Rate the Unit: Day LX

Shin

Rules(Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

-Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning. Especially if your score is radically different to everyone else!

-Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10",etc.

-Personality /Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

-Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

-Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

-Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00BST!Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude :4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf : 6.40

Aideen:6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin(FirstGeneration): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Asaello: 2.19

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Faval: 4.65

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tinny: 5.00

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Janne: 6.29

Lakche: 6.35

Linda: 6.38

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Hawk: 8.20

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Sety: 8.69

Fee: 8.86

Laylea: 9.42

Leen: 9.45

Leaf: 9.45

Aless: 9.47

Celice: 9.54

Hawk did well!

Corple

Corple comes late and underleveled... oh and he can't fight. Things aren't looking good. However, he's a great staffbot, since he has A-rank staves before promotion. All he needs is his father to pass down the return ring and something to sell and he's gold. It's actually possible to recruit him without losing turns, something that isn't possible with his fat-faced counterpart, but that's not important. Even in an efficient run, he can staff spam his way to promotion, and he helps a lot in a ranked run.

He can sorta fight too, since Blaggi gives him passable magic regardless of his father. Claude turns him into a staffbot, but guys like Azel or Alec let him fight. Levin!Corple is possible, but unlikely to be done.

6/10 - +1 of bias for defeating Horace in SFDT, and having great hair.

He comes very late, is under levelled, doesn't have a horse, and can't fight until promotion. He can be useful as a staff bot though, but with Rana, Sety, and Leaf, I rarely find the motivation to train the kid... I've gotten him promoted several times, and he can actually fight then. But that takes effort and I already have other staff bots who should be promoted by chapter 9. He's the best candidate for the Valkiere though IMO.

3/10

I'd see him as more useful in a draft setting than a full on gameplay, since you have access to every staffer in regular gameplay but your staffers are very limited in drafting.

Since he'll take a while until promotion unless you go Lex + Warpspam, he'd likely take a while to promote. That means 5 move. On a staffbot that's not too bad since Libro exists and due to minor Blaggi he'll always have A staves from the getgo, but in that aspect he's still outclassed by your other staffers who either have massive availability, movement, combat, or any combination of the above on him. He can contribute to the team, at least, but until promotion he'll suffer the same issues as Rana did aka "what are staff money" except about 3 chapters later. That's not cool. He can be a rescuestaffer if you really lack one, though (drafts, and in normal plays idk somehow didn't train Leaf or didn't promote Rana?) so that's pretty useful, at least. Levin!Corple also means he can fling Holsety around after promotion, though Holsety is far more likely to be on either Arthur or Sety instead.

4/10 + .5 (for providing me with the means of making extremely overkill Balmung Lakches. What, I like Lakche and I like overkill.)

4.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Comes late and at level 1 too. Normally I don't really care about movement but his is extra crap. Good thing he has Libro or other staffs depending on the father. I personally think Lex is best choice for father due to having the elite skill. He can use a staff which is nice but by the time you get him everyone else can too. He's a possible Valkyrie(however you spell it) staff user but, I refuse to let people die so whocares if he has it. I guess he could use Holsety but that only after class change. In short he's just another healer. In the words of Harry Chapin "Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

3/10

Mine always ends up with the Reserve staff since he has Claude for a father and Libro, so he never takes long to level up. You can sell his Valkyrie staff, too, for some good starting money--it's not like you'll ever need it. Good staffspammer, and it's not like you have to make painstaking efforts to train him.

5.5/10

Corpul

is so much more lame than sharlow

But honestly, he starts with A staves regardless of parent, giving him access to every staff in the game that we care about. He's not really top priority for any of them though.

3 - 1 because shin is giving -1 to Sharlow who is much more ELITE

= 2/10

I can't really rank him or Sharlow or Hannibal because I don't know/remember whether you can save turns by seizing Hannibal's castle on turn 2 of Chapter 9 instead of rescuing Charploe.

Hannibal dies if you do that.

I can't really rank him or Sharlow or Hannibal because I don't know/remember whether you can save turns by seizing Hannibal's castle on turn 2 of Chapter 9 instead of rescuing Charploe.

It's possible to recruit Corple and Hannibal without losing turns. All Corple needs is the Return ring and a little dancing from Leen. Sharlow might be a little harder and requires either warping or returning.

Hannibal dies if you do that.

I don't think we'll run out of footies sitting around doing nothing for the rest of the game without his contribution

I guess you can probably lure Hannibal over towards the first castle so a Return'd Corple can talk to him in just a turn or two without needing to waste dances. In that case they're all free turns-wise and I'd give Corple a rank as a generic obsolete lategame Fire Emblem unit they give you just in case you got all your staffers killed. There's nothing wrong with a free Libra staff anyway.

5/10

It's possible to recruit Corple and Hannibal without losing turns. All Corple needs is the Return ring and a little dancing from Leen. Sharlow might be a little harder and requires either warping or returning.

You can complete C9 in most optimal turncounts while recruiting Sharlow/Corple and Hannibal, if you have three staffers and the moxie for it.

EDIT: You only need two to get Corple if he has a Return Ring, if you want to maintain optimal turncount.

Edited by Integrity

rescue!Sety can be the lone staffer as well, so theoretically you can recruit Sharlow if Lana or Sety inherited the rescue staff with only one staffer. And thank god Sleeping!Hannibal can talk.

rescue!Sety can be the lone staffer as well, so theoretically you can recruit Sharlow if Lana or Sety inherited the rescue staff with only one staffer. And thank god Sleeping!Hannibal can talk.

I guess you could, yeah. It would ...yeah, I can see how that would work. I need to try this now.

You can complete C9 in most optimal turncounts while recruiting Sharlow/Corple and Hannibal, if you have three staffers and the moxie for it.

EDIT: You only need two to get Corple if he has a Return Ring, if you want to maintain optimal turncount.

Why three? Just thinking about it you'd use the Return ring or Return Nanna on Corple, then aside from using the Rescue staff (which if it was inherited should be on Leaf by Chapter 9 which would make the chapter go several turns faster and give Corple less time to get back to Hannibal) I don't see how another staffer would speed things up. You can't Warp Corple anywhere relevant at that point...

Edit - Is the idea that you Warp a footie Return staff user to Corple's castle? I was thinking Nanna would just be one of your four dance units.

Edited by slootwindow

Why three?

To Warp Leen up to Corple Castle, because her Dance saves Celice a turn en route to the southmost one.

EDIT: For relevant to Corple/Sharlow, you only need the Leenwarper if Corple has a Return Ring. Sharlow won't be able to buy a Return Ring so you have to Warp a Returner to him and then Warp Laylea down for Celice.

Edited by Integrity