"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, XRay said:

I prefer keeping builds for different roles on separate units. Cecilia running Blade tome will really appreciate that extra Spd to help her double some enemies. Cecilia running Raven ideally should go with +Atk to ensure knock outs against unusual bow builds, and she does not really care about Spd since she runs Bowbreaker. With her low but adequate Def, she is in a unique position among common Gronnraven mages to have an easier time avoiding Chill Def from enemy LA!Roys.

Something like [+Spd, -HP/Def/Res] is perfect for Cecilia running Blade, and [+Atk, -Spd] is perfect for Cecilia running Raven. [+Atk, -HP] should be fine as well since Cecilia will be in single digit HP anyways against LA!Roy, and a difference of 3 HP at that point does not really matter unless you need her to tank multiple archers.

Ah okay. Well I currently have a +Spd/-Def one at 4*+7.

Maybe I'll just find a +Atk/-Spd or -HP one and promote that one to 5 stars for the stronger weapon then?

Also Im gonna use Seliph a bit while he's a bonus unit. Just wondering, for future content as well, what's a better Seliph- +Atk/-Res or +Atk/-Spd? If I ever give him Divine Tryfing, I'm just wondering what the best bane is.

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe I'll just find a +Atk/-Spd or -HP one and promote that one to 5 stars for the stronger weapon then?

Also Im gonna use Seliph a bit while he's a bonus unit. Just wondering, for future content as well, what's a better Seliph- +Atk/-Res or +Atk/-Spd? If I ever give him Divine Tryfing, I'm just wondering what the best bane is.

That's what I've done with Cecilia, promoted an +Atk 5* used purely as a bow counter in AA, plus 4*+10 Blade who is in my all-star team.

I have a +Spd Horse Lilina now who has an superior offensive statline to Cecilia but I still find myself using Cecilia most of the time due to her superior bulk allowing her to eat a counter from DC units like Ike and BK and kill them. I managed to get a perfect Gunnthra too, but Cecilia has also seen off that challenge and continues to be one of my favourite units.

Copies of her continue to pile up since I summon green pretty frequently so in time I might end up making the Raven one into a 4*+10 too, because why not.

Only sort of related to earlier, but there is actually a unit I've been thinking of making a specialized build for, for reasons I am sure will be made clear momentarily...

Spoiler

• Soleil [+Atk -Res] +1 merge
  • Armorsmasher+ (Atk refine), assist, Moonbow/Glimmer
  • Death Blow 3, B slot, C slot/Savage Blow 3
  • Atk +3 SS
  • Statline: 43/61/35/28/21

She will hit 99 atk against armored foes, and with +10 merge and Fury 3 overrides against only armored foes, she misses the kill on 5 targets: Gwendolyn, Hardin, Effie, LA!Eliwood, and WE!Robin, all of whom she can kill if she triggers either special.

There are other units who could run this build, but there's reasons why it would have to be Soleil for me...

~She has among the highest base Atk among units who can use Armor-slaying weapons, who can have natures, and who do not have a personal weapon.

~Because of her Red color, she can OHKO every Green armor except Sheena, who in the simulator has Svallin Shield. I feel this is an important note, because Green armors right now are pretty scary if allowed to counterattack.

~WE!Chrom, who gets better results with Slaying Hammer+ Atk refine , DB3, Bold Fighter, and Atk +3, is not available to me.

~Effie, with the Lance equivelant of the above, fails to kill WE!Chrom and LA!Hector, two important targets.

~Cherche, who is the cheapest user of the set and can be expected to run the set on flier emblem, fails to kill some Red Armors even with Flier Emblem buffs. Plus she has a Brave Axe+ set that she runs pretty fine already.

Any reason why the unit, skills used, or set as a whole wouldn't work? If it would work, alternate skills or blank skill recommendations?

Yes she would be strictly an AA unit (and for maps with more than a few armors).

EDIT: I also checked her results against armors with Firesweep Sword, since she comes with it, and... she only gets 5 kills, and they aren't even against Vhector or Santa Chrom.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, I’ve hit 20k feathers again. What should I use them on?

Giving Catria Blarblade+

Giving a merge to my Nino or Eirika

Promoting a +atk/-hp Camilla to five stars 

Catria's egg is decent so I'd keep it. I'd promote Eirika

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Regular Raven tomes work fine. If you are merging a Raven mage to 4*+10, Raven+ is not necessary. Unless you plan to merge your Raven mages to 5*+5 or more, I prefer to keep Raven mages at 4*+10, as 5* Raven mages with low merges might not have enough bulk to survive 5*+10 units.

For Seliph, since he is so slow already, I would bane his Speed.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Any reason why the unit, skills used, or set as a whole wouldn't work? If it would work, alternate skills or blank skill recommendations?

Yes she would be strictly an AA unit (and for maps with more than a few armors).

If you are using anti armor builds in Arena Assault, I recommend Triangle Adept on the A slot rather than Death Blow. Triangle Adept 2 is sufficient in most cases if you are merging a unit to 4*+10. Armorslayer is also sufficient when paired with Triangle Adept, so there is no need to upgrade it to Armorsmasher.

This does mean that you will need three different anti armor units rather than one, so it is more fodder intensive, but those fodder should be plentiful and cheap. Triangle Adept is both an offensive and defensive skill, so it protects its user better while dishing out more damage like Death Blow at the same time against specific targets.

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, I’ve hit 20k feathers again. What should I use them on?

Giving Catria Blarblade+

Giving a merge to my Nino or Eirika

Promoting a +atk/-hp Camilla to five stars 

I would spend it on whoever you use the most.

Since you already have merges on Nino and Eirika, I assume you use them quite often, so I would give them some more merges.

If you do not actually use the above two that often, then I would give HATF!Catria Blárblade so you have an option to switch her role between nuke and debuffer depending on your needs. I personally prefer keeping two HATF!Catrias with different builds so you have option choose during Arena Assault, but if you only have one HATF!Catria, then you will just have to make do with one.

I would leave Camilla at 4*+10 unless you need her to have better stats from 5*+5 or higher merge levels.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you are using anti armor builds in Arena Assault, I recommend Triangle Adept on the A slot rather than Death Blow. Triangle Adept 2 is sufficient in most cases if you are merging a unit to 4*+10. Armorslayer is also sufficient when paired with Triangle Adept, so there is no need to upgrade it to Armorsmasher.

This does mean that you will need three different anti armor units rather than one, so it is more fodder intensive, but those fodder should be plentiful and cheap. Triangle Adept is both an offensive and defensive skill, so it protects its user better while dishing out more damage like Death Blow at the same time against specific targets.

(On Soleil [+Atk -Res] +1 merge 5*) TA2 Armorslayer+ does net the kills against greens that I'd look for, but in checking there is a big difference in kills between the two, specifically it makes Soleil only good against Green Armors and WE!Tharja versus Green Armors and Red Armors while still doing heavy damage against the blues she either ties or loses against.

It would indeed be cheaper to run 3 cheap anti armor units, but one heavy duty anti-armor unit can do their job with some Hone Atk/Atk Tactic and Savage Blow support (hence why I listed Savage Blow) and can still be used in some other battles or game modes without having to change skillset.

...plus I get the satisfaction of having another powerful unit, but another tale for another day... I understand what you mean at least, same reason why Gem weapon wielders are considered good.

Odd fact I noticed, but the units who have Heavy Spears have good speed bases but bad speed growths, Hammer wielders have average speed and bad speed growths, and the units with Armorslayers have... good speed bases and growths, even though the armor-effective weaponry is slowing the others down clearly? Tobin doesn't, but he also didn't have that great a speed growth in either Gaiden or SoV. Sorry this is just interesting to me.)

Edited by Xenomata

Recently got a spring! Lucina. She’s +atk -hp which is pretty good. However, I don’t care too much for Lucina and her Swift Sparrow is veeeeeery tempting to fodder my Siegbert (he’s -atk +hp but I really love Siegbert), my NY! Camilla (+spd -def) or for a future Takumi build (I have yet to get him, sadly). Would it be better for me to build up Lucina or sacrifice her for Swift Sparrow?

I also pulled two Spring! Sharenas (-atk +spd and -atk +hp) and I’m not sure what to do with them. I have a really good IV Soren already for my green mage and I’m not sure if I should put too much investment into Sharena, since I don’t care as much for her as I do for Soren. I also have a Spring! Camilla pulled (she’s lv 24 and I don’t remember her IVs, but I think she’s +atk). Put low priority on Sharena or focus on other units (spring Camilla, +atk -hp Fae, etc.)?

25 minutes ago, vionks said:

Recently got a spring! Lucina. She’s +atk -hp which is pretty good. However, I don’t care too much for Lucina and her Swift Sparrow is veeeeeery tempting to fodder my Siegbert (he’s -atk +hp but I really love Siegbert), my NY! Camilla (+spd -def) or for a future Takumi build (I have yet to get him, sadly). Would it be better for me to build up Lucina or sacrifice her for Swift Sparrow?

I also pulled two Spring! Sharenas (-atk +spd and -atk +hp) and I’m not sure what to do with them. I have a really good IV Soren already for my green mage and I’m not sure if I should put too much investment into Sharena, since I don’t care as much for her as I do for Soren. I also have a Spring! Camilla pulled (she’s lv 24 and I don’t remember her IVs, but I think she’s +atk). Put low priority on Sharena or focus on other units (spring Camilla, +atk -hp Fae, etc.)?

NY!Camilla is an incredibly good candidate for Swift Sparrow

S!Camilla is a beast with CC, but you live without it. Bladetome her. As for Sharena... Just use Nino

1 hour ago, vionks said:

I would keep at least one of each unit. It makes Arena Assault much easier if you have more options.

For HATF!Sharena, I would keep the [+Spd, -Atk] and merge other one into it. If both got [+Spd, -HP/Def] and a Blade build, I would say HATF!Sharena is about the same as Nino, as HATF!Sharena's 4 more Res is more than enough to make up for having 1 less Atk by being able to use Ploys more effectively.

Having one good green mage is not enough. Soren can be your solution to difficult enemies and problems 80% to 90% of the time, but you will still need other green mages to fill in other niches for the other 10% to 20%.

Edited by XRay

I make a new team every two weeks for arena but want to build a team that can handle the more difficult battles in the game in general. I also am very low on orbs, so what I have is what I'm working with for the most part. Finally, I really don't want to use many 5 star exclusives just because I want to be able to merge the units on the team easily to strengthen my arena score. I'd appreciate any ideas.

IMG_0919.PNG

IMG_0920.PNG

IMG_0921.PNG

1 hour ago, Eliza said:

I make a new team every two weeks for arena but want to build a team that can handle the more difficult battles in the game in general. I also am very low on orbs, so what I have is what I'm working with for the most part. Finally, I really don't want to use many 5 star exclusives just because I want to be able to merge the units on the team easily to strengthen my arena score. I'd appreciate any ideas.

I would focus on creating one permanent team for Arena as it is much cheaper that way. Spreading your resources around too early hampers your ability to climb to the top of the Arena.

To handle difficult battles, there are two common team set ups available. One is a Player Phase team and the other is an Enemy Phase team. That does not mean you cannot use Player Phase units in Enemy Phase teams or vice versa, it just means that the team is more focused on one phase over the other.

If you want to be able to merge units, you will unfortunately need a lot of Orbs though.

— — — — — — —

The easiest Enemy Phase team to use in my opinion is a Triangle Adept Ward Dragon team with A!Tiki, Nowi, and Fae. Y!Tiki is better than A!Tiki in my opinion, but it usually should not matter too much which one you use. Their build is mostly pretty cheap, except Ward Dragon being the only premium skill, but Ward Dragon can be easily substituted.

Dragons want a build that looks something like this:
+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd
Lightning Breath [Def/Res]
Moonbow / Luna / Bonfire / Iceberg / Aether
Swap / Reposition
Triangle Adept
Quick Riposte / Dull Range / Bowbreaker
Ward Dragon / Drive Def / Drive Res
Quick Riposte / Distant Def / Close Def / Drive Def

— — — — — — —

For a Player Phase team, Firesweep archers/healers along with their Dancer/Singer support are the core of your team. The third unit can be a secondary nuke or an Enemy Phase unit. Player Phase teams are more expensive to build and it takes a little more practice to master, but they are generally more flexible. Jeorge/Lucius is probably your best bet for non 5* exclusive archer/healer.

Firesweep archers want something like this:
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Firesweep Bow
Moonbow / Luna / Aether
Reposition
Life and Death / Swift Sparrow
Cancel Affinity / Poison Strike
Speed +3 / Poison Strike / Savage Blow

Staff nukes want something like this:
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Gravity [Dazzling Staff] / Candlelight [Dazzling Staff] / Pain [Dazzling Staff]
Attack +3 / Atk/Spd +2
Wrathful Staff
Savage Blow
Attack +3 / Savage Blow

Be very careful of using Pain and Savage Blow though! I generally do not recommend it for Arena unless you are confident enough to handle Wings of Mercy without trouble.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

NY!Camilla is an incredibly good candidate for Swift Sparrow

S!Camilla is a beast with CC, but you live without it. Bladetome her. As for Sharena... Just use Nino

I’ll keep that in mind! Thanks for the input ^^

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep at least one of each unit. It makes Arena Assault much easier if you have more options.

For HATF!Sharena, I would keep the [+Spd, -Atk] and merge other one into it. If both got [+Spd, -HP/Def] and a Blade build, I would say HATF!Sharena is about the same as Nino, as HATF!Sharena's 4 more Res is more than enough to make up for having 1 less Atk by being able to use Ploys more effectively.

Having one good green mage is not enough. Soren can be your solution to difficult enemies and problems 80% to 90% of the time, but you will still need other green mages to fill in other niches for the other 10% to 20%.

I was planning to merge the +hp one to the +spd one and by already having a green mage I forgot to mention I also had a Nino already (not built and bad IVs, but I’m working on it) :P Was still going to level up Sharena eventually, I just meant whether I should focus on her investment, if she might come in handy a lot of the time.

Thanks for your input though!

15 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Does Raigh have any useful skills I can give to other units? I have a few 4* of him I never use, but I don’t know if I should use them for SI or feathers.

Rally Attack mean one less skill to inherit from a more valuable unit to upgrade to Rally Atk/Def, Atk/Spd, or Atk/Res. But Dual Rallies are mainly just used to increase Arena score to stay in Tier 20. If that isn't on your agenda right now or you don't have/don't want to inherit those Dual Rallies, you don't need to keep him.  

If you are planning a Wolf tome build on someone else, then that can be passed on. If not, he's disposable. 

Seal Res is unlikely to be used instead of something like Desperation or Quick Riposte. 

So yeah, he is pretty expendable. 

1 hour ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Does Raigh have any useful skills I can give to other units? I have a few 4* of him I never use, but I don’t know if I should use them for SI or feathers.

As @SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre has said, Raigh is basically 150/300 Feathers.

I recommend building one to 4*+10 for Arena Assault before you send any home. He can be given Glimmer, Reposition, Triangle Adept 2, and G Tomebreaker from Beruka/Lon'qu, Selena, and Henry. He is not particularly amazing, but having him allows you to save your better green mage counters, like Sanaki and Leo, for later in the run.

I do not think Rauđwolf is necessary in any content so far, but I recommend keeping one or two extra copies just in case you ever need it.

Edited by XRay

I finally got a brave lyn on the new banner (for reference, i picked lucinia as my free brave hero). Thing is, she is +res, -spd. My current main bow user is +1 +atk, -def klien running the obvious build (who has been part of my arena core along with reinhardt and a dancer for a long time), and my only other bow user is NY! corrin, who is running a budget build. How should I build lyn, and should she replace klein? (I was thinking of giving up on her spd stat entirely and running brave bow/draconic aura/reposition/death blow/sacaes blessing/def ploy (or cav buff)/Atk +3).

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to the people here who spend so much time and effort answering questions about team-building and unit-building and whatnot. Your efforts are super appreciated and you're all very helpful and kind. So, ah, thank you.

I want to thank @mampfoid @XRay @Ice Dragon @Humanoid @Xenomata @Arcanite @Usana @Poimagic @Chrom-ulent especially as people who have been kind enough to help me specifically -- and some of you many, many times over -- with my dumb questions.

Is that okay to post here? I hope that's okay to post. I feel a little embarrassed now. Sorry. But I am very grateful.

10 minutes ago, XandaXiloscient said:

Is a +Def/-Atk S!Kagero salvageable? I was hoping to run her on a Flyers Emblem but don't know how plausible that is now.

As Pheonixmaster1’s arena showcase proves, −Atk Spring Kagero is very much usable and very much deadly:

48 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I finally got a brave lyn on the new banner (for reference, i picked lucinia as my free brave hero). Thing is, she is +res, -spd. My current main bow user is +1 +atk, -def klien running the obvious build (who has been part of my arena core along with reinhardt and a dancer for a long time), and my only other bow user is NY! corrin, who is running a budget build. How should I build lyn, and should she replace klein? (I was thinking of giving up on her spd stat entirely and running brave bow/draconic aura/reposition/death blow/sacaes blessing/def ploy (or cav buff)/Atk +3).

Brave Bow is good to run, as even if you do eventually fix her speed, she will still be a fast Brave user thanks in part to her naturally good speed and Horse Emblem buffs.

For the time being, she will be able to hit 50 atk with just a Brave Bow+, Horse Emblem buffs, and Swift Sparrow 2. While that's okay for Draconic Aura, I'd much rather give her Luna to deal with high defense units. As for C and SS slots, I'd use a Horse Emblem buff and choose between Atk+3 and Def Ploy 3 for SS. While Def Ploy offers more potential damage, Atk +3 does offer raw damage against all targets rather than just the ones who have less than 30 res.

As for if she should replace Klein, if you only mean as your main bow user, then yes. She is slightly weaker, but only slightly, and has the benefit of higher reach and ability to cancel out Distant Counter. But I wouldn't go and use your main Klein as the Brave Bow fodder. Having more than a few Brave Bow units, especially one as cheap as Klein, isn't a bad thing.