Rate the Unit, Day 55: Tiki

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Athena: 3.70

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Vergil (Belf): 5.42

Castor: 5.62

Jake: 6.01

Raiden: 6.20

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Sheeda: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Xane: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

She can be more than a Divine Dragon! Too bad that her Divinestone usefulness kinda disappears for a bit, then things get scary.

3/10 for walking dragon nuke

She's actually okay with a seraph robe and some babying and is really helpful for the last few chapters of the game. She can become quite the mage and dragon killer She unfortunately has no 1-2 range and has a terrible start . Its to bad she no longer has an advantage over the final boss . 6/10

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Great unit only if she gets an Angel Robe. Might need two for the later battles. But her speed is phail from her base stats. But if she can get at least a Speedwing, then she shouldn't get doubled hopefully after a few chapters. Until then, she'll have to destroy weakened enemies for the time being. Have to baby her a bit, but she will at least serve as a stepping stone in the Final 4 chapters with her Divine Stone. That is if you somehow can get her experienced enough. But it is vital to raise her. As she's the only one other than Marth that you can get prepared for the final battle. Because Nagi joins too late to be of any use. Someone to use, but starts out terrible for awhile and gets great in the end. She could be the Est archtype character of this game other than Est herself.

6.5/10

26928100.jpg

.5 more in bias for her growing up to be a beautiful young woman.

Edited by アイネ

Are you all kidding? She has the worst time to join, ever. Hey I can nuke dragons! What? u say that for the next 8 chapters there are no dragons? OOPS. 2/10 -1 bias for being a stupid loli

Are you all kidding? She has the worst time to join, ever. Hey I can nuke dragons! What? u say that for the next 8 chapters there are no dragons? OOPS. 2/10 -1 bias for being a stupid loli

Dude it's H1 she is really not that hard to train . Sure it would be nice if she joined before the dragon heavy chapters but she certainly isn't worthless . All she needs is a searph robe and maybe a speed wing if you're a little impatient and then she can become a really decent character certainly all the stones she can use helps.

Seraph Robe has competition - Marth and Sirius would appreciate it. Speedwings is reserved for everyone with a Speed problem, which is a long list of people.

She'd like a speed wing but she certainly doesn't need one and I believe there are two seraph robes before her recruitment. So if you give one to marth that leaves one for a character of your choice. Sirius needs the seraph robe just as much as tiki does . He needs it so he can keep going and she needs so she can get started . Why does he have more right to a searph robe then she does ? Its not like he's necessary outside of his joining chapter its H1 . My unit , Catria and Palla don't really need any help wrecking maps in this mode .

Because he'll forever be ahead of her, movement-wise? Because he's got that much more experience under his belt? Because I can buy weapons for him? Because I'm not interested in dropping someone from my team so that some six-move dragon chick can start her journey?

I'm sure there's more reasons than that.

Eclipse is right. Add to that, that its probably a better choice to stuff the other robe on Marth too. And that the speedwing could go to someone thats actually good, like Minerva.

Why does marth need so many robes ? His hp growth isn't even bad nether is his base hp . Also Tiki has plenty of stones to use if you stop by the secret shop . So I don't see how weapons are problem for her . I also don't care about Sirius' move there are plenty of characters with better stats then him with the same move ( reclass) . I'm not saying Tiki is better character then Sirius ,not by a long shot , he's very helpful . I'm just saying Tiki can more then pulls her weight if you train her up and give her the proper investments . I'm not saying that ither characters wouldn't be better candidates for the seraph robe and god knows Palla or Minerva or a few other characters would like some speed wings . Its not like I gave her a 9 or 10 . I gave her 6, a decent score for a late joining character with overkill growths and bonuses . Who needs a little investment to get on her feet . I rated her independently of the needs of other characters and gave her a fair raiting based on the contribution she could make if you took the time to invest in her . She's okay, she's no my unit but she sure isn't Yubello . She gives a nice return on the time and effort you put into her . She is no way necessary but she is also not worthless. she's just kinda okay .

Not entirely sure if some unit possibly being more useful with a stat boost than another should be given much value as any sort of argument. If you are willing to hold off using a maybe 1 or 2 stat boosters and give a character assistance for maybe a couple chapters to get up to par with the rest so that they can hold their own, then I would say this is not a horrible unit. If a unit can be useful right away and continue to be without assistance, this would make a great unit. If they need complete rescuing and constant provisions to be kept up to par, then you have a good argument for a bad character.

Tiki can do stuff, but even giving her the stat boosters, it not a very good long-term investment. She has only 30 uses of her best weapon. Getting her any other stone except for the 1-2 firestones you can get througout the game will cost you a warp usage. So as far as usefulness goes, she is rather limited in her combat since you need to worry about conserving uses. For a unit like this, she needs a some long-time assistance in keeping up and does not triumph over your other combat units until facing dragons.

I'd say a 4/10.

To all people who say she is a pain to train n he arena:

Give her the two fire stones you should have. Give her the starsphere. Use arena. Enemies are calculated on her bases, not the stone bonuses. It costs about 290 gold for a battle, and she doubles and ohko's almost every enemy. Cheapest arena time ever.

For that alone she gets a 7.5

Not entirely sure if some unit possibly being more useful with a stat boost than another should be given much value as any sort of argument. If you are willing to hold off using a maybe 1 or 2 stat boosters and give a character assistance for maybe a couple chapters to get up to par with the rest so that they can hold their own, then I would say this is not a horrible unit. If a unit can be useful right away and continue to be without assistance, this would make a great unit. If they need complete rescuing and constant provisions to be kept up to par, then you have a good argument for a bad character.

Tiki can do stuff, but even giving her the stat boosters, it not a very good long-term investment. She has only 30 uses of her best weapon. Getting her any other stone except for the 1-2 firestones you can get througout the game will cost you a warp usage. So as far as usefulness goes, she is rather limited in her combat since you need to worry about conserving uses. For a unit like this, she needs a some long-time assistance in keeping up and does not triumph over your other combat units until facing dragons.

I'd say a 4/10.

this but with bias. 5/10

The Purple Knight, as usual, continues to carry terrible opinions. 10/10 without bias.

Tiki is okay - she has a couple of gimmicks, but she wishes she could, literally, transform like in FE3 and have 1-2 range. She could help very late in the game, but it takes some work first.

2/10.