So I had 13 orbs and made one last pull on the Legendary with a 9 pity rate. Frederick/M!Corrin/Tailtiu. At least I got drive speed fodder. Would have liked to break the pity, but at least 9 isn't a high pity. Not like poor Humanoid.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had 13 orbs and made one last pull on the Legendary with a 9 pity rate. Frederick/M!Corrin/Tailtiu. At least I got drive speed fodder. Would have liked to break the pity, but at least 9 isn't a high pity. Not like poor Humanoid.

@mampfoid@mcsilas@Alkaid Thank you all for your well wishes, it totally worked! No spectacular multi five-star pull or anything, but I'd have bitten the hand off anyone offering me just one 5-star of any description, and that's what I got.

4* Priscilla +Res -Def
5* Horse Ephraim +Spd -HP
4* Kagero +Res -HP
3* Maria +Atk -Res
4* Henry +Atk -Spd

180 orbs for a single Ephraim is expensive to be sure, so I guess I'll have to appreciate him all the more. I already had one but he is -atk, so while +spd doesn't do a whole lot for him, the neutral attack is a big improvement.

It was somewhat fortunate that this week was wind week, as my optimal Chain Challenge team is my Wind team - Horse Roy, Reinhardt, Gunnthra and Clarine.  They managed to clear the 10-map CCs for chapters 1-6 of Book 2, which along with arena rewards got me to 23 orbs. Only three CCs remain so any delusions of further summoning is firmly off the table.

P.S. Torn on whether to put Horse Eirika in my fire team to have the twins together, or into the Wind team where she'd probably be better suited as the team lacks blade mages.

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@mampfoid@mcsilas@Alkaid Thank you all for your well wishes, it totally worked! No spectacular multi five-star pull or anything, but I'd have bitten the hand off anyone offering me just one 5-star of any description, and that's what I got.

4* Priscilla +Res -Def
5* Horse Ephraim +Spd -HP
4* Kagero +Res -HP
3* Maria +Atk -Res
4* Henry +Atk -Spd

180 orbs for a single Ephraim is expensive to be sure, so I guess I'll have to appreciate him all the more. I already had one but he is -atk, so while +spd doesn't do a whole lot for him, the neutral attack is a big improvement.

It was somewhat fortunate that this week was wind week, as my optimal Chain Challenge team is my Wind team - Horse Roy, Reinhardt, Gunnthra and Clarine.  They managed to clear the 10-map CCs for chapters 1-6 of Book 2, which along with arena rewards got me to 23 orbs. Only three CCs remain so any delusions of further summoning is firmly off the table.

P.S. Torn on whether to put Horse Eirika in my fire team to have the twins together, or into the Wind team where she'd probably be better suited as the team lacks blade mages.

Oooo congrats!

maybe horse eirika can remove bulky green units standing in Ephraim’s way? 

As for Henry good points. I might ask for more opinions on the other thread since Blue Lyn has served well sofar in my arena team. Maybe Henry should be more of an AA reserve

@Humanoid Congrats! Glad you at least got something pretty good in the end. +spd will be nice to help him avoid some extra doubles, so that's a fairly good catch. Good to see you managed to avoid getting IV cursed in the end.

Since I am not really interested in the new banner, I decided to try for another Ryouma and got him. +Atk -Hp, a truly vast improvement over my old +Def -Spd one. Now he is definitely more than worth raising!

Took a crack at getting Dorcas. Green orbs were scarce as usual. Never more than one or two but there was one session there was none. This happened every. single. time.

Then of course on my very last summon when I've exhausted all source of orbs and only have 11 there are 3 green orbs and I'll never be able to shake the feeling that there may have been a *5 in that one. God I hate that so much. Outside of the Barst I pulled at the beginning nothing of worth aside from 2 Ravens. Almost a waste.

3.75 rate. Will be certain to break it before the banner is over though, the *5 pool is amazing for greens so even if I don't get a Dorcas I'll get something amazing regardless, just gotta keep at it.

@Zeo Sorry to hear that, bet you'll get him as a pity breaker soon. 

Meanwhile I got nine 3* units in a row while trying for Hinoka. I'm not very efficient, spending every 5 orbs I get immediately, but I'm not getting more than 1 colorless orb per session anyway. 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Humanoid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Rezzy

Guess what, I finally got Inigo in my second account!

tumblr_inline_p89tnwp0af1tqh17p_500.png

I now have all the PA dancers! He is +HP/-Res which is decent, and it took 20 orbs today (down to 88 now) so not too bad! 

In my main account, I decided to try again for Jakob because he is seasonal (so Kinoka will have to wait) and unfortunately when I was down to 11 orbs I was pitybroken by my 3rd Genny (+Spd/-Res). I also had to spend 1 or 2 orbs to expand my barracks out of desperation. In the end, I can't complain too much since I entered the banner with no Gennys. I just need to decide who to give my extra Genny to (Elise already had one of them, not sure if Sakura is worth the Wrathful Staff yet)

Along the way, I finally got a +Spd Mae (although she's -Res so maybe I'll still use +Atk/-HP one). 3 Gordins within 20 orbs (suddenly lots of Brave Bow fodder). A 3 star +Spd/-Res Jeorge (why do I get many good natured Jeorges?), a +Def/-Res Subaki (I always get good natured Subakis that are hard to fodder?) and a +Atk/-HP Oboro (not sure if I should use this for merge base over +Def). 

Also found a +Atk/-Def Sothe while dipping into the Kinoka banner. And a +Spd/-Res Saizo!

-------

So yeah, all in all, not too bad of an end despite the massive orb drain. Started with around 250+ orbs at the beginning. Ended with 11 on my main and 88 on my second.

Final haul:

Main: Legendary Lyn, Inigo, Legendary Robin and 3 Gennys. Only missing Halloween Jakob from my wishlist. (Also only missing Shigure to complete the dancer set but I wasn't actively going for him)

Second: 2 Legendary Lyns, 2 Halloween Henrys, 1 Halloween Jakob and Inigo. Everyone I wanted, so I'm very happy.

I saved up for this banner because of those seasonal units, and I'm glad I mostly had everyone ticked.

Although now I'm sick of Lachesis, Clarines and regular Jakobs..

@Nanima Congrats on the Ryoma! Nice boon!

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Congrats on the Ryoma! Nice boon!

Thanks! It actually makes Hoshido themed runs of GHB and such much more feasible, so I might look into that now.

@mcsilas Congratulations, great banner for you overall! 

Do you have any plans for your Jeorges? I recently switched the nature of mine from +ATK/-SPD to +ATK-/-HP just to have a reason to give him his refinement. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Congratulations, great banner for you overall! 

Do you have any plans for your Jeorges? I recently switched the nature of mine from +ATK/-SPD to +ATK-/-HP just to have a reason to give him his refinement. 

Thanks! Orb draining, but worth the wait.

Well my current 4 star merge base (before Parthia refine was announced and gave him regular Brave Bow) is +Atk/-HP. In time, I pulled +Spd/-HP, +Atk/-Def, +Atk/-Res and now +Spd/-Res. I'm still unsure what to go in the end but I guess Jeorge isn't a priority of mine as I have better archers. I just need to narrow down if I want +Atk or +Spd.

He was my first archer though and he was very useful early game. Maybe I'll wait to see how the metagame develops?

@mcsilas

Congrats :D I'm so glad you got him before the banner ended.

Are you planning to go for any of the FE4 lot? I've got 350 orbs so I'm hoping Ares comes to me... pref before they all run out...

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@mcsilas

Congrats :D I'm so glad you got him before the banner ended.

Are you planning to go for any of the FE4 lot? I've got 350 orbs so I'm hoping Ares comes to me... pref before they all run out...

I haven't played FE4 (I did watch a Let's Play) so I don't have quite the attachment to any of the new characters. Partly why I decided to drop more orbs on the legendary banner.

It would be nice to summon on red and blue again after green/colourless sniping so I will do a first summon and depending on my orb stock/next banner a YOLO one. Extra red dancer is nice and the other two's skills/weapons look pretty neat as well. Also really nice art.

The Inigo is also special because I receive a call while job hunting, so he's like a good luck charm now since Inigo is living his dream :)

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Humanoid @Cute Chao @Rafiel's Aria @Rezzy

Guess what, I finally got Inigo in my second account!

tumblr_inline_p89tnwp0af1tqh17p_500.png

I now have all the PA dancers! He is +HP/-Res which is decent, and it took 20 orbs today (down to 88 now) so not too bad! 

In my main account, I decided to try again for Jakob because he is seasonal (so Kinoka will have to wait) and unfortunately when I was down to 11 orbs I was pitybroken by my 3rd Genny (+Spd/-Res). I also had to spend 1 or 2 orbs to expand my barracks out of desperation. In the end, I can't complain too much since I entered the banner with no Gennys. I just need to decide who to give my extra Genny to (Elise already had one of them, not sure if Sakura is worth the Wrathful Staff yet)

Along the way, I finally got a +Spd Mae (although she's -Res so maybe I'll still use +Atk/-HP one). 3 Gordins within 20 orbs (suddenly lots of Brave Bow fodder). A 3 star +Spd/-Res Jeorge (why do I get many good natured Jeorges?), a +Def/-Res Subaki (I always get good natured Subakis that are hard to fodder?) and a +Atk/-HP Oboro (not sure if I should use this for merge base over +Def). 

Also found a +Atk/-Def Sothe while dipping into the Kinoka banner. And a +Spd/-Res Saizo!

-------

So yeah, all in all, not too bad of an end despite the massive orb drain. Started with around 250+ orbs at the beginning. Ended with 11 on my main and 88 on my second.

Final haul:

Main: Legendary Lyn, Inigo, Legendary Robin and 3 Gennys. Only missing Halloween Jakob from my wishlist. (Also only missing Shigure to complete the dancer set but I wasn't actively going for him)

Second: 2 Legendary Lyns, 2 Halloween Henrys, 1 Halloween Jakob and Inigo. Everyone I wanted, so I'm very happy.

I saved up for this banner because of those seasonal units, and I'm glad I mostly had everyone ticked.

Although now I'm sick of Lachesis, Clarines and regular Jakobs..

@Nanima Congrats on the Ryoma! Nice boon!

Congrats on your pulls, you can always hold onto the Wrathful Staffs for later.

@mcsilas Overall, that's a stellar haul. You didn't get Jakob, but you're swimming in Gennys. XD You could always save a copy in case a healer you really like gets released. I'm saving one on the off chance Elice, Rhys, Libra, Maribelle, Brady, or Forrest make it into the game. Maybe next year IS will release another healer.  Congrats on Inigo though. I love him. The flowers in his attack art make me super happy.

Up to 887 total pulled units.

Spoiler

Ares (+Res/-Def): This is one weird stat distribution.  30/21 defensive stats doesn't really shine, so I'll be relying on his massive base Atk to plow through things.  I need to think about how I'm going to build him, since he's joining a +Atk Sigurd, Siegbert, and Leo.  He's got his work cut out!

Still, can't complain.  That was my free pull.  I'm going to sit on my remaining orbs!

Decided to only do my Free Pull on the Genealogy banner and somehow got Micaiah from it. +Res -Def even. Pinch me, I am not used to being this lucky. ;-;

Edited by Nanima

74 more orbs, got 2 Lene actually in that last session.  One is +spd/-atk the other is.....+res/-atk.  Ouch guess she will only be dancing regardless of who I choose.   That is it for me I think.  Color sharing, building pity rate.  I'd love to get Ares but this seems a sign to stop.  

Edited by Lewyn

Timely orb influx as I need to do my free rounds on both the Countering Weapons banner and the Genealogy one.

Countering Weapons first:

3* Raigh +Res -Spd
3* Soren +Atk -Def

I don't know what I expected. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

One blue, one grey, three greens. Figures.

4* Sully +Atk -HP

Wasn't planning to open any more, but with 28 orbs still and no new banner on the horizon, why not?

3* Hinata +Res -Atk
4* L'Arachel +Def -HP
4* Cordelia +Atk -Spd

Happy with the Hinata (Xander finally gets Fury 3) and that's my first L'Arachel, not worth promoting this one but maybe future 4* merges since I doubt I'd use Ivaldi anyway. Satisfactory result, will wait for the next banner reveal before deciding whether it's worth putting more orbs into this. My instinct is probably not.

EDIT: Second account got Ishtar for free. Figures.

Edited by Humanoid