Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ayra has a superior enemy phase but Karla's player phase is superior, at least based on my theories.

This is correct.

Ayra has a slightly stronger first round of combat due to her naturally higher bulk, but Karla has slightly stronger subsequent rounds of combat due to hitting for more damage on her instant Moonbows.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I tell you what, a +10 merged HP boon Karel sporting 70 HP, Wrath and Vengeance outperforms both of them at some point :X.

Still doesn't justify him being a *5 exclusive! He and Lyn need to demote. Now.

@mcsilas I enjoy the gold border around my units, gives me a clear idea of who I can and should use or not. But I've already tasted the power of boosted stats and investments along with the struggles of low barracks space and it gets to a point where you simply have more copies of a unit than you need.

Having a *5 Lon'Qu would probably "feel" cooler to me. But objectively what I have right now is a *5+5 that didn't even cost me 20k feathers. When he gets a refine I can premote that copy, merge it into him and make him an absolute monster and in the long run if I'm not planning on *5+10'ing him (which I'm not) then this is probably the best investment possible. Fir is already *4+10 with Nameless Blade. All she's waiting for is to be built.

Then you think about all those units that flood your barracks. Oboro, Est, Raigh, Titania, Beruka, Laslow, Donnel. I have close to *4+10's of every unit I named. It's bittersweet if you decide you want to go the distance and merge *5+10 (like I almost decided I wanted to do with Donnel) but potentially in the long run and guaranteed in the short term it's better for QoL. You get increased barracks space and a potentially powerful *5+5 unit if you choose to build them.

I have a +SPD/-DEF Raigh at *4+10. Now as far as red mages go he's pretty bottom of the barrel, but at his merge level he's got 34/34 offenses which is solid. Sure he could have 2 more points in each stat if he was *5+10 (which is effectively 200k more feathers) but that's an unlikely investment at this point and when his prf and refine drops, I'm dropping it on a unit with a solid offensive spread.

@Zeo I've got a 4*+10 Oboro and Est in my main, and they're good enough for me. Oboro is fun to use with Fury, she has pretty high Def. I just get too many Ests, but hey at least I got a +Atk one to work with.

That said I think for my alt I'm going to promote her to 5 star instead so I can get her confession. Plus I have a funny +Res Berkut's Lance build planned for her (other candidates for the Lance is Effie, V!Eliwood and maybe Mathilda out of favouritism but low priority in case she gets a prf or also gets access to Rhomphaia...would've been a nice sensible evolution from Ridersbane!)

Oh and I guess 4*+10 Olivia counts as well.

But yeah I msotly merge those with bad fodder.

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Genny is in Celica’s army and you start out with her

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

You mean like turn her into pseudo healer through Renewal+Ardent Sacrifice and maybe Breath of Life? I guess you could do that but if all you want is a Valentian healer Genny would probably better. She even comes from the same priory as Celica so is arguably a better friend of hers than Faye.

If Faye ever actually made it into Heroes in what is arguably her best class in SoV though and she received her Anew spell (basically the Dance/Sing of the game) then yeah she should be the healer.

If I ever do such an emblem I'll try healerless first. Perhaps I'll make one OG Celica a pseudo healer, never got around to give someone DD3. 

8 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, with the newest “Brave” banner comes a new age of powercreep. The developers have no excuse anymore to give refines to DC weapons such as Siegfried and Gradivus. Death Blow 4 opens the window for the rest of the “Blow” skills to get their tier 4 versions as well as stuff like Swift Sparrow 3 in the future. Same with Quick Riposte 4 and new seals in the form of Distant Counter and Close Counter. 

Too early to judge. One 200SP skill getting a upgrade doesn't speak for every skill in the game. Much less 240SP skills and those in the B and C slot. I'll wait a few more months to see where they're heading with this concept

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Too early to judge. One 200SP skill getting a upgrade doesn't speak for every skill in the game. Much less 240SP skills and those in the B and C slot. I'll wait a few more months to see where they're heading with this concept

I’m just talking about the rest of the “Blow” skills that aren’t Savage Blow. It's the next stage of powercreep. You can’t just give one an upgrade and leave its counterparts hanging. They’ll just slowly give those skills to new 5* Heroes or worse, give them to legendary or seasonal variants. 

29 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Brave Ike first introduced the concept of lowering damage by a percentage outside of defensive specials, and not only did units after his release start getting similar skills, but new weapons and weapon refines also began adding such, and even the Deflect Sacred Seals came after B!Ike.

Not just him either, Brave Lyn introduced the concept of ignoring Field Buffs, and since then a number of weapons and skills began holding similar functionality.

...maybe it's not as bad as I'm making it out to seem, but if the first Brave Heroes introduced previously unseen skill traits or abilities that later became more common, it does not feel unrealistic to gain the ability to forge DC weapons or Tier 4 skills, or at least Tier 4 Blow skills, which may also lead to Tier 4 Stance skills.

Edited by Xenomata

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They’ll just slowly give those skills to new 5* Heroes or worse, give them to legendary or seasonal variants. 

I'm hoping we get another massive update where all of the units with Blow 3 skills at 4* rarity get the Blow 4 version at 5* rarity. Similar to how the killer weapons became able to upgrade into slaying. Granted, they will probably wait long enough for many people to sacrifice 5* exclusive characters for Blow 4 skills first.

I don't think the Swift Sparrow line of skills will ever get a 3rd tier. Blow 4 skills match the +8 stat boost that those skills have. I would like to see the stat+ skills go up to 4 and maybe even HP+7 for it's 4th tier. 

A warning for all of you. There's a glitch that deletes a character's inherited skills. This may or may not have something to do with skills sets. I'd recommend avoiding the skill set option right now until there's a answer for why this is happening

Edited by silveraura25

I was about to post a video I just saw about that, lol.

Perhaps I should post it anyway.

Edited by Sunwoo

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

A warning for all of you. There's a glitch that deletes a character's inherited skills. This may or may not have something to do with skills sets. I'd recommend avoiding the skill set option right now until there's a answer for why this is happening

From what I’ve heard, it only affects Calvary units. Though no one is sure yet.

Should we make a thread informing about it?

Edited by Water Mage

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yes but 0 SP @lvl 40?

He’s looking at this unit through his friend list. When you look at them from there the HM and SP isn’t displayed.

Spoiler

osmuDIh.png

Here’s an example of someone from my friend list and as you can see the HM and SP is blank despite also being fully built.

Oh god. That is terrifying. Is there a good place with more info on it? Searching on Reddit seems to imply someone had it happen to their Zelgius and another their PA Azura, so not just cavalry if that is accurate.

Normally bugs/glitches I just find amusing and assume they will be quickly fixed. This is not amusing.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

There was a BK with Steady Breath that had gone missing quite some time ago. This issue has been around for quite some time.

I hope for IS's sake there's a SI history for units as they can't just take a person's word as proof that their unit had certain skills inherited. If not, I don't know how many orbs will fix this mess. I've heard someone spent money to get a skill for SI only for it be deleted from the unit that got it.

@Ice DragonHow serious of an issue do you see this being?

Edited by silveraura25

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

NOOO, does this mean my Frederick is in danger? I gave him most of his skills a long time ago, but the other day I gave him QR3 which is a 5 star only skill. And his entire current skillset is inherited. I'd better go check him just in case...

Okay, he's safe...right now. The SI I gave him but later replaced is still there too (I used to have a Brave Axe build on him). I hope he doesn't get destroyed later though...

But yeah, IS has to know about this. And compensate us for it too, this is a really bad error.

@silveraura25 not @Ice Dragon but this is seems like an issue that not even compensation orbs can completely solve. And the only reason I say that is because seasonal skills/weapons are a thing.

Even though the video didn’t mention it, you can see that weapons are affected too because her -blade tome was also missing.

So with that in mind, say my Florina were to lose her Tannenboom! and Distant Counter. Naturally, I’d be pretty darn pissed. Her DC is available from three different sources and one of them is permanently available in the summoning pool. Her Tannenboom! on the other hand isn’t as easy to recover. It’s only source is from Santa Robin and I can’t just roll for Santa Robin anytime I feel like it because he’s not even available in the permanent summoning pool so I’d have to wait until who-knows-when for him to even get his rerun before even attempting to recover what’s been lost.

Of course that was only hypothetical and the gravity of this issue is largely dependent on what the individual has lost and it’s quite rare as no one even seems to know what triggers it but the damage that has already been done to other users and the danger of the bug itself is still great (possibly game breaking?) compared to pretty much any previous issue Heroes has had at this point.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

49 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

How serious of an issue do you see this being?

Only if you actually get hit by it and only until it gets fixed. This is something that I'd imagine IS to not only fix and give compensation for, but also to return any lost skills, assuming they've been keeping an audit trail of what people have in their boxes.

I haven't touched the skill sets feature yet and currently have no plans to due to the way it was implemented not being particularly useful to me.

I'm hearing now that the type of units it affects varies from player to player, as in, one player may have their cav units affected while another would have their armor units get hit. I checked a ton of my units, and it seems like none have been affected.

Though I haven't used the skillsets feature either, for the same reason Ice Dragon said, it's not very useful to me right now.

It's been going on for a bit for a fair few people is what it seems to me, first saw complaints on r/FEH a few weeks back. Can confirm that I'm unaffected as yet.

I haven't touched skillsets since the first time I went in there and I made nothing then anyway, seemed too limited. Feeling pretty relieved it hasn't affected me yet.

41 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@silveraura25 not @Ice Dragon but this is seems like an issue that not even compensation orbs can completely solve. And the only reason I say that is because seasonal skills/weapons are a thing.

Even though the video didn’t mention it, you can see that weapons are affected too because her -blade tome was also missing.

So with that in mind, say my Florina were to lose her Tannenboom! and Distant Counter. Naturally, I’d be pretty darn pissed. Her DC is available from three different sources and one of them is permanently available in the summoning pool. Her Tannenboom! on the other hand isn’t as easy to recover. It’s only source is from Santa Robin and I can’t just roll for Santa Robin anytime I feel like it because he’s not even available in the permanent summoning pool so I’d have to wait until who-knows-when for him to even get his rerun before even attempting to recover what’s been lost.

Of course that was only hypothetical and the gravity of this issue is largely dependent on what the individual has lost and it’s quite rare as no one even seems to know what triggers it but the damage that has already been done to other users and the danger of the bug itself is still great (possibly game breaking?) compared to pretty much any previous issue Heroes has had at this point.

Just asking him as I'm curious as to how serious this is from a programmer's viewpoint. I've seen Ice talk about how serious a data breach is, but errors that cause the deletion of vital data seems pretty serious to me unless they have a SI history of players' accounts. I feel as though they should address it already as it gives off a sense of dread like there's a armed mine in your living room that you could easily step on

People would be reporting their horses being hit (or armours or whatever) because they would likely have had a full horse team in the skill set that bugged out.

Now if IS don't have a backup of what skills these units lost, then obviously the only proper solution to give every current unit of every player every possible skill that they're eligible for. :P Yes, I totally had Swift Sparrow on all 700 of my units and they can't prove otherwise!