Rate the Unit, Day 51: Vergil

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Castor: 5.62

Jake: 6.01

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Sheeda: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

10/10

Gonna need more than that, mate.

On the note of Vergil (or Belf), he does come at a level where he's on par with the rest of your units but he sorta falls flat compared to Raiden, Cecil, Luke, Rody and such. Still he's useable and he can be decent.

6.5/10 +1 bias for being VERGIL!

Vergil is one of the best names of the game, and thus stands as the best character in the game.

Seriously, I should be able to throw the word "Vergil" and it would count as a 10/10 vote.

Can be quickly promoted into a 15/1 Belf. Solid bases, great growths, pretty much set the moment you give him a Seal. I could see Raiden > him, but in H1 where speed isn't quite so vital in as large amounts, I'd say Vergil has the edge. 7/10, +1 bias for 8/10.

Also, I loved the guy before the name shitstorm [/hipster]

Vergil... it looks like, that someone here, has played Devil May Cry... xD

A pretty good unit, with solid bases and good growths... maybe, he needs some speedwings to help his speed

Score 8/10

Edited by Enex

6.5/10 He has good bases and decent growths, but he's missing for like, 15 chapters of the game, and that's kinda annoying. Those weapon ranks are good, no doubt, and he can insta-promote, a plus. Still, I'd rather take Leiden, who has a + 3 spd base= better offense at times.

Okay, time for a Sirius rate. I won't call him Vergil from now on since obviously the name is pretty retarded.

Belf has some decent bases for his join-time, and best of all he's merely a Cavalier. His Spd growth is a "little" low, but getting him levels should be a cinch with his rapid EXP gain after killing a Dragon or two. At least, that's how I did it with Leiden (speaking of they should seriously call Leiden "Joe Beiden" or something silly). Get him promoted, and he should be well on his way afterwards. He might need to stick to the speedier classes to function, but otherwise he should be good enough for the job. Having Lances helps a lot since he can swap to DracoKnight and use a forged Ridersbane if necessary.

5/10.

Edited by Colonel M

Belf huh? Well, he has nice bases and growths with ok ranks. He needs a seal and a wing badly, in order to perform well. He's going to be behind the team for a good while but he can be useful IF you fix his spd. T'is a shame he comes late. 4/10

Hey, it's Darros with better base Skill, slightly higher growths, and lower weapon ranks. If I wanted that, I'd just keep Darros, who can use a Silver Something immediately, and sell the extra Seal.

EDIT: The good Colonel made a point about weapon ranks.

4/10

Edited by eclipse

I might've overrated him a little, but I do want to point out there are a few differences between Darros and Vergil:

- Belf starts unpromoted, which (kind of) helps his Spd issue a little.

- Belf has access to Dragonpike, which gives him effective Mt on over 50% of the enemies for the two chapters.

- While it's true that Darros retains Poleax as a DracoKnight after Chapter 14, Vergil gets Ridersbane, which has a slight edge in the weapon triangle department. Not that this is wtfhuge, but it helps Hit-wise.

- Belf is a little closer to Silver Swords than Darros is as a Swordmaster (granted, it's still a whopping 15 swings to get him there).

I'll reconsider my vote to a 4/10 (I forgot how close Darros really was to him, to an extent), but I think that Belf has enough perks to be superior to Darros here.

I might've overrated him a little, but I do want to point out there are a few differences between Darros and Vergil:

- Belf starts unpromoted, which (kind of) helps his Spd issue a little.

- Belf has access to Dragonpike, which gives him effective Mt on over 50% of the enemies for the two chapters.

- While it's true that Darros retains Poleax as a DracoKnight after Chapter 14, Vergil gets Ridersbane, which has a slight edge in the weapon triangle department. Not that this is wtfhuge, but it helps Hit-wise.

- Belf is a little closer to Silver Swords than Darros is as a Swordmaster (granted, it's still a whopping 15 swings to get him there).

I'll reconsider my vote to a 4/10 (I forgot how close Darros really was to him, to an extent), but I think that Belf has enough perks to be superior to Darros here.

It would be a question of whether or not I wanted insta-Silver Axes/flying Hammer/Poleaxe or to blow a Master Seal in the name of Dragonpike/Ridersbane/maybe Silver Sword in the future if I can get around to those sword swings that late in the game. Axes are nowhere near as overpowered as SD, but they still have their uses. Getting Darros anywhere with anything other than axes is a PITA, I will admit. . .eh, I'll bump Belf's rating a bit.

I have no problems with Belf as a name, either~!

10/10. He's a classy guy with a classy name.

You can promote him at base and get a solid unit. Leveling him up to 20, however, gets you an even better unit. What really sells me on him, however, is that he can just be seamlessly merged into your party. Perhaps you could throw him a Speedwings, but even without that he can still be added at joining without any extra effort. Seamless joining and solid stats, plus the fact that he's named Vergil, makes him a 10/10 unit.

Dare I ask who this "Vergil" is?

Actually, I don't really care.

A huge number/10

Vergil slices and dices everything around him. His Dark Slayer style just makes everything he does far more awesome and sexually gratifying than usual.

I like how the brigands in Belf's first map have 15 speed. One more point and they could double him as a cav.

He has speed and availability issues but his weapon ranks are decent and so are his strength and defense so he's around Darros's level since he has more levels to play with. 4/10

Vergil/10

Don't count this, Narsh.

Of course i won't count it... :XD:

All these 10/10's will get tossed out too...