Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The Fianna militia is actually considered siblings by the game's narrative. Which is why Nanna x Leif had such a strong incest vibe on it

Also yeah Saias and Marcus is the only mentioned character i remember, mentioned by Reinhardt and Brave Roy

Sure, but so are the assassins in FE12. Although I appreciate that they added Mareeta as an actual sister figure to Leif, instead of simply being another love interest for him or someone else. Leif and Nanna may still have that whole "we grew up like siblings but it's okay because we're not actually related" thing, but it's refreshing to see two boy and girl characters that grew up together still act like actual siblings as they get older. Kinda makes me wonder how Altena and Mareeta would've interacted if they ever met. They're definitely getting an S Support when they get added into Heroes.

Reinhardt also mentions Ishtar in one of his castle quotes. I think Bartre also calls for Fir in some of his dialogue, though I can't confirm that myself. Both Clarisse and Legion mention Katarina (as Reese) in some castle quotes as well.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That and I do love some bloodthirsty old women warriors. Quite refreshing since I don't see that too often.

I like that her love for bloodshed isn't for the killing itself; that alone makes her more likable to me than some... other Fates characters. Who may or may not already be in Heroes.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I like that her love for bloodshed isn't for the killing itself; that alone makes her more likable to me than some... other Fates characters. Who may or may not already be in Heroes.

Who has a horrible voice?

But yeah at least Reina is aware of it in her supports with Corrin. If only she had more supports we could explore more. She was a retainer to Mikoto with Orochi- and Orochi support would've been interesting.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I hope we get RD Tormod. I like his design better in that game if only he had better availability

Haha, I just hope we get a Tormod. I don't even care if he has mediocre stats, I'll make him great; I'll give him everything if I have to.

@DefaultBeep: Yeah, but I didn’t say Robin was a lord. They share the protagonist role with Chrom much like Kris does with Marth. Neither do I consider any of the three true avatars (as in, stand-in for the player) but that’s beside the point.

We also only got one Robin and one Corrin for each sex, even though they can reclass into whatever. So they can settle on some “canon” (quotation marks, see Faye) classes for the Krises too.

I bet Minerva talks about Michalis. Katarina talks about Clarisse too.

If Astram and Midia are in, Harken and Isadora must be too. The one thing FE6 left out when browsing FE3 for points to borrow!

Not few, only, I think. Kiragi is “canonically” a sniper in Heirs of Fate and Shigure is a falco.

I’m all for fixed pairings with supports for non-romantic things. SoV’s approach, but wider.

@mcsilas: Reina isn’t old old. She’s probably in her thirties. Isn’t Titania the same age too? She considers herself old enough to be Boyd’s mother, and Boyd isn’t a child.

But Cindy Robinson is at least good as Peri :( Elizabeth Daily probably was better, but I didn’t play Fates and so don’t know.

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Who has a horrible voice?

But yeah at least Reina is aware of it in her supports with Corrin. If only she had more supports we could explore more. She was a retainer to Mikoto with Orochi- and Orochi support would've been interesting.

I'm still amazed that Peri and Minerva share a VA. I will never stop being surprised by that. And Hinoka, but I like the voices for her and Minerva much more than I like Peri's.

Agreed, both Fates and Awakening had an unfortunate amount of characters with very limited Supports. Reina is especially notable though, since she's not a secret character and doesn't have plot importance, like most of the other characters with few Supports. She really didn't get enough of a chance to be developed.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, but I didn’t say Robin was a lord. They share the protagonist role with Chrom much like Kris does with Marth. Neither do I consider any of the three true avatars (as in, stand-in for the player) but that’s beside the point.

We also only got one Robin and one Corrin for each sex, even though they can reclass into whatever. So they can settle on some “canon” (quotation marks, see Faye) classes for the Krises too.

I bet Minerva talks about Michalis. Katarina talks about Clarisse too.

If Astram and Midia are in, Harken and Isadora must be too. The one thing FE6 left out when browsing FE3 for points to borrow!

Not few, only, I think. Kiragi is “canonically” a sniper in Heirs of Fate and Shigure is a falco.

I’m all for fixed pairings with supports for non-romantic things. SoV’s approach, but wider.

Ture, the "avatars" are a weird halfway point between characters and actual avatars. They're customizable in appearance, but not in story choices or even personality (except somewhat Kris, but that was more backstory than anything). And now with games like Smash Bros. and Heroes, they're basically just characters entirely at this point.

I'm sure they will, I just like the absurd idea of almost countless Krises to account for all the backstory options :P If they go off of their official artwork, they may end up as a mercenary and myrmidon, but I could see them mixing it up a bit to add more variety. Cavalier and Pegasus knight would be cool, since none of the other avatars are lance or mounted units.

Oh yeah, so she does. She mentions Maria too. Thanks for making me thing to check. It's only fair, since you get to check Katarina's dialogue for me.

I'll admit, I don't have nearly as much attachment to Harken and Isadora, largely because I never got Harken and barely used Isadora. I would like to in a future playthrough, though.

Yeah, I couldn't think of any besides Reina, but I figured I'd be careful when posting that, just in case I had simply forgotten someone.

I'm glad that SoV went that route instead of having the option to pair almost anyone together. I don't dislike how Awakening and Fates did their Supports, but having canon relationships makes for much more interesting dialogue possibilities, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

@Kaden: Rerolling for your favourites is admirable. I can respect that.

I don’t have Takumi either. Nor do I have Ryoma. Elusive royals sure are elusive. And Linde. She keeps evading me too.

Speaking of Minerva, I decided to try for her right now:

-snip-

…nevermind. Going to open a random grey then and retreat back to my corner to cry…

-snip-

The gacha knows.

With me getting Katarina yesterday, Leo is now the only red mage I’ve never got. Eventually I’m setting up a picture of them all on the same screen in my castle!

Tsundere character type is mostly overdone now, isn’t it? Still it’s enjoyable when it’s done well, and I think Severa/Selena does a tsundere right.

I just wanted to hear her snarky voice again. :p

The Hoshido and Nohr royals were elusive for me at first. Now, I'm only missing regular Elise, Hinoka, Leo, and Ryoma, so, the really rare ones. The stupid thing is of the Fates royals that did get alternate versions of themselves, I have both the youngest sisters. I... Why... Why am I surrounded by all these lolis?

As for tsunderes, depends on if you think it's overdone or not. Character archetypes and traits get used over and over, so you could argue that everything is overdone. Same deal if it's noticeable or not. Noticeable being like an archetype or trait being blatantly ripped off and/or used everywhere because a recent work featured one and it and the character were famous and not noticeable as an archetype or trait that is so common that we don't realize how common it is.

@DefaultBeep: Which is why I’m fine with all three and their places in the plot. They are fixed characters with variable appearances, and their involvement makes sense in-universe. Usually.

Krises being a cavalier and a peg knight would also fit their “knights of Altea” thing of the 7th Platoon. Cav Kris and peg Kris, IS. Do it now!

Maria should have had “No protesting!” as one of her quotes in Heroes.

I used both on my recent FE7 playthrough, and obviously I got them to A. I dropped Guy for Harken and never regretted my choice. Isadora displaced Sain who didn’t do too hot either.

Yeah, necessarily making any pair of characters hook up by the fourth conversation is uncannily limiting. By taking forced romance out of the equation you can explore their actual relations and character traits beyond the gimmicks.

@Kaden: On one hand, Julie Ann Taylor does these humble types in FE like Cordelia, Flora, and now Nephenee. On the other hand, there is Severa. And I’m convinced by every one of these.

No Ryoma, no Hinoka, no Takumi on the Hoshido side. No Leo and no Elise on the Nohr side. No Lucina from Ylisse. No Minerva from Macedon. No Linde for some reason. You aren’t a royal, Linde, stop hiding!

Overdone as in used too often, I guess. Severa does the archetype well, because she can be explained. She is defensive because of her inferiority complex and can’t stand being compared to her universally-praised mother. Isn’t she calmer in Fates, now that she met and reconciled with Cordelia and found her calling?

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@mcsilas: Reina isn’t old old. She’s probably in her thirties. Isn’t Titania the same age too? She considers herself old enough to be Boyd’s mother, and Boyd isn’t a child.

But Cindy Robinson is at least good as Peri :( Elizabeth Daily probably was better, but I didn’t play Fates and so don’t know.

Well older than the main casts especially in the newer games I mean. Still quite refreshing. I can't really think of anyone older than her recently though

As for Peri- her voice fits some lines but then is way too screechy/squeaky in others, which makes me prefer her Fates voice even though I wasn't the biggest fan to begin with.

Even then the Japanese was way too high-pitched so I didn't like that either. Really I just don't like any of her voices but the Fates English one is the least screechy and most tolerable one in the end

Still think Japanese Hinoka is the superior voice, really matches her badass design. Not really a fan of 'tomboyish character? let's make them sound really boyish/deep' aka Effie. Characters can be tomboys but still have feminine voices- I like how contrasting (and kind of classy tone-wise) Effie's Japanese VA is to her superhuman strength.

55 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She considers herself old enough to be Boyd’s mother, and Boyd isn’t a child.

You got that wrong I think:

Spoiler

Boyd: Don’t you get it!? I want to give you a gift!
Titania: Boyd? What are you–
Boyd: Every time I look at you, Titania… I think that you’re the prettiest person I’ve ever seen!
Titania: Uh… Um, thank you, Boyd… But I… Look, you and me, we’re–
Boyd: You’re like a really nice mom or something! Um… I mean…
Titania: …
Boyd: Wait, that’s not… Oh, man… Look, that’s not what I meant. I mean, it is, but–
Titania: Boyd?
Boyd: Yeah?
Titania: How old do you think I am?
Boyd: Well, let me see… Are you… younger than my mother?
Titania: …Um…
Boyd: …Yeah… Um… I gotta go!
Titania: Boyd! Wait up!

Expect a Silver Axe to lodge itself in your head soon.

20 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll admit, I don't have nearly as much attachment to Harken and Isadora, largely because I never got Harken and barely used Isadora. I would like to in a future playthrough, though.

Isadora has an okay personality, a better Midia, and she has a couple good supports in  Renault and Legault. She's flimsy though from a gameplay perspective, with awful Con hindering her good speed. She's the most balanced horse unit in FE7 for sure.

Harken rocks in the gameplay department, if a little low on HP. His backstory, the lone Knights of Pherae survivor who then joined the Black Fang to kill Nergal, is good. But his supports are generally quite dull, he's a quiet, dutiful, honorable shell of a soldier tormented by not having protected his liege Elbert.

26 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Haha, I just hope we get a Tormod. I don't even care if he has mediocre stats, I'll make him great; I'll give him everything if I have to.

Same here! Ideally more than one for spreading the Celerity around.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I can't really think of anyone older than her recently though

The Rainbow Sage.

Peri is played closer to the literal meaning of childlike and psychopathic in Heroes. Many don’t like her “Iiiiit’s time!” selection quote, but it makes me smile every time I hear it.

I’m not a fan of Heroes Effie too. Marisha Ray can do a feminine badass, as shown with Oboro. Sure, she isn’t ripped, but she can rip.

@Interdimensional Observer: Big, huge, enormous oops right there! Yep, I remembered that wrong. Have to replay Path of Radiance then.

But doesn’t that still imply she is much older than him and considers romance between him and her inappropriate?

Edited by Vaximillian

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You got that wrong I think:

Reveal hidden contents

Boyd: Don’t you get it!? I want to give you a gift!
Titania: Boyd? What are you–
Boyd: Every time I look at you, Titania… I think that you’re the prettiest person I’ve ever seen!
Titania: Uh… Um, thank you, Boyd… But I… Look, you and me, we’re–
Boyd: You’re like a really nice mom or something! Um… I mean…
Titania: …
Boyd: Wait, that’s not… Oh, man… Look, that’s not what I meant. I mean, it is, but–
Titania: Boyd?
Boyd: Yeah?
Titania: How old do you think I am?
Boyd: Well, let me see… Are you… younger than my mother?
Titania: …Um…
Boyd: …Yeah… Um… I gotta go!
Titania: Boyd! Wait up!

Expect a Silver Axe to lodge itself in your head soon.

Isadora has an okay personality, a better Midia, and she has a couple good supports in  Renault and Legault. She's flimsy though from a gameplay perspective, with awful Con hindering her good speed. She's the most balanced horse unit in FE7 for sure.

Harken rocks in the gameplay department, if a little low on HP. His backstory, the lone Knights of Pherae survivor who then joined the Black Fang to kill Nergal, is good. But his supports are generally quite dull, he's a quiet, dutiful, honorable shell of a soldier tormented by not having protected his liege Elbert.

Lol i still cant believe how huge it is the disparity between Midia gameplay power and canon reputation

Shes ridiculously good but i dare say shes poorly done personality wise and narratively. Lets not forget that Midias role in Archanea is to prove Camus claims that Archanea is pathetic 

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Lol i still cant believe how huge it is the disparity between Midia gameplay power and canon reputation

Shes ridiculously good but i dare say shes poorly done personality wise and narratively. Lets not forget that Midias role in Archanea is to prove Camus claims that Archanea is pathetic 

Midia appears twice and both times starts captured. Girl why.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Huh ... how did my quote get attributed to DefaultBeep?

If Celerity ends up being a skill Tormod introduces into the game, it should probably be limited to infantry only.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If Celerity ends up being a skill Tormod introduces into the game, it should probably be limited to infantry only.

Celerity (B): Unit can move one additional space. (Skill cannot be inherited.)

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Huh ... how did my quote get attributed to DefaultBeep?

Armours would really want it more though

Suddenly Tormod is an armoured mage!

Infantry with cavalry move might be scary though, especially bladetome mages. But I guess there's no Hone/Fortify infantry so they're not as scary as Leo/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Olwen/Ursula...yet.

Actually I wonder if they'll even add more red/green mage cavalry because of how broken the mounted mages are. Are there any characters who fit a red/green cavalry mage in the series? I guess FE8 Selena?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Armours would really want it more though

Suddenly Tormod is an armoured mage!

Infantry with cavalry move might be scary though, especially bladetome mages. But I guess there's no Hone/Fortify infantry so they're not as scary as Leo/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Olwen/Ursula...yet.

Actually I wonder if they'll even add more red/green mage cavalry because of how broken the mounted mages are. Are there any characters who fit a red/green cavalry mage in the series? I guess FE8 Selena?

Red - Azel

Blue - Olson

Green - Arthur

51 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is why I’m fine with all three and their places in the plot. They are fixed characters with variable appearances, and their involvement makes sense in-universe. Usually.

Krises being a cavalier and a peg knight would also fit their “knights of Altea” thing of the 7th Platoon. Cav Kris and peg Kris, IS. Do it now!

Maria should have had “No protesting!” as one of her quotes in Heroes.

I used both on my recent FE7 playthrough, and obviously I got them to A. I dropped Guy for Harken and never regretted my choice. Isadora displaced Sain who didn’t do too hot either.

Yeah, necessarily making any pair of characters hook up by the fourth conversation is uncannily limiting. By taking forced romance out of the equation you can explore their actual relations and character traits beyond the gimmicks.

I have some issues with them personally, but I certainly don't think they're as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. I like all of their designs, at least.

That would've been a perfect map quote. I would've had so much fun with that...

Maria: "Come on!"

Michalis: "Don't push me!"

Maria: "No protesting!"

Michalis: "Very well..."

I should really write down or save somewhere my final chapter teams. I constantly forget who I use. 

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

a better Midia

u wanna start a fite mate

I think I chose not to use her because I read that she was pretty poor gameplay-wise, so that makes sense. As for Harken, I mostly just didn't get him because I got Karel instead, because at the time I recognized him from Awakening.

45 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Peri is played closer to the literal meaning of childlike and psychopathic in Heroes. Many don’t like her “Iiiiit’s time!” selection quote, but it makes me smile every time I hear it.

That's the only line of Peri's that I like, and I don't understand why so many people dislike it. It's just such a well read line that I can't help but love it.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

That's probably my favorite line of hers in Heroes. The ones where you move her on the map and her crit quotes are fine for me. I'm not a fan of her voice in the other lines, though. I really liked her voice in Fates, so I'm not keen on the change overall. 

Everybody trashes her Fates voice, but I wanted my crusts cut off. 

To mention an opposite case, I like the Heroes voice for Camilla a lot more than her original Fates dub. Misty Lee does a great job with her, in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

I re-rolled since I really wanted Selena and because my first file, like with any first files in any game, has some screw ups like I didn't do full summons because I didn't know doing them would cost 20 orbs. So, re-rolling netted me a Selena and somehow lead to summoning Raven for the first time ever.

Hinoka really is a myth. I don't remember summoning her while re-rolling and Takumi appeared before her while being an off-focus summon. Minerva would have been a myth for me, but she decided to drop by as a freebie summon on the Flier Boosts Skills banner. Katarina, Lilina, and Sanaki, however... Lies. All of them. They are not playable units for me; they're only enemies. Illusions wearing the faces of cute red mages.

Some people don't like that Selena/Severa is a tsundere as tsunderes are considered annoying to some. I think it's humorous and I find the sincere parts of her endearing.

First off, Ayra's a beast of her own where if you dropped her defense by 5, so her stats were 41/33/37/26/21, she would still be a powerhouse primarily because of Ayra's Blade and Regnal Astra on top of her good default kit. So, comparing Ayra, a unit with 163 BST whose stats are of the high offense type of units, but with more physical bulk, with a hypothetical Edward, a regular 157-ish unit, isn't fair to him at all. If Ayra had that stat spread, then Edward would be more bulkier than her, especially physically, but she would run circles around him offensively because of Ayra's Blade and Regnal Astra.

As for offenses, I'm going off of his base stats in RD. With 7 attack and 12 speed, but 60% growths in each, his attack should end up being lower than speed. Not substantially, but enough where his 12 base speed ending up higher than his attack makes sense. In regards to speed, 37 speed is more of Ayra (before Ayra's Blade), Caeda (both), Felicia, summer Gaius, Lyn, Navarre, and Setsuna's tier where it's really good, but Anna and Athena (38) and Lon'qu (39) are still on a slightly higher level than them.

I'd say power creep mainly because of the additional effect you gave Caladbolg.

Hide contents

Dual effect legendary and personal weapons aren't uncommon, but those skills make it a 19 Mt Wo Dao+ where Wo Dao+ caps at 13 Mt. With 35 neutral attack, he'd have 54 total attack before buffs or any attack boosting skill. For an unmerged sword infantry to have the same total attack as him while wielding a Wo Dao+, they would need 41 base attack which only +Atk Chrom comes close to having with 40 attack, but he'd have 53/25 offenses to a neutral Edward's 54/36. And for Sonya, the only other unit with a Wo Dao effect on her legendary tome, she caps at 50 attack: +Atk gives her 36 attack and Dark Excalibur has 14 Mt, and she'd also be slower than Edward with 31 speed. She's a mage, but still.

35/36 offenses makes him Hana*, but with Lucina's physical bulk, something Hana does not have, and an effective 19 Mt legendary weapon. In terms of the Wo Dao+ users, Karel, but with 5 more neutral attack on top of a legendary Wo Dao that has +3 attack built-in for 3 less health. I'm not sure how accurate of a representation this would be, but assuming 25 average defense and if Edward had Moonbow and activated it, 25 defense becomes 18, 54 attack becomes 64 with the Wo Dao effect, so he'd deal 46 damage which is likely to kill anyone. At Wrath's range, he'd an additional 10 more damage, so 56 which is definitely going to kill. An extreme case of if someone had 35 defense, it would become 25 after Moonbow, so 39 damage normally or 49 with Wrath.

And speaking of Wo Dao, Edward with that Caladbolg would have effectively killed Karla, Mia, and Marisa assuming Shamshir shares the same effect as Wo Dao or they give her a Wo Dao instead of giving her Shamshir, before they even make it into the game. All of them use Wo Dao or Wo Dao-like weapons, but Edward would have a 19 Mt Wo Dao and stats, especially attack and speed, to make great use of. Does not help that all of them are more like typical myrmidons who are fast, but have average to low attack.

There's also the issue of stacking active attack effects on a weapon where the user has 35/36 offenses. Most of the units who have legendary or personal weapons and ~70 total neutral offenses tend to have more defensive effects or miscellaneous effects like Linde's built-in Breath of Life 2. The only units with legendary or personal weapons that boost their attack are Alfonse, Eliwood, BH Roy, and Valter. Alfonse needs to be half dead and he has 35/25 offenses, Eliwood needs to initiate for Durandal's built-in Death Blow 2 to work, he's physically frail, and has 31/30 offenses, and Valter gets a passive +2 Atk/Spd and -1 special cooldown, but he takes 4 damage after combat and he has 32/31 offenses. BH Roy is the only one without much of a drawback and you could write this off as him being a second place CYL winner. Regardless, he still needs to have higher attack for Blazing Durandal's Heavy Blade to work which sometimes might not be the case even though he effectively has 35 base attack with Blazing Durandal's +3 attack, especially in infernal difficulties of BHBs and GHBs or whatever lunatic maps with inflated stats. Similar deal with Ayra, but for speed instead. With that Caladbolg, Edward would not have to care about if his attack is higher or not. He would always have the benefit of having 3 more attack and the ability to add 10 more damage by activating a special where only Guard would be a check to that part. He does not have to worry about if his attack or speed is higher, what health he is at, if he's initiating or not, how much health he has so recoil doesn't drop him too low, or anything like if he needs to be in position to buff or help his allies like Delthea, Linde, and BH Lucina would need to think about or who he's attacking like Lucina or anyone with effective against weapons.

* I mentioned this in my previous post where Hana, Legion, and Linde have +71 total offenses; Hana and Linde share 35/36 offenses while Legion has 36/35 offenses.

All this being said, is this technically power creep because of the +3 Attack? In actuality I wanted to go with Atk/Spd +2 but that felt even more busted. Ff we were to subtract that, he's still doing 35-45 damage to everything (35 Defense standard) with CB+Wrath Moonbow and even more. At that point is this still power creep, or is he simply a top notch unit? I can't think of any Sword unit that's been added to the game since I've been playing that wasn't more or less exceptional. The only exception being Saber. Even Lloyd is a fantastic mage killer, he just needs DC.

Edited by Zeo

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm a bit surprised they didn't have Sacred Coins in the quest batch for November.  I wonder if we can expect to see a road map for November.  It was nice having those for August and September.

In related news, when are we getting Xander and Camus GHB reruns? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Glaceon Mage

Imyc9qx.png?1

I S Supported Ike and Soren.

When are we going to get Valbar so Leon can get his S Support?

Well, you answered your own question.  It'll be in 3,000 years.

In actuality I'm expecting November or December.