Rate the Unit: Day LVII

Shin

Rules(Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

-Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning. Especially if your score is radically different to everyone else!

-Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10",etc.

-Personality /Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

-Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

-Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

-Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00BST!Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

FirstGeneration

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude :4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf : 6.40

Aideen:6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin(FirstGeneration): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

SecondGeneration

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Faval: 4.65

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tinny: 5.00

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Janne: 6.29

Lakche: 6.35

Linda: 6.38

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Laylea: 9.42

Leen: 9.45

Leaf: 9.45

Aless: 9.47

Celice: 9.54

Faval still did better than Patty.

Asaello

Practically Jamka but worse. Comes with a Silver Bow but is so mediocre it hurts. Recruitment is a problem, especially since Daisy has a bad habit of dying. He's not foul, but he's not winning any prizes... or runner up prizes. He also suffers from bowfootlock. Hey, at least he can deal some damage.

3.5/10

Well, uh... he has Hero Bow and Killer Bow access on top of that Silver Bow, and Dimna is only taking one of them. Plus we're entering wyvern country, so that's good for Asaello. I guess killing Wyverns is harder on a subs-run than on a regular run, so it's worth more, so a 4/10 from me. -1 bias because his face reminds me of this guy I really hate, so 3/10.

He's almost as bad as Faval, but not quite. You don't need to wait around for Brigid to pair, but his recruitment is even worse than Faval's since you don't have a Warp staff in chapter 8 in all-subs; you therefore have to dancewalk Daisy across an additional length of map. Total turn cost is less though, and Celice can't catch a Warp either so your turn potential is constrained in any case. And in all-subs your general mass of combat footies means slightly more since they don't have quite so much individual firepower.

1/10

His pretty much Faval minus that holy weapon. His stats aren't anything that amazing, but he can kill stuff. But the foot + bowlocking really sucks. At least he doesn't cost turns to make, but recruiting him is kinda annoying.

2.5/10

An okay foot unit with a decent bow start and the option to knock out some flying units. He'll take whatever bows Dimna's not using, but I still prefer Dimna for Pursuit, the Strength event, and the horse; consequently, I'd expect to favor him less than you might since he doesn't have a bow monopoly. Even so, he starts with a good enough one to be competent.

3/10

...Faval minus Ichival and significantly lower abilities all-around.

He's generically average, and cause he's not toting around a legendary, his Bow-lock actually matters.

Not listing out Pros/Cons, cause he'd get most of the same as Faval, but now his cons outweigh his pros.

3.6/10

An okay foot unit with a decent bow start and the option to knock out some flying units. He'll take whatever bows Dimna's not using, but I still prefer Dimna for Pursuit, the Strength event, and the horse; consequently, I'd expect to favor him less than you might since he doesn't have a bow monopoly. Even so, he starts with a good enough one to be competent.

3/10

Just making sure, you know this guy has Pursuit as well, right? It's a class skill for Snipers.

2.5/10, the only Wyvern guys your actual 1-range crew has trouble killing have Nihil, so I really don't see the point in this guy (or Faval for that matter). He is alright at fighting but can't do anything in any kind of realistic efficient playthrough, unless that pt somehow forces you to incorporate all substitutes or something.

Just making sure, you know this guy has Pursuit as well, right? It's a class skill for Snipers.

2.5/10, the only Wyvern guys your actual 1-range crew has trouble killing have Nihil, so I really don't see the point in this guy (or Faval for that matter). He is alright at fighting but can't do anything in any kind of realistic efficient playthrough, unless that pt somehow forces you to incorporate all substitutes or something.

You do know that this is an all-subs run, right? Or would you have given him an even lower score if it wasn't?

To many efficient players, a good portion of the most useful characters happened to be the fixed characters (Celice, Leaf, Aless, Shanan, etc) who exist on both paired and subs runs and a footbound unit who doesn't even have anything really special (Balmung+good bases, for example) is not gonna get a high score regardless or subs-only or not.

Unless you're going to assume no fixed characters on subs only, which is just ridiculous.

Not rating because never played subs, as usual.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

he's like... jamka. like, seriously.

at least jamka showed up with a killer bow and at the end of c1, this guy shows up midway through c8 (celice's c3) and is bowlocked. And he doesn't even have Faval's overkill offense-!

2/10

Sorry, it wasn't entirely clear that was meant to be taken as the list of advantages Dimna has in total; probably should've said "for also having Pursuit, plus the strength event and a horse." Neither is great but the horse is a horse, of course.

Looking forward to rating a good character today. It is Sety day, right? I forget.

Looking forward to rating a good character today. It is Sety day, right? I forget.

Yes, Sety is today.

EDIT: is -> should be

Edited by Integrity

You do know that this is an all-subs run, right? Or would you have given him an even lower score if it wasn't?

Yeah, I meant that as a playthrough where you are somehow forced to use all your substitute characters for combat for an enormous portions of the game. Not just "you can't pair the parents".