Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Well, she is my S-Support... and also an Arena Core unit. I give her a tad more priority than your "probably smarter" approach. (On the subject of bonus units, I think my Olivia has enough Value to be used as a bonus unit on her rotation).

But still, 50 defence against melees. You'd think she'd trivialise Michalis's melee-only BHB on that alone. I'll give her Hinoka and Caeda on my next attempt, most likely...

I should change my S-Support soon, since Sigurd has long ago maxed HM. 

Its Olivia-time next week? Then I'll need only 8k feathers to give her some merges, which can be obtained from TT ranking/HM farming. 

Since my last promotion has been out of need for Lyn-counters (Cecilia) and that one before for arena scoring and partly fun (Galeforce for Cherche), I think I can use some feathers for personal preferences. Done: 

Spoiler

L9yLZBs.png

Too bad Joshua would have been also a source for windsweep ... another fun project delayed. 

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I didn't hesitate even for a second. @mcsilas @eclipse

0PY3kB6.png

He's got the works. Bonfire, CC, Seal ATK 3, Threaten SPD 3, Bonfire and the ATK Smoke 3 seal. All he needs kit wise is Draw Back and of course, SP.

He's actually not quite finished. This is neutral Matt. The acquisition of a +ATK Matt will bump his ATK to a respectable 41 and the +1 will take his SPD up to 37. Meaning you'll need 42 speed to double him. Basically, good luck killing him.

All I need is that +ATK Matt, raising him again after the merge should give me enough SP to finally complete this guy.

Edited by Zeo

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Well...I really hope that they never put out that volume of weapon upgrades again, because that combat simulator update bordered on painful. Hope I did everything right.

In other news, Wrathful Gravity+ Elise managed to rekindle my desire to play the Tempest Trials. She is so much fun to use.

Oooh, you inspired me to do my Elise and now I'm enjoying TT again!

Also she just had had enough SP to get all her new tools. Just delaying the Wrathful/Dazzling staff decision but she has the SP to learn it.

Now I just need to gain ore SP while we have double SP weekend.

@Zeo Nice! Let me know how his new weapon works out!

I think I have a +Atk one somewhere. He's a bit down on the priority list to feather though.

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Nice! Let me know how his new weapon works out!

I think I have a +Atk one somewhere. He's a bit down on the priority list to feather though.

He wouldn't be anyway. As far as the dagger users go in comparison to Matt? Jaffar is in a league of his own at this point so I won't even mention him. Felicia and Jakob fill different roles and Gaius is kind of in the middle between Matt/Saizo and Kagero having more offensive power but less overall bulk. Only two are really relevant in the scheme of things. Saizo and Kagero.

Kagero eclipses him as an offensive Dagger unit can can run Poison for specialization or run Silver Dagger+ for over 50 ATK for general combat, she can't quite tank like he can though so you wouldn't give her a Rogue Dagger, plus it's a waste of her attack power.

Saizo is actually where Matt really hurts here. He's got +ATK Matt's offensive power by default and can build on that by 3 points if he's +ATK himself. He's not quite as solid as a tank with 5 less HP and 1-2 less RES, but if you run a +ATK/-DEF Saizo he's got comparable bulk and his offensive power blows him out of the water. He's a superior Rogue and Smoke dagger user objectively where as Matt edges him out as simply being the best Dagger wall in the game.

Only thing is that Matt's one of my favorites so I'm biased. But in the scheme of things, if you're going to build a Dagger unit in this new meta, Kagero or Saizo is the way to go. You're not getting the best of anything with Gaius, he's got the most speed, but I'd only build him if you like him. As far as general (not limited) daggers go: Matt's the best wall, Saizo's the best debuffer, Kagero's the best offensively, Felicia's the best mage counter and Gaius is kind of the middle man.

And Jakob... is Jakob.

Edited by Zeo

48 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

On Twitter, it turns out that IS screwed up with the post-combat effects description or something so we're getting these as compensation:

I believe it's referring to the glitch where it's become extremely difficult to tap on and view a unit's passive skills in battle. 

23 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I believe it's referring to the glitch where it's become extremely difficult to tap on and view a unit's passive skills in battle. 

omg. If that's a thing, I'm super relieved. I honestly just thought I had dropped my phone one too many times, and it was getting hard to tap on anything in that particular corner. 

I'm almost done building my Fjorm. I only need about 80 more sacred coins to get deflect missile 3. That hard thing about Fjorm is the bread and butter builds will remove what her niche to tanking mages. Also I'm a bit disappointed that Ice Mirror only procs from 2 spaces away. It would be more impressive if it allowed for 1-2 range, making her all the more tanker. 

Spoiler

bQSrSRl.png

Kinda late to be asking this, but does anyone like Dorcas for himself and not the memes?

I decided to read through his Blazing supports, and I think he's fairly likable. Not a complex character or anything, but good for what he has. He's a devoted husband, a down to earth mild man who earns his living through fighting which he is good at, but isn't battle thirsty warrior nor a pacifist.

His Vaida support, to get it out of the way, is legendarily bad. Yet his four supports do a good job of contrasting him with the other person involved. Bartre is a brainless brute.  Farina is really in it for the money (although her Fiora reveals that it isn't all greed, some is out of selflessness). Oswin fights for a collective, while Dorcas fight for an individual. Geitz is searching for existential meaning in life, while Dorcas has earthly meaning in his life.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda late to be asking this, but does anyone like Dorcas for himself and not the memes?

I decided to read through his Blazing supports, and I think he's fairly likable. Not a complex character or anything, but good for what he has. He's a devoted husband, a down to earth mild man who earns his living through fighting which he is good at, but isn't battle thirsty warrior nor a pacifist.

His Vaida support, to get it out of the way, is legendarily bad. Yet his four supports do a good job of contrasting him with the other person involved. Bartre is a brainless brute.  Farina is really in it for the money (although her Fiora reveals that it isn't all greed, some is out of selflessness). Oswin fights for a collective, while Dorcas fight for an individual. Geitz is searching for existential meaning in life, while Dorcas has earthly meaning in his life.

I've never been a fan of Dorcas, not even memes make me like him. He sucks terribly and I usually tend to choose Bartre over him, despite one can work him out ~

Anyways, the legendary banner sucks. I'm leaving this at a 10% pity rate doing 4 full sessions and getting mostly 3☆ units, so screw it. I'll save for Shiro and Rhajat.

I just recently thought about SelenaCelina and how she might be introduced in Heroes, ifwhen she will. In Sacred Stones, she has Bolting and Thunder affinity, so can’t be anything than a blue mage knight to join R&O and Ursula.

What if Bolting became a firesweep tome? Siege tomes can’t be counterattacked in the main series, and I always thought Faye’s firesweep bow was a reference to Valentian archers’ superior range. But then firesweep lance and sword came and ruined this theory.

Edited by Vaximillian

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I just recently thought about SelenaCelina and how she might be introduced in Heroes, ifwhen she will. In Sacred Stones, she has Bolting and Thuder affinity, so can’t be anything than a blue mage knight to join R&O and Ursula.

What if Bolting became a firesweep tome? Siege tomes can’t be counterattacked in the main series, and I always thought Faye’s firesweep bow was a reference to Valentian archers’ superior range. But then firesweep lance and sword came and ruined this theory.

Not a bad idea, it'd make Bolting work better and easier than making a Range 3 tome. Calill would get Meteor obviously since she comes with it in two games. Not sure who to give Blizzard to, Bastian? Or they could just give it to anyone, since -wolf, -owl, -raven, and -blade don't exist in any FE but Heroes and yet people get them.

This reminds me, why the Silver equivalent of Wind Magic Rexcalibur? It's Tornado dammit! Why'd Awakening have to go and nerf Tellius's ultimate Wind tome to mere Silver status never mind that it's weaker than a Silver Axe in both games? They already threw Excalibur into Awakening, so they had no need to reference that with Rexcalibur. Bring back Tornado! And Shaver too!

6 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

Do additional Water Blessings stay in the inventory if Fjorm is merged or sent home?

I have two since I managed to plus one mine and they are both in my inventory.  I don't know what would happen if if you send her home and I don't feel like trying:P 

Edited by EricaofRenais

9 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

Do additional Water Blessings stay in the inventory if Fjorm is merged or sent home?

Blessings are ordinary items, nothing wil hapen.

@Interdimensional Observer: I refuse to accept that this is not Tornado, I refuse! And yes, Calill with Meteor and Bastian with Blizzard would make sense.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

If that were true Reinhardt should be rated as one of the worst units in the game, being a cavalry, mage, brave weapon user, and thus the lowest stats in the game. : /

I don't know where you got the idea that I was suggesting that stats are the only thing that matters when rating characters.

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

The inability to counter attack is far more common than braves, I think, especially considering most units simply can't counter 50% of units.

A bit over a quarter of the units in this game are red, but my Fae doesn't care about their existence because she never engages in combat with them. Situations that don't happen or shouldn't happen (because we assume a player is competent when we compare characters that are controlled by players) do not need to be taken into consideration.

Not to mention the actual situation is "being unable to counterattack and being slow enough to be double attacked". Deflect skills don't do squat if the opponent can't hit you more than once, after all.

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

On Twitter, it turns out that IS screwed up with the post-combat effects description or something so we're getting these as compensation:

5 Orbs

50 Refining Stones

500 Arena Medals

4 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

3 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

omg. If that's a thing, I'm super relieved. I honestly just thought I had dropped my phone one too many times, and it was getting hard to tap on anything in that particular corner. 

No, it's a clarification that after-battle effects on weapons only occur if the unit attacks (whereas passive skills have their effects occur regardless, but only if the unit survives combat).

This has always been a thing since release, and they are finally fixing it.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I just recently thought about SelenaCelina and how she might be introduced in Heroes, ifwhen she will. In Sacred Stones, she has Bolting and Thunder affinity, so can’t be anything than a blue mage knight to join R&O and Ursula.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a bad idea, it'd make Bolting work better and easier than making a Range 3 tome.

But I want Firesweep Rng 3 siege tomes and longbows. Rng 2 alone is not enough to make them fun to use. With Firesweep built in, it would also prevent units with Close Counter and Distant Counter from being a nuisance. It is time to make my little ponies terrifying magical again.

Shoutouts to this Felicia beating me to my Matthew build.

0mlSlc8.jpg

Swap out Glacies for Bonfire and Spur Spd for likely Threaten SPD (SPD Smoke would be optimal) and finally Close DEF 3 for ATK Smoke 3. 

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about Matt's low Attack. He hits 41 on Being +ATK alone at +0. Suddenly I wish I'd given Matthew the Water Blessing instead of S!Frederick.

tumblr_p08z1hneOr1sn35pqo1_1280.png

After getting some basic upgrades for Gwendolyn, Sheena, and Frederick, I picked Effie as my first recipient of a fully refined weapon!

Not sure who's next. Probably a second upgrade for one of those first three, to complete their weapon? After that, I'll have enough Divine Dew that I could get Blazing Durandal for Eliwood, but I think I'll hold off on that because I haven't been using him a ton. (And now that I have Sigurd and Seth, I'll probably be using him even less.) So I'll probably save up a bit more for Michalis instead.

8 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm almost done building my Fjorm. I only need about 80 more sacred coins to get deflect missile 3. That hard thing about Fjorm is the bread and butter builds will remove what her niche to tanking mages. Also I'm a bit disappointed that Ice Mirror only procs from 2 spaces away. It would be more impressive if it allowed for 1-2 range, making her all the more tanker. 

Hide contents

bQSrSRl.png

Why Deflect Missile? Why not Distant Def or Deflect Magic? Deflect Missile would only matter against A. Close Counter bow/dagger units that can double Fjorm (IE. +SPD Takumi), Brave Bow+ Archers or Firesweep Bow+ Archers.

You use whatever you want, I just feel like you have better Seal options for her.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Shoutouts to this Felicia beating me to my Matthew build.

0mlSlc8.jpg

Swap out Glacies for Bonfire and Spur Spd for likely Threaten SPD (SPD Smoke would be optimal) and finally Close DEF 3 for ATK Smoke 3. 

Suddenly I don't feel so bad about Matt's low Attack. He hits 41 on Being +ATK alone at +0. Suddenly I wish I'd given Matthew the Water Blessing instead of S!Frederick.

while the effort for this Felicia is amazing, her built is fucking terrible. Close counter is definitly not something anyone should run on Felicia. This built is undermining her one streanght she has: RES, and trying to fix a weakness one cant fix on her: DEF

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, it's a clarification that after-battle effects on weapons only occur if the unit attacks (whereas passive skills have their effects occur regardless, but only if the unit survives combat).

This has always been a thing since release, and they are finally fixing it.

Well RIP then. I guess I did drop my phone one too many times. XD Ever since the update, I've had trouble clicking on the passives to see what they do.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Well RIP then. I guess I did drop my phone one too many times. XD Ever since the update, I've had trouble clicking on the passives to see what they do.

Nah, if it's what I think it is, it's a known bug with the iOS version. Is it specifically with the ones at the top of the screen during a map?

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's not just you. It's been happening on mine as well. Pretty sure it's a thing that happened with the new update.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Nah, if it's what I think it is, it's a known bug with the iOS version. Is it specifically with the ones at the top of the screen during a map?

Yeah. I noticed it during the new book chapters when I tried to view the new skills for everyone. I could view them, but I had to hold my tongue just right and tap like a madman.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's not just you. It's been happening on mine as well. Pretty sure it's a thing that happened with the new update.

Okay. XD Phew. Relief. I'm generally careful with my phone, and it's good to me. I get a little weirded out when this stuff happens.