Rate the Unit, Day 59: Macellan

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

toms1.png

0/10

Remember this in the Shadow Dragon RTU For Macellan? Well... Yea... Same thing for this one... 0/10!

Averages:

Dolph: 1.00

Est: 1.25

Yubello: 1.52

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Abel: 2.81

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Athena: 3.70

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Tiki: 4.27

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Vergil (Belf): 5.42

Castor: 5.62

Jake: 6.01

Raiden: 6.20

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Sheeda: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Xane: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Edited by Folgore Purple

MACELLAN

I am convinced that Macellan is one of the most amazing characters in the game.

PROS

+ Mishelan_Tomth.png

+ Macellan has unmatched durability. That is to say, nothing you would ever deploy on his map is so good at cowering in a corner and crying whenever a stray hero looks at him funny.

+ Training Macellan saves several turns. This is because you will inevitably give up the entire game in frustration, and the rest of those chapters cannot be added to your turncount.

+ Macellan has the best claim on a Door Key of any of your units. This is largely because he cannot fight in any capacity.

+ Macellan shares the utility of Berserker Etzel from the last game in that his HP growth is 100%. This is an aesthetically pleasing number.

+ I cannot read Japanese, so for all I know he could literally be Arnold Schwarzenegger at his peak.

CONS

+ He isn't as hot as he used to be in the first game.

Overall, I'm going to have to give him a nice whole number, possibly slightly generous, at a solid 0/10.

This guy as bad as people say. Mac's base stats are truly horrible but his stat growths are great. Just look at his Average stats, almost everything is nearly maxed and even his res is good. If reclassed to sniper, he'll have an A in Bows.

4/10+1 bias = 5/10

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Athena: 3.70

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Tiki: 4.27

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Isn't a 4... just a BIT high? Jeorge destroys dragons for a bit, Robert's bases, unlike a certain Macellan, aren't awful, Malice is salvageable, Tiki's ... idk, but Warren can snipe wyverns, Ellerean's a half-decent mage on this difficulty and Caesar has ranks and alright bases. Darros and his pretty great bases for his jointime (I think slightly better than Macellan all the way back in chapter 12) is a high 3, as is Athena and her wholesale slaughter of the prologue... I'm not certain Macellan is worthy of this company.

EDIT: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe12/average/macellan.html http://www.serenesforest.net/fe12/average/darros.html

General isn't exactly his best class, but still, Darros isn't exactly much worse for a vastly better start far earlier.

Edited by Furetchen

His bases are terrible, and I don't want to see a growth unit this late, unless he can immediately self-improve. His best use. . .is to draw a Swarm. Really.

0.5/10

This guy as bad as people say. Mac's base stats are truly horrible but his stat growths are great. Just look at his Average stats, almost everything is nearly maxed and even his res is good. If reclassed to sniper, he'll have an A in Bows.

4/10+1 bias = 5/10

I'd like you to readjust the rating for this guy... Furet has a point once you see his explanations for the characters around the High 3's and Low 4's!

I'd like you to readjust the rating for this guy... Furet has a point once you see his explanations for the characters around the High 3's and Low 4's!

Come on man, Big Mac needs some love!

Look at all the people that are giving him bias point just because he opens a fucking door!

For gosh sakes, FE12 Dolph is getting higher ratings then FE12 Mac.

Macellan is pretty bad, but he's not as horrible as everyone is rating him.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Dude, they're both bad.

To the point where Mac is unreFUCKINGdeemable.

Edited by Colonel M

That's because he's a better unit. It really is that simple.

So your solution then is to grossly overrate him, thus getting your own vote rolled out? Yeah, you tell us how that works out for you.

Yeah, he's got solid growths. But how exactly is he going to get them when all of your 9 move units (Palla, Catria, Sheeda and Sirius) are rampaging the game to the end and back.

Basically worthless

0/10