Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Three Hectors is easy when I have Palla ;)

Three Reinhardts is... not easy under any circumstance except for DC @Rezzy or DC Camilla

No idea! I don't have either of them

I think there's plenty green units with enough RES to handle Reinhardt..., as long as you give them TA or a gem weapon.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

I see. So... um... for sake of pure science and innocent research, would you rather face a team of 3 Bonfire-Vantage Hectors, 3 Wings of Mercy Hectors, 3 Cancel Affinity Hectors, or a team with all 3 different Hectors? Which team do you not want to face?

Also, if you do not mind me asking, what is your Arena score? That information will be used for... um... helping Anna sell Firesweep Bows to players like you. There is absolutely nothing fishy going on.

I am glad you liked my defense team! A free win is awesome, right? I am not evil, right? You will bow down and clean lick the crevice between my Hectors' toes, right? Ahaha... Haha... Ha...

So! Now that you are satisfied with getting a free win, how would you like to help Anna sell Firesweep Bows? Would you rather face a team of 3 Bonfire-Vantage Hectors, 3 Wings of Mercy Hectors, 3 Cancel Affinity Hectors, or a team with all 3 different Hectors? Which team do you not want to face? And what is your Arena scoring range? I am sure Anna will repay you during your next summoning session for that valuable market research information.

Hm... That is something to aim for after I finish my dragon team. I need a lot more Hectors though.

Oh, you're changing things up huh?

I don't think WoM works well on a full Hector team (if he can warp next to an enemy, it means another Hector could have taken him out as well), so you probably want to mix Vantage and CA versions. Probably two times vantage, and one time CA to screw some people over, but I'm not sure how many people use red TA or gem weapons (Olivia likes them I guess).

I ran into a team like this once, and Ryoma just obliterated them (he tanked and counterkilled two, and the final one died to a Vantage proc after something else weakend him).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Ottokar said:

How about one or two Reinhardts? Or four Hectors?

Weak. Six Reinhardts on a special map and all of them have Quickened Pulse and Cancel Affinity (even though Reinhardt cannot normally get it). They also have Dragonskin and +2 movement from Boots

34 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Poor you :(

I hate Raigh after getting so many of him lol

Raigh not being useful for skill inheritance to me makes it even more annoying. I can't get HP +5 from him to give to a healer, Seal Res 3 isn't that useful, and Rally Attack is cool, but Hone and Spur Attack are way easier to use. Sophia at the very least can give Dragon Fang and Fortify Res 3, skills that are way more useful.

Raigh isn't that bad, but I don't care for him, especially since I never played Binding Blade. Ditto on Sophia who is good, especially with skill inheritance, but since I just keep them around for singleplayer maps, part of me just wants to keep them neutral and with as little inherited skills as possible. I'd rather invest in Celica, Henry, Katarina, Tharja, or a tomato.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lyon or Arvis is our best shot. Maybe SS Selena- but she doesn't have a signature weapon and fights with a Bolting and an Elfire, so she could be any color really.

Lyon, Selena, and other characters from Sacred Stones would make the most sense if Valter starts a Magvel run of GHBs, summons, is introduced alongside a Magvel-based story chapter, etc. Selena's in a weird spot. In Heroes, the only red mounted mage is Leo and he's only 5* summonable. When the game started out, the only blue mounted mage was nobody until Olwen and Reinhardt were added and Ursula was made available. Because of that, though, blues have the highest amount of mounted mages and the highest chances of getting one since you have a 3* to 4* obtainable blue mounted mage (Ursula), a 4* summonable one (Reinhardt after the banner ended), and two 5* summonable ones (Olwen and Reinhardt). For greens, it's only Cecilia, but she is freely available and fairly balanced outside of her below-average speed.

Selena also has a Thunder affinity which makes me feel like they might make her into a blue mage because of that. The problem is that she kind of wouldn't do anything different in a much needed way. Olwen is your fast, high resistance, but low attack mage, Ursula is a bit more balanced in offense, but is still a high resistance mage, and Reinhardt is your nuke. Selena's base stats and growth according to the Fire Emblem wiki makes me think of Ursula in Heroes. A high defense -- higher than Reinhardt's -- blue mounted mage would be neat, but that's probably not Selena.

She should be a red mage who has a fire-related tome since unless you can get a 5* Leo, you're not getting a red mounted mage and compared to Leo who's a tank, she'd be a good complement as a more all-around, but high resistance red mounted mage. She could be a green mounted mage to diversify things, but Cecilia is so easy to get compared to Leo.

Aversa really should be made available sometime soon along with more flyers who have flyer buffs and can be summoned as a 4* with those buffs obtained as 4* units. It's kind of annoying that most of the flyer buffs are locked to 5* units. Meanwhile, Horse Emblem being given out like it's rotting.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Ottokar said:

Co za masakra!

I no sprecken 

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Does the new Hero Fest start tomorrow, or Friday?

Who ya pulling for?

I'm still looking for summer Corrin

I have 2 Odins ready to fly!

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just for the record, I've never seen your team in the arena. I was just putting it out there that Reinhardt doesn't intimidate me at all as long as my Soren is around, regardless of how many of him there are on a team.

Oh and if you must know, my scoring range is in the 680s, at least with the team I'm electing to use.

It might take a while for my Hectors to get to that range since I need to boost their scores up a bit, and I need more merging fodder.

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Oh, you're changing things up huh?

I don't think WoM works well on a full Hector team (if he can warp next to an enemy, it means another Hector could have taken him out as well), so you probably want to mix Vantage and CA versions. Probably two times vantage, and one time CA to screw some people over, but I'm not sure how many people use red TA or gem weapons (Olivia likes them I guess).

I ran into a team like this once, and Ryoma just obliterated them (he tanked and counterkilled two, and the final one died to a Vantage proc after something else weakend him).

Yeah, I changed my nickname too just in case players were avoiding me.

I will give one of them Cancel Affinity and two can have Vantage. I think one Cancel Affinity should be enough to ruin someone's day.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

I no sprecken 

Who ya pulling for?

Genny and Ninian. I have over 260 orbs, so I figure my odds are pretty good, but of course nothing is certain.

I want to go for s!Corrin as well, but I figured it'd be best to hold off until after securing these two, as well as the 3-4* swap.

9 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

Who ya pulling for?

Meanwhile in my castle, one 5* Odin was already killed off in order to top off this literal beauty. 

Spoiler

xypJCk0.png

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Summer Corrin has 79 Atk when buffed. Spring Camilla has 83 Atk when buffed. He's not surviving a single hit.

On open maps, you can bait him into ending his turn 3 squares away. On less open maps, you can Reposition boost a unit forward for a snipe. All the better with Drag Back..

Buffed Blade Tomes? Fine, you can oneshot quite a few units with those. I did also say positioning was a thing but his threat level of course depends on the team composition.

Ursula has Blarwolf+ and Death Blow 3 at default. She one-hit kills Reinhardt with no buffs and no skill inheritance..

Olwen has Dire Thunder. She one-round kills Reinhardt with no buffs and no skill inheritance, taking 14 damage from the counterattack..

When I posted I'd completely forgotten she had that tome, I'll admit. Though Olwen's case is a bit more surprising but she probably quads him which is why she wins. Yes, yes additional factors. I'm no fool and I'll admit when I've overlooked something.

No, simply having access to cavalry buffs means absolutely nothing. A cavalry archer needs a bare minimum of 32/32 offenses to equal an infantry archer with 35/35 offenses because cavalry buffs can at best make up for a deficit of 3/3 (because infantry has access to Rally Atk/Spd at the bare minimum).

More reasonably, though, a cavalry archer would need a minimum of 32/33 because Renais buffs are still relevant.

You can't just throw math out the window simply "because cavalry buffs". +6/6 isn't +∞/∞ and doesn't instantly make a unit better than everything else regardless of their stats.

Another overlooked factor considering the buffs you can get from the Rallies, even if cavalry buffs are the reason Cavalry Emblem > Everything else (& Blade tome/Rein). I suppose that's why you're the sage. I'm aware of these things but they aren't quite as ingrained in me just yet.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Do all gems and TA used in battle stack? Like, what would happen if there was a red with TA 3 and Ruby Sword and a Green with TA 3 and Emerald Axe?

TA doesn't stack with the gem weapons. There's no point in running both of them as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Do all gems and TA used in battle stack? Like, what would happen if there was a red with TA 3 and Ruby Sword vs a Green with TA 3 and Emerald Axe?

Even in that case, the sword unit would do 40% more damage and the axe user 40% less (the same if only one had TA3 and neither had a gem weapon).

14 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Do all gems and TA used in battle stack? Like, what would happen if there was a red with TA 3 and Ruby Sword vs a Green with TA 3 and Emerald Axe?

Triangle Adept takes the highest value from both combatants. None of its effects stack with the same effect.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

If you say that seeing a defense team beat someone is satisfying, then I agree

I still have none

I'm sad

Ignore my envy

Congrats on 900 feathers :O I'm still waiting for my def wins!

Those 900 feathers are so nice! I've gotten lucky recently with the defense wins, but before then I had an almost three week dry spell. I feel your pain :'D

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Was that me by any chance? I remember losing a couple of times.

Is your summoner name XioN? 

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Those 900 feathers are so nice! I've gotten lucky recently with the defense wins, but before then I had an almost three week dry spell. I feel your pain :'D

Is your summoner name XioN? 

No, it is XRay, or some variation of that.

58 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden at least Tharja has darting Blow to remedy the speed loss slightly

Yeah, I know, but 4* -Spd Tharja hitting 35 speed with Darting Blow isn't as great as 38 speed. +36 speed is thrilling with =Spd summer Elise, neutral Linde, +Spd Nino, and +Spd Soren. So many things you can vaporize.