• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@DefaultBeep: I think I used the brownest possible hair and the least anime face. If it’s not Vaximillian, it’s Vanessa. I like the name Vanessa.

I’m thinking about Heavy Blade on Mickey too, but with Ignis. He would need a Hone to stay in a safe zone with that 50 Atk of his, however, and Hinoka is a myth.

Barst is underlooked, easily. Reposition overshadows his prowess.

Same for my man Lu, I probably wrap his character in my own experience of being the eldest, and so act biased towards him. When I eventually play SoV, I’ll make sure to go through the supports in detail. I love well-written and multi-dimensional stuff.

Shanna calling Thea by name already means Thea’s canon at the very least, haha. I wonder when we are getting FE6 (and 7, and 13 and 14 too) characters next. Hopefully, the next batches are Thracia, Radiant Dawn, and Genealogy Gen 2, but after that, all bets are off.

I also started a Florina/Ninian support my last FE7 playthrough but didn’t finish it. The Ilians must stick together, right?

I mostly want Vanessa because of the name, and I also want her to join with Forde, with whom I ship her. And I want Syrene because of her being Vanessa’s sister and because of her design. That skirt might not be comfortable for riding, but she did tights on a peg knight before Heroes Palla.

I've created a blessed/cursed image. You can decide which one yourselves.

Spoiler

uufN604.png

In other news, would a +Def -Spd Leon be viable, or should I try for something else?

6 minutes ago, Sophie said:

That’s what I’m doing when I get Alm. Faye has been waiting for him for a long, long while.

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm a bit surprised they didn't have Sacred Coins in the quest batch for November.  I wonder if we can expect to see a road map for November.  It was nice having those for August and September.

In related news, when are we getting Xander and Camus GHB reruns? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Glaceon Mage

Imyc9qx.png?1

9 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Hide contents

uufN604.png

In other news, would a +Def -Spd Leon be viable, or should I try for something else?

I S Supported Ike and Soren.

When are we going to get Valbar so Leon can get his S Support?

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm a bit surprised they didn't have Sacred Coins in the quest batch for November.  I wonder if we can expect to see a road map for November.  It was nice having those for August and September.

In related news, when are we getting Xander and Camus GHB reruns? @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Glaceon Mage

At least were are hopefully getting Sacred Coins in the voting gauntlet.

I agree, I need some merge levels on my blonde horse riders.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well my dear friend, judging by the position of the sun and the moon, in addition to the day of the week, and the fact that t I haven't eaten dinner yet,

It seems like it's coming on the First of Neveruary

Right around the corner!

Camus infernal is going to be annoying

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@DefaultBeep: I think I used the brownest possible hair and the least anime face. If it’s not Vaximillian, it’s Vanessa. I like the name Vanessa.

I’m thinking about Heavy Blade on Mickey too, but with Ignis. He would need a Hone to stay in a safe zone with that 50 Atk of his, however, and Hinoka is a myth.

Same for my man Lu, I probably wrap his character in my own experience of being the eldest, and so act biased towards him. When I eventually play SoV, I’ll make sure to go through the supports in detail. I love well-written and multi-dimensional stuff.

Shanna calling Thea by name already means Thea’s canon at the very least, haha. I wonder when we are getting FE6 (and 7, and 13 and 14 too) characters next. Hopefully, the next batches are Thracia, Radiant Dawn, and Genealogy Gen 2, but after that, all bets are off.

I also started a Florina/Ninian support my last FE7 playthrough but didn’t finish it. The Ilians must stick together, right?

I mostly want Vanessa because of the name, and I also want her to join with Forde, with whom I ship her. And I want Syrene because of her being Vanessa’s sister and because of her design. That skirt might not be comfortable for riding, but she did tights on a peg knight before Heroes Palla.

Barst is definitely one unit I want to promote out of favouritism.

Still not sure if I should promote my +Atk one or +Spd one though, if I change his Brave Axe his Speed is actually okay

I think I used the brownest possible hair and the least anime face. If it’s not Vaximillian, it’s Vanessa. I like the name Vanessa.

That reminds me. New Mystery, for whatever reason, didn't let the avatar have black hair. That was a weird and annoying restriction.

Hopefully I'm not remembering their supports as more in-depth than they are, haha. I'd hate to talk about them so highly just for you to be disappointed. If there's one downside to the SoV supports, it's that they're all kinda short. They balance it out by being fully voice acted, at least, but they're still a bit light on content. Most are at least well written, though.

And Klein doesn't even mention her... Thanks for killing my feelings Heroes. Yeah, once they bring the representation for the other games back up, then I'd love to see those games get more representation in Heroes. I feel like they'll at least add in all the lords before February, so that they can all be present for the one year anniversary. After that though, then maybe we'll be back to getting non-game-specific banners again.

Ooo, it would be great if they brought a Thracia banner this month; my birthday is right at the end of this month, which means that I could splurge for Leif and anyone else that comes with him. Getting Altena would be a wonderful birthday present, as unlikely as it is (probably more likely on an FE4 Gen 2 banner, really).

I don't think I supported Ninian with anyone in my first playthrough; I didn't realize how quickly she'd be gone. I went with Eliwood/Ninian on my current one though, mostly for Sound Test completion (same with Hector/Lyn).

Wait, you're right, Palla didn't have tights before Heroes. I forgot about that. What a weird thing to add. Anyway, I hope someday, if they ever decide to go back to themed introduction banners, that we'll get a flier-dedicated banner. It would possibly be a nightmare to pull on it, depending on what weapons they gave each unit, but with how many fliers we're missing, it would be a nice way to get a bunch of them added quickly.

Barst is definitely one unit I want to promote out of favouritism.

Still not sure if I should promote my +Atk one or +Spd one though, if I change his Brave Axe his Speed is actually okay

@mcsilas: I know, right? Both Barst and Bartre are actually quite good units in their own right. Bartre is min-maxed as all hell, and Barst is versatile and buildable in several ways.

@DefaultBeep: Yeah, and too many shades of green and blue. Although, it is Fire Emblem we’re talking about here.

I watched an LP for SoV, but playing it myself would be a very different thing. I can try it on my own pace and try things the LPer wouldn’t do. But as an introduction LPs work well.

Hector doesn’t talk about Lilina, even though she talks about him. It would be interesting to see how they are going to do Thea’s unrequited love shtick in comparison to Catria’s and Cordelia’s (“I know, I shouldn’t feel his way about… him” and “SIGH… Oh, was I sighing again? I must work on that”).

Are the Krises included in the all-lords package? They aren’t a lord, but are still deuteragonists. Female Kris uses her cavalier/peg knight portrait in the CYL poll. Peg knight Kris, maybe? I’m doing a peg knight Kris next time for this reason.

Yeah, I doubt Altena is going to show up on the Thracia banner. She barely does anything in that game. My expected Thracia banner would be Leif, Finn, and Nanna if they keep their inferior 3-person format, and those three plus Linoan if they don’t. But our last non-seasonal staff was Mist way ago…

I supported Ninian with Eliwood straight away and will continue doing so every time. They just make too much sense. And I’m a sucker for canon relationships (except Alm×Celica for obvious reasons). Hector is with Farina in my headcanon.

Vanessa×Forde and Syrene×Kyle. Two sisters and two bros. I need it in Heroes too. Step aside, Binding Blade, I’m replaying Sacred Stones next. Also Reina the flying archer when?

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

As much as I like the Dawn Brigade, I don't want all the next Legendary weapons being CYL tier.  Having the Wo Doa effect is enough without going overboard.  I don't have a stat sheet handy, but I hope your BST is in line with standard infantry.

Younger siblings usually have it easier, but don't appreciate it until years later, if ever.

His BST is 158, same as Ikes. Before that his BST was 154 but I made the error of giving him 35/38 offenses (without weapon bonuses). I'm not a fan of power creeping units invalidating older ones, but let's be honest, they're going to keep doing it, and if so, you may as well plug what you like for your favorites. ATK +3 is just padding, he doesn't need it. He's hardly broken though. His weapon doesn't give a Slaying Edge effect so he's not like Neph and in order to make him a standard Desp swordie like other speedsters you have to forgo Wrath so he loses the +20 Damage bonus.\

Essentially, you can make him a risk taker with Wrath or you can just make him a slightly better Wo Dao+ user with Desperation. Hardly Ayra, or even power creep.

Edited by Zeo

23 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn and Lilina were my first two five-stars, and another Lyn was my third. They were exactly whom I wanted at the time, so I was immensely happy. Never had the thought of a possible reroll even showed up in vicinity of my mind.

Hinoka is a myth, a legend, a mystery of the emblem. So is Minerva, for that matter. They just don’t exist. I refuse to believe they exist anymore, because they don’t.
But Selena is great, how is your taste bad. I love the designs for the mercenary class in both Awakening and Fates, so that helps my appreciation of her.

I re-rolled since I really wanted Selena and because my first file, like with any first files in any game, has some screw ups like I didn't do full summons because I didn't know doing them would cost 20 orbs. So, re-rolling netted me a Selena and somehow lead to summoning Raven for the first time ever.

Hinoka really is a myth. I don't remember summoning her while re-rolling and Takumi appeared before her while being an off-focus summon. Minerva would have been a myth for me, but she decided to drop by as a freebie summon on the Flier Boosts Skills banner. Katarina, Lilina, and Sanaki, however... Lies. All of them. They are not playable units for me; they're only enemies. Illusions wearing the faces of cute red mages.

Some people don't like that Selena/Severa is a tsundere as tsunderes are considered annoying to some. I think it's humorous and I find the sincere parts of her endearing.

17 hours ago, Zeo said:

Most of this actually makes sense, but honestly rather than Lucina, he seems rather to be a squishier Ayra. Their offenses are identical, he has a few more points of health but she's got plenty more DEF and RES which basically makes her bulkier still. Edward's 60%/60% growths for strength and speed should reflect more equally in his stats in my personal opinion. He should remain squishy with decent health, but with the extra BST from the infantry (158) I'm going to re-evaluate him.

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20100903110252

Edward: Blade of Justice

44 HP / 35 ATK / 36 SPD / 24 DEF / 19 RES

Weapon: Caladbolg: 16 MT, +3 ATK, +10 Damage if special triggers.

Special: Night Sky > Astra

A Skill: Atk/Spd Bond 3 (Grants Atk/SPD+5 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.)

B Skill: Wrath 3 (If unit's HP ≤ 75%, Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn if Special triggers by attacking.
If Special triggers, +10 damage from Special.)

C Skill: Empty

As much as I'd love to bust Edward, he doesn't need Lon'Qu or even Athena tier speed. Edward's biggest issue in FE10 was that Hard mode removed the weapon triangle, he was squishy, and he had the potential to be screwed if he couldn't increase speed at a steady rate. But if given even the slightest chance to grow he hits incredibly hard and his stats should reflect that. There's no sword unit with 35/36 offenses so he's breaking new ground there, he doesn't need excess HP but I think lower 40's is fair for him. He's not the speediest of the swordsmen but he's reliably fast like Lucina and the hardest hitting behind Chrom.

With this set he's got +2 HP and +1 ATK but -1 DEF from Lucina. The buff from Caladbolg essentially gives him 38/36 offenses however and juiced by the Wo Dao+ effect and further increased by Wrath 3. Giving him +20 damage to his special on top of Chrom level attack power. Atk/Spd bond fills the role of a skill breaking new ground but you could always run LnD3 or SS2. This set essentially makes him the best Wo Dao+ user in the game, however, he has no particularly broken skills, no Distant Counter and has no bonus in BST and can't run Desperation unless you sacrifice Wrath. That and of course blues will still run him over. However, if a Desperation seal were to be implemented, you'd want to give it to him immediately.

Also no trenchcoat... as much as I like his Tier 2/3 look, his Tier 1 look is the most fitting, even if it's not as boss.

Now, honest opinion... how bad of power creep is this? Or is it power creep at all?

First off, Ayra's a beast of her own where if you dropped her defense by 5, so her stats were 41/33/37/26/21, she would still be a powerhouse primarily because of Ayra's Blade and Regnal Astra on top of her good default kit. So, comparing Ayra, a unit with 163 BST whose stats are of the high offense type of units, but with more physical bulk, with a hypothetical Edward, a regular 157-ish unit, isn't fair to him at all. If Ayra had that stat spread, then Edward would be more bulkier than her, especially physically, but she would run circles around him offensively because of Ayra's Blade and Regnal Astra.

As for offenses, I'm going off of his base stats in RD. With 7 attack and 12 speed, but 60% growths in each, his attack should end up being lower than speed. Not substantially, but enough where his 12 base speed ending up higher than his attack makes sense. In regards to speed, 37 speed is more of Ayra (before Ayra's Blade), Caeda (both), Felicia, summer Gaius, Lyn, Navarre, and Setsuna's tier where it's really good, but Anna and Athena (38) and Lon'qu (39) are still on a slightly higher level than them.

I'd say power creep mainly because of the additional effect you gave Caladbolg.

Spoiler

Dual effect legendary and personal weapons aren't uncommon, but those skills make it a 19 Mt Wo Dao+ where Wo Dao+ caps at 13 Mt. With 35 neutral attack, he'd have 54 total attack before buffs or any attack boosting skill. For an unmerged sword infantry to have the same total attack as him while wielding a Wo Dao+, they would need 41 base attack which only +Atk Chrom comes close to having with 40 attack, but he'd have 53/25 offenses to a neutral Edward's 54/36. And for Sonya, the only other unit with a Wo Dao effect on her legendary tome, she caps at 50 attack: +Atk gives her 36 attack and Dark Excalibur has 14 Mt, and she'd also be slower than Edward with 31 speed. She's a mage, but still.

35/36 offenses makes him Hana*, but with Lucina's physical bulk, something Hana does not have, and an effective 19 Mt legendary weapon. In terms of the Wo Dao+ users, Karel, but with 5 more neutral attack on top of a legendary Wo Dao that has +3 attack built-in for 3 less health. I'm not sure how accurate of a representation this would be, but assuming 25 average defense and if Edward had Moonbow and activated it, 25 defense becomes 18, 54 attack becomes 64 with the Wo Dao effect, so he'd deal 46 damage which is likely to kill anyone. At Wrath's range, he'd an additional 10 more damage, so 56 which is definitely going to kill. An extreme case of if someone had 35 defense, it would become 25 after Moonbow, so 39 damage normally or 49 with Wrath.

And speaking of Wo Dao, Edward with that Caladbolg would have effectively killed Karla, Mia, and Marisa assuming Shamshir shares the same effect as Wo Dao or they give her a Wo Dao instead of giving her Shamshir, before they even make it into the game. All of them use Wo Dao or Wo Dao-like weapons, but Edward would have a 19 Mt Wo Dao and stats, especially attack and speed, to make great use of. Does not help that all of them are more like typical myrmidons who are fast, but have average to low attack.

There's also the issue of stacking active attack effects on a weapon where the user has 35/36 offenses. Most of the units who have legendary or personal weapons and ~70 total neutral offenses tend to have more defensive effects or miscellaneous effects like Linde's built-in Breath of Life 2. The only units with legendary or personal weapons that boost their attack are Alfonse, Eliwood, BH Roy, and Valter. Alfonse needs to be half dead and he has 35/25 offenses, Eliwood needs to initiate for Durandal's built-in Death Blow 2 to work, he's physically frail, and has 31/30 offenses, and Valter gets a passive +2 Atk/Spd and -1 special cooldown, but he takes 4 damage after combat and he has 32/31 offenses. BH Roy is the only one without much of a drawback and you could write this off as him being a second place CYL winner. Regardless, he still needs to have higher attack for Blazing Durandal's Heavy Blade to work which sometimes might not be the case even though he effectively has 35 base attack with Blazing Durandal's +3 attack, especially in infernal difficulties of BHBs and GHBs or whatever lunatic maps with inflated stats. Similar deal with Ayra, but for speed instead. With that Caladbolg, Edward would not have to care about if his attack is higher or not. He would always have the benefit of having 3 more attack and the ability to add 10 more damage by activating a special where only Guard would be a check to that part. He does not have to worry about if his attack or speed is higher, what health he is at, if he's initiating or not, how much health he has so recoil doesn't drop him too low, or anything like if he needs to be in position to buff or help his allies like Delthea, Linde, and BH Lucina would need to think about or who he's attacking like Lucina or anyone with effective against weapons.

* I mentioned this in my previous post where Hana, Legion, and Linde have +71 total offenses; Hana and Linde share 35/36 offenses while Legion has 36/35 offenses.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

His BST is 158, same as Ikes. Before that his BST was 154 but I made the error of giving him 35/38 offenses (without weapon bonuses). I'm not a fan of power creeping units invalidating older ones, but let's be honest, they're going to keep doing it, and if so, you may as well plug what you like for your favorites. ATK +3 is just padding, he doesn't need it. He's hardly broken though. His weapon doesn't give a Slaying Edge effect so he's not like Neph and in order to make him a standard Desp swordie like other speedsters you have to forgo Wrath so he loses the +20 Damage bonus.\

Essentially, you can make him a risk taker with Wrath or you can just make him a slightly better Wo Dao+ user with Desperation. Hardly Ayra, or even power creep.

Take away the +3 from his weapon, and I'm A-Okay with it.  I like Nolan, but don't expect him to get the same treatment as Ayra, and if everybody is going to get that, it's just going to accelerate power creep.  Ike and Lyn are among my favorite units, and I didn't like it when they got the arbitrary +5 BST and OP as all heck weapons.  They should stay as the pinnacle of power creep, not be the new standard,

@Kaden: Rerolling for your favourites is admirable. I can respect that.

I don’t have Takumi either. Nor do I have Ryoma. Elusive royals sure are elusive. And Linde. She keeps evading me too.

Speaking of Minerva, I decided to try for her right now:

88cMp7R.png

…nevermind. Going to open a random grey then and retreat back to my corner to cry…

4MqoRk4.png

The gacha knows.

With me getting Katarina yesterday, Leo is now the only red mage I’ve never got. Eventually I’m setting up a picture of them all on the same screen in my castle!

Tsundere character type is mostly overdone now, isn’t it? Still it’s enjoyable when it’s done well, and I think Severa/Selena does a tsundere right.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, and too many shades of green and blue. Although, it is Fire Emblem we’re talking about here.

I watched an LP for SoV, but playing it myself would be a very different thing. I can try it on my own pace and try things the LPer wouldn’t do. But as an introduction LPs work well.

Hector doesn’t talk about Lilina, even though she talks about him. It would be interesting to see how they are going to do Thea’s unrequited love shtick in comparison to Catria’s and Cordelia’s (“I know, I shouldn’t feel his way about… him” and “SIGH… Oh, was I sighing again? I must work on that”).

Are the Krises included in the all-lords package? They aren’t a lord, but are still deuteragonists. Female Kris uses her cavalier/peg knight portrait in the CYL poll. Peg knight Kris, maybe? I’m doing a peg knight Kris next time for this reason.

Yeah, I doubt Altena is going to show up on the Thracia banner. She barely does anything in that game. My expected Thracia banner would be Leif, Finn, and Nanna if they keep their inferior 3-person format, and those three plus Linoan if they don’t. But our last non-seasonal staff was Mist way ago…

I supported Ninian with Eliwood straight away and will continue doing so every time. They just make too much sense. And I’m a sucker for canon relationships (except Alm×Celica for obvious reasons). Hector is with Farina in my headcanon.

Vanessa×Forde and Syrene×Kyle. Two sisters and two bros. I need it in Heroes too. Step aside, Binding Blade, I’m replaying Sacred Stones next. Also Reina the flying archer when?

Haha, I suppose that's true. Although to their credit, only one game has an avatar with a default color of blue. That's at least somewhat impressive to me.

I still need to finish watching an LP of SoV that I started watching a little while ago. It's fun to watch other people go through FE games, but it can also be... frustrating sometimes.

I really wish that there were more characters with dialogue mentioning the other characters. And are there any other fliers that have that kind of gimmick? It would be a fun thing to base a team around, although it would likely be very, very unbalance with blue lance users.

Nah, the only avatar that I would really consider to be a lord is Corrin. Kris and Robin are definitely main characters (well, Kris is at least very present in the dialogue), but not quite lords in my eyes. Although they could still certainly be added regardless; my impossible hope is that we'll get one Kris for every single combination of customization options. Kris alone could take up over half of the entire Heroes cast!

The only thing that makes me hope otherwise is that she is Leif's sister. That said, Mareeta could also act as his "sister" for a more Thracia-specific banner, even if it means two swords. I would be very happy to get either one of them, so I wouldn't be too upset about them sharing a color. It just feels kinda weird for Altena to be added in a banner separate from Leif, I guess. But Leif, Finn, and Nanna sounds solid. Really, after remembering that the Thracia Cipher art exists, I would be happy to get any of the cast in Heroes, if just to see even more recent artwork of the characters.

I went with Eliwood/Lyn first, largely because I had assumed they were the canon couple at the time. I have since learned otherwise. Otherwise, I haven't seen any of the FE7 lords' other supports yet. I agree though, I like the majority of the canon couples in FE (I linked this just one paragraph ago but dang it it's too cute). Elice still needs to be added in Heroes. And Samson. And Astram and Midia. And Julian and Lena. Archanea had a lot of official couples. Hooray for no supports?

Considering FE8 was my first FE, I didn't get very many pairings there. The only supports I remember getting at all were Ephraim and Myrrh's, Innes and Joshua's, and Amelia's and Duessel's. I should reread those someday. I'd be happy to get Reina if just for a new unit type, and she's one of the very few canon bow fliers that can be added.

@DefaultBeep The Fianna militia is actually considered siblings by the game's narrative. Which is why Nanna x Leif had such a strong incest vibe on it

Also yeah Saias and Marcus is the only mentioned character i remember, mentioned by Reinhardt and Brave Roy

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'd be happy to get Reina if just for a new unit type, and she's one of the very few canon bow fliers that can be added.

That and I do love some bloodthirsty old women warriors. Quite refreshing since I don't see that too often.

There are only two units that I want, Tormod and Rath. Don't think either of them are going to be a high priority, and I'm not looking forward to pulling Tormod out of the red pool. (Or Rath out of the colorless.)

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

There are only two units that I want, Tormod and Rath. Don't think either of them are going to be a high priority, and I'm not looking forward to pulling Tormod out of the red pool. (Or Rath out of the colorless.)

I hope we get RD Tormod. I like his design better in that game if only he had better availability