Bound Hero Battle: Heirs of Light (Seliph & Julia)

SatsumaFSoysoy

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Nice 1 turn clear with Takumi and Cordelia!

Thanks!

(If you want a tag next time, just tell me) 

Cool clear yourself! Even with Galeforce action by Alfonse, nice. 

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidTakumi getting another appearance? It's cool to see him putting in some work again! All those teleports makes me wish I had more Cains for WoM fodder right now. Also, I too was surprised there were no reinforcements. I didn't expect it to be as simple as it was.

Yeah Takumi is one of my few ranged units with WoM. CC makes him pretty unique for these situations. 

I'm happy that I got two spare Cains recently, but most of my one turn clear units only got WoM2 (Roy for example). In most cases it's good enough, but I'm also low on Pallas and out of Fredericks. 

Yes, the difference in difficulty to Ryomas map was big. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid

Drat, so sorry. I meant one go ><

I'd just finished reading your post and must've put turn instead of go. Sorry. I don't think I'll ever get to your level, but I do love watching your clears. Just clearing it in one try and not resorting to guides is enough for me :)

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@mampfoid

Drat, so sorry. I meant one go ><

I'd just finished reading your post and must've put turn instead of go. Sorry. I don't think I'll ever get to your level, but I do love watching your clears. Just clearing it in one try and not resorting to guides is enough for me :)

Ah, what a pity. I thought I found another OT buddy. If you like, I could tag you next time as well. 

There is really not much magic about OT clears. Just slap GF, WoM and special counter reducing skills on your best offensive units. The rest is like a puzzle. 

@mampfoid

That would be good :)

You say that, but it takes a fair bit of dedication, and I'm sure you've mentioned a few where you've.had to work at it to get it just right even with the skills in place :)

I have great units, but my interest has always been in collecting so my strategy side is weak. It's why guides are my love and I live vicariously through one turn clear vids and Zeo's love of Matthew, plus some others :D

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

You say that, but it takes a fair bit of dedication, and I'm sure you've mentioned a few where you've.had to work at it to get it just right even with the skills in place :)

True, Cherche, Cordelia and Roy are my arena core so they got the highest investments already. Also it's my kind of fun in this game, so perhaps I suppress the hard times afterwards. ^^'

9 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have great units, but my interest has always been in collecting so my strategy side is weak. It's why guides are my love and I live vicariously through one turn clear vids and Zeo's love of Matthew, plus some others :D

Glad you enjoy the videos. 

I also like collecting, but it colides with my other interests. Had to sacrifice my only Ike to Cherche and can't pull for all units I'd like, just to focus on some projects I have ... I'm bad at saving orbs though. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Good idea with DB3 for Micaiah. I'm not using her much on enemy phase, DD3 doesn't make much sense. 

I saw the summoner S support, are you fan of Celica? I was considering to merge mine, but I've got so many good red mages now (it took a long time for them to arrive, but they came in quantity and quality). 

I actually used to run quick riposte and double distant defense on Micaiah, but someone around here had a similar build to my current one on her and once I tried it out I fell in love with it. For me at least she works better as a player phase unit than an enemy phase.

Personally I love Celica; she's been a staple of my team since I pulled her. Admittedly I don't have any of the other "strong and fast" infantry red mages except for Tharja (who is a recent addition anyway), but I do think she's on the better side of those. She doesn't need a bladetome for offense so panic doesn't scare her (and she isn't reliant on buffs from her team), and her prf's effect has held up pretty well (she could use a stat boost refine, but that's pretty minor compared to some other prfs like Tana's) and is one of the better red tome prfs for pure offense. The downside of her prf is easily manageable with renewal, healers (who are no longer terrible), or a healing support/special, especially if you run swift sparrow or something similar over life and death. I would 100% recommend building her up, but I will admit I'm very biased.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

The new units seem powerful like always, but nothing too interesting for me. I got so many swords, enough daggers and Nino ... I'm not convinced yet. 

I'd be happy to get them as pity breakers or from a legendary banner in the future though. 

Good decision on Cherche, I'm really impatient to get more merges for her. In Arena she is usually my most reliable sweeper. 

I kind of want to see this sentence completed. ^^' 

I've mostly been wanting another flying mage for my flier emblem teams. It seems now that I have an abundance of fliers, and I tend to use the same ones or just build a team around Summer Corrin. Nino will give me another color to play with. I'm thinking maybe I'll stick her on a team with Palla, Tana, and maybe Minerva or Cherche. 

RIP that sentence. I don't remember what I was going to write. I think it was something about Karel or Virion in a BHB since they both kind of have stupidly high HP as infantry units. But my brain doesn't remember what it wanted to do.

@NegativeExponents- @kirauza343 This is a reminder to myself to watch your videos later once I get off of work. XD Also letting you know that you're not being ignored! 

7 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@Ginko I'm still obsessed with your Shiro because daaaaaaaaang. That zero damage from the axe flier though.

Thank you for your compliment. Shiro is bulky already and Def tactics seal make him even more bulky.

Your Celica first initiation look so deadly. I recommend to give your Celica the Heavy Blade seal combine with AOE special and she will be unstopable.

Nice clear, all your ladies are awesome!!

@mampfoid Finally got around to watching. Nice work on both! I wasn't expecting you to leave the Lance Dragon alive for the Takumi clear, that was a close shave! Cherche doubling something was funny too.

@kirauza343 Nice work yourself! Always good to see Celica in action. I'm caught on the Vidofnir refinement. On one hand, I'd definitely like to at least see +7 Def when attacked (though if they straight-up overhauled it I probably wouldn't complain). On the other, I'm so used to having her be my Galeforcer at this point...

~

Since I'm here anyway...the "only Caeda fights" clear features more Brave Sword+Dancer action.

Spoiler

I still hate Lance Dragons. At least this one didn't have Swordbreaker. *grumble grumble* F!Grima map *grumble*

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

True, Cherche, Cordelia and Roy are my arena core so they got the highest investments already. Also it's my kind of fun in this game, so perhaps I suppress the hard times afterwards. ^^'

Glad you enjoy the videos. 

I also like collecting, but it colides with my other interests. Had to sacrifice my only Ike to Cherche and can't pull for all units I'd like, just to focus on some projects I have ... I'm bad at saving orbs though. 

I don't even like Ike, but I've kept all three copies I've got of him xD 

It was the main reason I didn't want Winter Tharja to win the vote. I don't like her design or her character and don't want her in my game, but if I got her, she would forever be on my HM list and in my catalogue so I wouldn't be able to fodder her off. Without being handed her, I can keep on forgetting she exists :D 

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I lold when Julia didn't even get to fight.

Eirika bullied her hard, the poor girl standing alone watching her comrades get slaughtered (or just get a good whack because it was just practice) unable to do anything. That's why she should leave that stuff to the grown-ups like her mom. 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, ATK tactic already proofed it's value in many clears. Roy and Cherche profit very much from that buff in arena too. 

I already recorded an alternate version, but not 100% PP either. I think that's enough for this map, the next GHB is already in sight. 

Also you got ATK tactic on your Cordelia! I'm envious of her +8 merge and Chill Def though, pretty cool. 

Lol, the Lance Flier was not much of an annoyance to Eirika, dealing only 9 damage. Congratulations! 

Oh, I didn't see that one. Cherche swept through that map like it was nothing! Very nice!

Thanks! That flier was more like a mosquito, not a threat but it having Panic Ploy certainly made it annoying to deal with.

Yeah, Atk Tactic is what allows Eirika to get a scary high Atk despite her +Spd nature. I thought I'd regret the LA!Lilina I sacrificed for it but the skill really pulled it's weight. 

Haha, to be honest Chill Def is just because I really, really hate Zelgius in arena and watching Cordelia ORKO him every single time makes me happy. Thinking about it Chill Def tends to overlap with Def Ploy quite a bit, maybe Eirika should get another C-skill.

7 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've mostly been wanting another flying mage for my flier emblem teams. It seems now that I have an abundance of fliers, and I tend to use the same ones or just build a team around Summer Corrin. Nino will give me another color to play with. I'm thinking maybe I'll stick her on a team with Palla, Tana, and maybe Minerva or Cherche. 

Then new Nino seems a solid choice for you, also the team looks good (even if Palla became the weakest sword flier with Caedas refinement). Too bad Hone Fliers is still hard to get.

I'm covered with Camilla, she runs both Gronnblade and Gronnraven. Together with Nowi, Corrin and Azura she is nigh unstoppable. 

7 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Personally I love Celica; she's been a staple of my team since I pulled her. Admittedly I don't have any of the other "strong and fast" infantry red mages except for Tharja (who is a recent addition anyway), but I do think she's on the better side of those. She doesn't need a bladetome for offense so panic doesn't scare her (and she isn't reliant on buffs from her team), and her prf's effect has held up pretty well (she could use a stat boost refine, but that's pretty minor compared to some other prfs like Tana's) and is one of the better red tome prfs for pure offense. The downside of her prf is easily manageable with renewal, healers (who are no longer terrible), or a healing support/special, especially if you run swift sparrow or something similar over life and death. I would 100% recommend building her up, but I will admit I'm very biased.

My Eirika and BB!Tharja are both very good (I just got both recently), but if I ever build and merge Celica, she would become the strongest among them. Now that I think about it, I even have 1 Swift Sparrow fodder. 

Do you also like fallen Celica? She is one of the few sword infantry units I consider to invest heavily in. 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Since I'm here anyway...the "only Caeda fights" clear features more Brave Sword+Dancer action.

I still hate Lance Dragons. At least this one didn't have Swordbreaker. *grumble grumble* F!Grima map *grumble*

The beginning looked almost too easy for your Caeda, that lance flier was another thing though. He got swept away by a rare 100% kill with quad attack, DEF ploy and Iceberg combined (lance got 57 HP, Caeda dealt 9+9+9+30=57 damage). Congratulations! 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@kirauza343 Nice work yourself! Always good to see Celica in action. I'm caught on the Vidofnir refinement. On one hand, I'd definitely like to at least see +7 Def when attacked (though if they straight-up overhauled it I probably wouldn't complain). On the other, I'm so used to having her be my Galeforcer at this point...

Perhaps Tana could get a special counter reducing refinement. Something like "if DEF higher than opponents DEF or RES, special cooldown charge +1 per attack". Awesome would be build-in WoM or Desperation. 

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't even like Ike, but I've kept all three copies I've got of him xD 

I also kept B!Ike and L!Ike. L!Ikes art looks badass and he is a big help in GHB auto-grinding. But vanilla Ike is still the only source of Heavy Blade, that sealed his fate when he dared to show his +ATK face in my barracks. His revenge is indeed to scar my HM list with an eternal zero entry. 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Oh, I didn't see that one. Cherche swept through that map like it was nothing! Very nice!

Thanks! That flier was more like a mosquito, not a threat but it having Panic Ploy certainly made it annoying to deal with.

Yep Cherche is a beast, I can run her without any ATK boosting A- or S-Skill (occupied by Heavy Blade + QP) and she still kills Nowis and Corrins in Arena. 

Ah, forgot about panic ploy. 

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Haha, to be honest Chill Def is just because I really, really hate Zelgius in arena and watching Cordelia ORKO him every single time makes me happy. Thinking about it Chill Def tends to overlap with Def Ploy quite a bit, maybe Eirika should get another C-skill.

Doesn't your Cordelia deal with Zelgius? What about Chill SPD or SPD ploy for Eirika? Would be funny to watch her doubling Mias and Ayras. 

@Ginko Too easy. Clears like this are nice too though, especially after LHB maps which are pretty much the pinnacle of difficulty in this game right now.

@Rafiel's Aria Flawless as always. Mia oneshotting Julia was brilliant. Never have I seen Vantage be put to such good use on a DC unit, not even Ryoma. Also Jealous of that orb count. It's really disheartening to know that I'd have over 100 orbs myself if I hadn't been putting them all into Ninian who I still haven't gotten. It's a horrific feeling that I spend the most orbs on the units I want the most like Vector who I still don't have. I really hope I can get her before the banner is over. Or at the very least break my pity rate.

@mampfoid Grats on the clear. This seemed like one of the easier ones but it's always nice to see Takumi.

@NegativeExponents- All colorless clear! It's never not interesting to see those in action! The most interesting thing by far was Niles vs Julia. It actually took a minute for my brain to process both of them doubling. Julia has bowbreaker so she doubles Niles... but Niles has QR so he should be able to double as well.. plus he's got enough speed to double naturally... but I've had units with QR go up against a breaker and they haven't been able to attack twice so... it was a really perplexing encounter there. Would he have been able to double had he lacked the speed to do so I wonder?

@Alexmender I never stop marveling at Eirika demolishing high DEF blue units. Matthew doing it is one thing, but when you are doing it while at WTD it's that much more impressive. Even with a Brave Lance, 9 damage... sheesh.

@Hilda Miracle Anna never ceases to amaze me. Also a reminder of how decent of a Brave Sword unit Alfonse is. He really deserves an upgrade. That ATK stat is so wasted on him. As is Anna's speed. Also is that FFXV music I hear?! I recognize the song, just not what it's from. I've recently been putting a lot of time into FFXV recently. Finally I've been able to play it as I've wanted to since the day it came out.

@DarkLordIvy @Rezzy @Poimagic @SatsumaFSoysoy @Johann @Fei Mao @Quintessence @Cute Chao @Nosmur @eclipse

As for me, this was about as easy as you would expect. I actually was busy when the BHB first dropped so I was rushing sloppily to get the orbs and failed a few tries, but when I came back an hour or so later after taking care of business, it was cake. I actually wanted all of the units to get a kill which Genny could have done near the end, but I had a brain fart and then couldn't be bothered to re-record so oh well.

On to the next fight.

@Zeo Thanks, also to you! 

The siblings were no match for Matthew. He tanks/kills Julia and receives only 14 damage by Selphs Draconic Aura. First I was laughing at the lance flier dealing 0 zero damage, but when I realized his drag back would leave Inigo alone with Seliph, I was not sure he'd survive a blow. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

As for me, this was about as easy as you would expect. I actually was busy when the BHB first dropped so I was rushing sloppily to get the orbs and failed a few tries, but when I came back an hour or so later after taking care of business, it was cake. I actually wanted all of the units to get a kill which Genny could have done near the end, but I had a brain fart and then couldn't be bothered to re-record so oh well.

Oof, close one with Inigo there.

@Zeo Amazing as always, I love your final turn that you let Genny do some damage. Matthew's Bonfire is scary, it severely hurt if one can survive it.

Are you going to pull for Legault and give your Matthew a new toy?

This is my revised edition, no damage taken with Ignis.

Edited by Ginko

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@NegativeExponents- Wow colorless only, Niles MVP, congratulations! It's hard to believe Niles is without merges (also Leon). 

Thanks! The colorless only was more of a bonus. Everyone was picked for their ability to counter certain units except for Serra was picked for support and buffing Roy with tactics.

Niles is a competent unit with or without merges. The problem is he’s expensive to build. He can reliably kill most mages thanks to their low bulk and being an a bow user means he’ll deal effective damage to fliers as long as they don’t have Iote Shield. Plus, although I prefer a more offensive approach, his Guard Bow game is strong from what I’ve seen.

@kirauza343

No kidding about the close calls. Celica and Marisa were down to one digit hp by the second turn of battle and Marisa barely did enough damage to finish off Seliph. Your team was just too strong for them to handle though.

19 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

@NegativeExponents- Great all-colorless clear! I was worried about Niles with that that lance cavalier, but he made it out okay.

Honestly I was worried too since I expected him to go for Roy but it turns out Niles is able to survive it even without atk smoke. I take pride that that’s something that can’t be said about about Innes. Take that power creep!

Roy was the one who needed the atk smoke. He would have died on the second attack from the Cav because Roy is just too slow.

11 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This is a reminder to myself to watch your videos later once I get off of work. XD Also letting you know that you're not being ignored! 

Don’t worry on my behalf. I always just assume the best if someone doesn’t respond.

@Zeo

I’m pretty jelly of your Matthew right about now honestly. Only 14 damage from Draconic Aura is no joke. I tried doing it and he barely hangs on with 2 hp. I’m amazed at how often Inigo is able to survive these disadvantageous matchups and this time with Seliph is no different.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Would he have been able to double had he lacked the speed to do so I wonder?

Niles (or any unit for that matter) need to be able to naturally double to bypass a breaker using QR. Ideally I would have given him G Tomebreaker so that way Julia couldn’t have doubled (and to help out against Gunnthra in arena) but I didn’t have a spare Henry.

@mcsilas

I complained about being this BHB being to easy and that’s because it is but I figured I would have some fun trying to solve it with some different units.

It was actually quite difficult and even when I found a way of doing it the plan was so convoluted that I ended messing up quite a lot when I got around to recording. I’m satisfied with how it turned out though.

Music used this time around was: “Trial Underground,” “Quicksilver,” and “Extra Lessons for the Mysterious”

and since I forgot, last video’s music was: “Top Floor”

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

This is my revised edition, no damage taken with Ignis.

89 Ignis damage was worth the work, nice! 

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I complained about being this BHB being to easy and that’s because it is but I figured I would have some fun trying to solve it with some different units.

It was actually quite difficult and even when I found a way of doing it the plan was so convoluted that I ended messing up quite a lot when I got around to recording. I’m satisfied with how it turned out though.

Oh great, Odin! While this had some zeo-like elements, it was also a demonstration of how busted Gravity + Savage Blow is, cool. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

89 Ignis damage was worth the work, nice! 

The truth is Aether build can do no damage taken for this map too.

On 3rd turn, after Roy killed blue cavalier. Siegbert can move in and kill axe flier. Azura sing on Siegbert, kill staff user then Shiro finish the wyvern fighter.

But Ignis build on this map look more amazing with that delicious damage.

Well unlike many in this thread I struggled with it. Most of my teams just didn't seem to handle this too well. Maybe I am just too tired today. But I couldn't find many ways to safely bait/engage without over extending. Fire team wasn't too big a surprise. The unit that needed to die for their offense couldn't be safely reached by anyone(Julia was a severe risk for them). Earth Team I thought could handle it, but turns out the cleric can murder Ike. Julia can murder Robin. Etc. My Amelia could hold the line for a time, but would eventually get overrun.

Eventually I realized that I was going to have to use the dancer in/out strat since no matter what one of the enemies was going to be able to kill the unit left in. Or at least start the fall that would end up happening. So my Water team has a dancer and a horse. Spring Catria runs in and. . . does pitiful damage to Seliph. Inigo dances and Catria draws him back. Catria moves and hits Seliph again. Seliph again lives. Inigo dances and Catria falls back. Marisa flips Inigo out of danger. Next Turn. Catria finally kills Seliph. Marisa slices Julia to ribbons. Fjorm moves up to give drive atk to Inigo. Inigo murders lance cav. Cleric smacks Marisa. Brave Lance Wyvern tries his best to run Marisa through. Green Flyer hammers Marisa and dies to counter attack.

See I told you that you weren't my favorite TT reward just cause your a girl! Seriously I figured the run was over when I realized a poor res red unit was going to have to tank a brave lance and that wrathful cleric.

Anyways. Spring Catria reduces Wyvern's HP. Fjorm's moves down and over to intercept the Cleric. Inigo Finishes the Wyvern and Marisa falls back with her remaining 12 hp. Cleric runs head first into a Fjorm wall.

I forgot to post yesterday but this one was pretty easy my flier team took care of hard and lunatic and I used PM1's F2P video for infernal since I was in a hurry for the orbs(it was worth it).  This one was a nice break since I had a heck of a time with Ryoma's map this one being simple was nice.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you also like fallen Celica? She is one of the few sword infantry units I consider to invest heavily in. 

I do, though the only one I've ever pulled is -spd (and even that's not too bad between sacred seals and in her case chill speed and being part of my water blessing team with Fjorm). Beloved Zofia is very nice (while regular Celica appreciates the extra attack and speed, Fallen Celica appreciates the extra bulk, and that +3 def is always nice (and also the reason why I say regular Celica just needs a stat refine: her effect is fine but missing that stat boost newer weapons also have hurts)), as is Chill Speed.

@Usana Marisa is the best

Edited by kirauza343

@mampfoid Cordelia certainly destroys Zelgius now, but before Chill Def (when she had Desperation because I was following build guides instead of coming with my own builds) he usually survived with 1~5 HP and OHKO'd her back with Black Luna, that pissed me off so much that I sacrificed the second BK!Chrom I had just to ensure I'd destroy him every single time. 

Spd Ploy sounds tempting, Chill Spd not so much as I wouldn't kill any Celica because I have 0 of them and I'd like at least 1 which is likely to be the CYL2 one if they give one for free again. Eirika can reach up to 61 Spd with Speed Tactic (whenever I get it), Fjorm's blessing and ally support which seems like a lot but it can't double Spd demons like Ayra/Mia and some Ninos. I'll look into it! Thanks!

@Zeo Nice as always! It was very interesting to see Inigo survive that hit, guess this shows that TA2>TA3 unless you're going for the overkill. Matthew taking no damage from that Draconic Aura and tanking Julia afterwards was also really cool! Congrats!