Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I have a +spd -res Alm (first pull on his tempest banner), and he was followed shortly by a +spd -atk Faye. Clair joined me at some point (+atk -spd, though) while Celica refuses to show her face.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

The Echoes guys seem to elude me. At least I have Mathilda and Mae, and then Celica and Delthea on my second account.

Also aaarrgh why does my main account have such poor luck. Almost 5% on CYL, I had 100 orbs now down to 30. At this point I just want ANY 5 star :(

Meanwhile, my other account gets a -Spd/+HP Leo for CYL and a -Atk/+Spd Ninian from Mini-TT, with orbs to spare! I'm glad I got both of those though!

My Navarre and Henry are now 5* :D

Currently training them up, along with a random 4* Arthur and the freebie Ephraim I pulled not so long back, who I've decided has a better boon/bane than my current one. Once he gets to a high enough level, I'll merge the existing Ephraim in, but since I use him a lot in Squad Assault, I don't want to merge just yet ^.^

43 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Here’s to hoping that ranged attackers (especially tome users) can get it. Because come on, the Tordos are this still!

Wrath Sonya/Karel/Athena when?

Elincia is a big slap to those who built a brave Palla. Like, I don't know what to say.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Here’s to hoping that ranged attackers (especially tome users) can get it. Because come on, the Tordos are this still!

It's not going to be as scary for defense teams I guess, though it makes Savage Blow even worse than it was lmao.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Elincia is a big slap to those who built a brave Palla. Like, I don't know what to say.

Brave Palla is a big slap to those who built her. I can't imagine what would possess someone to do that other than a love for Palla or a compulsion to force a red flier into a role that those two characters aren't really suited for.

1 hour ago, a bear said:

Brave Palla is a big slap to those who built her. I can't imagine what would possess someone to do that other than a love for Palla or a compulsion to force a red flier into a role that those two characters aren't really suited for.

Well it doesn't require a lot of favoritism because we've gotten a lot of feathers, meaning people can be creative with them. I can imagine those who only have Palla and couldn't get a Caeda (or won't bother on 5☆ her 4☆ version) and decided to build a brave one.

I currently have 37K and don't know what to do with them. I've been wondering on 5☆ing Seliph with Defiant Atk and Threaten Def, but I'm waiting if I get any other units.

1 hour ago, a bear said:

I do not see anything wrong with giving Palla a Brave Sword build. Palla's only other build is her Ruby Sword/Triangle Adept build.

4 hours ago, Quintessence said:

With how important she is in the Tellius games, Elincia was going to get into this game sooner or later. Those who went ahead and made a Brave Sword Palla should've had the foresight to realize this and that Elincia would almost certainly bring Amiti with her.

Though if you're just talking about how Amiti is straight up better than Brave Sword+ then, yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

With how important she is in the Tellius games, Elincia was going to get into this game sooner or later. Those who went ahead and made a Brave Sword Palla should've had the foresight to realize this and that Elincia would almost certainly bring Amiti with her.

Though if you're just talking about how Amiti is straight up better than Brave Sword+ then, yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah, my biggest concern is, asides a slight stat difference with Palla/Caeda, how overpowered Amiti is in comparison to Brave Sword+. A +4MT is something I can dig in (because it's like killer vs slaying) but -2 Sp? That's simply ridiculous because with buffs or Sp seal the spd reduction is next to non existant.

My other issue with her is her setup, the pack that describes her. PoR Elincia has a docile and gentle nature (pokemon pun @JSND Alter Dragon Boner), don't like fights, has a more supportive spirit which doesn't match with Death Blow at all, as it makes allusion of a more aggressive character. If anything, imo, PoR Elincia had to be a staff flier because of how caring she is, and leave Amiti to her RD version, a queen that hasn't lost her kindness but has grown up a lot more and has more determination and bravery. Her inclusion to me is more related as a tactical inclusion (for gameplay reasons) rather than a proper representation of the character itself. Like, is there a reason for a player to not have Elincia besides being F2P and being unlucky at not getting her?

11 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Full SI is an exageration. Shes a magical  girl Lon Qu if Lon Qu hits as hard as Effie

It's not an exaggeration. She has no assist skill, her special sucks, her C skill sucks and her A skill while good, needs to be swapped out to capitalize her offenses unless you're trying to make her an enemy phase unit which is weird for her type. She's a good unit but needs quite a bit of SI to shine. Nevermind that she really wants a +ATK or +SPD boon as well.

Don't know what I want to do with her. Fury would help her offense but it would do 11 damage so even Renewal wouldn't bring her back to full HP. Life and Death is a nice choice but that's 20k feathers... blegh. She might end up with a placeholder like Speed +3 for now.

Edited by Zeo

Well, hopefully my fishing for Elincia tomorrow will net me a not -Atk Seth and a -Spd+Def Sophia.  Too bad there's no Green Focus unit this time.  I still need that +Atk-Res (or-HP) Frederick.

After giving it a bit of thought, I'm starting to think that making Amiti have only a -2 speed penalty was a bad, bad idea. All personal weapons have greater might than non-personal weapons of that type, so they already have the advantage of hitting harder than most weapons. But the biggest drawback of brave weapons in this game is that they weigh the user down so much. -5 speed penalty is the difference between doubling someone naturally and not -- or more importantly, not getting doubled by someone and getting doubled.

Dire Thunder was the first personal brave weapon and it still had a -5 speed penalty. So I'm questioning what makes Amiti so special that it warranted only a -2 speed penalty. Reinhardt doesn't care about his speed, ever, but Dire Thunder having only a -2 speed penalty would've made Olwen happy since that is the main thing she has over her brother. So just ... I don't get this logic.

I don't know if there are any other personal brave weapons that haven't been added into the game yet, or if Amiti and Dire Thunder were the only two left. But either way ... I don't think it was a good call. Unless Elincia's speed sucks worse than Reinhardt's and she's just as slow as him even with only -2 speed penalty, but I don't think that's very likely at all.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

After giving it a bit of thought, I'm starting to think that making Amiti have only a -2 speed penalty was a bad, bad idea. All personal weapons have greater might than non-personal weapons of that type, so they already have the advantage of hitting harder than most weapons. But the biggest drawback of brave weapons in this game is that they weigh the user down so much. -5 speed penalty is the difference between doubling someone naturally and not -- or more importantly, not getting doubled by someone and getting doubled.

Dire Thunder was the first personal brave tome and it still had a -5 speed penalty. So I'm questioning what makes Amiti so special that it warranted only a -2 speed penalty. Reinhardt doesn't care about his speed, ever, but Dire Thunder having only a -2 speed penalty would've made Olwen happy since that is the main thing she has over her brother. So just ... I don't get this logic.

I don't know if there are any other personal brave weapons that haven't been added into the game yet, or if Amiti and Dire Thunder were the only two left. But either way ... I don't think it was a good call. Unless Elincia's speed sucks worse than Reinhardt's and she's just as slow as him even with only -2 speed penalty, but I don't think that's very likely at all.

Elincia won't be slow, she'll probably have 30~ Atk/spd/res and low hp and def. I don't know the reason behind making Amiti so strong, it sucks in PoR but its RD version is ridic. Welcome to Fire Emblem Heroes RD. Masteries when?

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

My other issue with her is her setup, the pack that describes her. PoR Elincia has a docile and gentle nature (pokemon pun @JSND Alter Dragon Boner), don't like fights, has a more supportive spirit which doesn't match with Death Blow at all, as it makes allusion of a more aggressive character. If anything, imo, PoR Elincia had to be a staff flier because of how caring she is, and leave Amiti to her RD version, a queen that hasn't lost her kindness but has grown up a lot more and has more determination and bravery. Her inclusion to me is more related as a tactical inclusion (for gameplay reasons) rather than a proper representation of the character itself. Like, is there a reason for a player to not have Elincia besides being F2P and being unlucky at not getting her?

Yeah, I agree that Death Blow doesn't match up with her at all thematically for pretty much the same reasons that you stated. After all, she had a skill literally called False Swipe Mercy in Radiant Dawn. It seems to me like they gave her Death Blow just to make her as ridiculous as possible right out of the box.

34 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Elincia won't be slow, she'll probably have 30~ Atk/spd/res and low hp and def. I don't know the reason behind making Amiti so strong, it sucks in PoR but its RD version is ridic. Welcome to Fire Emblem Heroes RD. Masteries when?

Yeah, Elincia was always fast but physically frail, which is why I think her having Reinhardt-like speed is highly unlikely, which makes the -2 speed penalty from Amiti even more ridiculous. Olwen does not approve.

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I agree that Death Blow doesn't match up with her at all thematically for pretty much the same reasons that you stated. After all, she had a skill literally called False Swipe Mercy in Radiant Dawn. It seems to me like they gave her Death Blow just to make her as ridiculous as possible right out of the box.

They sort of had that with Lyn getting Draconic Aura.  All the previous characters had a connection to dragons in some way, whereas Lyn just has it because reasons.

We'll have to see what Elincia's Atk and Spd are.  If they are both high, Amiti will be OP, but if either are low, Amiti will just make her serviceable.