Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Nowi's Husband wow, your Nowi seems invincible in that run.

@Zeo Nicely done. Seems Matthew needs harder challenges. 

I've done only the Armor mission so far (Hector needed to inherit that anti-anti-armor skill). I'm struggling with infantry, perhaps I'll have to bring the mages. 

"I feel like I could take on a whole army!"

Okay. Armourquest took one try. One.

WE!Tharja is hilariously broken. She facetanked three separate units, and finished off several more from range. Michalis Flier Formationed over to die in her face on turn 1. The other fliers couldn't break through Draug's Ward + Drive Def seal, and Hector destroyed the Heavy Spear dude without effort. I put Fortify Def 3 on Gwendolyn so she could superbuff everyone, and she ended up dancing with the Lance Flier at the end. But the best part was still seeing Tharja take 0 damage from a blue unit.

Got infantry after too many retires with 5* B!Ike, Nephenee, Ayra and Summer Robin.

Armour still eludes me. It's the issue of lack of mobility for me, I can't get enough damage on Wendy either, if she could actually take out the lance flier that would be no big deal.

Okay, I managed to solve flierquest, too. Palla hard counters Michalis once his buffs are gone, did you know? And Quick Riposte 1 on Cordelia made the start possible. I had to shuffle seals around a bit to get SF!Camilla and Cordelia enough Atk to double-team the Lance Flier, but once I got that, it was smooth sailing.

...I still don't know why people don't like Galeforce. It's absurdly useful.

For the record, my team was the following:

+Atk -Def 5* Cordelia, Lv. 40+2, Brave Lance+/Draw Back/Galeforce/Triangle Adept 3/Pass 3/Spur Def 3/Quick Riposte 1, S Palla

+Res -Atk 5* NS!Corrin, Lv. 40, Sealife Tome+/-/Dragon Fang/Swift Strike 2/-/Fortify Fliers/Hone Atk 1

+Def -HP 4* Palla, Lv. 40, Ruby Sword/-/Moonbow/-/Wings of Mercy 2/Goad Fliers/Quickened Pulse, S Cordelia

+Def -Atk 5* SF!Camilla, Lv. 40, Res!Green Egg+/Rally Attack/-/Defiant Spd 3/Live for Bounty/-/Attack +3

Edited by Seafarer

I somehow beat Michalis's GHB with the flier team on my first try, which is nice since I didn't have the stamina to go another run. Tsubaki tanked the reds, NY!Azura helped them move around, and Cherche took out lances. Caeda killed Michalis because yes. Wing sword Caeda is cool.

@mampfoid I'm looking forward to seeing Xander's infernal map tomorrow. Since it's new chances are it'll be pretty difficult. On Lunatic it was one of the harder ones (though not as hard as Camus) but I didn't have nearly a many resources back then either.

10 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo - Always glad to see your Matthew putting in some work. That was some fantastic work right there. :3 I finally got around to upgrading my Matthew's Rogue Dagger, and the glow looks mighty nice on him. I also recently acquired a spare Takumi. Seeing your Matthew makes me wanna give him that Close Counter, but at the same time, I also really wanna build a Close Counter mage since I already have Close Counter Leon... Stop tempting me!

Matthew (and Saizo while we're there) are two of the best CC users in the game in my opinion and they are seriously slept on. However Leon is a pretty great CC user as well and he's physical. I hear CC Boey is all the rage though so he, Sophia and... probably the new Lyn (depending on her nature) are pretty good choices as well. Matthew is a fantastic choice for it but I'll also say this. I knew I wanted to give CC to him over half a year ago. It was just a matter of waiting and figuring out what I wanted to do. When the time comes, you'll know who you want to give it to and there'll be no changing your mind. Until then just sit on it. You've got plenty of time.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Always impressed with your Close Counter Matthew. Best use of a Takumi I've seen.

I'm always seeing CC Boey, occasional CC Sophia and CC ToD!Henry as great choices but no one I've seen with that compares to Matt (in my personal opinion) and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that he's colorless. Having no specific type of unit be a counter to you (aside from Raven+ which is restricted to mages) is such a huge boon that allows for so much versatility that it's nonsense. Coupled with buffs and I think the only unit that rivals him as a CC unit (aside from Saizo who's almost the same basically) is ToD!Jakob who can benefit from armor buffs and get even more of an edge against fliers. Even he is restricted by 1 Mov though. But that might change soon if you know what I mean...

The flier quest was by far the easiest for me, with Nowi easily one rounding Michealis and the rest falling into place nicely.

Cavalry gave me some trouble strangely enough, because I know they're how I beat infernal last time around. Once I remembered my basic positioning it wasn't too bad.

For armor I needed to swap around some seals but after that it wasn't too bad, but I really hope I can manage to pull Lyn because my lack of ranged armors plus armor March is killing me.

Infantry took a lot of trial and error, but eventually Masked Marth, PA!Azura, Genny, and Leon got it done (with Leon contributing exactly nothing).

FINALLY DID IT. (Any deviations from normal listed)

5* BK (+1) (Ward Armour, Reposition, Close Def Seal), Arden (Earth Boost 3, Ward Armour, Pivot, Ignis, Panic Ploy Seal (THANK YOU @Rafiel's Aria, this was necessary)), Hector (Vantage 3, Swap, SA Ace 1 Seal), 4* +9 Wendy (TA 2, BA 3, Ward Armour, Slaying Lance, Reposition, Bonfire, QR 3 Seal)

First off, BK tanks the eastern chokepoint with Hector and Wendy below him giving Goad and Ward support. This allows him to tank the lancer and Michalis, who gets a Black Luna to the face and can be easily killed next player phase. He tanks for another turn before Wendy repositions him and takes over, while Hector moves south as the Heavy Spear Lancer moved that way towards Arden. Wendy laughs at what's left of the fliers and Hector and Arden move south again. I start moving everyone so that the lancer can be fought with as much support I can muster. Hector is then moved to tank the lancer with 2 Wards behind him, he tanks, and the lancer is (finally) killed on player phase.

FUCK. THIS. QUEST.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Matthew (and Saizo while we're there) are two of the best CC users in the game in my opinion and they are seriously slept on. However Leon is a pretty great CC user as well and he's physical. I hear CC Boey is all the rage though so he, Sophia and... probably the new Lyn (depending on her nature) are pretty good choices as well. Matthew is a fantastic choice for it but I'll also say this. I knew I wanted to give CC to him over half a year ago. It was just a matter of waiting and figuring out what I wanted to do. When the time comes, you'll know who you want to give it to and there'll be no changing your mind. Until then just sit on it. You've got plenty of time.

I'd love to give CC to the new Lyn. XD But I've been pitybroken three times by off-focus blues with terrible natures, so I think that's a sign to stop. I'll sit on my extra Takumi for now since I'm so indecisive. Saizo likely won't see much use since he's one of those characters I don't feel strongly about (even though his bulk can be a HUGE pain to deal with--he'd likely do really well). But I love Matthew. My little teenage brother recently picked up Fire Emblem for the first time, and he was obsessively playing it and couldn't stop talking about how much he loved Matthew, Lyn, Hector, Raven... I also made him use Lucius, and he couldn't stop talking about how pretty "she" was; made my day. I'll at least wait until I get around to promoting my +SPD Matthew and then see how I feel about the CC build. He's in the lead for it unless one of my favorite characters gets released with amazing bulk. 

@Dayni - I'm so glad the Panic Ploy thing helped!! I was struggling because none of my armors could finish off the pegasus knight you can bait on the left! And then I was frustrated because none of my armors had enough HP to beat out the inflated stats of---oh wait. Arden to the rescue. He also got some kills in because Follow-Up Ring is OP.

I've managed to do Cavalry, Fliers, and Infantry okay, but Armor Emblem is giving me trouble.

And, right as I was typing this, I managed to finally get it.  I wanted to make sure my Armor Emblem team was up to scratch for tomorrow, since it will be needed for Xander.

Had an easy time with the flier and armor quests, but infantry was a pain. Went with Masked Marth, Fjorm, Brave Ike, and Performer Azura and gave them some good seals, particularly QR3 on Fjorm. Took a few tries and ended up requiring tanking some heavy hits (particularly, letting Michalis attack Fjorm) but it worked out eventually. Then did cavalry with Seth, Ursula, Gunnthra, and Brave Lyn, which went fine but ended up a bit weird. In particular, because I hadn't noticed Iote's Shield on the lance flier, I couldn't kill it with Lyn, so I had to have her Reposition Ursula into the upper right corner and end up with those two spending most of the battle separated from the other two. Fortunately Lyn and Seth did fine at their respective jobs of sniping and tanking.

2 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'd love to give CC to the new Lyn. XD But I've been pitybroken three times by off-focus blues with terrible natures, so I think that's a sign to stop. I'll sit on my extra Takumi for now since I'm so indecisive. Saizo likely won't see much use since he's one of those characters I don't feel strongly about (even though his bulk can be a HUGE pain to deal with--he'd likely do really well). But I love Matthew. My little teenage brother recently picked up Fire Emblem for the first time, and he was obsessively playing it and couldn't stop talking about how much he loved Matthew, Lyn, Hector, Raven... I also made him use Lucius, and he couldn't stop talking about how pretty "she" was; made my day. I'll at least wait until I get around to promoting my +SPD Matthew and then see how I feel about the CC build. He's in the lead for it unless one of my favorite characters gets released with amazing bulk. 

Can't go wrong with him. Saizo is faster, stronger and has a bit more DEF, but his tanking ability is actually not in Matthew's league due to the huge RES and HP difference and the fact that it's made even worse if he takes a -HP or -RES bane (which are apparently his "best" ones).

And yeah, as far as natures go, nothing can touch +ATK/-HP. It's far and away his best nature (though you can take -DEF only if you plan to merge him to bring it up a few points.), you can take +SPD though, but take it from me. Don't do +SPD/-RES unless you're going for a pure physical tank. Otherwise it'll cripple him vs mages depending on his build. I had a +SPD/-RES Matthew and merged him into my neutral one because the extra SPD wasn't worth nuking his already shaky ability to tank mages.

But if you're going to build Matthew, I'd construct the build in your head first.. What skills he has will largely affect what you want his nature to be. (+SPD can't be beat for a Wind/Watersweep build for example.). That being said, still go ahead and sit on that CC.

It was definitely the easiest GHB map for me because of the lacking on mages.
Could beat all quests except for cavaliers (which didn't give me orbs anyways, so perfect) because I'm lacking on a tank. Lyn, Reinhard and Elise are not really front units.
Maybe Xander can help me next time...

Edited by 豊聡耳 神子

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm kind of productive with my one-turn clears. So much, I already reached my weekly Vimeo upload limit (any other hosting suggestions?). Thus I had to trim the video of my fliers kicking Michalis around a little. The skills and stats had to go into some screenshots:

Spoiler

hBzSPZG.jpg

5u6kkOV.jpg

S6VG2LA.jpg

hYgvv9s.jpg

Nowi was there only to give Hone Fliers to Elincia and to Reposition her near Michalis. Cordelia needed some SPD buffs to double the blue Flier (the red one died with one hit thanks to TA3).

@Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @tobuShogi (new to the tag list, hope you don't mind).

Here is the video:

Roy had to stay home again, his mount has to study for his mountain licence first. The real VIP of this clear was a late Bartre, who gave his Smite to Cherche. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Okay, I'm kind of productive with my one-turn clears. So much, I already reached my weekly Vimeo upload limit (any other hosting suggestions?). Thus I had to trim the video of my fliers kicking Michalis around a little. The skills and stats had to go into some screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

hBzSPZG.jpg

5u6kkOV.jpg

S6VG2LA.jpg

hYgvv9s.jpg

Nowi was there only to give Hone Fliers to Elincia and to Reposition her near Michalis. Cordelia needed some SPD buffs to double the blue Flier (the red one died with one hit thanks to TA3).

@Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @tobuShogi (new to the tag list, hope you don't mind).

Here is the video:

Roy had to stay home again, his mount has to study for his mountain licence first. The real VIP of this clear was a late Bartre, who gave his Smite to Cherche. 

Smite is the new meta. Seriously tho, I am very much impressed by this. This is very interesting 

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Smite is the new meta. Seriously tho, I am very much impressed by this. This is very interesting 

Glad you like it. I don't know if I get also the others done (especially Ursula), but I could tag you too if you want.

Recorded so far:

Spoiler

Lloyd (Infernal GHB):

Chrom & Lissa (Infernal BHB):

F!Grima (Inferal LHB):

I remember have done also Arvis at least, but didn't make a video. 

@mampfoid Nice use of Smite! Bartre's moustache powers have been useful.

It's amazing how Cordelia can take a hit, I feel she's quite frail but I guess that speed gives her 'bulk'.

Just you wait, Binding Blade refine turns Roy into a flier. Then you can give him Galeforce so he can join in.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It's amazing how Cordelia can take a hit, I feel she's quite frail but I guess that speed gives her 'bulk'.

She really took only 1 hit, the others don't count because of TA3. 

Usually she has Fury equipped for 29 DEF and 32 RES. Usually she needs to take only 1 hit, that's what Desperation is for. 

Currently I have her set as my Rep. Tell me if you want her or Cherche (or someone else) for Rival Domains.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just you wait, Binding Blade refine turns Roy into a flier. Then you can give him Galeforce so he can join in.

That would be fantastic! Binding Blade will make him into a flier with 3 tiles movement rate and in-built Galeforce which can proc twice per turn.  I'd invest the 1,000 Devine Dew.