Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

19 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Why reinforcements ? Why that many ? Why he moves when reinforcements still come ? T_T

It was pretty tough back in October as well, still don't know what to do with Alfonse.

What do you have to work with? I can try to give advice.

Edit: Said screw it, brought Alfonse to find an Arvis to 1v1 in AA and cleared normal.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It was pretty tough back in October as well, still don't know what to do with Alfonse.

What do you have to work with? I can try to give advice.

Well, the big problem in here is that Arvis have his special activated. That with the problem of reinforcement which forced me to move my units in a way to kill them, I'm always stuck because I have a green unit who can't escape Arvis... In infernal and while I'm trying to do the infantry-only quest in Lunatic. It's frustrating...

Edited by Ledrert

The infantry only was a royal pain. Yeah Ninian and Myrrh can easily solo it. But Myrrh isn't infantry and Fae is no where near as indestructible. I did manage with dragon emblem in the end but it required some hone/spur/attack seal trickery since everything and their great grandmother kept surviving attacks with 1-3 HP.

1 hour ago, Ledrert said:

Well, the big problem in here is that Arvis have his special activated. That with the problem of reinforcement which forced me to move my units in a way to kill them, I'm always stuck because I have a green unit who can't escape Arvis... In infernal and while I'm trying to do the infantry-only quest in Lunatic. It's frustrating...

Arvis and his special is a concern. Me, I took the chance to kill him before he could, though I also was quite cautious when I did it today.

Like I said, unless I know what you're working with I can't really say all that much about how to deal with it.

<3 another Arvis merge for me! 7 more and I can ship Gunnthra and Arvis into Arena!

Infernal Arvis 2.0 all quests done, ecxept for Arvis killign Arvis, because Alfonse is killing Arvis!

This was i think one of the first GHB when i started doing kills with all Askrtrio, i remember back then they all lacked skills, now the Askrtrio is all fully decked out with all skills lol.

For a more F2P friendly video of the Askrtrio refer to my olde Infernal/Lunatic Video

I solved the first three missions with Alfonse, Ninian, Fae and Innes:

Spoiler

1. PP: Innes kills the red mage, Fae kills the blue mage. Alfonse repositions Ninian, Ninian dances Fae. Fae draws Ninian nearly to the top right corner. 

1. EP: The Axe Cav kills himself on Alfonse (QR seal). 

2. PP: Innes draws Alfonse left, Alfonse walks in front of the green armor (doesn't attack yet, otherwise he would get killed on EP), Ninian kills the red Armor and gets drawn downwards by Fae. 

2. EP: blue mage kills himself on Fae, green armor attacks Alfonse. Cavs move up. 

3. PP: Innes kills blue Cav, Alfonse  kills green Armor. Ninian and Fae move both left into the trees (Fae gets into the green Cavs range).

3. EP: Axe Cav kills himself on Fae, Arvis goes upwards. 

4. PP: Innes kills the mage and gets Repositioned by Alfonse. Ninian and Fae don't move. 

5. PP Fae attacks Arvis, Alfonse finishes Arvis. Ninian dances Fae who kills the last Cav. 

For the Arvis missions I have to rethink, because my Arvis doesn't have Reposition and can't tank the green armor. 

/Edit: Didn't need to change my team for the Arvis missions, he did his job and Fae did a little more tanking in the beginning. 

Edited by mampfoid

Hilda I'll catch that Askr video a bit later. Tired and stayed up a bit too late, they're always a treat to watch though.

@Hilda @mcsilas @Fei Mao @mampfoid @Johann @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria @Nosmur @Rezzy @Ginko @Quintessence @DarkLordIvy

He has awakened...

You'll notice something about this particular run that's different from all the other runs. I'll just say it's been a long time coming. I don't think I've ever tagged you Quintessence so I won't again if you don't want me to. This is my personal Matthew though. This took about a stamina potion just about. Kinda was just fishing out the map and wanted to see how many reinforcements were coming and got lazy with the positioning. Enjoy the ride. This one's a bit more cinematic.

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hilda I'll catch that Askr video a bit later. Tired and stayed up a bit too late, they're always a treat to watch though.

@Hilda @mcsilas @Fei Mao @mampfoid @Johann @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria @Nosmur @Rezzy @Ginko @Quintessence @DarkLordIvy

He has awakened...

You'll notice something about this particular run that's different from all the other runs. I'll just say it's been a long time coming. I don't think I've ever tagged you Quintessence so I won't again if you don't want me to. This is my personal Matthew though. This took about a stamina potion just about. Kinda was just fishing out the map and wanted to see how many reinforcements were coming and got lazy with the positioning. Enjoy the ride. This one's a bit more cinematic.

Congrats, as always!

I did my infantry one with Ike, Soren, Micaiah, and Axzura.  I subbed Alfonse and Arvis in for Ike for the quests.  I've got Ike and Soren S Supported and find they work very well for most GHBs.

@Zeo this one is one of easier GHB. I can finish this one with Firesweep on my Summer Gaius instead of using Brave Bow set. Thanks for tagging me again. I never get bored of your quality content. This make me want to build a good knife user like Sothe but no luck. After +1 merge I can't find more copy of him.

Edited by Ginko

@Zeo It's ok with tagging me, no problem ^^'. It's nice to see different clears.

Personally, I did this with Alfonse/Arvis, BIke, Micaiah and Nohrzura. Micaiah trivializes this with DD and Summoner Support, cavs and knights fear her and Arvis tinks her.

I ended up going down to Lunatic for the Alfonse quests. Felicia put in work.

Spoiler

Just for fun, I thought I'd try using a 4* Arvis down in Lunatic to see if I could get it to work. I never, ever, ever thought I'd use the Poison Strike seal, and yet...

Spoiler

PSA for those taking Alfonse to Arena Assault for the quest: He's gonna need R Tomebreaker and some clever positioning to win the duel if the other player forgot to unequip Arvis. First Arvis I encountered was still equipped, and blew a 5-star Alfonse up.

And it happens that the second Arvis I encountered remembered to unequip his weapon. Thanks anyway.

Cross-posting from Reddit, the team I won Lunatic Infantry with. Thank you, legendary banner.

• Micaiah, +Spd -HP, Chilling Wind (didn't have the SP yet to learn Glacies), Distant Def 3 / Vantage 3 / Res Ploy 1
  • S!Gaius, +Atk -HP, Glimmer, Fury 2 / Desperation 1 / Def Ploy 3 / Brash Assault 1 seal
  • PA!Olivia, +HP -Spd, Distant Def 2 / R Tomebreaker 1 / Def Ploy 2 seal
  • Olivia, neutral, 4 stars + 2, Wings of Mercy 3 / Hone Atk 3, she didn't see combat

First turn, Micaiah takes out the cavalry and S!Gaius takes on the blue mage. His first hit won't be strong enough to finish the mage, and will put him in Desperation + Brash Assault range. Regular Olivia will be dancing for S!Gaius and PA!Olivia will be dancing for Micaiah, blocking the red mage off.

Arvis only puts Micaiah into Vantage range with his Growing Flame and gets blown up when she retaliates. I don't think Iceberg will work because she will have blown it on a cavalier instead of Arvis. Thanks to R Tomebreaker, PA!Olivia tanks the red mage.

After this, S!Gaius needs to take out the axe cavalier reinforcement because he will survive Micaiah. IIRC, I sent Micaiah to finish the first red mage off. Otherwise, the rule will be S!Gaius takes mages and Micaiah takes cavalry and armors.

It's basically Lynhardt on foot.

I don't think I will be able to do Infernal without a Brave Bow+.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

@Zeo Nice edit (church scene). Your Matthew didn't even take a sweat (1 damage taken from the first blue Cav ...). It's also nice to see that Matthews buffs let Genny actually double something.

@LordFrigid Felicia taking out those armors seems just unreal. Both runs are very close calculated, but especially Arvis killing Arvis was 100% exact work. Are those units all neutral? 

@Hilda I remember the first video with the crazy miracle shenanigans, but also Arvis fits well in your team. 

@Nowi's Husband That poor blue mage, I'll call that strategy the level 1 cage

58 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

PSA for those taking Alfonse to Arena Assault for the quest: He's gonna need R Tomebreaker and some clever positioning to win the duel if the other player forgot to unequip Arvis. First Arvis I encountered was still equipped, and blew a 5-star Alfonse up.

If the Arvis (even 5*) has no boost to HP/Def, 4* Alfonse can 1-shot him because Arvis has 50 physical bulk which even default Alfonse can overcome (33+11+6). On the other hand, the Arvis I fought had Fury and so I needed him to be 5* to 1-shot him.

Course, I'm expecting 1v1 one fighting and Arvis to be ripe for taking out.

I finally did infernal with 5*Ursula, 4*+atk Donnel with spd 3 SS, PA!Inigo and 4*olivia.  Ursula took out all armor and cav units, while Donny took out the mages and the dancers danced.  I did the infantry quest by following a F2P youtube video which used Alfonse, Anna, Arvis and Fjorm.  I used AA for the kill quests.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

(snip)

No tag for me? :(:

Anyway, was great to see Matthew tank that final guy and dish it back out worse.  Felt like a subtle kick to the shins.

57 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Felicia taking out those armors seems just unreal. Both runs are very close calculated, but especially Arvis killing Arvis was 100% exact work. Are those units all neutral? 

Yeah, they’re all neutral; I’ve got a small army of them, and have slowly been leveling them up over time. Most of them I leave at 4*/Lv 40, but I tend to promote one copy of units who are defined by a personal weapon. I messed up really badly though, and ended up merging the free Fjorm, which has really sucked.

Felicia is great, yeah. Good Spd, targets the lower defensive stat, hits like a truck with Glacies, AoE Def/Res debuff, and a bit of heal support with Breath of Life...the only downside is the low physical bulk. Easily top 3 among the Hero Battle units when promoted, imo.

Edited by LordFrigid

Got the infantry and both Arvis quests done on lunatic in one go with a team of Arvis (Fury, Iceberg, Draw Back default everything else), Delthea (+atk, Life and Death, and she had desperation but didn't end up needing it), Nino (neutral, Fury and desperation, but a +spd would work better) and Axura. Axura could potentially be replaced by a different dancer (though both Arvis and Nino would need a speed boost somehow, because my Arvis needed the boost from sing to double and kill himself and Nino is a few speed short of doubling the starting blue mage without a speed boon) and Delthea could definitely be swapped with another powerful blue mage (I did infernal with Linde in her place last time around).

I just replaced Arvis with Alphonse and let the girls take care of hard with no problems. 

3 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:
  • Micaiah, +Spd -HP, Glacies, Death Blow 1 / Vantage 3 / Res Ploy 2 / Speed +1 seal
  • S!Gaius, +Atk -HP, Glimmer, Death Blow 2 / Desperation 1 / Def Ploy 3 / Brash Assault 1 seal
  • PA!Olivia, +HP -Spd, Distant Def 2 / R Tomebreaker 1 / Def Ploy 2 seal
  • Olivia, neutral, 4 stars + 2, Wings of Mercy 3 / Hone Atk 3, she didn't see combat

All stock weapons.

Skills updated for Infernal.

Starting positions: PA!Olivia top left, S!Gaius top right, Micaiah bottom left, Olivia bottom right.

P1: Micaiah kills the lance cav, PA!Olivia dances her up and blocks the way for the red mage, Micaiah kills the axe cav, S!Gaius starts on the blue mage, gets danced, and finishes the blue mage.

E1: Arvis hits Micaiah with Growing Flame, putting her into Vantage range and letting her one-shot him thanks to Glacies and Res Ploy 2. If she had Iceberg, she would have wasted it on the axe cav, and Arvis would have survived to pick someone off. PA!Olivia tanks the red mage thanks to R Tomebreaker.

P2: Micaiah kills the lance cav reinforcement, S!Gaius kills the mage reinforcement, gets danced, and then kills axe cav reinforcement. Micaiah gets danced and finishes the red mage.

And it all fell into place after that. Micaiah was blowing up the armors and S!Gaius took the mage reinforcements.

Can't believe I did it, first Infernal I completed through experimentation of my own (though it was adapted from the good old Double Dancer Lynhardt), and it was for my favorite GHB unit to boot. 

Edited by Chrom-ulent

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Congrats, as always!

I did my infantry one with Ike, Soren, Micaiah, and Axzura.  I subbed Alfonse and Arvis in for Ike for the quests.  I've got Ike and Soren S Supported and find they work very well for most GHBs.

I have those two supported as well. Just seemed like a no-brainer. Turns out it's one of the most common supports in the game lol.

6 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo this one is one of easier GHB. I can finish this one with Firesweep on my Summer Gaius instead of using Brave Bow set. Thanks for tagging me again. I never get bored of your quality content. This make me want to build a good knife user like Sothe but no luck. After +1 merge I can't find more copy of him.

I've only ever pulled one Sothe and he's +DEF/-RES. I want to build him too, but it can wait. I've got my hands full with Matthew anyways waiting on those last 4 merges. Thanks as always.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The S Support?

Pretty much. My S-Support hasn't come off Brave Lyn since it was first introduced, until now.

5 hours ago, Quintessence said:

@Zeo It's ok with tagging me, no problem ^^'. It's nice to see different clears.

Personally, I did this with Alfonse/Arvis, BIke, Micaiah and Nohrzura. Micaiah trivializes this with DD and Summoner Support, cavs and knights fear her and Arvis tinks her.

Didn't pay attention to the fact that there were no green mages either.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

No tag for me? :(:

Anyway, was great to see Matthew tank that final guy and dish it back out worse.  Felt like a subtle kick to the shins.

No! Darn it I knew someone was missing. This is what happens when you stay up too late and edit anyways. Sorry.

And yeah, was banking on that Ignis being enough to kill haha. I try to let Matthew get the last hit in if I can.

@mampfoid Pretty sure the ceiling on Genny's SPD is around 34. It's pretty easy to double Armors if they aren't running Wary Fighter. If she doubles anything else then it's because of Threaten SPD. Pretty neat that just about every unit on this team has potential to have buffed stats out the wazoo. That's why Dagger units are so fun.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Great run, cool to see your improved Matthew at work. Also, your Cath idea seemed interesting especially with the stat swap mechanic.

@LordFrigid Nice F2P run, especially with Felicia in it. d(・∀・○)

Edited by Fei Mao

Theme team clear of Infernal. I was going to use Sigurd but mine has a bad nature and also like no investment and couldn't contribute much, especially since he's the same weapon type as the much more useful Ayra and doesn't really do anything she can't do already.

So I duct taped together a Tailtiu instead.

22 hours ago, Dayni said:

Arvis and his special is a concern. Me, I took the chance to kill him before he could, though I also was quite cautious when I did it today.

Like I said, unless I know what you're working with I can't really say all that much about how to deal with it.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about (English not my native language), it's about my team I used for my tries ?