Grand Hero Battle of Destiny: Linus, the Mad Dog

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Nanima

Yay, the Takumis are back.

Nice job, having Summer Takumi over the Mountain to direct the other ones around and get everyone to safety. Still quite a few enemies approaching on only ranged units looked difficult. But you got three of them out unscathed, only the poor angry one got beaten up again, but he still managed to survive with a good use of Vantage to take that one unit out, without getting hit. Well done.

@Landmaster

Only dancers, huh? Looks like somebody doesn't shy away from a challenge.

Then no blue one on top of that. But you had Safguard and Barrier Blade, so the red units should be able to be dealt with. But you surprised me even more by taking the sword out with a green unit, I guess Lene needed all her HP for later. And she did deal with Linus brilliantly surviving even the special. You found good matchups for the rest of the units and everything fell into place, well done.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daisy jane Well done with your flying team!  I love how you ended that video with FlyNino's quote (with 500 more feathers from HM to boot)!

OG Nino with double Savage Blow, Alfonse, 4* Linus and PA!Azura took care of the non-armored quests.  My armored team was Gwendolyn, BK, Male Grima and LA!Eliwood.  Maybe one of these days I'll do a theme clear if I can ever find the time....

2 minutes ago, DarkAlf said:

@daisy jane Well done with your flying team!  I love how you ended that video with FlyNino's quote (with 500 more feathers from HM to boot)!

OG Nino with double Savage Blow, Alfonse, 4* Linus and PA!Azura took care of the non-armored quests.  My armored team was Gwendolyn, BK, Male Grima and LA!Eliwood.  Maybe one of these days I'll do a theme clear if I can ever find the time....

thanks!, well worth the lag, right? it just totally fit! 
(ahha yah i just find it so funny that Hrid (who is slated to die, and i've been using him a lot is at 600) - and Ophelia that i got on Saturday just hit 2000.

i could/should use hrid in TT, maybe that will help :) 

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Sorry about the lag in this video. i'm not sure why that's the case, and i would have recorded it but the end from Nino was so perfect and I wasn't sure if i was ever going to find it so appropriate again. 

White Wolf? Meet FlySquad

That ending was perfect, LOL~ The lag is worth it~ This was good, they got it done faster than before~ Sumia's Link comes in handy once again, it's so good for turning matchups around. Elincia also did a lot here, taking care of the Manakete and Thief~ Are you going to put a Special on Ninian?

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

@Landmaster

Only dancers, huh? Looks like somebody doesn't shy away from a challenge.

Then no blue one on top of that. But you had Safguard and Barrier Blade, so the red units should be able to be dealt with. But you surprised me even more by taking the sword out with a green unit, I guess Lene needed all her HP for later. And she did deal with Linus brilliantly surviving even the special. You found good matchups for the rest of the units and everything fell into place, well done.

Thanks!~ I have a bad habit of getting waaaay too determined to beat certain maps with certain characters, now I'm on to Dancers OTL

The saddest thing is that I don't have any blue Dancers, one would be reeaaally nice for these kinds of things~ >.> But yes, it was too dangerous to bring Lene up front right off the bat since she can't take the Blue Mage very well (also causes the Lance Flier to come too close too soon which gets a bit clustered), but we found a way to keep her ready for that Special and chip them off from there~ 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

That ending was perfect, LOL~ The lag is worth it~ This was good, they got it done faster than before~ Sumia's Link comes in handy once again, it's so good for turning matchups around. Elincia also did a lot here, taking care of the Manakete and Thief~ Are you going to put a Special on Ninian?

yah, i think it's time that she gets a special. i usually don't use her for more than refreshing but i think having it in her backpocket work be good (I'm thinking glimmer). I might also put threaten def on her (to work with her chill skill), either that or a flier emblem buff. Sumia's been a great part of FlySquad. (I wanna upgrade her (minus spd is hurting her, even though i love that her defense is good). :) the more I work with them i think is the faster I can go. 

also right?! the minute i heard it it was like. there's no way i can get that again lol so y'all deal with the lag. haha

eta: I did this again with team Magic:
Ophelia, Lewyn, Ninian and Lucy (well shes kinda magic, right with the bow?) perfect!

Edited by daisy jane

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

yah, i think it's time that she gets a special. i usually don't use her for more than refreshing but i think having it in her backpocket work be good (I'm thinking glimmer). I might also put threaten def on her (to work with her chill skill), either that or a flier emblem buff. Sumia's been a great part of FlySquad. (I wanna upgrade her (minus spd is hurting her, even though i love that her defense is good). :) the more I work with them i think is the faster I can go. 

also right?! the minute i heard it it was like. there's no way i can get that again lol so y'all deal with the lag. haha

Yeah, it's good to have one just in case you need to use her offensively~ Moonbow and Glimmer are usually good for Dancers~ Threaten Def could be helpful for Sumia and Elincia to get kills but any Flier Buff would be good to support them since she usually sticks behind them~

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, it's good to have one just in case you need to use her offensively~ Moonbow and Glimmer are usually good for Dancers~ Threaten Def could be helpful for Sumia and Elincia to get kills but any Flier Buff would be good to support them since she usually sticks behind them~

what i need. is another Shigure. ward would be perfect. 
I gave her Moonbow, because she can't really hit hard. 

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

what i need. is another Shigure. ward would be perfect. 
I gave her Moonbow, because she can't really hit hard. 

Yeah Ward's good, too, she's a good candidate for it~ Moonbow should be good enough~

@Landmaster Oh yeah I completely missed that one. It's also pretty great, especially with Lene taking out Ike as effectively as she did. Definitely curious to see more!

I'll be forever thanking Intsys for not making all of Takumi's alts infantry. Having different movement types on a map can be incredibly vital at times. Yeah, I had to tinker around a bit to get him to survive all those attacks, but it was worth it. The others pitching in at the end was the icing on the cake. Also glad you enjoyed the music! I am currently playing that game a lot, so the ost has become stuck in my head. I'll probably use some more tracks from it in the future.

@Azuris Thank you! It's definitely threatening to have them all in your face suddenly. And basically impossible to get away from without having someone tank. Seeing as Skadikumi has the best defenses (or really any defenses at all), that sadly makes him the designated punching bag for exactly these scenarios. 

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

And we're back with another edition of Dancer Emblem~

Oh nice, I was wondering if we would see them again. They gave Linus quite a dance (sorry ^^).

The annoying dagger was no more than a Fly to squash for Lene (who btw ate Linus' Luna like champ). 

Congrats! 

16 hours ago, Nanima said:

Now for my own clear:

I didn't remember if you started your clears already at Linus' first run or not.

Very nice One-hit-Vantage-kill by evil Takumi against the dagger. Pretty fast and clean overall, no hide and seek necessary against Linus.

Congrats! 

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

White Wolf? Meet FlySquad

Well met!

Brand new Desperation on Nino I see? Also Goad on Elincia. 

Funny sequence in the beginning, did you try to use the link skill? (It got used to kill the Lance Flier finally)

Your Fliers were the perfect team to take advantage of mountains and River, congrats! 

I had a small idea about trying a Boey centered buff team for this GHB. Bringing Veronica along kind of feels like cheating, but it was still funny to see Boey tank a red dragon before killing it.

So here is Boey, the power of friendship and Veronica.

Edited by Sasori

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks!~ I have a bad habit of getting waaaay too determined to beat certain maps with certain characters, now I'm on to Dancers OTL

The saddest thing is that I don't have any blue Dancers, one would be reeaaally nice for these kinds of things~ >.>

Being determined doesn't have to be a bad thing.

How many blue dancers do we have in the game? 5? A shame you didn't come across one. I hope you'll get one sooner or later, to give you more options.

41 minutes ago, Azuris said:

How many blue dancers do we have in the game? 5? A shame you didn't come across one. I hope you'll get one sooner or later, to give you more options.

True, especially when it ends up working out, keke~ OG!Azura, both Ninians, PA Shigure, and Ryoma, so yep, you're right~ I've tried for Azura and PA Shigure but wasn't able to get them but hopefully I can snag one from a Legendary Banner at some point~

44 minutes ago, Azuris said:

wow.. yah. five. I had to blink on this one for a moment. 

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

True, especially when it ends up working out, keke~ OG!Azura, both Ninians, PA Shigure, and Ryoma, so yep, you're right~ I've tried for Azura and PA Shigure but wasn't able to get them but hopefully I can snag one from a Legendary Banner at some point~

Ryoma should be up around March if they double up. you and me, Ryoma time! (or we save for the repeat ;) ). 
I always forget that Ninian prime is a dancer (she's on my list for dragon emblems). and I need Azura prime. see. if you got her + airzura you can do Azura Emblem 

13 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Oh yeah I completely missed that one. It's also pretty great, especially with Lene taking out Ike as effectively as she did. Definitely curious to see more!

I'll be forever thanking Intsys for not making all of Takumi's alts infantry. Having different movement types on a map can be incredibly vital at times. Yeah, I had to tinker around a bit to get him to survive all those attacks, but it was worth it. The others pitching in at the end was the icing on the cake. Also glad you enjoyed the music! I am currently playing that game a lot, so the ost has become stuck in my head. I'll probably use some more tracks from it in the future.

The one rounding Ike was the best haha, I hope I can use them more!

Yep, really useful to have different movement types among Alts, even one flier made so much of a difference. Can't wait to see the Princess Clear!

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Oh nice, I was wondering if we would see them again. They gave Linus quite a dance (sorry ^^).

The annoying dagger was no more than a Fly to squash for Lene (who btw ate Linus' Luna like champ). 

Congrats! 

They did indeed, haha, thanks!~ The dagger had given me a bit of trouble in some earlier attempts but I ended up getting him so he couldn't double Lene which was all we needed~

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

wow.. yah. five. I had to blink on this one for a moment. 

Ryoma should be up around March if they double up. you and me, Ryoma time! (or we save for the repeat ;) ). 
I always forget that Ninian prime is a dancer (she's on my list for dragon emblems). and I need Azura prime. see. if you got her + airzura you can do Azura Emblem 

Ryoma's always the one I forget about. I hope when he show up it won't be with Micky because you know Imma be trying to get a +Atk one~ I'd like either Ninian though. You're right, I forgot we have 4 Azuras now, now thaaat would be cool~

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ryoma's always the one I forget about. I hope when he show up it won't be with Micky because you know Imma be trying to get a +Atk one~ I'd like either Ninian though. You're right, I forgot we have 4 Azuras now, now thaaat would be cool~

you could slap atk bond seal on her (I have a +atk Micky and she still needs that to give her punch). 
Ryoma/Elincia would be my target (Xander would be nice - but i do have PALivvy)

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

you could slap atk bond seal on her (I have a +atk Micky and she still needs that to give her punch). 
Ryoma/Elincia would be my target (Xander would be nice - but i do have PALivvy)

Double Bond could be good, I may try that~ I kinda want Elincia and Ryoma for their Daggers, tho~

Since I'm here, I'll go ahead and watch the new clears and some of the old ones I missed.

@mcsilas Can't believe I missed this one, it's good timing though. Since it kind of... mirrors my clear somewhat. The seasonals wrecked things here. Lyn did her job and Hector's unholy damage makes me lament the fact that LA!Hector's is the only variant of him that I don't have (and of course no flying dancer sucks but I'm a broken record.). Eliwood stood out for me though, he did his job exceedingly well despite barely being built at all. I kinda wish he'd had a special and he makes me want to build up my own. LA!Hector vs Linus made my eyes bulge when I saw it though. Vantage Hector to this day is still so potent in the right places. Great clear.

@Landmaster I wouldn't worry about the setup, most of us need to do that when it comes to this map.

When I saw Smolzura didn't have Dance equipped, I knew she'd be the one putting in work. Lene surprised me though, standing her ground against Linus, surviving both him and the dagger and then retaliating there after with both a killshot on him and a perfectly timed Ignis followup on the lacky at his flank. You had no color counter to the manakete, but Silvia was ready for him all the same. Really impressive stuff. Dancer emblem, what a neat idea.

@Nanima The mountains were their playground. You really made this look easy. S!Takumi may not have been that active combat wise but he was crucial. The highlight of course was F!Takumi on EP. He shrugged off enemy attacks pretty easily and the only attack that mattered he completely snuffed with Vantage. I'm noticing Vantage is becoming a theme with this map...

@daisy jane Hey it's your fly squad again! Good work here! Linus was a non issue, but it impressed me when you weren't hasty with Nino killing that blue flyer as it would have left her open to be killed by the ninja. Even after falling back things got precarious dealing with the remaining 3 enemies, but you positioned perfectly with the only unit that could survive an EP from the manakete and secured the kill on the following PP. Good stuff.

@mampfoid @Alexmender @LordFrigid @Azuris @ruruo @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @eclipse

Old Clears:

Spoiler

Well here's our sendoff. This will likely be the final FE7 themed special clear. I couldn't think of a better way to end things than with our original FE7 trio in their original forms. For our 4th though we have Priscilla. The healing ended up being more useful than Ninian's dancing and well... Matthew would have just ended up stealing the show. Sadly I wasn't able to make everyone shine, but I'm happy with the way the battle went. 

Hector needed both DEF/RES Tactic from his comrades and the Close DEF seal and good ol' Vantage in order to do his job, Priscilla needed Imbue of all things and Lyn needed a B skill I'll probably never use again, but it was worth it. This clear tugged on nostalgic strings for me, maybe for those that played FE7, it'll do the same. Now let's say goodbye to our Heroes with one last hurrah.

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hey it's your fly squad again! Good work here! Linus was a non issue, but it impressed me when you weren't hasty with Nino killing that blue flyer as it would have left her open to be killed by the ninja. Even after falling back things got precarious dealing with the remaining 3 enemies, but you positioned perfectly with the only unit that could survive an EP from the manakete and secured the kill on the following PP. Good stuff.

Thanks Zeo :) 
I was really wanting everyone to have more chances to do things as well as not really be focused on magic all the time (I mean I will ;) i love magic/range users, and i'm hoping to finally get a good natured Setsuna etc so i can really have some fun with things) - but i was pretty happy that everyone on the team got a chance to do things in this one. It's funny that you mentioned the retreating - ;) i am almost always about pressing forward and killing quickly, vs. getting set up in position for the best tactical advantage, so ;)  i was impressed i didn't either ;) 

I really enjoyed your clear too! I haven't played a lot with Lunges/Dragbacks etc (mostly because i probably wouldn't be able to compensate as easily). Lyn is one of my favourite characters (I think i mentioned this) so seeing her and Priscilla (whom i hope to build up) was great. :) it was also cool to see tactics come into play. I hope to play with this next year too. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Well here's our sendoff. This will likely be the final FE7 themed special clear.

Glad those three found together one last time. Theme was perfect for this map. 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Now let's say goodbye to our Heroes with one last hurrah.

Very nice of that sword guy to charge Hector's Ignis twice. I liked very much Lyns role in this clear, let's say Eliwood was the tactican this time. 

Congratulations. 

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

S

Reveal hidden contents

Well here's our sendoff. This will likely be the final FE7 themed special clear. I couldn't think of a better way to end things than with our original FE7 trio in their original forms. For our 4th though we have Priscilla. The healing ended up being more useful than Ninian's dancing and well... Matthew would have just ended up stealing the show. Sadly I wasn't able to make everyone shine, but I'm happy with the way the battle went. 

Hector needed both DEF/RES Tactic from his comrades and the Close DEF seal and good ol' Vantage in order to do his job, Priscilla needed Imbue of all things and Lyn needed a B skill I'll probably never use again, but it was worth it. This clear tugged on nostalgic strings for me, maybe for those that played FE7, it'll do the same. Now let's say goodbye to our Heroes with one last hurrah.

Cheers~

Oh wow. Never thought i'd see anyone actually use the lunge skill. I kept thinking 'huh, why does Lyn move after fighting?' I also did't expect her to tank a hit from Luna Linus.

I did another clear of my own and this time without Veronica. No Boey tanking red dragons anymore, but it was still relatively easy to clear.

@Zeo WOW! Really impressed with the FE7 clear, and bonus points for using their original versions. It was pretty similar at the start to my alt version as you said (that starting point is annoying) but boy did it end so differently and spectacularly! Kinda wished Eliwood did more but really I laughed out loud when I saw Lyn Lunge forward after each Galeforce action, and even louder when Lyn would Lunge forward while the Lance Flier would retreat. Probably my favourite FE7 theme that you did.

So now that you will have more time after ending video recording will you do more old video comments? :P   

@Nanima Darn, yeah retail during this season is annoying, I can barely stay awake from tiredness right now. I love how Sunkumi just sits on the mountain at the start, flier mobility makes things a breeze in terms of positioning and kiting strategies. Loopks like Skadkumi was less Furious this time and learned the power of bonds! He tanked quite a bit.

@daisy jane Nice job with Flier Emblem! Link skills are fun to use, makes me wish I have a Sumia. Sometiems the lag occurs if I use the in-built phone recorder, probably not enough memory?

@Landmaster Dancer emblem strikes again! I find this map takes time to set up, but once you can find an opening it's all good. I'm always so impressed with how deceptively bulky Lene can be! Minizura dealing with the swordie was amazing to see, her tome is so useful. I hope you can get all the dancers so you have interesting dancer teams haha.

@mampfoid @Azuris @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Alexmender @Usana

As for my clear, I pulled the trigger and finally upgraded Lloyd in anticipation for this GHB rerun to make a theme clear that I was thinking of for ages- it's a VA theme clear of Kaiji Tang characters! (Lloyd, Shiro, Owain and Odin- all characters I really like so it's nice one of the most enjoyable VAs voice them all)

Team is neutral Lloyd, +Def/-Atk Shiro +1, +HP/-Def Owain and +Atk/-Res Odin.

Music is W.W.III. (KOF XIV ver. Whip's Theme) from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack

-Finally upgraded Odin's Grimoire's effect and boy is it fun. @mampfoid you might like the Smite strat, I needed Shiro to have a specific Speed (also supported by Owain's spur) to naturally double the blue lance flier. Shiro also appreciated the dagger hitting him first to charge up Ignis (had to switch Aether for this).

-Owain needed Atk +1 to ORKO the blue mage, being 1 damage short was kind of annoying though but also impressive with how much damage Wrath, Blue Flame and Atk/Def bond can do. 

-Lloyd needed the Darting Stance and Drive Spd support to double Linus, but in hindsight I guess Quick Riposte also works. I could have given him the Regal Blade effect since Odin is an infantry tome but that would require Odin having Wings of Mercy which is rare for me. Plus I just spent Divine Dew on Odin's weapon. Still a bit unsure of the full kit for him but for now he works with minimal investment for this map, and it's fitting he deals with his brother.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Nice job with Flier Emblem! Link skills are fun to use, makes me wish I have a Sumia. Sometiems the lag occurs if I use the in-built phone recorder, probably not enough memory?

-Finally upgraded Odin's Grimoire's effect and boy is it fun I needed Shiro to have a specific Speed (also supported by Owain's spur) to naturally double the blue lance flier. Shiro also appreciated the dagger hitting him first to charge up Ignis (had to switch Aether for this).

-Owain needed Atk +1 to ORKO the blue mage, being 1 damage short was kind of annoying though but also impressive with how much damage Wrath, Blue Flame and Atk/Def bond can do. 

-Lloyd needed the Darting Stance and Drive Spd support to double Linus, but in hindsight I guess Quick Riposte also works. I could have given him the Regal Blade effect since Odin is an infantry tome but that would require Odin having Wings of Mercy which is rare for me. Plus I just spent Divine Dew on Odin's weapon. Still a bit unsure of the full kit for him but for now he works with minimal investment for this map, and it's fitting he deals with his brother.

maybe! :) nothing i can't figure out ;) 
I loved your clear. :) i never saw odin's tome in effect so i have to say nice touch Game to have Blue Flame/Odin's grimore having the same effect. (If i get a decent enough nature (or just even promote my neutral copy we got in game (I think) i could use him. :) Don't have a shiro so it was kinda cool to see they were voiced by the same guy. 

Edited by daisy jane

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster I wouldn't worry about the setup, most of us need to do that when it comes to this map.

When I saw Smolzura didn't have Dance equipped, I knew she'd be the one putting in work. Lene surprised me though, standing her ground against Linus, surviving both him and the dagger and then retaliating there after with both a killshot on him and a perfectly timed Ignis followup on the lacky at his flank. You had no color counter to the manakete, but Silvia was ready for him all the same. Really impressive stuff. Dancer emblem, what a neat idea.

Old Clears:

Reveal hidden contents

Cheers~

Smolzura's awesome as for as Offensive Refreshers go,  and Lene's great for the Def since most of my Dancers are super frail in that regard~ I'll definitely be playing around with them some more~

Galeforce Lunge Lyn, that was highly impressive. She and Hector ran through this map with the help of Priscilla and Eliwood's Buffs. Hector's Vantage Ignis kills were awesome~ I wasn't expecting Lyn to take on the Lance Flier but she tanked it for Hector to come in a finish her off. Wish we could have seen Eliwood do more but his positioning was just as important~  Super cool way to send the FE7 team off~

10 hours ago, Sasori said:

Oh wow. Never thought i'd see anyone actually use the lunge skill. I kept thinking 'huh, why does Lyn move after fighting?' I also did't expect her to tank a hit from Luna Linus.

I did another clear of my own and this time without Veronica. No Boey tanking red dragons anymore, but it was still relatively easy to clear.

CC Boey, I love seeing him tank things and blow everyone back with Ignis, Corrin's buffs really helped him a lot there. Ethlyn helped with chipping them down for everyone else to finish the remaining enemies off~ Great job!

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Dancer emblem strikes again! I find this map takes time to set up, but once you can find an opening it's all good. I'm always so impressed with how deceptively bulky Lene can be! Minizura dealing with the swordie was amazing to see, her tome is so useful. I hope you can get all the dancers so you have interesting dancer teams haha.

@mampfoid @Azuris @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @Ginko @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Alexmender @Usana

As for my clear, I pulled the trigger and finally upgraded Lloyd in anticipation for this GHB rerun to make a theme clear that I was thinking of for ages- it's a VA theme clear of Kaiji Tang characters! (Lloyd, Shiro, Owain and Odin- all characters I really like so it's nice one of the most enjoyable VAs voice them all)

Team is neutral Lloyd, +Def/-Atk Shiro +1, +HP/-Def Owain and +Atk/-Res Odin.

Music is W.W.III. (KOF XIV ver. Whip's Theme) from the King of Fighters XIV soundtrack

-Finally upgraded Odin's Grimoire's effect and boy is it fun. @mampfoid you might like the Smite strat, I needed Shiro to have a specific Speed (also supported by Owain's spur) to naturally double the blue lance flier. Shiro also appreciated the dagger hitting him first to charge up Ignis (had to switch Aether for this).

Sturdy Stance is super good for her and I just happened to luck out with a +Def Nature so she really helps the team out with tanking physical hits.

Kaiji Tang Emblem, the Emblem we all need~ I love the Smite/Spur strats for Shiro and Odin getting to pull off his Grimore's Effects with the Swap from Shiro. Linus VS Lloyd was great, too with the Luna and Iceberg going back and forth and Lloyd coming out on top~ Owain getting that exact damage for the Blue Mage kill was also nice~ Such a fun themed clear! Greg Chun Emblem when?~