General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Selena, Beruka, Boey, and Mae. Good picks. The only of those units I ever really count on is Selena as Surtr counter number 4-ish. Can never have enough of those, so I'd like if she kept the armor slaying. Boey and Mae are pretty much bottom of the barrel for their respective classes so they could use the help. Beruka just needs to keep the slaying effect and I'm sure she'll be useable as her usual tank role.

Selena I could see getting a Wo Dao effect to go with Armor slaying. Besides slapping her with +10 Atk, it's about the only way she'll be able to fix her otherwise poor Atk...

Considering the original Beruka's Axe was basically a Killer Axe with lower effective spd, she's more or less gonna have the Killer effect. Whether the special refine will be worth it is the question...

As for the other two... they're getting Owltomes. Katarina got a Prf Owltome, Soren and Raigh got Owltome refines, clearly they like giving Owltome to mages. But what will they get for the special refine...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Selena I could see getting a Wo Dao effect to go with Armor slaying. Besides slapping her with +10 Atk, it's about the only way she'll be able to fix her otherwise poor Atk...

Hear me out on this since it's a little crazy: quad effectiveness. All movement types, x1.5 damage. 😛

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Selena is a unit that I can totally see getting the same special treatment as Niles and get 3 full effects on her weapon.

Maybe something like Slaying Wo Dao Armorslayer with a Close Stance refine.

Other people's favorites here are getting refines, and here I am still with nothing for Frederick... Sigh...

Well, anyway, good to see Boey and Mae get them though. Boey NEEDS built in CC, IS. He's got the stats for it, he'd totally use it really well. With Close Counter + Quick Reposte, he'd be great.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Other people's favorites here are getting refines, and here I am still with nothing for Frederick... Sigh...

Well, anyway, good to see Boey and Mae get them though. Boey NEEDS built in CC, IS. He's got the stats for it, he'd totally use it really well. With Close Counter + Quick Reposte, he'd be great.

Don't worry Ana. I was pessimistic too seeing the retainers of Xander and Leo take priority and Beruka being left in the dust, but with patience my turn eventually came. Even if Frederick is so unlucky that he gets the "honor" to be the last gen 1 unit to get a refine, only a few gen 1 units remain so you will have to wait until the end of the year at most.

And Frederick is a rare unit type as a horse axe which means when his time will come he will be very unique and relevant. 🙂

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Don't worry Ana. I was pessimistic too seeing the retainers of Xander and Leo take priority and Beruka being left in the dust, but with patience my turn eventually came. Even if Frederick is so unlucky that he gets the "honor" to be the last gen 1 unit to get a refine, only a few gen 1 units remain so you will have to wait until the end of the year at most.

And Frederick is a rare unit type as a horse axe which means when his time will come he will be very unique and relevant. 🙂

Yeah, I can understand that feeling. But if anyone gets unlucky enough to be last, shouldn't it be Arthur? lol He's KNOWN for bad luck! XD

Anyway, joking aside, I don't want to have to wait until the end of the year, but if I do, oh well. At least if it's December, I can consider it a Christmas present! And yeah, Frederick being a rarer unit type would make his refine stand out. I still want it to be his Armored Axe from Warriors with a cool skill built in like Sturdy Stance or Quick Reposte or maybe even a brave effect. No matter what it is, even if I have to change my Frederick's build and IVs to fit it, I want that Armored Axe. XD Built-in Sturdy Stance would make it an axe version of Lukas's weapon too, especially if it also has the slaying effect since Daybreak Lance also has that.

Slaying effect + Sturdy Stance/Quick Reposte/Distant Counter/brave effect/anything cool like that plz!

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least your favourite units are in the game. Some people do not even have that. 😉

Though it does not bother me that much. Being added later does have the added benefit of having higher BST, chance of better skills and stuff like that. though I would prefer that Zihark and Jill would be the demotes of a banner that feature them when they get added. I'd rather be able to get them as 4* units, and give them exclusive skills from 5 star units. Getting 11 5* locked 

characters is quite the investment.

Regarding the refines, I am curious since new and unique roles is fun for the game state, but these units won't be on my Project List regardless. 

Oh, Mae is getting a refine good.  She was my first 5* blue mage so she helped me a fair bit in my first year.  Now if Jakob would get a refine next month I will be happy.

Edited by EricaofRenais

6 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

At least your favourite units are in the game. Some people do not even have that.

True, though a few of my favs still aren't in either, actually (Kieran, Marcia, Sain...).

6 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Though it does not bother me that much. Being added later does have the added benefit of having higher BST, chance of better skills and stuff like that. though I would prefer that Zihark and Jill would be the demotes of a banner that feature them when they get added. I'd rather be able to get them as 4* units, and give them exclusive skills from 5 star units. Getting 11 5* locked  

characters is quite the investment.

This is a good point though. However, given that some of the characters I'd like are males, I don't have much hope of them being really good. IS refuses to treat the men the same way they do the women because if you haven't noticed, most of the time only the females get the good skills, full skillsets, and weapons and men just get something eh and only two out of an ABC set. So while Marcia I can have some hope of getting a great kit, I can't say the same for Kieran and Sain.

They didn't even give Claude and Dimitri full sets and they're part of the new Three Houses reps! Only the women, Edelgard and female Byleth got full sets, as usual. 😕 I really hate this practice and wish IS would fucking stop it because I feel it's sexist, but I've sent feedback on this before and nothing's changed. I guess not enough people did.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

At least your favourite units are in the game. Some people do not even have that. 😉

Tfw you are a Jill/Rinkah/Python/Nils/Binding Blade/Thracia fan. 🙂

Guess I'll theorycraft

Selena
Selena's Blade
: Effective against armored units. If foe uses sword, lance, axe, dragonstone, or beast damage, neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.
Refinement: At the start of turn 1, grants special cooldown count-1 to unit and unit's support partner (if any).

Beruka
Beruka's Axe
: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Neutralizes "effective against fliers" bonuses.
Refinement: Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 50%

Mae
Book of Orchids
: During combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res boosted by number of adjacent allies x 2. Disables foe's skills that "calculate damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.
Refinement: At start of combat, if unit's Res ≥ foe's Res+3, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat.

Boey
Inscribed Tome: Grants weapon-triangle advantage against colorless foes, and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on colorless foes during combat. Neutralizes status effects and disables skills that prevent counterattacks during combat.
Refinement: If foe initiates combat, grants Def+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge +1 per attack.

Not sure if @Ottservia will agree with me but since Selena's blade isn't anything special in Fates, IS will probably take inspiration from her personal skill "Fierce Rival" for her weapon refine.

And I wouldn't be surprise if would give her bonus stats or a special bonus when paired-up with an ally or a support partner.

Would also be a callback to Awakening where working together as two is essential.

So after playing around in my head once again there's theorycrafting that's biased toward my own personal interest. Obligatory @Ice Dragon @XRay and @Hilda @LordFrigid tags to keep me grounded. If Staves ever get a refine then since we're sticking mostly to Gen 1 weapon's original abilities I'd like this for our big mouthed cleric. Since refinements are for Wrathful or Dazzling we can assume the prfs would be unrefinable. But it doesn't really matter. 

• Serra: Outspoken Cleric: 
  • Countess Staff: Mt: 12, Effect: Restores HP = 75% of damage dealt. After combat, restores 10 HP to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit.

Serra's own personal Absorb+ staff. Complete with a 5 MT jump, 25% increase to vamprism and a 10 point heal to both Serra and her allies after combat weather or not she attacks. This type of build boasts moderate offensive potential, Serra's ATK is kind of bad, but as an Absorb staff the full 14 MT from a personal tome isn't something she'd get. However, because of that and her pitiful bulk the 75% vamprism effect isn't exactly busted on her like it would be on say, Veronica.

On the other hand, her survivability goes through the roof and she becomes as annoying in FEH as she is in her native game. After each round of combat she survives both she and her allies recover 10 HP and with a combination like Fortress DEF/RES, Mystic Boost, Miracle and one of the two Fortress Skills in the seal slot slot she can become extremely irritating to oneshot while recovering 16 HP per each round of combat.

This also allows her to utilize Close Counter more effectively and use offensive skills like Push skills with virtually no penalty essentially making ATK/SPD push Swift Sparrow 2.5. Now, she wouldn't necessarily get a prf Absorb staff on the principle that Lachesis could get one instead, still this was a fun theorycraft and somewhat realistic glimpse into the future of eventual prfs on staff units.

Now rip me to shreds. 

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Nanima @Landmaster 

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Obligatory @Ice Dragon @XRay and @Hilda @LordFrigid tags to keep me grounded.

I like the fancy overpowered stuff, so I am not sure I am the person to go to nerf something.

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Countess Staff: Mt: 12, Effect: Restores HP = 75% of damage dealt. After combat, restores 10 HP to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit.

14 Mt is fine. Loki's Thökk is 14 Mt and has Wrathful Staff effect.

Personally, I think 75% HP recovery still is not enough. I would go for 100% of damage dealt due to how crazy hard units can hit these days. Serra also cannot learn a damage Special anyways limiting her damage output, so giving her super Sol on each attack is pretty reasonable in my opinion.

@Zeo With unrefinable you mean that even as Prfs they'll still get access to the Wrathful/Dazzling effect or that they'll get nothing? If it's the former then it'll be ok, if it's the latter that's going to be too underpowered even with extra Mt, making the nosferatu effect useless. 

As you said Serra's Atk is low-ish so getting the full 14Mt treatment isn't going to make her broken or anything so it's fine if she gets the full power of a Prf staff. If we're being fair, Serra has higher bulk than Veronica, she seems bulkier due to the +8 stat difference her staff gives her, but her actual bulk is pathetic on both sides of the spectrum due to her low BST.

Being able to continously get 10 Hp back after every round of combat is the scary part, if you don't kill her in one round she'll just keep healing back which can lead to either: A) You die slowly by her supreme annoyance or B) The game reaches a stalemale where neither you nor the Serra can kill each other. I don't think IS will allow for something that has the potential of becoming a Funbro set (In competitive Pokemon, Funbro is a scummy tactic using a Block+Heal Pulse+Slack off+Recycle+Leppa berry Slowbro that doesn't allow anyone to die which leads to a game that can't be won nor lost unless someone forfeits). I would reduce the 10 Hp to 6 just like Mystic Boost does, 4 Hp may seem insignificant but it can really add up over time.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Now rip me to shreds

Like @XRay wrote, I don't think it's too much for Serra. I really like the idea of boosting her vampire abilities to make her a very annoying CC unit. 

I think even adding wrathful effect wouldn't be too much. Perhaps we could limit the healing effect with a condition: "After combat, if allies within 2 spaces of unit, restores 10 HP to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit."

12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yep I feel ya. Still waiting on Rebecca here. *Sigh*
And YES Boey really could use CC, that'd be fantastic!

11 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

WHERE. IS. BROM?!

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yep I feel ya. Still waiting on Rebecca here. *Sigh*
And YES Boey really could use CC, that'd be fantastic!

I'd say she needs it even more than Frederick, actually. I'm glad Frederick's been able to put in work for me (he was the only reason I could tackle Hector abyssal by myself, being able to tank a bunch of shit right off the bat for me and even take ZERO damage from Hector himself), but if he can do even more work with a great prf and refine, I want that, man! He's my favorite besides Ike.

And totally, Boey has the perfect stats for a Close Counter weapon! I've wanted to give him CC from a Takumi, but Takumi's had few banners and all lately. He did just have one, but I currently have to save my orbs for more important things, like if the new mythic is Anima. And next month I'm predicting RD Ike and GD Ike to share the legendary banner and I want to merge them both.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

So after playing around in my head once again there's theorycrafting that's biased toward my own personal interest. Obligatory @Ice Dragon @XRay and @Hilda @LordFrigid tags to keep me grounded. If Staves ever get a refine then since we're sticking mostly to Gen 1 weapon's original abilities I'd like this for our big mouthed cleric. Since refinements are for Wrathful or Dazzling we can assume the prfs would be unrefinable. But it doesn't really matter. 

• Serra: Outspoken Cleric: 
  • Countess Staff: Mt: 12, Effect: Restores HP = 75% of damage dealt. After combat, restores 10 HP to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit.

Serra's own personal Absorb+ staff. Complete with a 5 MT jump, 25% increase to vamprism and a 10 point heal to both Serra and her allies after combat weather or not she attacks. This type of build boasts moderate offensive potential, Serra's ATK is kind of bad, but as an Absorb staff the full 14 MT from a personal tome isn't something she'd get. However, because of that and her pitiful bulk the 75% vamprism effect isn't exactly busted on her like it would be on say, Veronica.

On the other hand, her survivability goes through the roof and she becomes as annoying in FEH as she is in her native game. After each round of combat she survives both she and her allies recover 10 HP and with a combination like Fortress DEF/RES, Mystic Boost, Miracle and one of the two Fortress Skills in the seal slot slot she can become extremely irritating to oneshot while recovering 16 HP per each round of combat.

This also allows her to utilize Close Counter more effectively and use offensive skills like Push skills with virtually no penalty essentially making ATK/SPD push Swift Sparrow 2.5. Now, she wouldn't necessarily get a prf Absorb staff on the principle that Lachesis could get one instead, still this was a fun theorycraft and somewhat realistic glimpse into the future of eventual prfs on staff units.

Now rip me to shreds. 

Ah another reminder that IS refuses to give Elise Staves prfs.

Anyway, seems fine to me. I'd say she can go up to 14 MT but I can see why you'd go for 12 since Absorb itself is known for it's lower MT. It would make her nigh unkillable with Mystic Boost and with BOL or even double BOL, would also make her Allies just as annoying~ Lu Bu would have a field day with something like this~

I wonder if Prf Staves would get inbuilt Wrazzle or Dazzle seeing as the only two Legendary Staves we currently have themselves have one or the other. I could certainly see it.