Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I'm very happy about rival domains enemies not being randomised anymore. It should make the whole thing a lot less annoying and luck-based. Other changes for that mode are just "meh" to me.

One thing I am a bit iffy about in this update is not losing exp or sp if your unit is defeated. It just makes the game sound a little bit too easy. But you can get your units to lvl 40 pretty fast anyway nowadays anyway so I guess it isn't that big of a deal.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Everyone talking about sacrificing Takumi, and here I am happy to finally get a merge for my boy. Wonder if I should stick to the +Atk -Spd one or go with the neutral type.

Also, no he is not meta defining anymore, but can people stop talking as if he is absolute trash. He still more than gets the job done. Gamepedia even downgraded him to the same tier as Niles and Setsuna which is completely undeserved. He is a bit overshadowed, sure, but that doesn't make him somehow worse by himself. 

Keep him if you want a solid archer. And if you don't have someone who is really aching for CC (which not many units can use well anyway), he is not going to taint your barracks or anything.

Edited by Nanima

I’m not giving his CC to anyone because I’ve never had a Takumi before (and no, the GHB doesn’t count). He’d suffered enough at my hand (via Lilina), and it’s only fair that the guy catches a break.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Keep him if you want a solid archer. 

Hey, he's going to be my very first close counter unit so he'll definitely occupy a new niche in my team. 

Oh and he teleports too. I'll make him good. :)

12 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Everyone talking about sacrificing Takumi, and here I am happy to finally get a merge for my boy. Wonder if I should stick to the +Atk -Spd one or go with the neutral type.

Also, no he is not meta defining anymore, but can people stop talking as if he is absolute trash. He still more than gets the job done. Gamepedia even downgraded him to the same tier as Niles and Setsuna which is completely undeserved. He is a bit overshadowed, sure, but that doesn't make him somehow worse by himself. 

Keep him if you want a solid archer. And if you don't have someone who is really aching for CC (which not many units can use well anyway), he is not going to taint your barracks or anything.

I'd never get rid of him if I didn't already have one, but since I do have one and I don't really bother much with merges, his CC is going to be more useful for me. Sounds good for a merge, too, though if you do go in for them :) He's still got great art and a great voice, too, so I like using him where I can, but I don't tend to use bow units all that much >.<

21 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

I'm very happy about rival domains enemies not being randomised anymore. It should make the whole thing a lot less annoying and luck-based. Other changes for that mode are just "meh" to me.

One thing I am a bit iffy about in this update is not losing exp or sp if your unit is defeated. It just makes the game sound a little bit too easy. But you can get your units to lvl 40 pretty fast anyway nowadays anyway so I guess it isn't that big of a deal.

It just helps with stamina, really. When your trained unit is autobattling the hardest training map but doesn't quite make it, it's still a better deal than challenging the next one down due to the amount of exp. gained vs stamina spent.

3 minutes ago, Raven said:

It just helps with stamina, really. When your trained unit is autobattling the hardest training map but doesn't quite make it, it's still a better deal than challenging the next one down due to the amount of exp. gained vs stamina spent.

True, I didn't think of that

25 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Finally someone appreciates him. I can't wait to merge my baby boy. He'll be +4?

If he's wielding a brave bow, +attack is amazing otherwise go with neutral. 

Edited by Skylorella Con

I haven't summoned a Takumi since he was a focus unit at the beginning of the game. Not that I ever use him, so I suppose he will become close counter fodder for someone I actually use.

@Vaximillian Reminds me of today's bonus map. Intsys really loves setting him up as a map boss.

@Vince777 He's sadly not the best user of CC unless you happen to run a +Def one. I'd recommend Death Blow, Swift Sparrow or LnD as A skills otherwise. The teleporting can be surprisingly useful at times, although I personally run him as a Brave Bow unit.

@Cute Chao Eh, it's fine. I do have a Halloween Henry who would make good use of it. Or the Jaffar I pulled recently. But I'll wait until they release CC as a seal or I somehow get a Christmas Tharja. Yes, I'd rather sacrifice a Chrsitmas Tharja than Takumi and it's not because I hate her.

@mcsilas Oh I am looking forward to seeing that. I don't really have the patience for such clears and my Ryouma is -Spd +Def anyway, so I'll leave it up to you.

@Skylorella Con +4 is already a great step forward. It'll be the first merge for me, sadly. After being my very first 5*, he just didn't seem to come home again. And thanks for the advice, guess I'll stick to +Atk.

@Nanima

Fully understandable. I'm actively trying not to get a Winter Tharja on my account 'cos I really hate what they did with her compared to the others on her banner, but I also have a rule where I keep one of every unit I get, so if I got her, I'd keep her until I got more of her. I'd rather just keep her space blank in my catalogue and not have her in my HM list...

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

This for me. That said, my only +Atk Takumi is -Spd (twins!), and my only +Spd Takumi is -Atk, and I actually happen to already have a neutral one. Probably going to merge into the neutral base.

On the other hand, if I ever bother to actually do the merge, he'll hit +8 with it (1 merge short of Innes and 2 merges short of Jeorge).

I'm so close to a +10 that I might as well actually hit +10 before I start foddering off for Close Counter.

Edited by Ice Dragon

52 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Wait until you start playing yugioh. A majority of the players regard any archetype that's not meta as trash

He's not trash, but neutral isn't exactly the best. I recall watching a video analyzing how Takumi truly got a knife in the stomach, not just with SI, but newer archers being brought into the game better stat spreads. He's strongly IV dependant if you want to make the most out of him. Being 5* exclusive somewhat hurts his viability as merging can be difficult as well as IV hunting. But you can bring any unit to tier 20 through dedication and hard work

You looked at Fallen Takumi's tier ranking. Again, you can bring any unit to tier 20 despite their tier ranking

Now if only Clarisse can be added to the regular summoning pool. She has a super boon in attack which is quite nice

15 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

He's not trash, but neutral isn't exactly the best. I recall watching a video analyzing how Takumi truly got a knife in the stomach, not just with SI, but newer archers being brought into the game better stat spreads. He's strongly IV dependant if you want to make the most out of him. Being 5* exclusive somewhat hurts his viability as merging can be difficult as well as IV hunting. But you can bring any unit to tier 20 through dedication and hard work

You looked at Fallen Takumi's tier ranking. Again, you can bring any unit to tier 20 despite their tier ranking

Yeah, the reason he got overshadowed was SI and new, better archers coming along. This didn't happen as much to other early meta units (Hector never got any non-seasonal competition), which is why people often point to this. Problem is, that they also like to exaggerate his fall and now paint him as worthless. Yes, his potential is somehwat limited, although given how frequently he is featured on banners, the 5* limit isn't that big a deal. I mostly got unlucky in my pulls though.. 

And no, they actually did downgrade OG Takumi to A- on Gamepedia's unit tier list. Now he is sitting there with his Fallen form, Setsuna and Summer!Gaius (Niles being one step further down). He really doesn't belong there.

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

And no, they actually did downgrade OG Takumi to A- on Gamepedia's unit tier list. Now he is sitting there with his Fallen form, Setsuna and Summer!Gaius (Niles being one step further down). He really doesn't belong there.

Umm, no. I'm looking at the tier list and there's contradictions to what you say and I see. While yes, he's A- and is sitting with Summer Gaius in the same spot, Setsuna is in a different row as well as Fallen Takumi

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Umm, no. I'm looking at the tier list and there's contradictions to what you say and I see. While yes, he's A- and is sitting with Summer Gaius in the same spot, Setsuna is in a different row as well as Fallen Takumi

You are looking at the Arena Tier list. i am talking about the normal tier list here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_list

Yayy Camilla and mCorrin are going to be better! Camilla could use something to improve her mixed bulk or offensive power. mCorrin needs something pretty good to be in the same line as the current sword users. Maybe Mathilda can wield Saunion next time.

9 minutes ago, Nanima said:

You are looking at the Arena Tier list. i am talking about the normal tier list here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tier_list

Oh. That's the budget tierlist. It doesn't reflect a unit's overall ability really that well as tiers shift for units depending which tierlist you use. You do have to consider the fact this isn't deep investment

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Yeah! I can't believe they're giving one of him away for free. And I already have a +SPD/-HP one so I'm good for the actual unit. As for who'll get CC though...

I'm not sure yet what to do, perhaps I'll start a +10 project for a ranged unit and CC would be a nice option. Otherwise M!Morgan and Oliver seem good candidates. 

(I even encountered a invincible CC Deirdre and a full team of four +10 Gennys all with CC in Arena today.)

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm curious about the shifts in the arena that will come from less rounds being allowed. As for bonus allies getting a boost, say goodbye to defence wins.

Usually you bring one bonus unit, which should be the only unit without merges in your team. I don't think it will make such a difference for defense wins. 

I nearly have enough feathers to promote three units to 5*. Kaze is the first definite, because I have been waiting for him long enough. Considering M!Corrin for my red unit. Not sure on the green just yet... Maybe Boey or Merric.... I still don't really care enough for Camilla to want to promote her, even with the refine. I'll leave her for a future one.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. That's the budget tierlist. It doesn't reflect a unit's overall ability really that well as tiers shift for units depending which tierlist you use. You do have to consider the fact this isn't deep investment

Well, considering he is now a free unit, he really should get back to the same tier as Virion at least. Virion needs most of his skills replaced if he is to shine, and the only leg up he got over Takumi is easy (more like annoying) availabilty. This is now a moot point outside of merges, and Takumi has a lot more going for him statwise.

31 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Well, considering he is now a free unit, he really should get back to the same tier as Virion at least. Virion needs most of his skills replaced if he is to shine, and the only leg up he got over Takumi is easy (more like annoying) availabilty. This is now a moot point outside of merges, and Takumi has a lot more going for him statwise.

There are two main reasons why Takumi is rated where he is on the budget tier list. Firstly, natures are allowed for common units like Virion, but are disregarded for rare units. Takumi is therefore rated on his 32/33 offenses, Virion is actually ahead with 34/31. Takumi soon being free does not change this as getting an optimal one is no easier than it was before. Second is that 5-star inheritance is disallowed, so they're either rated with their default weapons, or a 4-star weapon like a regular Brave Bow. Yes, Virion's default skillset is unimpressive, but the thing is, once you look below the gloss, so is Takumi's. Fujin Yumi is frankly rather unimpressive and basically performs the same as a Silver Bow+ once both are refined. Close Counter is rare, sure, but is not the best A-skill for him in practice, and both are allowed to have Death Blow 3 for the purposes of this list. Building Takumi is pretty much the same amount of investment as building Virion.

So yeah, If you look at the archers rated above him, they either have a better weapon (which is most of them) or have a big stat advantage (Bridelia). When you go to the arena tier list, suddenly Takumi is allowed to be +atk and have a Brave Bow+ and so he moves up.

In general though, Takumi's biggest problem is Klein. Basically the same offensive statline, but Klein already starts with what would be Takumi's optimal set, and is much more available. A fully built Takumi becomes another Klein, for use in AA or out of favouritism. I have a perfect +Atk -Res Takumi, but I haven't bothered building him up because I rarely use my Klein as it is, so why would I need a second? If I didn't have Bridelia I'd probably have done so though.

Edited by Humanoid