Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

35 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tharja/Rhajat OTP isn’t happening yet though.

I may or may not have done this in your honor / stead. Too bad it likely won't progress any further than that since I'm kinda shitty about working on supports in this game.

JnNPkOO.png?1

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I salute you.

I also just C’d Stahl with Nowi because of that one Awkward Zombie issue.

I also have Cordelia C'd with Alfonse as a cruel joke.

Explanation if needed:

Spoiler

Aflonse is essentially dollar store Chrom, and since Cordelia apparently isn't good enough for Chrom......

I can't tell Julia and Sophia apart so I may as well pair them up - they complement each other's roles well anyway. I also have trouble with mixing up Abel and Roderick (despite knowing full well their hair is different) but unfortunately they're the same type.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I can't tell Julia and Sophia apart so I may as well pair them up - they complement each other's roles well anyway. I also have trouble with mixing up Abel and Roderick (despite knowing full well their hair is different) but unfortunately they're the same type.

I paired up Abel and Cain for the classic duo.

Unfortunately I have no Luke so Roderick is by himself for now.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I also just C’d Stahl with Nowi because of that one Awkward Zombie issue.

It's okay, she just LOOKS like a 11 year old girl wearing less clothing than The Vaike and even her own daughter.

Besides, they'll just have wholesome conversations about birds or something, no reason to panic.

Also you are a War Cleric now. Yes you.

Edited by Xenomata

22 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@Ice Dragon, is it known if there is easier to pull Gray or an off-focus 5*? I'm interested in Zanbato (and in Gray, but more in Zanbato), and I'm going to snipe red anyway, but just for knowing

It is 1.01 times more likely to pull an off-banner 5-star red unit than it is to pull Gray. (When pulling only red at base rate, 3.39% chance to pull Gray, 3.42% chance to pull a 5-star that isn't Gray.)

In other words, unless you're doing a few ten or hundreds of thousands of pulls, any difference you see between the number of Grays and the number of other 5-star red units is purely the result of statistical variance due to a small sample size (in layman's terms, "luck") and not due to the fact that it was statistically slightly more likely.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Did my first two pulls of 2018.

I went with red because Gray would be nice and I have no love of Rhajat.

...3 * Selena. Oh well, Reposition fodder :)

Next one was someone I definitely didn't need - so much so, I can't even remember who. I remember that they are 3* and have no skills I have any desperate need of.

Leaving this banner for now, since my luck has been weird of late, and I want to see what the next new banner is. I'm not desperate for Gray, have enough 4* Mathilda to last me a lifetime, and while I would like more green mages, I'm never going to deliberately pull for Tharja or her clones.

25 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Hey, did they change Aether animation ? I don't remember the unit having like a shadowing effect as they jump on his foe during the special...

There's an afterimage effect on Legendary Heroes and units that have blessings when landing the blow that kills an opponent.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's an afterimage effect on Legendary Heroes and units that have blessings when landing the blow that kills an opponent.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for the response.

All right, convince me not to do this in the future: +Def, -Res Bartre with Fortress Def 3, Ignis, and a defense forged Slaying Hammer+ (or any axe really, but Slaying Hammer is cheap). His B and C-skill I'll figure out later and his assist will probably be Swap or Reposition when needed.

This boils down to Bartre has stupid HP and good defense, so why not make him a stupid physical wall with stupid HP? +Def, -Res Bartre's stats with those skills would have 54 HP, 47 Atk, 25 Spd, 45 Def, and 10 Res.

It's not as good as what +Def Beruka, Dorcas, BH Ike, Frederick, and summer Xander can achieve in raw defense where I do have a +Def, -HP summer Xander with a defense forged Lilith Floatie, but whatever and his main advantage would be his obscene HP letting him use Panic Ploy very well and Infantry Pulse if that was more easy to get.

Bartre's attack is high enough where I'm comfortable having him take a -3 attack penalty from using Fortress Def which I would consider with a +Def Frederick if I wanted to make him into a physical wall and I kind of do. Sure, Steady Stance and Steady Breath are better, but those skills are still rare considering they're locked to 5*-only summons and the Black Knight. Even then, having +5 defense at all times is nice, but that's just me and my preferences.

He's probably not going to be used outside of PvE content, so I'm not worried if this is optimal for arena, but it would be neat to use a dumb build for a PvE map and see it work. Brave Axe Bartre would be a cool reference to his Binding Blade appearance. The reason why I'm not considering Brave Axe even though I do have a +Atk, -HP Bartre and that they're probably going to be available for forging eventually is that Barst, Cherche, Frederick, Legion, Raven, and summer Tiki exist. Cherche and Frederick have easy access to attack buffs from cavalry and flier buffs and their movement types give them more flexibility while Barst, Legion, Raven, and summer Tiki have high(er) offenses and Barst and Raven have Brave Axe by default. It doesn't mean that Bartre's a bad user of Brave Axe. It's just, I don't know, maybe he can do something different which is something that makes me want to build Frederick as more of a tank than as offensive unit knowing that eventually, we're going to get someone with stats like Cain or Luke as an axe cavalier and +Def Frederick's 39 defense is pretty tasty.

In a nutshell: I'm bored, I have too many units, and I have almost 300k feathers.

Edited by Kaden

I can only do two damage so it appears we are trapped in an eternal battle....
image.png.2417006f6790f1e33930f0aab1ca8dd5.png

and he's just standing there with that dumb smile mocking me, I hate Azama so much now...
Image result for flames on the sides of my face

Edited by Pandog

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My quest for a +10 Cecilia has now begun in earnest:
Screenshot_20180105-133809.png

Excellent choice! She'll be hitting +10 in no time! 39 Spd with Darting Blow will be pretty nice once you get there.

I think the daily rewards glitched on me...I recieved them normally and then went to do all the quests without accepting them because it would be cool to get a ton of rewards at once. Well, when I went to recieve them Feh was there again with the daily log in rewards and when I clicked accept it didn't change a thing so it's not like I recieved extra goodies...weird.

@DefaultBeep Nice profile pic bulli.