@mcsilas That's some trancendent fortune there! Special Spiral fodder on top of a Rhajat with a W!Eirika to boot? Crazy awesome! Lillina is also a great recipent of SS, but Ophelia is probably your best bet, she's just dumb with it.

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Cute Chao @Usana @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rezzy

As for me, I'm going to cut to the chase, I ended up going through all 60 of my stashed orbs. I don't really regret it too much, was it worth it? Ehh, probably not but unlike usual I don't feel all that bad about it. Anyways, I went to the Winter's Envoy banner and lo and behold, 5 blue stones. Once upon a time all I wanted was a W!Robin for Brazen ATK/SPD for Lyn and he wouldn't come, these days he has little value at all for me and all these orbs show up.

Needless to say I wasn't interested so I just ended up pulling 2 of the 5 stones. But in the first?

Spoiler

on0OHsQ.png

OH, MY, GOD. SHE'S HERE. IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR BUT I FINALLY PULLED ONE OF HER. My first one ever and she's even +ATK/-RES! +SPD/-DEF Is obviously better, but considering who knows when I'll pull another one of her, I'll probably build this one up. After that, I'll wait for a +SPD copy and all others will be RES Tactic fodder. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and Matthew will show up behind her at some point soon before the year's end.

So, 4 orbs spent on Winter's Envoy, I kind of lowkey wanted a W!Tharja for RT Valor or a better W!Lissa to replace my -ATK one but that first circle was a clear sign to steer clear of this banner. So I moved on to the new Christmas one. Aside from some decent fodder nothing good came of the first pool of that one (3 red stones also so only 2 pulls). Colorless evaded me and so I was just going to pull the green and the 2 blues in there. I didn't expect anything so I didn't even wait to see if there was smoke. Green stone-

Spoiler

f8F1gF8.png

Um... ok. Wrong dragon. But yeah, It's Myrrh again. She's +DEF/-HP this time so I'm not sure if that's better than my Neutral one but +DEF is pretty nice and if I +1 her she'll get 1 ATK and 1 HP to patch up the bane somewhat so I may merge into this one since I'm not building a dragon emblem team so Hone Dragons isn't all that important to me.

That was as good of a sign as any to stop pulling, which I did at 39 orbs, but after seeing Silas luck I wanted to try my hand at Eirika. Went through the last 39 for a 3.50% rate and zilch which is a shame, but I did get a Sothe and Shanna(!) out of the deal for some much needed Desperation fodder. I'll actually have to do some real thinking to see who's going to get it. It's hard to have regrets due to that particular pull alone.

So yeah back at 0 but then factoring in...

• Orbs from Tempest (I only got 5 of them)
  • Orbs from Linus GHB
  • Orbs from Tap Battle and Quests
  • Orbs from new Paralogue and Quests
  • Orbs from Paralogue CC and Book 3 CC that I didn't finish
  • Orbs from Dailiy gifts
  • Orbs from Blessed Gardens this sunday.
  • Orbs from Squad Assault

I've collected none of the above, and that doesn't factor in the next Tempest, so I'll be fine for the legendary, assuming I even pull on it. I've got a nice stockpile waiting to be collected. I'll probably pull on the winter banner again later to break my rate. Though cautiously and not until a preview of the legendary, even if I miss out on the chance to grind SP on the tempest, but meh, I've got Lance and Staff Valor anyways. I'll be fine.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Nice Myrrh and fodder, especially Shanna!  If you look at my orb distribution sheet here (it's also in my sig), you'll notice that after today there's 87 orbs available, plus 68 (!!) today alone from TT, the new paralogue and CC among others.  And you still have the Book II CC, Squad Assault, etc. to get orbs from from earlier this month.  So you definitely have plenty of time to decide, and that doesn't even include 80+ orbs from the first two days of January alone.  So you've got over 200+ orbs available these next two weeks alone.  I'm glad you're waiting it out.  Good luck pulling for W!Eirika if you decide to do so!

@Zeo Nice! That L'Arachel is the same nature as the one I have. I personally prefer +Atk on her since it's her better stat, but +Spd works too. And unless you plan on doing Ploys, I think -Res is mostly fine. She still has 31 Res, and Def is a superbane. She's already really paper Def wise.

I am kind of conflicted. I have pulled the units I wanted from the Christmas banner but problem is I am lacking in normal fodder (reposition, pivot, wary fighter and stuff like this) so should I spend orbs in any banner? If yes on which (a Christmas one is preferred as there are many good armor skills to fodder especially armor march from robin and fae to give Grima m)?

39 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am kind of conflicted. I have pulled the units I wanted from the Christmas banner but problem is I am lacking in normal fodder (reposition, pivot, wary fighter and stuff like this) so should I spend orbs in any banner? If yes on which (a Christmas one is preferred as there are many good armor skills to fodder especially armor march from robin and fae to give Grima m)?

well. if you need Fodder, and you want to be broken by armours, why not go w/Gifts of Winter. 
I don't know what Chrom/Lissa comes with, but you know if you get Faes, poof. armour march. 

The thing is - wouldn't it make more sense to wait to see what the NY banner is (and legendary)? what if you want something?

13 minutes ago, escotanner said:

I got a neutral Erika earlier today and just now, I got pitybroken by Azura. I already got her so I merged her.

ooh lucky. I'd love an OG Azura. 

39 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

If they're going to be built and then mostly rest on the bench besides TT use, I'd just wait for a banner you also want focus units from. If Armor march and stuff is still worth spending orbs to you too, then go ahead. Otherwise, I'd say wait and let the fodder come as you summon for focus units you want. Plus maybe wait to see what the NY and legendary banners have in case you'd rather summon on those.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas That's some trancendent fortune there! Special Spiral fodder on top of a Rhajat with a W!Eirika to boot? Crazy awesome! Lillina is also a great recipent of SS, but Ophelia is probably your best bet, she's just dumb with it.

As for me, I'm going to cut to the chase, I ended up going through all 60 of my stashed orbs. I don't really regret it too much, was it worth it? Ehh, probably not but unlike usual I don't feel all that bad about it. Anyways, I went to the Winter's Envoy banner and lo and behold, 5 blue stones. Once upon a time all I wanted was a W!Robin for Brazen ATK/SPD for Lyn and he wouldn't come, these days he has little value at all for me and all these orbs show up.

Needless to say I wasn't interested so I just ended up pulling 2 of the 5 stones. But in the first?

Hide contents

on0OHsQ.png

OH, MY, GOD. SHE'S HERE. IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR BUT I FINALLY PULLED ONE OF HER. My first one ever and she's even +ATK/-RES! +SPD/-DEF Is obviously better, but considering who knows when I'll pull another one of her, I'll probably build this one up. After that, I'll wait for a +SPD copy and all others will be RES Tactic fodder. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and Matthew will show up behind her at some point soon before the year's end.

So, 4 orbs spent on Winter's Envoy, I kind of lowkey wanted a W!Tharja for RT Valor or a better W!Lissa to replace my -ATK one but that first circle was a clear sign to steer clear of this banner. So I moved on to the new Christmas one. Aside from some decent fodder nothing good came of the first pool of that one (3 red stones also so only 2 pulls). Colorless evaded me and so I was just going to pull the green and the 2 blues in there. I didn't expect anything so I didn't even wait to see if there was smoke. Green stone-

Hide contents

f8F1gF8.png

Um... ok. Wrong dragon. But yeah, It's Myrrh again. She's +DEF/-HP this time so I'm not sure if that's better than my Neutral one but +DEF is pretty nice and if I +1 her she'll get 1 ATK and 1 HP to patch up the bane somewhat so I may merge into this one since I'm not building a dragon emblem team so Hone Dragons isn't all that important to me.

That was as good of a sign as any to stop pulling, which I did at 39 orbs, but after seeing Silas luck I wanted to try my hand at Eirika. Went through the last 39 for a 3.50% rate and zilch which is a shame, but I did get a Sothe and Shanna(!) out of the deal for some much needed Desperation fodder. I'll actually have to do some real thinking to see who's going to get it. It's hard to have regrets due to that particular pull alone.

• Orbs from Linus GHB
  • Orbs from Dailiy gifts

I've collected none of the above, and that doesn't factor in the next Tempest, so I'll be fine for the legendary, assuming I even pull on it. I've got a nice stockpile waiting to be collected. I'll probably pull on the winter banner again later to break my rate. Though cautiously and not until a preview of the legendary, even if I miss out on the chance to grind SP on the tempest, but meh, I've got Lance and Staff Valor anyways. I'll be fine.

Congrats on the Rachel.  Tome Cav are still very nice, in spite of the nerfs lately.

started with 102, ended with 19. Pulled a +spd/-res Christmas Fae. Would've been happier if she was +res/-spd, but I'm glad I got her at all. Would've also preferred one of the twins. Again, though, holiday dragons, so I'm ok.

@Landmaster congrats on your Grima and Julia! It’s so nice to get strong units like Grima and Julia’s Naga makes those darn bulky blue dragons into dust like nothing. Always good to have effective weapons.

@Zeo congrats on finally getting the Rachel, and with a strong boon as well! I should really be using mine more now that you mention it, have to upgrade the +Spd boon one sometime, but it does feel nice to have a blue horse mage that’s not as slow as Reinhardt.

also nice boon on Myrrh! Looks like it’s a very SS-themed pull!

also too bad about Eirika but Sothe and Shanna are good pulls, they feel so rare these days!

yeah i might go Ophelia, i am building a Lilina right now but i might give her Axebreaker for those darn Surtrs.

@Vaximillian that’s fair, hope you get Tharja soon! 

@daisy jane maybe hope for a Savage Blow banner? Or effective tome/weapon banner?

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@daisy jane maybe hope for a Savage Blow banner? Or effective tome/weapon banner?

that would be cool.  or a "Dark Nature" banner. 
I dunno.it's just a lot fo the focuses they do i'm like ehh (or it's just bad timing (sigh). but if she got a focus i'm going in. i need a Rahjat!

Damn green hell is hitting me like a truck. Only sniping on green I got:

Round 1: No greens. Got a 3* Cain, which I'll take cause I was still looking for Wings of Mercy fodder.
Round 2: No greens. Got a 5* Fallen Celica. Couldn't it have been the Brave version? :/ Oh well I didn't have her yet so yay for the collection, and more Chill Spd fodder is nice I guess.
Round 3: No greens. 4* Corrin mehhh
Round 4: ONE GREEN and it's regular Fae -_-
Round 5: No. Freaking. Greens. 4* Ogma MEHHHH
Round 6: Finally two greens. But trash in the form of 3* Arthur and 3* Gunter.
Round 7: Two greens but only had 5 orbs (I was getting desperate ok). Got a 4* Raven meh.
Round 8: One green wiiiith another regular Fae.
Round 9: Another sad one green. 4* Soren ugh.

Oh well it's only been 49 orbs I guess, but getting so little green orbs isn't helping things :/

Guess I can complete my +10 Fae now, though I'm gonna wait until I'm done with summoning on this banner to see if I find a +Atk, -Spd nature which is apparently ideal for her if she's +10 and runs the Aether/Steady Breath build. But if I don't find one this banner I'm just gonna go with my current +Atk, - HP one.

Edited by Mau

I was weak and couldn't resist pulling for Ephraim in the end. Got a stupid Hinoka pitybreaker and ran out of orbs. Built up a few more and went to a nearby Maccies for lunch yesterday. Only enough to risk one pull. One blue orb...

Ephraim!

I don't need him, but I love his art :D He's +HP -Def, so not the best, but not disastrous ^.^

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I was weak and couldn't resist pulling for Ephraim in the end. Got a stupid Hinoka pitybreaker and ran out of orbs. Built up a few more and went to a nearby Maccies for lunch yesterday. Only enough to risk one pull. One blue orb...

Ephraim!

I don't need him, but I love his art :D He's +HP -Def, so not the best, but not disastrous ^.^

YAY!
(i know his art is amazing.)

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Thanks. I am weak, but yes, he got me >.< 

Oh well, I have plenty of time to save up orbs for the token New Year seasonal male ^.^

LOL it's okay. honestly, if i didn't have many plans for my orbs, i'd probably have gone in for him. I'll wait for the Summer/his repeat. 

22 hours ago, Zeo said:

Reveal hidden contents

on0OHsQ.png

Hide contents

f8F1gF8.png

• Orbs from Linus GHB
  • Orbs from Dailiy gifts

Myrrh is always a great pull and she's got pretty good IVs, I'd go for the +Def over the Neutral myself~

17 hours ago, Mercakete said:

started with 102, ended with 19. Pulled a +spd/-res Christmas Fae. Would've been happier if she was +res/-spd, but I'm glad I got her at all. Would've also preferred one of the twins. Again, though, holiday dragons, so I'm ok.

Congrats! Not the best IV spread but Fae's Res is so huge, even a bane shouldn't hurt it that much~

10 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Ephraim!

Congrats on getting him, his art is so good, I'm jelly~

51 minutes ago, Mau said:

Sigh, three more summoning rounds got me:

• 3* Frederick
  • 4* Soren
  • No Greens, 4* Kaze

At 40k with TT now cause I'm so desperate for orbs, there goes my hope of still doing some TT with Fae :(

This banner's giving us no luck~ >_> The good news is this banner will last until the next TT which is plenty more Orbs but true she'll not be a bonus unit anymore by then so that sucks~

@Zeo Congrats on your L'Arachel. She's very fun to use with her default tome (I find her a bit slow-ish for the typical Blade tome build compared to Olwen/S!Catria) and can make great use of stuff like Darting Blow. The Myrrh is a nice bonus too, +Def is her best nature due to how it works with her Prf. 

- - -

For me...well...pity breaker No.1 showed it's face. It was A!Mikoto with a meh nature (+Hp -Res). Like, she's a healer and has decent bases at that but...ugh...RIP that 3.75% pity rate. At least I still have more than half of the TT orbs and the banners lasts for quite a bit so I'll keep trying to get W!Eirika.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@Zeo Congrats on your L'Arachel. She's very fun to use with her default tome (I find her a bit slow-ish for the typical Blade tome build compared to Olwen/S!Catria) and can make great use of stuff like Darting Blow. The Myrrh is a nice bonus too, +Def is her best nature due to how it works with her Prf. 

- - -

For me...well...pity breaker No.1 showed it's face. It was A!Mikoto with a meh nature (+Hp -Res). Like, she's a healer and has decent bases at that but...ugh...RIP that 3.75% pity rate. At least I still have more than half of the TT orbs and the banners lasts for quite a bit so I'll keep trying to get W!Eirika.

i cross my fingers for you :)

Another three summoning rounds today got me:

• 4* Sheena
  • 3* Nino
  • No greens, why am I even surprised anymore. 4* Palla from red meh

15 summoning rounds, 6 with no greens at all, 7 with only one green. This is getting ridiculous, summoning for green really shouldn't be so much more expensive than other colors :/