Rate the Unit, Day 60: Astram

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Macellan: 0.41

Dolph: 1.00

Est: 1.25

Yubello: 1.52

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Abel: 2.81

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Beck: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Athena: 3.70

Horace: 3.78

Dice: 3.80

Cord: 3.83

Darros: 3.93

Jeorge: 4.10

Robert: 4.25

Maris: 4.25

Tiki: 4.27

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Vergil (Belf): 5.42

Castor: 5.62

Jake: 6.01

Raiden: 6.20

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Sheeda: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Xane: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Mercurius on a Horse is pretty sweet, and his bases are fairly nice as well (though some speed will be required). Growths are nice as well.

One of the better endgame fillers.

3/10

Wouldn't he be only a bit into B as a horseman or paladin?

Astram's pretty awful, just like the fact that the other prepromotes make him look good. His sword rank is really nice, though... or at least, it's something to set him apart from the other losers. This evens out to about a 2/10.

Mercurius might be cool and all, but 5 base Spd is not worth vomiting all over. I guess his combat is only passable in single-swing strikes... but come the fuck on! 18 Spd as a Swordmaster is pretty ass!

1/10.

No, I am not taking the time to get him out of his base Speed rut. The Heroes around him are stronger than he is!

2/10, and that's because Mercurius hurts, even if he's only hitting once

Astram the skillful Hero in Akanea well he doesnt have much competition.

Astram has A rank Swords ad D rank Axes so he can use any sword he wants from the mercurius and effective weaponry to hit hard to the Mastersword to attempt a critical. Also being able to use Forged Hand Axes to give him 2 range utility is nice.

In bases department he is uimpressive by FE:NM standarts when comparing to Horace astram barely beats him in HP and Str and is beaten in Skl, Spd, and Luck and his biggest advantage is Def which is nice and the higgest base def for now

In growths Astram has a lame 40% growth as a Hero very good HP and Str, growth so he will want not a couple but like 4 base arena levels as a swordmaster so we can fix that speed... that is a lot of money but we got a bullion in the chapter before so is afford-able

What sets astram from other prepromotes is that he uses Swords not lances which many great units use already or bows which can be used by anyone as a sniper, but that doesnt change the fact that there are still better sword units than him...

You will have a somewhat subpar unit for the rest of the game

4/10 + Bias 'cuz he is my favorite character 5/10 GO ASTRAM

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

So tell me Elliot - have you ever played H2, by any chance?

At this point, you're rating Astram higher than units like Wrys, who definitely can contribute more than Astram can.

His availability is lousy and his bases are quite bad. I suppose instant Mercurius access warrants him one point, which I'm subtracting with bias due to him being such a mindless tool suspecting Marth is evil in both Shadow Dragon (he explicitly states that in the Event Conversation "Heads Will Roll") and Mystery of the Emblem. 0/10

Edited by Randoman

It's H1 Colonel

But really he should probably get a 0 if we're rating on H2 I mean he's shit enough in H1 already. All he's got is a nice sword rank and like, nothing else. His stats are pretty ass, and it's not like that Sword A is really that special considering there's plenty of decent-to-good sword units earlygame that you can train up (or just let Sirius take a few swings at a sword and BAM double A rank), anyone reclassing to Swordmaster gets a C automatic (Wyrmslayer, Armourslayer, Killing Edge access /just by being in the class/), any female unit reclassed to swords gets access to a more cheaply forgable Silver Sword with more uses, that sword rank that late? Nothing special at all. It's worth 1 point at most and 1/10 he shall get from me.

Shit and worthless.

1/10

Kill em in chapter 9 for the early access Miracle Sword. Only too bad that those legendary weapons don't double your EXP (Giving Elite) like the SNES version does. Good luck killing him in the SNES version though. Since unlike the New Mystery version, he's smart enough to bring Snipers along with his Hero squadren making using fliers completely out of the question. Killing him is sooooooo much fun. Like Pigma's quote "I'm gonna bust you up REAL good". I would say that for Astram.

This was done on H1 by the way. =)

Edited by アイネ

I just gave him points for the things I like from him

The Sword and Axe rank

The nice defense base

Easy time with the base arena as well smart reclassing for arena and catching up

For a prepromote hits hard and will keep growing that strenght

and then the bias... although if you feel like is completely biased then go ahead a dont count the vote I just wanted to give a 5/10 score which he deserves in my book.

*exits

EDIT: I would also feel comfortable facing Astram with a swordslayer from wi-fi...

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

Okay look, he has 16 Spd as a Hero.

Darros had 15 Spd as a Berserker back in Chapter 12.

Darros was given a 4/10. Do you really think a unit that is almost infinitely superior to Astram should be ranked below him?

Okay look, he has 16 Spd as a Hero.

Darros had 15 Spd as a Berserker back in Chapter 12.

Darros was given a 4/10. Do you really think a unit that is almost infinitely superior to Astram should be ranked below him?

He is a good prepromote I would have ranked Darros a 6/10 but I gave Astram a 5/10 with bias and that 5/10 is from my understand is meadiocre but useable thing that astram is. Astram was given 4/10 doesnt qualifies in this topic because is just the USER RATINGS.

Anyway sadly my vote got thrown... I felt sad... dammit what is this a tear!!!.

and I dont think they are willing to change that even if I just lower my score to 4 wich I am doing now 4/10 and it just takes 8 rounds of combat with a sword as a paladin/horseman to get A rank Sword in these clases

EDIT: And with the 5/10 of before astram was getting a 1.7 average... I think he deserves to be higher than bantu

Edited by LeaderR Elliot