Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They should totally port the older Tales games while we're at it.

I was going to rhetorically ask where Symphonia on Switch was, among other things. The GameCube was the console where the breakout title of Tales was first given to the world. Vesperia on Switch alone is unexpectedly little for the franchise. And yes, the rest of the catalog on PC (and Switch) would be good too.

We are getting Klonoa again, perhaps there is a slim chance of bringing back the ancient JRPGs afterwards? 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have come to the realization that Josette is actually good. By which I mean she's probably meant to be a support character, and she can't do as much if the enemies resist faint or def down, but she can do something. Benice was right all along!

Also, I learned about a new Anguis. There are only seven of them Falcom, don't reveal them all too early! There are still ten games to go after all.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

See this one's actually really hard lmao.

I really hope they don't actually make us choose lmao. I mean, i doubt it, Takahashi doesn't like doing route splits, at least as far as the story is concerned. Sidequests, whatever, have all the route splits you want, just look at Xenoblade X. But i don't think he'll do it for the main story, especially if the game is probably gonna have one save file like Switch games like to have.

For the record, I don't think there will be any storyline branches, since the party already consists of people from both nations and the point is to stop them from fighting. It would be harder for a story to be polished if there are multiple routes taking up development time, and Monolith is known for polished stories when they actually get to finish them.

I wonder if there will be any additional playable characters beyond the six we know of. Xenoblade 2 having five characters was likely due to the Blade system, so there could be room for more in this game. Who will be the character nicknamed Seven for the next decade?

I blame teehee for all the nostalgia bait.

ICWrtR2.png
I decided to not mess with a randomizer at all (beyond using it to get rid of trade evolutions), but this is still challenge mode and will still be a nuzlocke. As you can see above, I’m picking the best starter, just need to name it (it also adds to the challenge a bit because iirc grass is not anywhere near as useful as fire or water is against the gyms in this one). I asked my friend whom I’m on the phone with what to name a snake and she said Slithery because she is very creative. Excellent, now I can get started.

I also realized that the rival’s default name is Hugh. I called him HughDI- because I am mature and funny.

36 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, I learned about a new Anguis. There are only seven of them Falcom, don't reveal them all too early! There are still ten games to go after all.

Wait, you learn about another Anguis in SC? Which one is that?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you learn about another Anguis in SC? Which one is that?

During the final chapter

Spoiler

examining the elevator to the sanctuary in the Glorious will have Joshua talk about Doctor Novartis, the Anguis in charge of the Thirteen Factories and Ouroboros's tech development. You have to go out of your way to examine the elevator so it's not surprising that you missed it. I had Kevin in the party at the time so maybe you need him to get the conversation.

Oh yeah, so today is the 24th anniversary of Xenogears.

FLT1TUlUYAUaNJ0?format=jpg&name=large

Still remains the undefeated champions of video game romance. I love this couple so much.

FLQQf1OagAAgW0j?format=jpg&name=large

They are a happy family.

Sauce 1

Sauce 2

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wish they could port them to PC already. Only the fourth game being in there is so lonely..

They didn't port that remake that came out a few years ago? Weird.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BK in XS? You might as well be speaking in tongues with how incomprehensibly unrealistic you're sounding. I laugh at how dead-on-dead this is.🤣

Wait...*rereads post*

....Ok see i thought we were still talking about guests in Xenoblade 3 lmao. Like i know you brought up Reiji and Xiaomu showing up in Xenosaga but i thought the discussion was still generally about Xenoblade 3 hahaha.

But, having to do the timing thing to reduce damage taken when defending slowed things down too much for my tastes.

You're not actually reducing damage. You're gaining AP.

Actually Namco, why aren't you doing what Square has been? If they've been digging the iffy Chrono Cross, SaGa, and Mana games out of their graves, you can HD port XS and BK.

BK idk but Namco did say they canned a proposed Xenosaga HD remake because they thought it wouldn't sell well.

BTW, I saw an lolmenu translation of XS I&II exists, and that a full-fledged translation was attempted but died back in 2018.

Pain and suffering.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder if there will be any additional playable characters beyond the six we know of. Xenoblade 2 having five characters was likely due to the Blade system, so there could be room for more in this game.

Honestly....i think it's just gonna be the six. Like they already brought attention to that to the point where there is a possibility that we might actually have all of them very early on. Usually when an RPG is revealed, the party members aren't all revealed right away. Barring any potential spoiler characters, you do get all of them revealed by the time of release but that's a stretched out process.....and yet for Xenoblade 3 they told us who everyone is right off the bat. I do think there is room for both that and controlling Noah and Mio's groups separately at the start. Again, that's how i think the prolouge battle will play out.

Also six party members is kinda significant here. Xenoblade 1 had seven party members. Xenoblade 2 had five. Xenoblade 3 is a combination of both worlds and there are six party members. 5+7 doesn't equal 6 but 6 is in the middle of 5 and 7. Maybe i'm looking too deep into this haha.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

newpokemonblackwhite_232713.jpg
I decided to not mess with a randomizer at all (beyond using it to get rid of trade evolutions), but this is still challenge mode and will still be a nuzlocke. As you can see above, I’m picking the best starter

Congrats on picking the best starter.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They didn't port that remake that came out a few years ago? Weird.

Hm? Which remake? But no, best I know only the fourth Star Ocean is on PC.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also six party members is kinda significant here. Xenoblade 1 had seven party members. Xenoblade 2 had five. Xenoblade 3 is a combination of both worlds and there are six party members. 5+7 doesn't equal 6 but 6 is in the middle of 5 and 7. Maybe i'm looking too deep into this haha.

Nah man, combining 5 and 7 gets you 57. So 57 playable characters!

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Which remake? But no, best I know only the fourth Star Ocean is on PC.

The remake of the first game.

Or rather, i think it was a remaster.

Same thing.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah man, combining 5 and 7 gets you 57. So 57 playable characters!

Everyone is here!

Just now, Armagon said:

The remake of the first game.

Or rather, i think it was a remaster.

Same thing.

Let's see... *checks up* Ah, First Departure R, a remaster of the remake First Departure.

Nope, only for PS4 and Switch.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I also realized that the rival’s default name is Hugh. I called him HughDI- because I am mature and funny.

You should have added the last name "Jass" to "Hugh" for maximal maturity and comedy.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

No playable Pyra then?! I am disappoint. Xd

I do not expect any returning characters to be playable. Xenoblade 3 is likely taking thousands of years into the future. High Entia don't actually live that long so i think Melia is doing something here. She'd be the only XC1 returning character. XC2 potentially returning characters aside from Nia are Pyra and Mythra, Poppi and Dromarch. Pandoria probably isn't around anymore due to not having a complete core and Brighid might still be around but it wouldn't be the same Brighid.

Edited by Armagon

You're not actually reducing damage. You're gaining AP.

Happens when you can't stand to read the tutorials b/c you get why.

...And why are you leaving Torna's 3 and FC's 4 out of the equation? 7+ 5 + 3 + 4 = 19. The digital root of 19 is 1 + 9 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1.

1 = Singularity = Monado. Which means everyone is Monado, because Monado is the underlying reality of all existence. Awakening to Monado-consciousness will result in the most busted-as-fuck team of heroes, capable of fabric of flawless reality/ether manipulation, clairvoyance, and perfect synchronicity of minds and reflexes due to temporary mind-merging. They shall act as a single organism, they shall be a Blade that slays those ignorant of the Truth of the universe. The Monado Boy & Aegis Girl ain't carrying the others' rears this time, everyone is equally a godly godslayer, who would be just a capable on their own, but consciously choose to cooperate despite being very strong and therefore technically not needing to cooperate as the weak must. And after you win the final battle, they'll actually merge into a single deity-like being to stop the Big Bad's world-destroying scheme, before waking up on a beach separated from each other again.

Actually, screw that. Save that idea for X2. Then we could have an 18-merger between all the playable characters. And given you what- we could make a mecha out of that.

...Nothing wrong with reading more into numbers than is actually there. People have done for centuries with the Bible and calculating the arrival of the apocalypse. 

Wait...*rereads post*

....Ok see i thought we were still talking about guests in Xenoblade 3 lmao. Like i know you brought up Reiji and Xiaomu showing up in Xenosaga but i thought the discussion was still generally about Xenoblade 3 hahaha.

As you might remember I would definitely have taken BK in Xenoblade just as well. Torna!Mythra and Guillo getting into a Titan-sinking argument, Rex & Sagi hanging out (or Sagi and Minoth for a different kind of chat). Maingame XC2 Amalthus seeing a certain lategame BKO location and deciding if he can't have it, he'll have it destroyed. I think the BK crew would look pretty good in the XC2/DE/3 aesthetic too.

-And sure Kalas & Xelha would be fine too, though they would be better if the world was designed such that we could fly around with their Heartwings. Provided said flight was buttery smooth, it would have the potential to be more fun than Skell flight. Skell flight has a bit of startup, and being engine propulsion-based, it looks feels more to a rock levitating off the ground than a bird taking to the air. Kalas would be a quick jump *holds down on the jump button* zoom! into a Zora Link-esque dolphin jump burst of midair speed, as strikingly swift as a bird of prey.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

High Entia don't actually live that long so i think Melia is doing something here. She'd be the only XC1 returning character.

*Checks High Entia NPC ages*

The oldest I see is 357 (Ruthan), whose little Affinity Chart icon is an old man's. Melia as you know is 88. Don Argentis, the old Colony 6-recruitable mixed-blood High Entia with two daughters, is 258.

I'll guess 400 is the High Entia maximum lifespan? 450?

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I do not expect any returning characters to be playable. Xenoblade 3 is likely taking thousands of years into the future. High Entia don't actually live that long so i think Melia is doing something here. She'd be the only XC1 returning character.

Playable character. The Nopon Sage is a hale and hearty 9999 with no signs of stopping.

And for Machina, the oldest NPC is Neonik, whose lone quest involves her having language breakdown problems as a result of her advanced age- 9892. Living to 10000 seems feasible, but she'd probably pass away before 11000. If you don't give her the health drink she doesn't want, she thinks she'll be die along the lines of when her Homs, High Entia, and Nopon Colony 6 friends return to the ether. Vanea and perhaps Linada among NPCs could survive to XC3, or a minor NPC Machina child, like Mixik- 1326.

For everyone from XC1 to be dead (minus the Nopon Sage), we need 10000 years to pass it seems.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...And why are you leaving Torna's 3 and FC's 4 out of the equation? 7+ 5 + 3 + 4 = 19. The digital root of 19 is 1 + 9 = 10 = 1 + 0 = 1.

Hmm... let's take it a different direction:

10, the result of having added two numbers. Or a number with two digits, pick either. 10 2. 102. In Japanese, you can read 102 as Tatsu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_wordplay

Mandatory:

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ICWrtR2.png
I decided to not mess with a randomizer at all (beyond using it to get rid of trade evolutions), but this is still challenge mode and will still be a nuzlocke. As you can see above, I’m picking the best starter, just need to name it (it also adds to the challenge a bit because iirc grass is not anywhere near as useful as fire or water is against the gyms in this one). I asked my friend whom I’m on the phone with what to name a snake and she said Slithery because she is very creative. Excellent, now I can get started.

Have fun with this run. You know, I have never done challenge mode (I only ever played on original hardware, and rarely delete my savegames on original hardware).

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Everyone has named their rival something like that at one point in their lives (I think I named one of the gen 1 rivals Ahole once...)

Although I should probably get back to my report on the Norman fight

AM-JKLXtt2UEtkA9jVklZGVmUWrLaAXeNyiwVXP5

Emerald is the only game to give its main character a father, and it makes for a solid buildup to this fight. But enough about the story lets get to the fight

AM-JKLWt4Vk502raeQrTkJx6RXtk5Y8M7w8bmoP1

And true to the plan I start with Benice to get her a level, and switch into @WraithReborn, as she is immune to all of his attacks

AM-JKLVWQ_fDGxqqW9vBChx7nRQ851mLLYGlQCMw

...that complicates things a little, but it does have one big upside. I was afraid Norman might switch out Spinda because he is unable to effect Wraith, and thus deny Benice that level, but I don't want to risk anyone else losing health, and having to risk death against the Slaking, or Vigoroth, but if Wraith is ever at risk of killing herself

AM-JKLW4qaGn6MR5caW44mHAqnslwHKKpQAduWCG

and then Wraith hits herself twice in a row...if things keep going like this I might be in trouble.

AM-JKLV64GVyzjZ2q1IaS6BCGe4OgVlOMQozeC7n

But seeing as Wraith deals half of Spinda's health on the instant he recovers from confusion, I am feeling a bit better about this situation

AM-JKLWkGdFoS96ij1LN4Knkhutagi2CynG87EN7

And one hit latter we got what I am going to call a lucky range, as Norman now wastes his first potion

AM-JKLVYnHyy3fl0S5eOk-gcxmgH_IYw7S-zgkFd

Unfortunately he wont waste the other potion

AM-JKLXPOlbDxSbmzW9qyjQFRu2ley0alzhFN9f8

And Wraith made it through, with enough health that it would take two rounds of hitting herself to die. Any more and I would have had to scramble to find someone to finish Spinda off. Next comes the Vigoroth and I switch into

AM-JKLU_ebpOOiJeDC2hPeY9jV5-7bqDi2gUeBFQ

@Sooks , she takes trivial damage from the Faint Attack, and uses charm to half it atta-

AM-JKLUEUNbzDGgydmcYspBONg8VaBP9JiWPYJ2Q

Seeing as the Vigoroth used a high crit move, this isn't all that surprising. You might also notice the heart, that came from Cute Charm activating, which means the Vigoroth has become infatuated. I am tempted to stay in for another debuff, as he has a 50% chance not to act, and only a crit would kill, but I decide not to risk it and

AM-JKLWoZLM7SEVO66f_CkAV65Lm60XXNDLfbTp8

Switch into a Pokemon that is immune to crits, and thus can't avoid the debuff with a crit.

AM-JKLVLB2IDRtl9fSyZYwQadpg4wCAJBusZfpLZ

Unfortunately the Vigoroth's special attack deal less embarrassing damage. When I saw @BrightBow take 5 damage, I thought the minor healing of Absorb was worse the lesser damage, but it only took one Faint Attack to realize that mistake.

AM-JKLW1AWFmf4N7PU-YfwAC-diyzdd5a9MZOIHF

And immediately getting a crit and speed drop, makes this match-up a little more certain, as

AM-JKLXgz4bXsTfvfKiuHICHFK8vFpw16-fHn1Ub

I gave that Sitrus Berry I stole earlier in the Gym to Bright Bow, which ensures he can deal with the Vigoroth

AM-JKLXb_PwKsBl3fJvofYbud6eijBU0SaTFQvux

I thought he was going to use his last potion here, but alas no dice. Then comes the Slacking, and I think he can survive a single hit

AM-JKLVCIscpF7oFOQ6w1q5PPr08-B-yrDoM1mKw

and it goes for Yawn, which is perfect as I was planning on switching anyway

AM-JKLXpbFZAUTGiBuM4Z3hL8jTQvNTB4pqPC_zw

to @Benice on the loaf. I start by going for the

AM-JKLUQV0SPwQV8EFcpRJ2eB7rxLJI8CUPyAXCA

Sitrus Berry thief. The level I gave her from the Spinda ensure she will survive even a crit, but

AM-JKLX_pR2SNIlxAW8AnK5YQLV3umudP5vMr085

he instead tried to use counter (which only works on physical attacks), but I have an uncomfortable realization, I debuffed the Slaking's speed with Bright Bow, which means my dig timing is a little off. Fortunately this is easy enough to fix, I just attack on the loaf turn (and go for Rock Smash in the hopes of a defense debuff, which doesn't happen). That way I can outspeed and use Dig to

AM-JKLW5c-0p9vCovLkPeGIqn-slmXMO3Kehj-Qh

be underground on the turns the Slaking can attack, and hit him on the turns he doesn't

AM-JKLXilef_9nZ-ZLsupGMZdkxzDn1TM2wRbSDy

I was a little worried that healing would change the loafing timing, but fortunately it didn't, and while Benice is running out of digs

AM-JKLW8buY1t0DOzgNJTvg4W04JzMYDU0yxI4U8

She has enough to finish the beast off. With that we have a check mate, as

AM-JKLVsaZ5-1VpjnXYhy_79zZjKZn165buM7QPO

Wraith is immune to all of the Linnone's attacks.

AM-JKLVPKuJMcfxvrSaDbPBAEcBG_F9N8KxKbC3x

Which is a good thing, as Belly Drum can be terrifying.

AM-JKLUp9J1_vDRm2L-KkvUddV7d1gGBQFZgp764

And like that, Norman has been stunned to silence.

AM-JKLXbJINhT1Wez64rVRhaexLnKkbKGQBe2q9R

I really like that they call him Dad.

AM-JKLVeZuT0Gh2qtJzHBN63zc0fnkiYJ3ZDKV0n

This is another Gym Leader that has an little arc I really like, ending with this strange clash between his pride of his own ability, and pride in his daughter.

AM-JKLXPiTFFs84MXhJHqJBF8MoIu_iU6_5jBYTI

...please read the room...uh Wally's dad. I don't remember if he actually has a name.

AM-JKLUfH-ZrKJcJjzq3g-drNv3AYg9xGf5rUayZ

sigh, he drags me to his house

AM-JKLUU-37bU26wPRE9XWGPBefG1ArcnTrW_-GiAM-JKLWhe0DoKWAUDkrt3v1oUG7VKNG0znHvSDYP

I guess Wally is kinda a friend, and I am glad he is feeling better. I am glad that they don't try to frame him as anything more than a friend too.

AM-JKLWnE0i0kDLKKSmUOhqBd2tpQOYGFMYFibcW

And its hard to complain about being gifted me the best HM in the game.

Now that I have the power of Surf there are a lot of encounters I can grab

AM-JKLXHyq_RagRRUg3hSruAoys8TKqefi_s1Jlb

Like from Route 115, where I find

AM-JKLWU1HHI17Qj49wSY5lXPriYfitviNwgGd00

One of the Generation 1 classics that next generation would give an evolution. Honestly a real grass type is great to get just before the infamous water that Polygon panned so much

AM-JKLU4uX73iEj1LWGgY4uN7TvyRzpck2c9TOG3

I seem to remember @Shaky Jones being on here fairly recently, and who knows, maybe there is a skeleton under all those vines 😛

Another little thing we can do

AM-JKLWh4hwfvAhLs7VhOak0pZ466tZASmGyiOsR

is a favor for a Gym Leader

AM-JKLVmaLvxJAJfKERG7MmCTHW9hxO0cLwdow3I

It wouldn't be a JRPG without the awful sewer level would it 😛

AM-JKLXOoIB2AqnWvbJ4nfJv0ZloaII8DKeTpzFv

Yes, send the 10 year old into an unsafe environment to deal with a reactor leak.

AM-JKLWefO_crS9Wm8QKR8u9Trf9a2g_3ZfUO8hrAM-JKLXJZoiaJUVsSc8JV9PJyn__6CAKxBzaPMvRAM-JKLVL6Q0XP7o_Qs_ZyJQ5KmCfO3E6FK_yFehi

These villainous teams are so childishly petty. Also such a nice comedic moment on this completely random sign in the middle of nowhere

AM-JKLUbPfLOL8iuB3SvCZUZlzOut25HMkhSoIIp

Ah New Mauville, now lets find my encoun-

AM-JKLVQ4d9qimMlMyvph89YG2OUEBT6jjAqFrtd

...Oh no...That is high enough level to use self destruct...I have got to switch into someone that can take that in case it breaks out of a ball

AM-JKLXYwmf8KsMMd4Y0vXdDDeZFUZmvSGnZfttr

...I did not think this one through did I.

AM-JKLVVVhVEHrgInFAByqDpthcXn-QaoO-gAydR

Whelp that is the first encounter I have missed. At least no one else died in the explosion, but I should have been better prepared for that possibility.

AM-JKLXQpw0-cZ3M84_UJLbuoAoclKCD6mEru1rC

This place was annoying enough for me to use up my repels, but I wanted to complete it, as

AM-JKLV_nCOHwgRJoCD3t_aLAHTwHRjWakuogZlJ

This is the only Thunderbolt TM we get.

AM-JKLUVCljugO85WqU0dl-hWC-cBbxdFBXVozMM

There are also the routes we passed through on Mr. Briney's boat

AM-JKLWfGAKJBmT5xHY2-EzYJw-Dp3D5sZ84ft4i

First encounter of the boat routes.

AM-JKLUWaKfnCm8-ahJldzuUp-xWS8IoHrGEmb3F

@fates is based was posting on here a little while earlier in the month.

AM-JKLXKVboSl5wzzSu6Xx9bOBOPm0ogGs6YvNXQ

Next encounter on this long set of water routes.

AM-JKLXA0snkHuiIgAMOJNcikv4guKf13Ek_ZHRs

@TheRomHackist was around kinda recently, and seemed to like the Tee Hee-ers. Unfortunately this is a Thick Fat Marill, although even if it was Huge Power, that is a lot less impressive before the physical-special split.

AM-JKLVXX7nXNF8UPaKPsiG5MFo_Kflew5lfSYHv

This is basically the last encounter for the routes, as all 5 have the same encounter list of these three. Although it is kinda stupid that there are 5 routes here to begin with...

AM-JKLUDQrJPhCq_w2zlHJ3aH-kvRCr3lBi8Eg__

Sorry @Lorneus, but this little girl I named after you started above the current level cap, so she has to be boxed until after the next Gym. Also she ended up draining a LOT of balls.

And then I have a massive blunder on the Abandoned Ship as

AM-JKLUrb27yk4B1vbNTtAXvf__oq2aoJFLUyXe0

I thought the move Revenge had the effect of Retaliate, so @Shadow Mir died as I was expecting half the damage he took on the switch, only for it to be double...

AM-JKLVf4KVfyIYp7I8XsAIoOTYz38bnaqeWJWcn

But we wanted to clear out the Abandoned ship for this, the only Ice Beam TM we get.

AM-JKLXjj4iVm5h1XdTwSlOjI5ZSGfBDUkN_lzIJ

Plus there is an encounter for this place, and an interesting one at that

AM-JKLWhRGpuZRSCdyecZDP3XNMsPklhQcVsb_GA

It has been a little while, but @twilitfalchion was fairly active here as recently as a month ago...Ok I admit it, I have been going back a...lot... of pages looking for more people to name pokemon after...

AM-JKLWntH5Q4UOQOvvi7mifrEl0m1FN0REBxkUA

Sorry, @Shadow Mir I will name another pokemon after you (probably next update or two with how difficult it has been to find names for new pokemon...)

AM-JKLXzc9dcbjpf5yViOXdjZAIT9V5sl8V5wy8pAM-JKLWno7B_Bkwmw_AgoDbY6GN1yt1KHW1b2LE2

Probably a better parent than what most of the pokemon protagonists have.

AM-JKLVtvavF2wZT9l0WkadgcUNVxNwH4P8A-c-Z

It took a while, but I finally needed to restock on Antidotes.

AM-JKLVrn5-gx-SrTn6FwylHytf5w04th4M888dL

Its not all that surprising as she was rather close to evolving.

AM-JKLV3xb7QI29TGXFFE-fUq3K9mkufPWySDbmr

One last encounter from the route that you can't really explore thanks to the current, but you can access for an encounter.

AM-JKLWhnz-t5Es6_wnqBi0RMMEyCYgKCFwcBytP

@FlyingKitsune, I name this Wailmer after thee. I will note that the way this was documented makes it seem like the creator expected you to get this encounter from the other side.

And that is enough for now. Next time I will actually get closer to the next Gym instead of just checking out what I find with Surf while backtracking.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLUp9J1_vDRm2L-KkvUddV7d1gGBQFZgp764

And like that, Norman has been stunned to silence.

Norman: Well, that did not go according to plan.

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Honestly a real grass type is great to get just before the infamous water that Polygon panned so much

I thought it was IGN who had the 7.8

43 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...I did not think this one through did I.

AM-JKLVVVhVEHrgInFAByqDpthcXn-QaoO-gAydR

Whelp that is the first encounter I have missed. At least no one else died in the explosion, but I should have been better prepared for that possibility.

RIP Voltorb.

44 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLV_nCOHwgRJoCD3t_aLAHTwHRjWakuogZlJ

This is the only Thunderbolt TM we get.

I expected you to get a crappy item here.

45 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLUrb27yk4B1vbNTtAXvf__oq2aoJFLUyXe0

I thought the move Revenge had the effect of Retaliate, so @Shadow Mir died as I was expecting half the damage he took on the switch, only for it to be double...

Revenge is one of those moves that could be clearer for sure, it and Payback sounds like Retaliate but that only existed from Gen 5 and the effect on the other two is arguably more likely you activate it as it's a levelup move on more pokemon.

RIP Shadow Mir the Pidgeotto

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Everything the sun touches is anime Ruben. You cannot escape.

Curse you, Armagon! I will boycott Xenoblade 3 by not buying it! I am very important, so this will clearly be an irreparable blow to their finances.

10 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

biggest warning sign tbh

I'm not worried. Live a Live was an excellent game, Squenix or no Squenix. There are very few ways in which they could fuck it up, and the gifs of combat have pretty much deconfirmed half of them.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Square Enix,  it is so funny that they're releasing Star Ocean 6, which looks like a knockoff Xenoblade this year. And then Monolith Soft said "aight bet" and announced Xenoblade 3.

Star Ocean 6 is just getting sent out to die, poor bastard.

Clearly their real priority is Live a Live. As it should be. Would you believe, someone told me that, upon seeing that trailer, he thought it was clearly inspired by Chrono Trigger? If you had stopped to listen, you could've faintly heard my mach 10 typing from the other side of the planet as I rushed to correct him. I'm very excited for this, oh so excited. I haven't mentioned it before, have I? Hey, if you can spend every waking moment talking about Xenoblade 3, spare me some fanboyisms of my own. Do not defy me, Armagon. I won't recommend Live a Live to you because I like this, therefore it means you won't, but rest assured, it is an excellent JRPG, and it will be even more so with this fresh new coat of paint.

...You know, I didn't set out to write a paragraph.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I did no such thing. I nostalgia baited myself, if anything. You only have yourself to blame for your choices, Sooks.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I seem to remember @Shaky Jones being on here fairly recently,

Shaky pops up occassionally. The safest bet is to summon him by pronouncing the mystical incantation:

@Shaky Jones New Mystery good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh yeah, I forgot I saved the game in front of a couple of pokefans. So now I've been assaulted by Fanio and Isabel.

I beat them both and entered a mystery house, which I left with all my pokemon paralyzed. Really hate this status effect. Then I found an Electrike that I called Vector, an Oddish I called Remolacha and an Aura that I named-- Wait, AURA?!

Stop! No! My entire team is paralyzed and two of them are dead! Get away from me--!

Welp. Back to the pokemon center. I'm gonna kill her...

Edited by Saint Rubenio