Rate the Unit, Day 56: Est

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Athena: 3.70

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Tiki: 4.27

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Vergil (Belf): 5.42

Castor: 5.62

Jake: 6.01

Raiden: 6.20

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Sheeda: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Xane: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh look at me, I fly on a map with Arrowspate, Horsemen, and Snipers in great quantities! I've got amazing growths, but you'll rip your hair out trying to take advantage of them. Toodles~!"

1/10

She ACTUALLY joins a bit earlier in this game. Having access to Ridersbane from the get go can get her to get some experience from cavalries. Of course you will want to make her a different class upon class change. There are too many bow users in this game and having enough powerful fliers already upon her joining time to even consider keeping her in this class. She should be good in any other melee class. Of course she gets lower points for most people to not even bothering or caring to use her. But she should be okay with forges. But don't spend much on forges, since Hammerine is very limited in this game.

009x.gif

3/10

There's base arena and she joins earlier but shes still as horrible as they come. 2/10 -1 bias for being the ONLY pegknight i downright hate makes that 1/10.

There's base arena and she joins earlier but shes still as horrible as they come. 2/10 -1 bias for being the ONLY pegknight i downright hate makes that 1/10.

And I hate her because she tooled Abel.

And I hate her because she tooled Abel.

And why I usually gut him in the end.

Die bitch -5/10

Okay. A serious rating. Joins in chapter 15 at a pathetic level with pathetic bases. As far as prologue goes, Cain's a far superior choice so unless you're doing a girls only run or idk if you really like her or something she's likely not getting picked over Cain. Once she rejoins she's just bad. and I'm not actually going to trouble myself with actually pulling up numbers to describe her terribleness.

On top of that, she ditches poor Abel after all he has done to her as a good, caring, husband.

0/10 because I can't give out negatives, apparently.

1.5/10 pretty dumbshit unit but she's at least cheap to arena up and has prologue utility. That's more than what idiots like Dolph can do.

Personally I always got the impression that Est left Abel because she felt guilty about getting kidnapped and forcing him to fight (which is supported by her supports btw). So basically Est left Abel because she's an idiot, not because she's a spiteful bitch out to ruin his life.

Edited by Dark Sage

Huh. I always thought for some reason that she simply failed to realise Abel's infatuation with her. I still -1 bias dislike her, but hey, I'll take the word of people who've actually played FE3.

Personally I like to believe Palla and Catria drag Est back to Archanea after the events of FE2.

Lumi is completely right. Est is a stupid, dirty whore-bitch who doesn't deserve to be related to the goddess that is Catria and whatever is two steps above goddess in the form of Palla.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Est, Est, Est...Like what most have said, she's a pain in the rear end to train up and there are better units already trained up at this point. At least in SD, she was useful since she brought Mercurius but this? Honestly, even I can't stick up for her. She's lovely as a character and her age really shows when put beside mature Katua and ditsy Paola.

Perhaps her reasoning for leaving could be likened to something equally as childish? This isn't the first time she has acted rashly.

I'd give her 1 plus bias, making it 2/10. Someone has to cancel out all these negatives O_o

Lumi is completely right. Est is a stupid, dirty-whore bitch who doesn't deserve to be related to the goddess that is Catria and whatever is two steps above goddess in the form of Palla.

Where and when exactly does it say that she ditches him?

Because in the transcript in the SNES version it clearly says that she falls in love with him and staying by his side.

EDIT: Oh wait, I've mistaken. It says right here. Misread it for Book I. xP

Wayward knight Est

After the war she left Abel and vanished.

(Abel died)

Saddened by the loss of Abel, she vanished after the war.

Est. ;_;

Edited by アイネ

Where and when exactly does it say that she ditches him?

Because in the transcript in the SNES version it clearly says that she falls in love with him and staying by his side.

Wilful knight Est

After the war she fell in love with an Aritia knight and stayed by his side.

In her book 2 ending.

In her book 2 ending.

Maybe she really didn't love him.

Maybe she really didn't love him.

Oh, for crying out loud...

She got kidnapped. People tend to be traumatized and stuff through these things.

Victims already end up blaming themselves all the time but in her case it also lead to a civil war in Aritia that cost countless live and made the person she loved miserable by forcing him to fight against the king he was so deeply devoted for as well.

Even Marth was heavily guilt ridden afterwards and Est has all the more reason to feel responsible for it.

Edit: I'm sorry for the harsh language.

It just really upsets me that people throw so much dirt at someone who has plenty of reasons to suffer from PTSD or something and self-blame.

I mean, how likely is it that, after all the drama in Aritia, the implications about her leaving Abel in her ending are that she doesn't care about him?

Do you guys really think that all the stuff that happened didn't influence her in some way. That the developers simply choose an entirely random ending for the two out of a whim?

Edited by BrightBow

Oh, for crying out loud...

She got kidnapped. People tend to be traumatized and stuff through these things.

Victims already end up blaming themselves all the time but in her case it also lead to a civil war in Aritia that cost countless live and made the person she loved miserable by forcing him to fight against the king he was so deeply devoted for as well.

Even Marth was heavily guilt ridden afterwards and Est has all the more reason to feel responsible for it.

She's still a child.

She doesn't know better and she certainly isn't ready for marriage.

Not her fault. She's a hero that helped out Cellica's gang in the middlequel as well as in Marth's' first game. She shouldn't be hated because of love that lead to marriage that she wasn't ready for.

Do you guys really think that all the stuff that happened didn't influence her in some way. That the developers simply choose an entirely random ending for the two out of a whim?

Well...she might have been pissed off at herself for messing up that she vanished due to that reason. And let's not forget that she's still a child.

Edited by アイネ

She's still a child.

She doesn't know better and she certainly isn't ready for marriage.

Not her fault. She's a hero that helped out Cellica's gang in the middlequel as well as in Marth's' first game. She shouldn't be hated because of love that lead to marriage that she wasn't ready for.

Well...she might have been pissed off at herself for messing up that she vanished due to that reason. And let's not forget that she's still a child.

I haven't heard that she has an official age. Her age is at least not listed at this site at least. But as a soldier and veteran of three wars she can't be that young.

I also don't think you ever grow old enough to carry the deaths of a whole civil war at your shoulders. Which I think is more relevant since it's something that actually happened in the games and wouldn't make her ending entirely random.

Edited by BrightBow

I haven't heard that she has an official age. Her age is at least not listed at this site at least. But as a soldier and veteran of three wars she can't be that young.

I also don't think you ever grow old enough to carry the deaths of a whole civil war at your shoulders. Which I think is more relevant since it's something that actually happened in the games and wouldn't make her ending entirely random.

She is a rather reckless/careless and naive person. As she also got herself kidnapped in Fire Emblem Gaiden. (By Geese' army)

The only time she didn't get kidnapped, well...escaped was in Marth' first game. She got the Miracle Sword too. ^^ She left Abel, because she regrets herself for her naivety, recklessness, and that she is too young for marriage.

Edited by アイネ