Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

I've been busy this weekend, so I'm a bit late with my clear, but here it is!

With the Drive Atk 2 seal, Azura and Klein's support is unnecessary, as he doesn't need any of the other stat boosts in this battle. I simply didn't want to break up their support for this video. Considering that the chapter that this battle is based on is known for having loads of reinforcements, I'm surprised there aren't any here.

While I hold off on watching other videos before I finish my own because I enjoy coming up with solutions on my own, I love watching all of the awesome clears you guys come up with! Your amazing strategies, unorthodox ideas and impressive units are inspiring and entertaining. 

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid I was surprised to see Groom Marth. I honestly thought you meant vanilla Marth when you mentioned him. Nice to see him find way into one of your videos.

@Rafiel's Aria I thought Mia was dead there at the end. I know she has the WTA in her favor but Linus hits hard with that Luna. Good thing his wrath wasn’t active.

@Zeo Poor Linus stood no chance against you. Could barely put a dent on the living walls that were Matt and Inigo. I assume Genny must have killed the Lance wyvern before. It’s the only enemy I see which would make sense considering that without Savage Blow Inigo wouldn’t have been able OHKO it and Genny would be in range of it.

@mcsilas Oh neat. Katarina has the same nature as the one I just summoned +spd/-res. Nice use of guidance right there in the beginning to quickly get Katarina in there and then out. Can’t believe that Beruka almost got that Sword Fighter near the end. If only she had one more atk or a bit more defense. Well at least that way Ursula got a kill for herself.

Here’s my run of it.

I would’ve liked to do an all Black Fang clear but I lack Jaffar or Legault to do that so Priscilla joined instead.

It took a few tries but it wasn’t all that bad. The biggest issue was how I would deal with the Dagger user. Ursula gets close with her special but it wasn’t enough. Turns out that all I needed was to let Nino get a hit on the Manakete to charge up her Dragon Fang.

U̶r̶s̶u̶l̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶m̶m̶o̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ Scratch that. It comes into play for avoiding a double from the Dagger user. Priscilla with a spur/drive spd could’ve helped with that though. The same thing applies between Nino and Lloyd. The only difference would be that Priscilla would need to step in to deal with the Manakete.

Music used this time around was “Defiler of Taboos” and “Venus Lighthouse”

Edited by NegativeExponents-

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd give out my spare Minervas if I could. (It's not like they've got anything better to do since Sothe and Shigure have her skills covered.)

I wish they'd let you use friends' lead units in regular game modes (only after you've cleared a node).

Minerva’s the unit I was thinking of making my green Galeforce unit, incidentally.

I’d love a use friend units option like that.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Who do you have in mind for green GF?

^ . The best Minerva I’ve pulled is +Atk/-Def. Still good for Galeforce, I think. I have enough feathers for the Cordelia promotion too...

29 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mampfoid I was surprised to see Groom Marth. I honestly thought you meant vanilla Marth when you mentioned him. Nice to see him find way into one of your videos.

I'm far from giving GF to Infantry units at this point, but Marths Cav variant fits very well into my one turn clear toolbox. Glad you like to see him, it won't be the last time for sure. 

I would’ve liked to do an all Black Fang clear but I lack Jaffar or Legault to do that so Priscilla joined instead.

Give Priscilla a mask accessore and nobody will notice. ;-)

Here’s my run of it.

Nice, it's crazy how good Nino is even at 4* rarity, her Dragon Fang utterly destroys the high res dagger. Lloyd is surprisingly productive as well, strange how many good units exist that I never considered to use. 

Congratulations! 

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

^ . The best Minerva I’ve pulled is +Atk/-Def. Still good for Galeforce, I think. I have enough feathers for the Cordelia promotion too...

Go for it :-)

Do you think GF Airzura would be a good idea? 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Go for it :-)

Do you think GF Airzura would be a good idea? 

It depends on the situation, I think. It’d work well if you don’t need her to Sing to get an ally over to the enemy, or to refresh someone who used a positioning assist to get an ally to the enemy. Shame there’s no Escape Route seal, since that would take care of the latter case.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It depends on the situation, I think. It’d work well if you don’t need her to Sing to get an ally over to the enemy, or to refresh someone who used a positioning assist to get an ally to the enemy. Shame there’s no Escape Route seal, since that would take care of the latter case.

The idea was to let unit A kill 2 opponents, Airzura beams in to kill the third opponent, procs GF and sings for unit A. I saw that once in an one turn clear of Robin's GHB with blue Azura (Brave Lance). 

I kinda forgot about Linus untill now..... whoops. Flier emblem destroys this map easily so I decided to use some of my favourite characters instead. L!Ephraim, SM!Eirika, Groom Marth and Soliel were able to clear it after a few tries. Everyone played an important part and the twins had to run away from everything. It was rather shocking that Ephraim tanked a shot from the Blue mage.

I was able to complete this one by myself. I know those are the ones that many find too easy, but oh well. It's nice to have them on occasion xD

Completed it with Olwen, Kinshi Ryoma, Dark Azura and Cecilia :)

Also I forgot to respond to a few people, so here it is!

@NegativeExponents- Nice clear! Great to see units like Lloyd contribute! Looks like he didn't even need a refine and easily tanked his brother's Luna despite his low Defense! Ursula's cavalry move is really useful as well when she 'tactically retreated' from the enemy thief.

And yeah Katarina is great, she's a great bladetomer since most red mages are slow. Hope you enjoy using her when you get the chance! Also Guidance was mostly a shortcut so I didn't have to spend too many turns reaching the manakete, first turn would still be Beruka Repositioning Katarina back.  I also plan to give Beruka Sturdy Stance from a spare L!Ephraim but she barely has any SP right now so she just missed out on the KO.

@mampfoid Great use of Pass! I love it when niche skills become useful! Groom Marth looks like a great green GF unit. Looks easy but I great job since you sounded like you had a hard time trying to make it work despite a lot of people saying the map is easy. Props to your work either way!

Can't wait to see you somehow incorporate Knock Back in your strat :P

And yes Guidance is one of my favourite skills, so good it's a SS since I never had Tana.

@Rafiel's Aria Part of me was hoping a Basilikos vs Basilikos battle between Raven and Linus! Now I kinda want to try a clear of that if I have time.. Great effort from Mia too!

@Ginko Thanks! I plan to upgrade Saizo soon, Smoke Dagger debuffs are pretty fun to use. 

@Zeo It's always amusingly satisfying to see units do exact damage to finish off an opponent like Matthew did. Still, great clear once again. Matthew shrugging off Linus is impressive!

When I have time I'll do a FE7 themed clear as well, it's a bit of a long clear so it'll take some time to record.

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Great use of Pass! I love it when niche skills become useful! Groom Marth looks like a great green GF unit. 

Thanks! Didn't regret to use Party Marth so far. 

20 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Looks easy but I great job since you sounded like you had a hard time trying to make it work despite a lot of people saying the map is easy. 

Like I wrote before, my biggest obstacles (Wary Fighter, Guard, long distances between units, ultra high DEF) don't affect other players so much if they only want to solve the map no matter in how many turns. On the other hand I don't need to care about Reinforcements, Field Buffs, Debuffs and Ploys, which is nice. I have the deepest respect for people who have the patience to tank ~20 infernal units of a reinforcement map. 

23 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Can't wait to see you somehow incorporate Knock Back in your strat :P

Ha, no problem. :-) (Can't promise it will work on an one turn clear though.)

The idea would be to attack an hard to kill opponent (like Valter or Zephiel) with two of my units. The first would knock the opponent back, to let my second unit beam in for the final blow. 

29 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

And yes Guidance is one of my favourite skills, so good it's a SS since I never had Tana.

I just got one of my AA streaks destroyed, because of a L!Ryoma with Guidance. I should consider it for a mixed team. 

31 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

When I have time I'll do a FE7 themed clear as well, it's a bit of a long clear so it'll take some time to record.

I'm looking forward to see your solution! 

So I was quickly inspired to do this run. @Rafiel's Aria I'm sure you'd like this.

@Ginko @mampfoid @Zeo @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @NegativeExponents-

Basilikos Vs Basilikos!

Team is +Spd/-HP Raven, +Atk/-Spd Lucius, +Spd/-Atk Ninian and +Res/-Def Bride Ninian.

Music is Villainous from the King of Fighters 2003 arranged soundtrack

-Basically Raven shows off who has the better Basilikos with Lucius. Oh and Ninians being bridesmaids I guess.

-Glad I haven't foddered off my -Spd Lucius yet for his staff. Also here is the debut of the fully upgraded Savage Blow skill. Oh and Miracle clutch. Not bad for an unbuilt Lucius without staff refines.

-Again, Guidance is such a fun skill to use, which made Lucius more mobile.

-Raven sweep in the end is satisfying. First against Linus's Basilikos, then saying nope to the weapon triangle and demolishing the red units.

-An earlier attempt took longer and had Ninian do a dragon battle with the red manakete.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas This time I could enjoy your video with audio, very nice - congratulations to your clear! It's immediately a different experience with music. I wish I had some of your editing skills or just the experience to choose a nice track. 

Miracle was important here and another time guidance, but I didn't understand the double Ninian. Is she somehow related to both Raven and Julius in their game? 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas This time I could enjoy your video with audio, very nice - congratulations to your clear! It's immediately a different experience with music. I wish I had some of your editing skills or just the experience to choose a nice track. 

Miracle was important here and another time guidance, but I didn't understand the double Ninian. Is she somehow related to both Raven and Julius in their game? 

6 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Awesome video, @mcsilas! That soundtrack is tops, too.

There weren't any support conversations between Raven and Ninian in the game they came from IIRC.

I just needed Dancers to be honest and it helps that one of them flies.

plus at least she’s from the same game 

but thanks!

Edited by mcsilas

41 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I just needed Dancers to be honest and it helps that one of them flies.

plus at least she’s from the same game

I won't complain - since I didn't get her, at least I could admire flying Ninian in your video. :-)

I should stop to yolo summon every time I write about a character I remotely desire to pull. Somehow I'm not successful anymore in these (orb count 1).

@mampfoid Grats on the Cordelia! Hopefully you pull more soon. +7 is a dangerous number I've noticed. At least for units you want to pull more of. I've pulled over 10 Saizos and Serras since the last Matthew I pulled. This game knows. I'm just glad Matthew is only Hone SPD 3 fodder. Chrom is another story though... I wish I could have Aether fodder once in a while.

@Ginko Genny has quite a bit of RES actually. I should consider giving her a Ploy or two, the dual hones are just a really good staple is all. She really is a solid support unit all around. I don't think I've ever used her as a passive debuffer.

@kirauza343 Much thanks! I don't think I've seen a comment from you before. Apologies if I have.

@Alexmender It's funny but Inigo actually did more tanking than Matthew himself in this one. The only unit Matthew actually had to contend with was Linus himself. I'm inclined to say Inigo was the MVP of this map if there was one at all.

@Rafiel's Aria @Usana To be perfectly honest, as soon as I looked at the map I knew I was going to come up from the left. It was surprising to me to see so many people go up the right. It seemed like a much more dangerous approach in my opinion.

@Fei Mao Thanks. Glad that after all this time these clears are still entertaining to watch.

@mcsilas The exact damage on Linus is actually exactly why I equipped Savage Blow on Matthew. For the first run I noticed he was left at 7 HP if Matthew attacked him and it was just like "...really? okay." and had to kill him with Ayra. I prefer to let Matt kill the enemy leader if I can.

Upgrade that Hone SPD seal! So many uncommon units in use here. Beruka tanking the sword was pretty cool and Katarina was actually an interesting reminder that out of all the red mages I have, I actually don't have a red Blade tome mage (unless you count *4 +5 Tharja). 

Impressive Kiting for the 2nd clear as well!. Yet another video to make me even more bitter that I don't have Flying Ninian. Lucius Miracle really came in handy and Pain + Savage Blow yet again shows how ridiculous it is for multiple adjacent enemies. I actually have the seal upgraded to max now that I think about it. Shoutouts to Raven also doing what he does as always.

@NegativeExponents- It was indeed the blue wyvern that Genny killed. It wasn't all that necessary though, it's fine.

I was going to be thoroughly disappointed if Lloyd didn't fight Linus in this clear and I'm happy to say I wasn't. Watching this reminded me out how underwhelming Ursula is though. She really needs a prf tome. Still, good use was made of her and brilliant and perfectly prepared Dragon Fang at the end there for the last kill. Good work. Also shoutouts to Venus Lighthouse! Fire Emblem and Golden Sun (The Lost Age, I played that one first) were my 2 most favorite games back on the GBA.

And now for something of my own. It's been a while, but they've returned.

For this clear M!Morgan didn't even need Close Counter honestly, but I kept it cause why not. A few seals needed to be swapped out in order to get this to work. But the key to winning was actually a certain assist skill you rarely ever see period, let alone in clears like this. Team's still not complete, but I'm leaning towards the direction I want them to go in, we'll get there.

Edited by Zeo

oh guys, I'm sorry for very late reply.

@mcsilas Why everyone have a +Spd Raven while I'm stuck with +Atk Raven?+Spd never come to me T^T.  I got pitybroken by Lucius 2 times. He is part of my Sakura now. The other one wait for my first Elise to have his skills.

@Ae†her Your Nino looks deadly. She kill her brother with no buff. Ryoma is unemployed, I thought you will use him kill Linus. And close call to Ephraim but he is powerful too. Next time you can tag me, I'll gladly be your audience ^^.

@Zeo Nice! It's M. Morgan showtime. He doesn't need Close Counter for this map at all. I have him with good IV waiting to build too but out of feathers.

As for me, I have another upload featuring my Sothe. He is unstopable for this map. Hope you guys enjoy too.

Edited by Ginko

@Zeo Nice! Great use of that certain Assist skill! Great to see the team coming together.

I wonder if you'll ever use Ninian's Light Breath+ refine since you're all about buffs and debuffs? Just wondering if it ever will be useful for a PvE map.

I'll upgrade Hone Spd when I need that extra point of Spd

Morgan can probably do a bladetome pretty well when you want to switch up his prf I guess?

I still need to search for Brinian for my main though. This clear really made me appreciate her niche even more. Hope she comes to you, either now or a future Legendary banner!

@Ginko More Persona music! And yeah Sothe's great, I was gonna use my Sothe but Saizo fit the assassin theme better (and it would be more impressive to have a 4 star help the clear). But yeah Sothe's weapon is pretty nice for maps like these where they huddle up.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't pulled any good Ravens in my main. So Linus will have to be my main axe infantry.

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

As for me, I have another upload featuring my Sothe. He is unstopable for this map. Hope you guys enjoy too.

Indeed, Sothe is very cool in this map, congratulations! I was planning to promote him for my story re-run (with Leif, Lissa and Subaki), but from your clear I can see he appreciates a dancer to profit from his own debuffs. 

5 hours ago, Ginko said:

Your Nino looks deadly. She kill her brother with no buff. Ryoma is unemployed, I thought you will use him kill Linus. And close call to Ephraim but he is powerful too. Next time you can tag me, I'll gladly be your audience ^^.

Yeah, Nino always does her best, she needed an Atk+3 even after all those buffs though to kill that Sword unit. Linus just has pathetic Res, Nino showed no mercy. As for my Ephraim, well this is one of those time's where his Res boon came in handy, though you could easily replace the A slot with TA 3, and he could still kill that dagger. Overall I'd say anyone with the right units could do it, especially if you replace Nino with a Blue Bladetome, the buff from PA!Azura should be enough to kill Linus, and the blue mage, and the lance flier of course. My easiest GHB run yet.

@mampfoid I'm sure you've gotten plenty of comments about this but that Pass was indeed some magic. I'm glad underutilized skills like Pass get a chance to shine here. Although I do have to admit that when you mentioned Marth, I thought you were referring to his infantry version. Nice to see your repertoire of Galeforce units grow. 

Below is my Infernal clear of this GHB. That blue mage posed as a small annoyance with Drive Speed but Goad Cavalry gave Cecilia enough speed for her to double the sword fighter. On a side note, I think Cecilia is going to file a complaint for making her tank physical hits XD

Edited by tobuShogi

@tobuShogi Wow, Cecilia doesn't care much about the weapon triangle. A little sad to see an unemployed Roy, but his teammates are doing a great job. 

Yeah, I should have been more specific about Marth, but Infantry Marth didn't seem like an obvious GF candidate to me. Pass was fun to integrate, glad you liked it.