Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

OUR +10 BRO IS GETTING A REFINE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the fact that i can actually say i have him +10 is the best

Can't agree more, best news since a long time! Woooooooooo!

While it would be cool for arena (I know he scores low), I somehow hope it's not just legendary Eliwood's Durandal. Just make him more of a GF monster! Added Swift Sparrow 3 and Desperation

(I'm also curious what they will do with Lucina, I have her at +1 +SPD with GF). 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

God damn it all. CYL Ike absolutely refuses to show up whenever he is on a banner or otherwise and now he's becoming a free unit. This reminds me of when Arvis was my first good red mage because other than one -Atk or -Spd Tharja and one -Def Henry, the only red mages that would show up were Raigh and Sophia. It was infuriating. Or the time when Gordin wouldn't show up or sometimes Klein leaving me with -Atk and -Spd Rebeccas and Setsunas as archers other than Virion. Clarisse was such a blessing and the announcement that CYL banners would have free picks even more so... And then the game proceeded to troll me after that with Takumi and a summoned CYL Lyn from the CYL1 bannner and Gordin being made a free unit after.

It came to a point where I just wanted CYL Ike. Everyone else had him or summoned several copies of him and were able to play with their shiny new Steady Breath on whoever. I'd like a few too for Steady Breath, but screw me when it comes to getting spare copies of fancy new skills, so I stopped caring and just want one a CYL Ike. I don't care if he's good or not anymore, but just one freaking Urvan-wielding Ike.

Red mage cavalry can burn too. I'll love GD Titania more than I'll ever love them. Freaking mage Eirika and Leo are the only summonable red mage cavalry and they're both 5* locked.

Well, depending on the rarity of the new units, I'll need to figure out my barracks. I already have a 4*, neutral Reinhardt sitting around and a 5*, +Atk Reinhardt who I use, so if freebie Reinhardt is a 4*, then he's getting sacked and turned into a combat manual. If he's somehow a 5* unit, then 4*, neutral Reinhardt is getting sacked. Ninian is going to be a space problem regardless, but more Ninians means more soft ice dragons and who doesn't love ice dragons?

@Kaden I think the twitter says they will be 5 star units (and we will get 32 orbs!)

Ninian would be lovely, I have a -Atk and a -Spd  one of each account, so fixing that would be great. Or maybe I should keep the neutral one for f2p guides i'm not sure..I barely have the barracks space for keeping neutral copies though. 

Mage Eirika would be really good, I've hunted and failed to get her for my main and was ted a few orbs on the daily revival for her. At least a free one takes the sting out.

@mampfoid So glad for you that Brave Roy will get a refine. Failed to get him in his revival, so maybe the New Power will hopefully give him to me. I was wondering where the old CYL rerun was, I guess this refine banner sort of counts as one. 

To keep my +Atk/-Res B!Ike, or keep the neutral? Either way, one of them will be sacked for steady breath. I'll likely keep the neutral Gleiprika, and Ninian can use the fix to her Atk bane. +Spd is a bit too useful to give up.

And I guess this is why Olwen decided to join my barracks, she knew her brother would be coming shortly. 

I bet Ike's weapon gives him Distant Counter. I won't be surprised if they decide to stack Swift Sparrow on Lyn. Eliwood and Roy are probably going to have effects similar to their Legendary counterparts. Lucina...I'm kinda drawing a blank on her. Maybe Dragon effectiveness? Blue did have a certain lack of dragon weapons that IS seems to be correcting with L!Tiki, Naga, and B!Eliwood. 

Red: Alm, B!Alm, Chrom, Horse!Chrom, Marth, Lucina, L!Marth, M!Marth, Roy, L!Roy, Tiki, A!Tiki, S!Tiki

Blue: Naga, L!Tiki, B!Eliwood, L!Julia

Green: Julia, Deirdre, S!Hinoka

Colorless: F!Tiki

Huh...Tiki really hates her own kind or something. Just about every variant of her has dragon effectiveness. And now reflecting, it isn't that blue or green or colorless have a lack of counters...it's just that red is oppressively anti-dragon.

Just to remind you guy about our new F2P units:

Reindhart_0.png?itok=R343oHo2 Reinhardt - Thunder's Fist
HP: 38 / Atk: 32 / Spd: 23 / Def: 27 / Res: 25 / BST: 145

32px-Icon_Class_Blue_Tome.png?itok=Lpt1x Dire Thunder (Mt 14, Rng 2): Inflicts Spd-5. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice.
Special.png Blazing Thunder (CD 4): Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res).
50px-Vantage_3.png?itok=_6P-3mAP Vantage 3: If unit's HP ≤ 75% and foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe's first attack.
50px-Goad_Cavalry.png?itok=7gOFACdy Goad Cavalry: Grants Atk/Spd+4 to cavalry allies within 2 spaces during combat.

Ninian.png?itok=PNd9uzUc Ninian - Oracle of Destiny
HP: 42 / Atk: 24 / Spd: 33 / Def: 23 / Res: 27 / BST: 149

Blue_Breath.png Light Breath+ (Mt 13, Rng 1): If unit initiates combat, grants Def/Res+4 to adjacent allies for 1 turn after combat.
       After combat, if unit attacked, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit for 1 turn. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.
Assist.png Dance: Grants another action to target ally. (Cannot target an ally with Sing or Dance.)
50px-Escape_Route_3.png?itok=pF9fdO2j Escape Route 3: If unit's HP ≤ 50%, unit can move to a space adjacent to any ally.
50px-Fortify_Dragons.png?itok=QOC2NV5l Fortify Dragons: At start of turn, grants Def/Res+6 to adjacent dragon allies for 1 turn.

Eirika-Icon1.png?itok=cvKtyjC- Eirika - Anamnesis Lady
HP: 36 / Atk: 31 / Spd: 35 / Def: 20 / Res: 22 / BST: 144
32px-Icon_Class_Red_Tome.png?itok=HqkJ2Q Gleipnir (Mt 14, Rng 2): Grants Res+3. At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100%, grants Atk/Spd+3 during combat.
Assist.png Rally Atk/Spd: Grants Atk/Spd+3 to target ally for 1 turn.
30px-Swift_Sparrow_2.png?itok=h2O5haA7 Swift Sparrow 2: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat.
50px-Desperation_3.png?itok=ihGn5pgn Desperation 3: If unit's HP ≤ 75% and unit initiates combat, unit can make a follow-up attack before foe can counterattack.
R%20Tome%20Exp.%203.png?itok=avLhzC1B R Tome Exp. 3: While unit lives, all red tome allies on team get 2x EXP. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Brave-Ike.png?itok=QoZ8xidX Ike - Brave Mercenary
HP: 41 / Atk: 36 / Spd: 28 / Def: 35 / Res: 20 / BST: 162
32px-Icon_Class_Green_Axe.png?itok=7ebng Urvan (Mt 16, Rng 1): Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If unit receives consecutive attacks, reduces damage from foe's second attack onward by 80%.
       Urvan will receive a refinement in the version 3.9.0 update.
Special.png Aether (CD 5): Treats foe's Def/Res as if reduced by 50% during combat. Restores HP = half of damage dealt.
Steady-Breath_0.png?itok=ijXWHbzh Steady Breath: If foe initiates combat, grants Def+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
Beorc's-Blessing.png?itok=qLr09BC0 Beorc's Blessing: Neutralizes cavalry and flying foes' bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
50px-Threaten_Def_3.png?itok=n2fnqTPa Threaten Def 3: At start of turn, inflicts Def-5 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden

@mampfoid So glad for you that Brave Roy will get a refine. Failed to get him in his revival, so maybe the New Power will hopefully give him to me. I was wondering where the old CYL rerun was, I guess this refine banner sort of counts as one. 

I think they didn't make a Cyl1 rerun because we had exactly that banner as a hero fest banner recently. 5% helped me to get my missing Roys. 

Good luck on the new power banner! 

lol i really feel at this point, even trying to avoid as many spoilers for Radiant Dawn as possible that I should just open up the FE Wikipedia and read up about the game because i keep getting hammered by spoilers - so i might as well just fill in the tidbits that hasn't been spoken of already. it really is a bummer too. i keep putting it off because usually the game puts out something RD-ish, people talk about it, spoil it and i stop playing so i hope i forget - rinse, repeat. lol.

in regards to the 5 star heroes. intriguing that one is Reinhardt and HorseyMagic Eirika. i'm curious why those two were chosen. 
the only new unit for me would be B!Ike - but i don't know if i should merge up the neutrals (Ninian would love to be not -hp) - because of guide use. even though i am not needing them as often, it's good to have those options. 

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Has Reinhardt been featured as a quest reward before or is this his F2P debut? Oh yeah, the other units are nice too I suppose. 😉

I've unsuccessfully tried a few times to fix up my +Res -Atk Eirika so this is big for me. Ike will feed Fae to complete my tanky dragon trinity. Ninian is, eh, whatever really.

This is the first time when Reinhardt is a reward. Here is a list of reward units.

Edit: Woops. Quoted wrong person.

26 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

in regards to the 5 star heroes. intriguing that one is Reinhardt and HorseyMagic Eirika. i'm curious why those two were chosen. 

This is just a guess. Developers might have realize a lot of players use guides a lot, so they gave Reinhardt as a freebie. New players also might have missed GD!Titania depending on how new they are, so I guess they picked the best Player Phase red mage cavalry so new players do not have to spend Grails. Everyone has access to Cecilia, so that rounds out a cavalry team.

Edited by XRay

Yes... free merges. Even the Brave Ike because I like mine with +Defense, but dislike the -Attack. Saving 20K feathers for Reinhardt is nice. I keep forgeting Mage Eirika is a thing, so removing the -Attack on mine should be nice. And a +2 Ninian is a +2 Ninian.

Finally I will have my first 5* Reinhardt. I don't know how I could have survived any further. My long time of refusing a 5* Reinhardt ist over. Of course I just use him if he is a help. 

51 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

lol i really feel at this point, even trying to avoid as many spoilers for Radiant Dawn as possible that I should just open up the FE Wikipedia and read up about the game because i keep getting hammered by spoilers - so i might as well just fill in the tidbits that hasn't been spoken of already. it really is a bummer too. i keep putting it off because usually the game puts out something RD-ish, people talk about it, spoil it and i stop playing so i hope i forget - rinse, repeat. lol.

Regarding RD its the same for me, I already have read some things up. And I cannot blame the people here. The game has been out for a long time, I am to stingy to watch a Playthrough and play it by other means. Maybe Insys lost the code for the game somewhere like Square-Enix did with some games, I don't know. But they sadly have not much interest in even porting it DX. Even knowing now it would be likely to sell good. 

As for now I just embraced it and read some stuff up if it interest me. I just don't feel like playing it and I might read up more. Like I might do with some Trails game with no western release. 

Edited by Stroud

37 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Finally I will have my first 5* Reinhardt. I don't know how I could have survived any further. My long time of refusing a 5* Reinhardt ist over. Of course I just use him if he is a help. 

Regarding RD its the same for me, I already have read some things up. And I cannot blame the people here. The game has been out for a long time, I am to stingy to watch a Playthrough and play it by other means. Maybe Insys lost the code for the game somewhere like Square-Enix did with some games, I don't know. But they sadly have not much interest in even porting it DX. Even knowing now it would be likely to sell good. 

As for now I just embraced it and read some stuff up if it interest me. I just don't feel like playing it and I might read up more. Like I might do with some Trails game with no western release. 

true - it's out for a while. (to be fair - I'd feel about this regarding awakening/fates whatever ), I know for me personally in general threads I try not to say anything that's pretty story heavy/something that would make you go. WOW! when playing - because i think that's something that should be experienced.the other games i don't mind because it's like Japanese only (and has no designs to being released here) or I don't have it - but RD was relatively different because i was slowly making my way through the game (coz Permadeath - i hate it) and like i said. someone gets released RD-ish and it's WOOSH. all this stuff is talked about. I didn't expect to read all that stuff about what made Micaiah special so like now i am even contemplating if it's worth playing right now because every aspect of the story has been spoiled for me. it is what it is I know. but still. I'm hoping this is going to be like me and Doctor Who. I was convinced I was never going to watch it so I watched/read all of the emotional stuff.. then watched it and still cried like a baby haha

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Eirika is the oldest horse mage still in the general summoning pool, whoa. Granted, the entire pool is ...her and green Olwen.

Well.. Leo too, yah? (but then i got what you mean LOL)

1 hour ago, XRay said:

This is the first time when Reinhardt is a reward. Here is a list of reward units.

Edit: Woops. Quoted wrong person.

This is just a guess. Developers might have realize a lot of players use guides a lot, so they gave Reinhardt as a freebie. New players also might have missed GD!Titania depending on how new they are, so I guess they picked the best Player Phase red mage cavalry so new players do not have to spend Grails. Everyone has access to Cecilia, so that rounds out a cavalry team.

that makes a lot of sense. thanks. (well i mean. only player phase red mage. Leo couldn't do it, right?)

26 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

true - it's out for a while. (to be fair - I'd feel about this regarding awakening/fates whatever ), I know for me personally in general threads I try not to say anything that's pretty story heavy/something that would make you go. WOW! when playing - because i think that's something that should be experienced.the other games i don't mind because it's like Japanese only (and has no designs to being released here) or I don't have it - but RD was relatively different because i was slowly making my way through the game (coz Permadeath - i hate it) and like i said. someone gets released RD-ish and it's WOOSH. all this stuff is talked about. I didn't expect to read all that stuff about what made Micaiah special so like now i am even contemplating if it's worth playing right now because every aspect of the story has been spoiled for me. it is what it is I know. but still. I'm hoping this is going to be like me and Doctor Who. I was convinced I was never going to watch it so I watched/read all of the emotional stuff.. then watched it and still cried like a baby haha

Yeah, it would be nicer if certain things which are really about the game and not related to FEH would be keeped in the subforums, if these include potential spoilers. Or at using the spoiler functions if unsere.

I guess sometimes, at least for me I am a bit mad for being spoiled for a while. And its more about being spoiled then the spoiler itself. So I guess in case of Doctor Who at some point you just enjoyed it and forgot about actually being spoiled at some point. So it can happen with RD too. Or just have it as a motivation to end this game so you cannot be spoiled any further. 

Sadly this has lead me to rush through 3 Houses which also isn't always that good. I just remembered the time with Bloodstained, where some smart guy put a nice spoiler thumbnail on his YouTube video...which is why I am kind of grateful to what Atlus did with Persona 5 to encourage people not to spoil and wish other companies would also care about it more. Not that they need to.

Edited by Stroud

Just now, daisy jane said:

that makes a lot of sense. thanks. (well i mean. only player phase red mage. Leo couldn't do it, right?)

Leo and Player Phase combat... do not really mix well.

He is super slow AND has noodle arms, very bad combo, although noodle arms can be offset with a Blade tome. I built him up as a Player Phase unit during the first year of the game, and that was when the game heavily favors Player Phase units, particularly mage cavalry. He was pretty decent back then. However, the introduction of Trenches and Weapon Refinement (huge boost in bulk for units), and the continuing improvements and buffs to Enemy Phase units meant that Leo's Player Phase performance gradually deteriorated to the current point where it is severely lacking.

His Player Phase performance is passable in low pressure modes like Tempest Trials and Arena Assault, but in high difficulty maps like Abyssal, Player Phase Leo definitely will not make the cut.

Enemy Phase wise, I think he is decent as a niche ranged tank, similar to Felicia. I have a +Spd copy at merge+6, so I have not tested his Refinement out yet. If I get any more future copies though, I will build a second Leo with an Enemy Phase set.

I'm kind of hyped for the content of this update.

I get 4 merges out of it, bunch of orbs and some nice AR changes.

On the other hand, my divine dew just got booked hard because of all of CYL1. Poor Sanaki won't ever get her refine at this rate.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden I think the twitter says they will be 5 star units (and we will get 32 orbs!)

Ninian would be lovely, I have a -Atk and a -Spd  one of each account, so fixing that would be great. Or maybe I should keep the neutral one for f2p guides i'm not sure..I barely have the barracks space for keeping neutral copies though. 

Mage Eirika would be really good, I've hunted and failed to get her for my main and was ted a few orbs on the daily revival for her. At least a free one takes the sting out.

Well, I guess a particular 4* unit is going to die. His life ends in X days when the update hits.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

He is super slow AND has noodle arms, very bad combo, although noodle arms can be offset with a Blade tome.

Does it really matter whether you're physically ramen or rigatoni if you use magic? 😗

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, nothing ever changes on SF. How are you, gentlemen and gentlewomen? Apart from Micaiah still being a point of Ana’s contention, of course.

Nice to see you passing by however briefly again Vax! 🙂 Just a twisted sense of "for old time's sake"? Or did Julia summon you?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does it really matter whether you're physically ramen or rigatoni if you use magic? 😗

I guess it does not really matter with Blade tomes, but having low Atk rules out Counter-Vantage builds.

@XRay Pardon my ignorance if any, but... why can't you just go enemy phase with that Leo?

I honestly think the ONLY reason to go PP with Leo is because you literally have no better options, and pretty soon that won't be a viable excuse unless you fodder off Anamnesis Eirika. But even then, Leo is naturally build for enemy phase combat, so...

I find it kind of funny that I do actually have Ninian, Mage Eirika, and Brave Ike already. My Mage Eirika is even neutral XD

Ninian will likely be merged since I have a +1 +Def one and she has no interesting fodder. 

MagEirika will definitely be merged to remove Spd bane on my +Res one. 

I have a +1 +Atk BIke so this one will be saved for Steady Breath fodder. 

Always appreciate free premium units. 

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay Pardon my ignorance if any, but... why can't you just go enemy phase with that Leo?

I honestly think the ONLY reason to go PP with Leo is because you literally have no better options, and pretty soon that won't be a viable excuse unless you fodder off Anamnesis Eirika. But even then, Leo is naturally build for enemy phase combat, so...

He is +Spd and already has a Player Phase skill set, so I rather just build up another one with an Enemy Phase skill set.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I find it kind of funny that I do actually have Ninian, Mage Eirika, and Brave Ike already. My Mage Eirika is even neutral XD

I've pulled those 3 units literally 3 times each.

59 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I've pulled those 3 units literally 3 times each.

Hey, more merges or skill fodder is always a plus!