Bound Hero Battle: Titania and Mist

Nanima

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Warm up for Alm. :-) 

Warm up indeed. That didn't look like much of a struggle. xD Poor Mist, her miracle only protected her from one out of four strikes. This was quite the slaughter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Hope you had a good vacation! Your team made quick work of the map as usual- Miracle? What's that?

@Landmaster Nice that you made your Emblem team work with all those skill tinkering. Spur support in particular is underrated. Nice Mist finisher.

@Nanima Feeling very Pokemon there heh. Always good to see Skadikumi's survivability when you first baited the enemy. Flier mage didn't know what happened during the Aerobatics attack. Nice way to bypass Miracle with the Skadi effect!

Poor Titania was murdered mercilessly by Nekokura. Her dagger really shone in the clear.

As for the star squad, Sunkumi just wrecks things no matter what team he is in. The ladies did their part working together to deal with the right, and everyone did their job well.

@Alexmender Eirika's becoming too overpowered now for these BHBs heh. Your team support synergy is just too good. 

As for the Cordy family clear, Bridelia still shows off that even when L!Alm arrives she is still not to be underestimated. Galeforce pros are always fun to see, and Selena should be proud tanking the bosses of the map perfectly. Those even Def/Res stats on her soothes my OCD soul.

@NegativeExponents- @Ginko @SatsumaFSoysoy 

So Tellius clear time! I wanted to do a clear with Ranulf and I heard about his line about Ike and Sothe being grown up...and then this turned into an Ike Fan Club clear with a 4 star Soren!

Team is neutral Legendary Ike, +HP/-Atk Ranulf, +Spd/-Def Sothe and 4* +Spd Soren.

Music is Hymn of the Righteous from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-Soren needed Gronnblade to power through the red flier immediately, and some Ranulf's Fang + Peshkatz buffs to keep the power going later on in the map. Atk+3 was also needed for that first kill. 

-Sothe aka 'Father of Ike's children' as Micaiah sassily says, was the cornerstone of this team. Peshkatz buffs/debuffs was key and his Drive Atk was also needed for Soren to power through things in second half.

-Ranulf may have had the unfortunate superbane, but that doesn't affect his support playstyle. He can also be quite tanky defensively, so I'm getting used to this a speedy def cav (well, Fury damage does lower health but I like the general stat buff for him)

-L!Ike needed Soren's encouragement in Fortify Res to survive the blue mage.

Got another idea for another clear featuring a new beast of a unit but will upload it later, it's been a busy week. Also have the LHB to do as well.

51 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Hope you had a good vacation! Your team made quick work of the map as usual- Miracle? What's that?

Yeah it was a nice trip, thanks! 

52 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So Tellius clear time! I wanted to do a clear with Ranulf and I heard about his line about Ike and Sothe being grown up...and then this turned into an Ike Fan Club clear with a 4 star Soren!

It's always astonishing how well some 4* units work in your clears, Bladetomes and a lot of buffs make up for the missing *. I also liked Ike tanking the blue mage, pretty close one. Well done! 

Good luck with the LHB! 

@mampfoid Nice as always! It was pretty nice to see Cherche deal exact damage against that archer. 

And yeah, BHB feel too easy nowadays. At least they allow the use of more wacky teams instead of being forced to run optimal sets like Abyssal LHB/MHB maps not that I dislike them, I prefer extra hard content to getting bored.

@mcsilas That music! I tend to forget how RD has a very nice soundtrack. For the clear itself, it's interesting to see Ranulf in action and he shows that he's a great mix between offense and support with his in-built drive. Your Soren being at 4*+2 seems to have made a little difference in terms of how he managed to get some kills and survive but maybe he'd been able to do it just as well at +0. Sothe with the very appreciated debuffs really put in some work, it got close when Mist of all people almost killed him. And last but not least we have L!Ike, the good ol' reliable unit to clear hard content in f2p guides, seems this time he needed to go and ground his sister for stuff, haha. That first hit he tanked was really close, but he pulled through.

All in all, a great clear as always! 

23 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Nice that you made your Emblem team work with all those skill tinkering. Spur support in particular is underrated. Nice Mist finisher.

@Nanima Feeling very Pokemon there heh. Always good to see Skadikumi's survivability when you first baited the enemy. Flier mage didn't know what happened during the Aerobatics attack. Nice way to bypass Miracle with the Skadi effect!

Poor Titania was murdered mercilessly by Nekokura. Her dagger really shone in the clear.

As for the star squad, Sunkumi just wrecks things no matter what team he is in. The ladies did their part working together to deal with the right, and everyone did their job well.

@Alexmender Eirika's becoming too overpowered now for these BHBs heh. Your team support synergy is just too good. 

As for the Cordy family clear, Bridelia still shows off that even when L!Alm arrives she is still not to be underestimated. Galeforce pros are always fun to see, and Selena should be proud tanking the bosses of the map perfectly. Those even Def/Res stats on her soothes my OCD soul.

@NegativeExponents- @Ginko @SatsumaFSoysoy 

Team is neutral Legendary Ike, +HP/-Atk Ranulf, +Spd/-Def Sothe and 4* +Spd Soren.

Music is Hymn of the Righteous from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-Soren needed Gronnblade to power through the red flier immediately, and some Ranulf's Fang + Peshkatz buffs to keep the power going later on in the map. Atk+3 was also needed for that first kill. 

-Sothe aka 'Father of Ike's children' as Micaiah sassily says, was the cornerstone of this team. Peshkatz buffs/debuffs was key and his Drive Atk was also needed for Soren to power through things in second half.

-Ranulf may have had the unfortunate superbane, but that doesn't affect his support playstyle. He can also be quite tanky defensively, so I'm getting used to this a speedy def cav (well, Fury damage does lower health but I like the general stat buff for him)

-L!Ike needed Soren's encouragement in Fortify Res to survive the blue mage.

Got another idea for another clear featuring a new beast of a unit but will upload it later, it's been a busy week. Also have the LHB to do as well.

Wooo, first time seeing Ranulf on the field, his Spd ends up making up for that Superbane~ Soren really took advantage of those buffs from Sothe for that extra power, managing kills even at 4*. Funny to see Ike being the one to end Mist, nice theme and music!

@Alexmender Yeah I love this track. Yeah, Soren merging was mostly back when barracks space was limited and he didn't have great fodder. I love Ranulf's bulk, and I forgot to mention that Savage Blow was needed so Mist would heal rather than block the chokepoint with her Miracle.

@mampfoid Thanks! It's nice to be able to use 4* since I haven't trained them or have no real attachment to a unit to 5 star them. Makes things a bit challenging sometimes but good feeling when it works. Oh and speaking of 4* units... here are the rest of the clears!

@NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Nanima @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy  @Landmaster

So to celebrate my latest grab from the Gallia banner, here is a beast clear starring the beast armour Lion King!

Team is +Atk/-HP Caineghis, neutral Nailah, neutral Naesala and +Def/-Atk 4* Reyson.

Music is March of the Lion King from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-These laguz are such beasts in combat. Caineghis himself dealt with the left side so easily thanks to DD4, if I took it off he would struggle a lot though from the bladetome. Nailah took the right side, and thanks to Glare, helped delay the sword flier.

-I didn't have time to upgrade Reyson, but I will after this. Thing is, Caineghis, without all the Spur/Drive support would fall to Titania's Luna and double attack thanks to being -HP. Had Reyson been promoted, Fortify Beasts plus the 7 HP healing would have really helped make things easier but seal shuffling worked in the end. This was pretty tricky without access to a red laguz to combat a pre-charged Titania, so buffing Caineghis's defense was my best option

----

Now for the final clear, I wanted to give love to the OG Ike so here is a clear with allies from each Tellius nation (Caineghis from Gallia, Elincia from Crimea and Haar represents both Daein and Begnion).

Team is +Atk/-HP Caineghis, +Spd/-Atk Ike, +Res Elincia+1 and neutral Haar.

Music is The Devoted from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-This map is actually pretty hard without ranged units, so I had to resort to Caineghis's DC + DD4 to deal with the left side again and flier movement shenanigans with Elincia's Flier Formation/Guidance. Both fliers also had Swap to maneouvre the area easily.

-Haar may not have an OP kit, but his Guard worked really well in delaying the sword flier's Bonfire. He was the real final boss for this team since his Def is really high for my team and once Bonfire is charged I'd be in trouble, so it was a relief to find a solution where Elincia could finally quad without being hit by Bonfire. Caineghis can't even reach the flier and is actually in danger from the Armorslayer when he is without a special. Haar needed Close Def to survive the double, and Ike's Chill Atk was also great support (and ensured the Lion King took miniscule damage from the blue archer).

On 30.4.2019 at 3:43 PM, mcsilas said:

Feeling very Pokemon there heh. Always good to see Skadikumi's survivability when you first baited the enemy. Flier mage didn't know what happened during the Aerobatics attack. Nice way to bypass Miracle with the Skadi effect!

I am looking forward to the next gen, yes. xD The Skadi effect was unplanned but definitely not unwelcomed. 

I did spent some time setting that up. Wanted to give her something to kill other than mages.

Yeah, Sunkumi doesn't need the new fangled stat boost to archers, he is already amazing. xD

So Tellius clear time!

Aww what a sweet theme. Those boys really did have to take a lot of hits though. Things got a bit tensed when backed up into a corner, but you managed to steadily chip away at the crowd and win in the end. A bit sad to see Ike deleting his sister like that though. 

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So to celebrate my latest grab from the Gallia banner, here is a beast clear starring the beast armour Lion King!

Congrats on the Lion King! He really is such a fearsome beat unit. Nailah also took a lot of damage, but handled it with grace. Reyson sang for everyone, and I am sure he'll be even more useful when upgraded. Poor Naesala almost didn't get to do anything. Well, that's what you get for saying you don't come cheap. haha

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Now for the final clear

Caineghis was even tougher on this clear. I was so amused at the archer only doing 1 damage with Luna. Loved that Ike got to take out Titania himself, but feel sorry for Mist being taken out by her bro yet again. Elincia really got to shine here as well.

Good job!

On 1.5.2019 at 3:50 PM, mcsilas said:

Oh, nice Caineghis, you should run him with 3 Cains. First I thought he could solo this map, but Titania hit him harder than I thought and then there was also the armor-effective flier. 

On 1.5.2019 at 3:50 PM, mcsilas said:

Now for the final clear, I wanted to give love to the OG Ike so here is a clear with allies from each Tellius nation (Caineghis from Gallia, Elincia from Crimea and Haar represents both Daein and Begnion).

I like the theme, even if I've never played a Telius game. Still strange for me that you promoted Haar before Reyson. 

Caineghis starts the clear like before, but Ike has got some trouble to get rid of Titania (she knows his sword-style perhaps). I'm not used to see Elincia with a damage special, so I was surprised to see her killing that bulky Flier. Nice! 

On 5/1/2019 at 9:50 AM, mcsilas said:

@Alexmender Yeah I love this track. Yeah, Soren merging was mostly back when barracks space was limited and he didn't have great fodder. I love Ranulf's bulk, and I forgot to mention that Savage Blow was needed so Mist would heal rather than block the chokepoint with her Miracle.

@mampfoid Thanks! It's nice to be able to use 4* since I haven't trained them or have no real attachment to a unit to 5 star them. Makes things a bit challenging sometimes but good feeling when it works. Oh and speaking of 4* units... here are the rest of the clears!

@NegativeExponents- @Ginko @Nanima @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy  @Landmaster

Team is +Atk/-HP Caineghis, neutral Nailah, neutral Naesala and +Def/-Atk 4* Reyson.

Music is March of the Lion King from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-These laguz are such beasts in combat. Caineghis himself dealt with the left side so easily thanks to DD4, if I took it off he would struggle a lot though from the bladetome. Nailah took the right side, and thanks to Glare, helped delay the sword flier.

-I didn't have time to upgrade Reyson, but I will after this. Thing is, Caineghis, without all the Spur/Drive support would fall to Titania's Luna and double attack thanks to being -HP. Had Reyson been promoted, Fortify Beasts plus the 7 HP healing would have really helped make things easier but seal shuffling worked in the end. This was pretty tricky without access to a red laguz to combat a pre-charged Titania, so buffing Caineghis's defense was my best option

----

Team is +Atk/-HP Caineghis, +Spd/-Atk Ike, +Res Elincia+1 and neutral Haar.

Music is The Devoted from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn.

-This map is actually pretty hard without ranged units, so I had to resort to Caineghis's DC + DD4 to deal with the left side again and flier movement shenanigans with Elincia's Flier Formation/Guidance. Both fliers also had Swap to maneouvre the area easily.

-Haar may not have an OP kit, but his Guard worked really well in delaying the sword flier's Bonfire. He was the real final boss for this team since his Def is really high for my team and once Bonfire is charged I'd be in trouble, so it was a relief to find a solution where Elincia could finally quad without being hit by Bonfire. Caineghis can't even reach the flier and is actually in danger from the Armorslayer when he is without a special. Haar needed Close Def to survive the double, and Ike's Chill Atk was also great support (and ensured the Lion King took miniscule damage from the blue archer).

Nailah is super offensive with those special procs while Mufasa is super tanky and eats everything. His voice lines are so cool!

Ike and his posse, another cool theme. 70 dmg Bonfires, my lord~ Guidance really helped move everyone around. Haar’s super bulky to be able to survive the Sword Flier on his own and make use of his Guard to hold off the Special. Ike gets the finish on Titania and his sister. I really enjoyed the Swap shenanigans 

@mampfoid Seasonal Cain when? Also apparently Thracia has a Cain as well. One day, I already have a 5 star Cain, so even if it's not a full Cain Emblem I can try that someday! Love his refine.

Also I haven't played Tellius personally as well (very rare games these days) but I watched a Let's Play, and I just love the cast. Yeah it was kind of nice that Caineghis had limits because at first I felt bad using him but I needed the firepower to start the map and he needed a lot more support especially with that flying armorslayer enemy.

Don't worry, I am training my promoted Reyson now! EXP/SP bonus helps when training dancers, so it's probably the best time to train him. Also I like Haar's design/character and I felt bad for him and his fans lol

@Landmaster Thanks! Yeah Haar sure has a large amount of defense, even if needed Close Defense to barely survive. Love how his base Guard helped out. Having two DC beasts are useful as well, and although they may not have as much firepower as your Keaton, attacking at any range is always useful.

@Azuris Sorry, forgot to tag you in those last two videos! 

• 6 months later...

Two clears for today!~

First, Fathers and Sons to celebrate Morgan being +10'd~

In case I have not regurgitated my husbandos of choice enough yet, it's Keaton and Lon'qu with their boys~ Morgan could keep his tryhard Arena scoring Dual Rally to help Keaton out~ Only needed Drive Atk for Keaton to secure the kill on the Blue Cav and Kana to finish the Flier~

And the Elises

Nothing much needed here except to remove Nowi's weapon so she wouldn't steal the buffs away from S!Elise, otherwise, she can't really handle that Red Flier~

Well, this took me longer than I thought it might.

Armour was easy, BK, Maltector, Garmphraim and Cecilimas had it first try.

The Askrtrio + Fjorm clear didn't happen at the same time however. Fjorm worked with M!Morgan, Kliff and Genny. Askrtrio meanwhile had Norne to help.

51 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This shouldn't have been an armor quest. That stupid flying mage and stupid armorslayer flier make it way too hard.

They are pretty easy to tank though. You just run armors with color advantage against them. The mage should not even be an issue against an armor with decent Res and we have plenty of those.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

They are pretty easy to tank though. You just run armors with color advantage against them. The mage should not even be an issue against an armor with decent Res and we have plenty of those.

You can't do that though. I tried. You put a green one in range of the blue archer, the red mage can come up and kill them because of Flier Guidance. Put a blue unit in and Titania can crush them. No matter what, you're putting someone in range of danger and it's too much to tank with the red mage flier and that armorslayer flier.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You can't do that though. I tried. You put a green one in range of the blue archer, the red mage can come up and kill them because of Flier Guidance. Put a blue unit in and Titania can crush them. No matter what, you're putting someone in range of danger and it's too much to tank with the red mage flier and that armorslayer flier.

You put a blue or colorless armor against the archer and mage and kill them on Turn 1. When Titania comes, you plug the hole with a red armor with Svalinn Shield. Any other armor exposed to the red sword flier should also run Svalinn Shield. Titania will suicide on the red armor while the other armors should be able to tank hits from the red sword flier. Swap the blue armor towards the red flier to kill it. Mist is not really a threat.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You put a blue or colorless armor against the archer and mage and kill them on Turn 1. When Titania comes, you plug the hole with a red armor with Svalinn Shield. Any other armor exposed to the red sword flier should also run Svalinn Shield. Titania will suicide on the red armor while the other armors should be able to tank hits from the red sword flier. Swap the blue armor towards the red flier to kill it. Mist is not really a threat.

I don't have a red armor with Svalinn Shield. I did give it to Picnic Lukas, but he's blue.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have a red armor with Svalinn Shield. I did give it to Picnic Lukas, but he's blue.

Svalinn Shield is cheap. You just get it from Sheena.

Bit late but I had some fun themes in mind.

@Zeo @daisy jane @Alexmender @DLNarshen @mampfoid @Ginko @Landmaster

Firstly, since Brunnya debuted, people were saying how she reminded them of Sonya/Ishtar. So why not make a team of these purple-themed mages?

Team is neutral Brunnya, +HP/-Atk Sonya, neutral Ishtar and +Res/-HP Soiree Ishtar

Music is Destiny from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

- Brunnya needed QR and Ishtar's Drive Atk and Atk Wave to start the map. She didn't fear Panic Ploy because of Fimbulvetr, which has an awesome animation by the way.

- Sonya needed Brunnya's Res smoke to finish off the blue mage without getting hit by a special while Soiree Ishtar needed a speed boost to..err..triple-hit Titania and her massive Res. S!Ishtar quadding Mist to push past Miracle was kind of fun.

---

And now for some Tellius seasonals againsts a Tellius BHB- with an obligatory V!Titania vs Titania!

Team is neutral Valentine's Titania, +Def/-HP Summer Elincia, neutral Halloween Rolf and +Atk/-Def Halloween Mia

Music is Vs Iris Theme from Pokemon Black and White 2

- Titania starts out with a Bladetome bomb, then retreats to let Elincia take the stage against the blue mage. Titania's Swap + Link combo shines in this map, as the girls had to retreat in the upper corner while Rolf shoots fliers in the left side.

- Rolf shows off his bulk against the blue archer, and then proceeds to battle with Mist, pushing through her Miracle (although he needed some healing from Mia because of Fury Bow damage)

On 12/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, mcsilas said:

Bit late but I had some fun themes in mind.

Firstly, since Brunnya debuted, people were saying how she reminded them of Sonya/Ishtar. So why not make a team of these purple-themed mages?

Team is neutral Brunnya, +HP/-Atk Sonya, neutral Ishtar and +Res/-HP Soiree Ishtar

Music is Destiny from the King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

- Brunnya needed QR and Ishtar's Drive Atk and Atk Wave to start the map. She didn't fear Panic Ploy because of Fimbulvetr, which has an awesome animation by the way.

- Sonya needed Brunnya's Res smoke to finish off the blue mage without getting hit by a special while Soiree Ishtar needed a speed boost to..err..triple-hit Titania and her massive Res. S!Ishtar quadding Mist to push past Miracle was kind of fun.

---

And now for some Tellius seasonals againsts a Tellius BHB- with an obligatory V!Titania vs Titania!

Team is neutral Valentine's Titania, +Def/-HP Summer Elincia, neutral Halloween Rolf and +Atk/-Def Halloween Mia

Music is Vs Iris Theme from Pokemon Black and White 2

- Titania starts out with a Bladetome bomb, then retreats to let Elincia take the stage against the blue mage. Titania's Swap + Link combo shines in this map, as the girls had to retreat in the upper corner while Rolf shoots fliers in the left side.

- Rolf shows off his bulk against the blue archer, and then proceeds to battle with Mist, pushing through her Miracle (although he needed some healing from Mia because of Fury Bow damage)

I hadn’t seen the animation for Fimbulvetr before. Looks cool~ Brunnya’s pretty powerful~ Always love seeing some quadding from Dancing Ishtar~

Rolf is so amusing with his Ghost noises. Evil Titania did more damage to V!Titania than I would have expected but she was easily nuked~ Nice work~

@mcsilas You had to hit me in the nostalgia with Hymn of the Righteous. Everyone supported eachother well here. Really enjoyed seeing Soren get an exact kill with proper positioning to get the boost from both Sothe and Ranulf. Ranulf himself is also incredibly tanky. Wasn't expecting that at all. I know this is an old clear but I still wanted to check it out.

Crazy nostalgia from the FE10 clear with OG Ike. Just watching everyone work here brought me back to the old days of playing RD. Elincia's exact kill with Amiti while proccing Luna reminded me of when she would proc stun in RD which would be so satisfying. Haar did well out in the battlefront, even if he's not OP like in FE10 he still put in work. Caineghis is Caineghis and despite L!Ike being a solid (or even better/more fitting) choice, you took OG Ike who did great. I wonder what they would give him for a refine.

Oddly enough I feel like I've seen your Gallia clear before, it seemed familiar, but it was great as well.

Now we're getting imaginative! Here you go hitting me with the KOF music again. Such an elegant clear. Bruunya opening the map with Fimbulvetr was just magic (literally!). Her and Ishtar dispatched their enemies cleanly and gracefully though I admit, seeing Sonya fail to kill that blue mage cav in their initial fight just reminded me of how dated she is as a unit without her refine. She needs Special Spiral and 200 Dew, without it she's not all that great. Still she got to do more than OG Ishtar who I almost thought wasn't going to see any action at all. I thought she was going to get the final kill but it went to dancing Ishtar who, admittedly, finished the map with more grace.

Ugh... seeing that clear gave me inspiration to do a clear that I can't do now because the map is gone. Ah well. Moving along.

Fun little clear at the end there also. I'd never actually listened to Rolf's lines but he seems really fun, the swap maneuver with Titania when she was cornered by the opposing Titania was excellent. Still it was like the GM's were doing a training exercise but everyone was just having fun with it. Right down to Rolf and Mist taking things a little too seriously near the end. Fun times.

Another map I passed on, though an FE9 clear with OG Ike and dancer Elincia came to mind, I'd just started to burn out at that point. Of course Matt ate the map, I shouldn't have to tell you that.

• 8 months later...