Rate the Unit: Day LIX

Shin

Rules(Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

-Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning. Especially if your score is radically different to everyone else!

-Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10",etc.

-Personality /Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

-Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

-Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

-Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00BST!Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

FirstGeneration

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude :4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf : 6.40

Aideen:6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin(FirstGeneration): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

SecondGeneration

Asaello: 2.19

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Faval: 4.65

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tinny: 5.00

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Janne: 6.29

Lakche: 6.35

Linda: 6.38

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Sety: 8.69

Fee: 8.86

Laylea: 9.42

Leen: 9.45

Leaf: 9.45

Aless: 9.47

Celice: 9.54

Sety beat Arthur!

Hawk

Now, he's pretty much Sety without inheritance. However, that's a good thing and his event nets him more magic. He'd fit in with non-subs, in a world of subs, he truly shines. Other than being a foot unit, there's not much wrong with him.

8/10

Edited by Parco Folgore

MUAHAHA SETY BEAT ARTHUR. :awesome:

Hawk is probably your best sub, not counting Laylea. His non-SPD growths are pretty bad, but his base MAG is pretty good, so it's all okay. And he can still use Lightning and B Staves. And he's got Pursuit and Continue, so his combat's still quite good, especially compared to the rest of the subs, and unlike Mana, can afford to sling around Staves like Silence and Warp, because he can do well in the Arena. But again, a foot unit and kind of late. 8/10

Hawk is a Sage. Sages are good in this game. He doesn't have Sety's broken inheritance, but when you're Sety, even having no inheritance isn't a bad thing.

8/10

LVIV? Dr. Shin, it should be LIX. Can you not count?

ANYWAY

hawk is a bro

so

Hawk is a Sage. Sages are good in this game. He doesn't have Sety's broken inheritance, but when you're Sety, even having no inheritance isn't a bad thing.

8.5/10

modified a little because his combat sorta matters

LVIV? Dr. Shin, it should be LIX. Can you not count?

Uh... I don't know what you're talking about.

Well Hawk is pretty much Sety without the bias or the inheritance. He's probably your most useful sub barring the dancer. His only flaw is that he is a footie. But he's pretty amazing for a sub.

8.5/10

everything i said about sety applies to hawk pretty much

only difference is that hawk will have neither S staves (ie no rescue) nor S wind (who needs that overkill offense anyway) - in other words it's like a .5 difference (and i'm not even counting that because on all subs he's more useful).

and then he gets a +1 bias because he showed up instead of sety on my sfdtt run

8/10

and then he gets a +1 bias because he showed up instead of sety on my sfdtt run

I'd think that Hawk showing up instead of Sety in SFDTT would make you give him a -1 bias point, since you drafted and paired Fury.

i'm mad at sety because he stole my reserve staff!

Lol, I see. So you're not mad at Hawk for showing up instead of Sety, but at Sety for stealing your stuff.

Hawk is great and you'll appreciate a unit with B-staves, good 1~2 combat, and high res in a couple of situations very much. You therefore end up Warping Hawk around to patch his footie movement, and unlike non-subs you have much more restricted possibilities for using other characters to do Sagey jobs. Hawk is significantly more important to all-subs than Sety is to vanilla because of that.

7.5/10

Hawk is as useful to a subs run as Sety is to a non-subs run. Which is to say, while Hawk is only equivalent to a lesser Sety in absolute terms, in relative terms his great bases and class beat the everliving snot out of most of the subs you'll have to work with. He has 23 SPD, tying Shanan's base; Shanan ain't slow, even if he will get faster than Hawk over time due to growths, so that's good (plus Lightning isn't heavy). He has 22 base MAG, which again isn't bad at all; Julia/Linda/Amid may eventually exceed it, but Julia disappears and Linda/Amid don't have as good a class as Hawk.

Skill-wise, he "just" has Pursuit as a personal skill, but he also gets Continue from Sage so he's very similar to Levin!Sety when not using Holsety. Granted, "not using Holsety" is a nasty thing, but in an all-subs run you never have Holsety so that cannot be held against Hawk. And Lightning is pretty good by itself, to say nothing of the various other tomes Hawk could employ if he wanted to. Throw Staves into the mix and he makes an excellent replacement healer or supplemental guy or status staff user. It's nice.

So I'm going to give him the same score as Sety. Because subs runs are pretty desperate and you appreciate Hawk even if you're leaning almost exclusively on Celice/Oifaye/Shanan/Aless.

9/10