Four-Fanged Grand Hero Battle: Lloyd

SatsumaFSoysoy

I went to do the Lloyd quest on Lunatic and accidentally clicked on Infernal, I ended up pulling it off with:

Nino 5* (+Spd/-Atk, Fury 3, Desperation, Draconic Aura, +HP seal)

Azura 5* (+HP/-Res, Swordbreaker 3, Luna, +Spd seal)

Eirkia 5* (+Res/-Atk, L&D 2, WoM 3, Hone Speed 3, Rally Defense, Hone Res seal)

Lloyd 4*

Eirika Buffs Ninio who kills the axe infantry, Azura Dances Nino who uses Draw Back to get Azura out of range. Kite back: Lloyd ends up on the bottom left corner, Azura to his right and Nino to her right. Eirika sits above Nino behind the mountain. Azura tanks one hit from the mounted archer. From that point on people are pretty much just hitting what they can reach. Eirika and Nino chip down Lloyd into range for my Lloyd to one-shot. Hope this is helpful as I know my Nino set-up is similar to a lot of people's.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel terrible for saying I used a guide for most of the challenges for Lloyd. His artwork just bothers me in Heroes, so I can't really be bothered to try to do his maps on my own... I did manage to do it with Sharena though :D

Lloyd on Lloyd 3* "free" units (the player used a +Spd/-Def Palla though expects a neutral Palla to work just as well):

Lloyd on Lloyd. GHB units only. No dancers. Final Destination. Feat. lv. 10 4* Lloyd

Edited by Roflolxp54

• 6 months later...

@mcsilas @eclipse @Hilda @Johann @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Rezzy @Ginko

Not even a challenge. I forgot how easy this was. Essentially a Matt solo. I forgot to kill the boss with him so I went back and did it again, turned out I was just being lazy since it's 5AM. Anyways, next. 

Like I said before, let me know if you don't want to be tagged. I'll likely be doing this for all the GHB's unless things get too busy.

Edited by Zeo

39 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @eclipse @Hilda @Johann @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Rezzy @Ginko

Not even a challenge. I forgot how easy this was. Essentially a Matt solo. I forgot to kill the boss with him so I went back and did it again, turned out I was just being lazy since it's 5AM. Anyways, next. 

Like I said before, let me know if you don't want to be tagged. I'll likely be doing this for all the GHB's unless things get too busy.

Cool, I'm going to have to try to knock out the new quests when I get done with work today.

I don't know how hard they will all be, since it looks like we have to do them all on Infernal now.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Tagging is cool, don't worry. I have to watch the vid later, but I'm curious for the next Mattisode. 

So far I solved the armor quest with BK (Archer + Hammer on first EP), Tharja (Flier), Hector (Cav) and 4*+1 budget Effie (Lloyd + mage) in that order. 

Armor team: 

Spoiler

5* BK (neutral) vanilla + Swap, Ward Armor, QR3 seal

5* Hector (+ATK/-SPD) vanilla + Reposition, Ignis, QP seal

5* WE!Tharja (+HP/-ATK) vanilla + Swap, Glacies, Ward Armor, Close Def 3 seal

4*+1 Effie (+ATK/-HP) Brave Lance, DB2, Wary Fighter 3, Fortify Armor, Swap, Draconic Aura, Spur ATK 1 seal

Edit: Also the Flyer quest was no big deal (surprise)

Flier team: 

Spoiler

Cordelia, Elincia, Cherche & Airzura. 

Only important skills are Brave+/DB3/Galeforce/QP seal and Axe Breaker on Cherche (4*+10 +ATK). She kills the Hammer guy, procs Galeforce to move right, tanks both blue units on EP and kill both on following PP. Lloyd and the Flier are no big deal for Elincia and Cordelia. 

Edit: Horse team: 

Spoiler

BH!Roy, Elise, Reinhardt, Cecilia

Elise attacks the Hammer guy, slowing him down. Cecilia Reposition Elise out of the way, tanking/killing the Archer (no TA because of cancle affinity, Bowbreaker and Moonbow help). Reinhardt needs swordbreaker for Lloyd. BH!Roy kills the Flier and the mage. 

Edit: Infantry:

Spoiler

L!Ike, Genny, Nino, PA!Azura

Ike (QR seal) tanks and counter kills the Hammer and the Archer. Later also the flier. Azura tank/kills the Lance, Nino the rest. 

Edited by mampfoid
team

@Zeo Amazing as always. This map is a little bit easy comparing to Valter or Lyon.

Here is my S! Gaius run. I won't call it a solo because he is in the range of Spur and Drive. But it was fun to see that bowknight suicide at him.

I was kinda worried about these quests but it turned out I needn't have been, at least not for Lloyd. We've come a long way since the last run in terms of power. Died once trying to do the infantry quest with Dragon Emblem (without Myrrh's hone the dragons fall short of the damage thresholds, though to be fair I didn't bother with any seals). Didn't do the flier one because I have no room in my barracks for another Lloyd, I'll do that maybe when they do the next free barracks expansion.

All done with the same basic strategy, which is the same strategy used first time around and the same one people have recommended since the day he was added to the game. DC red unit baits and kills turn one, retreat while picking off pursuers. Turns out the unit selection is more forgiving than I expected and even regular Ike can tank it okay.

Horses: Xander, Camus, Cecilia, Bowlyn
Armour: BK, Effie, Hector, Amelia (BK is tough enough to take the hammer to the face)
Infantry: Ike, Ephraim, Nino, Bridelyn (Lloyd was kinda scary, taking my buffed -def Ephraim down to 4hp from full despite WTD. Also the only fight I bothered setting proper seals for.)

Edited by Humanoid

Did all the Lloyd quests last night - Armor Emblem in Infernal quest gave me the most trouble since I had to give Black Knight Vantage 3 so that he can survive and win against the bow cavalier and the axe fighter since he ends up getting into a lot of trouble even with full 6/6/6/6 buffs. (Black Knight, Effie, Winter Tharja, Amelia)

Flier Emblem was extremely easy (cleared on first try). (Summer Corrin, New Year Azura, Cherche, Elincia)

Infantry Emblem took a few tries if only because +2 LnD3 Brave Bow+ Bridelia needs Atk +3 seal on top of Hone Atk 3 buff to ensure KOs (since she cannot ORKO the bow cavalier without the seal). (Bride Cordelia, PA Azura, Azura, Olivia)

Horse Emblem was a little tricky because of how cramped the map is at the starting area (cleared on first try). (Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Xander, Clarine)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Hmm, my BK would have been receiving no hone but two goads, so I guess +8 vs +6 is the threshold for tanking the first turn. Looking at the stats now, the hammer bro has 37 speed so BK with +8 speed (base 34) gets exactly enough to double him. I suppose a seal could help there otherwise (I ran no seals at all on the team).

Armor emblem took a few tries, but was able to complete it with C!Robin, Black Knight, Arden, and C!Chrom.

Infantry too a few tries as well, with on of the strats used being the, “Use a DC red to start off” with me using regular Ike. The team was regular Robin, regular Ike, PA!Azura, and Julia

Horse was the easiest, with it taking one try that didn’t really count do it just being that I forgot to equip the speed+3 Seal to Bladethraa. Team was Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, and Bladethraa, and Eldigan, with Eldigan just drawing people back

Flier Emblem was just as easy as horse emblem, taking one to two tries. Team was Airzura, S!Corrin, S!Camilla, and H!Nowi

First thing I did before quests was beat it with Nowi and Witch Nowi.

For infantry I used Nowi, Fae, Young Tiki, Nino.  For cavalry Elise, Frederick, Abel, Xander.  For fliers Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Valter, Summer Corrin.  For armors Amelia, Black Knight, Effie, Henry.  

Edited by Nowi's Husband

So I didn't bother killing Lloyd with Lloyd in Infernal (Says the idiot who thought Lloyd had to kill Lloyd for the blessing), but I cleared the others fine (Barring Infantry, which took a bit.)

Flier Emblem: 5* +1 Elincia, 5* Witch!Nowi, Valter, Newzura (Witch!Nowi and Newzura have S rank)

Neutral Witch Nowi survives the archer with Iote's Shield, Drive Def 3 and her at least B-rank Ally next to her (Ward Flier might be able to emulate, though she had one HP when she was attacked). Learned that after she died the first time. Other than that one of the easier ones, though I did also screw up by leaving Airzura get lunged where I couldn't get her out. Elincia with boosts could 1-round axes, Witch!Nowi 1-rounded Lloyd because of all the boosts she had (Hone and 2 Goads, plus the bond skill), Newzura was the weakest link but did fine with help.

Armour Emblem: 5* +1 BK, VampHenry, 5* Hector, 4* +8 Wendy

First try with this one. Used Armour March to get Henry ready to fight the fighter, then get repositioned by BK. He sits, takes the fighter out and 1-shots the bow fighter thanks to hones and Black Luna. From there, proceeded to fight with each enemy using Weapon Triangle to take them out, barring Wendy who finished the flier. Wendy also 1-shot Lloyd with Bonfire proc. Probably the easiest to make barring Vamp!Henry. Theoretically L!Eliwood could act like Hector did if he has Swap as my Hector didn't really fight, Wendy has Slaying Lance but probably should be able to deal the damage as well as mine did with TA3 instead of 2 and Killer Lance, BK is freely available and purchasable, Vamp Henry might be replaceable with A!Lyn.

Horse Emblem: 5* Eliwood, Titania, Ursula, B!Lyn (Eliwood and Lyn, Titania and Ursula have S)

First try with this one. Lyn starts the fighting, I reposition everyone out and start sniping to take out close by units as they come. Eliwood needed all the boosts he could get to survive the axe flier as it attacked and left him with 1 HP.

Infantry Emblem: 5* Fjorm, Sonya, Arvis, B!Ike (Arvis and Fjorm have A rank)

This took more than a few retries, mainly because of the Bow Knight. Arvis needed a Spd +1 seal, Fjorm a space away and DaB to 1-round the axe fighter, then gets repositioned. Ike is then put in to tank most everything, I have everyone start with cleanup on the next phase and all that was left was Lloyd, who Fjorm tanked.

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hm? There are no quests for killing the GHB unit with any specific units.

I guess I read that wrong, I thought that the quests for the blessings meant you had to do that.

That's my mistake. Guess I'll have to edit.

@Zeo dang your Matthew is amazing! Makes me want to pick up my project of building him again. 

I knew I had been unable to clear infernal on one of the GHB’s this past summer but I for the life of me could not remember which it was. Seeing how easy Lloyd’s map has turned out to be all these months later I really wish I remembered what I had been trying originally. 

Huh, apparently I hadn't cleared infernal last time this one came around. Didn't have many problems this time though, not even with the quests. 

Armor took two tries to get my positioning right, but essentially Black Knight took care of the bow knight and hammer user while Hector, Sheena, and Effie took care of the rest. It helps that there's only one mage on the map.

Cavalry got it done with Reinhardt, Eirika, Priscilla, and god I can't wait for Xander to give me a red distant counter horse. 

Flier was easy with Azura, Tana, Elincia, and Nowi, and they continue to be one of my most dependable teams.

Infantry was surprisingly easy, with Delthea, Kagero, PA!Azura, and Adult Tiki handling it on their first try. Again it helps that there's only one mage and Adult Tiki laughs at most things physical.

@Ginko Thanks! I remember this being one of the easier GHB's to clear, but I didn't have this team (and refinery wasn't a thing) back then. Looking back this was much easier still. The original took me round about half a stamina potion or a little more. This took 2 tries. After a GHB like Valter though. I don't mind coasting for a while.

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo I could watch the video now and it's still surprising. I didn't think Matthew would be able to one-round infernal melee units. 

When under the influence of Hone ATK he essentially becomes +ATK Matthew. That with debuffs is a scary thing which is why a +ATK Matthew would be such a nice thing to have. He'd be near 50 ATK with a buff with that nature.

Anyways I didn't mention it cause it was late but I did all the quests.

• Infantry: Matthew team clear. 2 tries. Pitifully easy.
  • Armor: A little tricky with BK/Effie/ToD!Henry/Hector, but after a couple of tries I figured it out. Probably the hardest one of them all.
  • Cavalry: Trivialized. You'd think it would be Rein or B!Lyn but nope, I'm actually starting to see how ridiculous B!Roy is with Galeforce and Horse buffs. Helps to be +ATK too.
  • Fliers: Could have been tricky but Fliers lol at Terrain. S!Corrin/Hinoka/Cherche/Palla. My Blade+ S!Corrin is +DEF so I slapped on the Iote Shield and had her bait the Bow cav and she survived with 3 HP. After that she pretty much killed everyone but the Axe infantry who Cherche and Palla teamed up to beat and Lloyd, who Hinoka with her newly acquired Spear, took on solo.

Not looking forward to having to do Cavalry on the F!Robin map at all.

10 hours ago, Zeo said:

Nice! Matt makes it look easy

Decided to give it a try with infantry and cav.

Infantry

Spoiler

Cav

Spoiler

Edited by Fei Mao

My teams:

• Fliers: Elincia, Summer Corrin, New Year's Azura, Spring Camilla
  • Cavalry: Brave Roy, Ursula, Gunnthra, Brave Lyn
  • Armors: Black Knight, Effie, Amelia, Halloween Henry
  • Infantry: Masked Marth, Lyon, Fjorm, Performer Azura

Not too tough, but certainly a fun new little way to look at it. Infantry was a bit trickier than the others but went fine once I got Lyon's skills sorted out. Ended up giving him Iceberg from the Lloyd from the flier clear, funnily enough. I don't think it was actually particularly relevant to the infantry clear, but it seemed like a good time to have him inherit a full proper skill set. The first time I tried the infantry team, I learned the hard way that not only was TA not the best idea, I also hadn't yet gotten around to having him inherit Bowbreaker.

Really curious to see how the other GHBs will go.