or you could call it FE6 Mafia, that'd be better).

Cohosting with Sangyul.

I'd say we need a checker but naw, we got this

Edited by Elieson

I nominate Death Note: Not Bastard (yes, I was in that one, and yes, Snike killed me, and no, I haven't forgiven him, and why are you still reading this?)

yo real talk for a sec, I don't intentionally try to upset people or insult them. I just speak my mind a lot in the context of mafia and this has gotten worse recently since I can be neurotic at times (leading to shit like fffff being full rage mode for most of D2) but I don't like making people mad. I'm sorry if I unintentionally offend anybody and if you think I'm out to get you then I'm almost certainly not, I don't outright dislike many people and when I do I try to just avoid them instead of being super confrontational.

Golden Rule time: If someone were to call you/someone you really like that, would you get offended? If the answer is YES, then that has no place in a mafia argument. Picking apart logic is fine. Aiming for the person behind the role PM is not. Mafia is a game, and thus should be fun. Having insults hurled in my general direction is NOT FUN. Neither are people who intentionally want to ruin a game.

If you're not in a good place, mentally, find something else to do for a bit. It seems like a lot of us are going through a rough time now, so more than ever, we need to be kind to one another.

I have a few things to say myself. I felt like I need to finally get it out. Some of this is directed at Prims, it's mostly directed towards everyone though. I'm putting it in a spoiler because it's long and gay.

Okay so a couple of years ago (and last year) I was really antagonizing towards a few people here. I either held them on a pedestal, envied them, or both. This is a bad habit that I developed over years of being emotionally abused by a few certain people, sometimes very severely, and I got depressed and started picking up unhealthy behaviors and methods of thinking as the self-deprecation got worse and worse.

I have a lot of issues. Instead of working through these issues, I ran away from them and got really addicted to mafia because I felt it was the only thing that gave me self-worth. I had slight suicidal thoughts last winter because I was failing two classes and started having anxiety attacks in games, yelled at people, and subbed out. The reason I left wasn't because of anyone here. I know I acted like I hated some people here, and that I blamed them for my problems, especially Prims because all I ever did was argue with him in games over personal feelings and accused him of stupid shit and I am so sorry for that. I am so sorry that I did that and I'm sorry to anyone and everyone else I did that to because there are a few of you and I apologized to most of you privately already.

I left because I really needed to stop taking mafia personally and focus on me and my irl issues that I kept running away from. Helios helped yell some sense into me; it hurt at first but I know he was only trying to help me and I'm thankful for that. I'm back now because I'm a lot calmer and I don't blame anyone for anything anymore. I don't think anyone dislikes me and I don't dislike anyone here AT ALL, like I don't think there's anyone that plays mafia here that I actively dislike. (There are a few people OUTSIDE of mafia here that I dislike but that's irrelevant).

If you dislike me or have an issue with me, PLEASE be honest. I promise I won't do what I did in the past and flip out on you, talk shit about you, vagueblog about you, or whatever the fuck. I'm sorry I did all of that and I know I'm still not perfect now and there are things I still need to learn and improve, but I'm going to start by easing into mafia again with a new mindset. Obviously I can't play much because I have to focus on school soon and getting my grades back up where they used to be and possibly getting outside help for my bad mental health, but it feels so much better to get this out. Again I am so sorry if I antagonized you in the past over a forum game.

I WILL still get nervous and stressed over games but I will NOT take it out on you. If I start to get passive-aggressive or emotional and I don't notice, please let me know and I'll go away to cool off. Thank you and again I'm sorry. I ruined some potential friendships and that sucks but I learned from that.

LMAO I BROKE MY FUCKING TAGS GJ ME

Edited by Viata