Bound Hero Battle: Dragon Blood

SatsumaFSoysoy

Now, that I made an account on this forum, I can finally say:

@LordFrigid @mampfoid

I really admire your videos and how you keep finding a way to get it done. It's always interesting to see, what you come up with.

This one in particular was probably not that hard for you. But when I saw the legendary Tiki abyssal and the def tile on top her defenses, I doubted if a one turn would even be possible, but you guys still got it done.

@Alexmender @Nowi's Husband

I also really respect your dedication to your favorite units and the effort to always get it done using them. Good job. They probably have quite a large skill list by now.

@Zeo

And you even run multiple challenges per battle, that must be quite a bit of work. Also using a unit that most people wouldn't even think about, that's amazing.

Edited by Azuris

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, not a bad map. My alt sucked on it, but that's because my usual response to everything with that account is to throw M-Grima at it and M-Corrin's one tanky boi. Really ought to invest in a Red Mage for that account...anyways, haven't tried it with my main yet, just thought I'd ask if anyone knows how well regular Roy would work for this. Also @Alexmender where the heck do you keep finding these adorable Eirika Profile Thumbnails?

Seems like I was the only one who initially balked at the map.

@kirauza343 These guys really were no challenge for you at all. Both Micaiah and Celica were able to burn through them with their magic, while Marisa was able to handle herself quite well in face of the opposition rushing in and Cherche finished the battle splendidly. Great job!

@Landmaster Interesting team set up. It's always nice to see these boys out and about. Looks like they didn't really struggle too much either. Minizura calling Morgan a grown up amused me. The only thing that really put up a fight for you was the Axe flier at the end, but then he was already doomed anyway. From my own experience it's always nice to team up on the one jerk that won't just lied down and die in one hit.

@Zeo Two more entertaining clears! Matthew was amazing as always, just rushing in the middle of the enemies and holding his own against them. Who needs to be scared of being rushed when they can rush in turn? The others barely needed to do anything besides dance and heal (and Ayra taking out the weakened cav). This clear really demonstrates on how much of higher level your Matthew operates than these guys.

As for the Morgan clear: It showed another good roast. It's nice to see Priscilla taking more of an offensive role. And what do you mean, Amelia didn't do anything? She certainly took those hits like a champ. Morgan didn't have to worry about anything in exchange and could spend his time leisurely burning the approaching fools. Really nice.

@mampfoid Your clear didn't leave any chance to breathe for the enemy. Just wholesale slaughter. It was like they set them up deliberatley for you to take down one by one. Cordelia and Roy got a bit close to dying, but Kana and Kamui just didn't have the firepower to take them out in time. Congrats!

@mcsilas @ruruo

As for the Taku clear, looks like this map was easy for everyone but me. Okay it wasn't as difficult in the end as I had initially feared, but still more of a challenge overall than some of the past clears.

Music: 1. Sheena 2. Fatalize - both from Tales of Symphonia.

As I said, I had some more difficulties with this map, and although much less severe than some others before, I did have to do some skill inheritence on this one. As I am officially out of Abels and Sullys, I decided to sacrifice my OG!Ike, who I wasn't really using for anything anyway. Still stings to lose part of my collection, but thems the breaks. Also said goodbye to a Camilla for Savage Blow, but wasn't nearly as sad about that.

The biggest fear of this map was the cavalry archer who could kill pretty much anyone when initiating. Getting away from him was a good first step. Then there was taking out Kana, who is apparently built like a brick. Had to pump her full of poison, as awful as that sounds lol, before I could even think of removing her safely. I could have taken out the flier with anyone, but decided to go for Nyakumi, 'cause Takumi don't need no bow to murder some fools. The enemies coming in immediately at least ensure that the map ended quickly, and thus this video is only half as long as usual and much smaller in size, wich is nice.

Princess clear hopefully sometime soon! 

1 hour ago, Azuris said:

I really admire your videos and how you keep finding a way to get it done. It's always interesting to see, what you come up with.

This one in particular was probably not that hard for you. But when I saw the legendary Tiki abyssal and the def tile on top her defenses, I doubted if a one turn would even be possible, but you guys still got it done.

Very glad you like them! Yeah, Tiki was insanely hard. 

It's currently my main project and it's fun to build Galeforce units.

Everyone interested gets a tag for new clears, just tell me if you want. 

Just now, Nanima said:

Your clear didn't leave any chance to breathe for the enemy. Just wholesale slaughter. It was like they set them up deliberatley for you to take down one by one. Cordelia and Roy got a bit close to dying, but Kana and Kamui just didn't have the firepower to take them out in time. Congrats!

Thanks!

Yeah, they need to take damage for WoM and it would be insane if they wouldn't get damaged by infernal bosses with their special charged. 

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

As for the Taku clear, looks like this map was easy for everyone but me. Okay it wasn't as difficult in the end as I had initially feared, but still more of a challenge overall than some of the past clears.

Even if my team had some big advantages here, I knew an all colorless team would get a much harder time. 

You figured out the right way to slow the rush from the north an tanking the right hit. Poor Axe Flier in the end, he awaited the inevitable death by an arrow and was killed by some cooked rice instead. 

Congrats! 

49 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, they need to take damage for WoM and it would be insane if they wouldn't get damaged by infernal bosses with their special charged. 

That would certainly be the case. One-turning them with little set up is still very impressive imo.

50 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Even if my team had some big advantages here, I knew an all colorless team would get a much harder time. 

You figured out the right way to slow the rush from the north an tanking the right hit. Poor Axe Flier in the end, he awaited the inevitable death by an arrow and was killed by some cooked rice instead. 

More like all-ranged but no magic (tbf the only non-ranged colourless is F!Grima).

The enemies are pretty much breathing down the player's neck by the second turn, so it's a matter of weakening and removing them quickly enough for team with no real tank. After all the bullshit I had to deal with, I figured death by mochi would be a fitting sentence and much more impressive for a finisher than the sure-kill arrow.

@Azuris Thanks! It always makes me happy to show how great Eirika can be and also when others enjoy my clears, even if they aren't anything as crazy as 1 turn clears. If you'd like I can add you to the tag list for my next clear. 

Also yeah, she really has quite a few skills right now, I may give her Null follow up if one day I end with a pity breaker A!M!Corrin (I like how the "A" can be used for both Adrift and Azura). 

@SoulWeaver That's my secret, I always have fluffy Eirika pictures!

But seriously, they become easy to find when you start following quite a few FE artists on Twitter and I also go looking for Eirika pics every two months on Pinterest/Pixiv. 

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

That's my secret, I always have fluffy Eirika pictures!

But seriously, they become easy to find when you start following quite a few FE artists on Twitter and I also go looking for Eirika pics every two months on Pinterest/Pixiv. 

I need to start doing this as well. Any good artists on Pixiv?

7 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Interesting team set up. It's always nice to see these boys out and about. Looks like they didn't really struggle too much either. Minizura calling Morgan a grown up amused me. The only thing that really put up a fight for you was the Axe flier at the end, but then he was already doomed anyway. From my own experience it's always nice to team up on the one jerk that won't just lied down and die in one hit.

Music: 1. Sheena 2. Fatalize - both from Tales of Symphonia.

As I said, I had some more difficulties with this map, and although much less severe than some others before, I did have to do some skill inheritence on this one. As I am officially out of Abels and Sullys, I decided to sacrifice my OG!Ike, who I wasn't really using for anything anyway. Still stings to lose part of my collection, but thems the breaks. Also said goodbye to a Camilla for Savage Blow, but wasn't nearly as sad about that.

The biggest fear of this map was the cavalry archer who could kill pretty much anyone when initiating. Getting away from him was a good first step. Then there was taking out Kana, who is apparently built like a brick. Had to pump her full of poison, as awful as that sounds lol, before I could even think of removing her safely. I could have taken out the flier with anyone, but decided to go for Nyakumi, 'cause Takumi don't need no bow to murder some fools. The enemies coming in immediately at least ensure that the map ended quickly, and thus this video is only half as long as usual and much smaller in size, wich is nice.

Princess clear hopefully sometime soon! 

The "grown up" line is always funny depending on who she's talking to. Yeah, that Axe was a bulky one. I actually just did it that way so Azura could get the kill. Rhajat could get it on her own if Morgan attacks first to buff her, but the gang up was much more fun.

Takusquad handled this one pretty well as usual. It's nice to have a map with no bulky armors making it difficult. It was interesting that Kana ended up being one of the later kills but she is pretty hard to take down without a solid advantage over her and if you're a ranged unit, but the Poison got the job done. Looking forward to the princesses~

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

More like all-ranged but no magic (tbf the only non-ranged colourless is F!Grima).

Forgot about the no-magic part, makes it even more impressive. 

I'm waiting for a Flier heavy map where you would equip Close Counter to NY!Takumi instead of OG Takumi. ^^

@Landmaster True, it's always fun to bring a bit more style into a clear. 

It does look easy now that I've finally gotten it down, but it probably took about 7 tries to clear it with the Takus. Kana was essentially like an armour unit bulk wise and those always end up getting killed last. 

@mampfoid They had their chance of bringing in an actual Magic Bow with Nina, but wasted it. That would really help me out with maps like these. 

For that to happen I would first have to pull either two Christmas Tharjas (one to keep) or one Dancing Xander. That or hope for them to demote OG!Takumi and fodder the tenth one I pull. Sadly not happening for some time. ^^°

@Zeo @kirauza343 @mcsilas @ruruo

Anyway, here is the princess clear:

Music: 1. Martel 2. Fighting of the Spirit (ToP version) both from Tales of Phantasia (PS 1998). Thought something more retro would make for a nice change.

You can imagine Sakura wielding a giant stop sign instead of a staff for this entire fight, making sure the enemies stay in their lane. Oh and bludgeoning them to death with it. Sakunyan took care of the only mage on this map, while Airzura blocked the lance cav. She might have killed him the first time, but I was out of Spur Attack fodder. Kinoka gave the Axe Flier a proper death this time. Finally, even if she needed some Spur support, it was nice taking out Corrin with Sakura. Very satisfying. 

This was all done by my second try. Now I finally understand why people thought this map was easy.

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster True, it's always fun to bring a bit more style into a clear. 

It does look easy now that I've finally gotten it down, but it probably took about 7 tries to clear it with the Takus. Kana was essentially like an armour unit bulk wise and those always end up getting killed last. 

@mampfoid They had their chance of bringing in an actual Magic Bow with Nina, but wasted it. That would really help me out with maps like these. 

For that to happen I would first have to pull either two Christmas Tharjas (one to keep) or one Dancing Xander. That or hope for them to demote OG!Takumi and fodder the tenth one I pull. Sadly not happening for some time. ^^°

@Zeo @kirauza343 @mcsilas @ruruo

Music: 1. Martel 2. Fighting of the Spirit (ToP version) both from Tales of Phantasia (PS 1998). Thought something more retro would make for a nice change.

You can imagine Sakura wielding a giant stop sign instead of a staff for this entire fight, making sure the enemies stay in their lane. Oh and bludgeoning them to death with it. Sakunyan took care of the only mage on this map, while Airzura blocked the lance cav. She might have killed him the first time, but I was out of Spur Attack fodder. Kinoka gave the Axe Flier a proper death this time. Finally, even if she needed some Spur support, it was nice taking out Corrin with Sakura. Very satisfying. 

This was all done by my second try. Now I finally understand why people thought this map was easy.

Sakura's damage output always impresses me. The end was funny, Corrin chooses to go for the injured Azura rather than down in his last ditch effort to attack, so it kinda looked like he was running for his life, LOL. Gravity is really good on a pretty clustered map like this one~

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

It's currently my main project and it's fun to build Galeforce units.

It's always nice, when people find additional ways to challenge themselves and enjoy the game.

20 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Everyone interested gets a tag for new clears, just tell me if you want.

If it isn't too much of a hassle, I'll gladly accept.

19 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! It always makes me happy to show how great Eirika can be and also when others enjoy my clears, even if they aren't anything as crazy as 1 turn clears.

It is still really impressive, you just have other problems to work around. You can't just switch out Eirika if the map is really bad for her and find ways to have her beat her counters.

19 hours ago, Alexmender said:

If you'd like I can add you to the tag list for my next clear. 

I don't want to be a bother, but otherwise I would really like that.

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Sakura's damage output always impresses me. The end was funny, Corrin chooses to go for the injured Azura rather than down in his last ditch effort to attack, so it kinda looked like he was running for his life, LOL. Gravity is really good on a pretty clustered map like this one~

Everytime i see Sakura smack people, i am like: must find a good IV Sakura to invest in. 
Always the quiet ones i tell ya..

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

Everytime i see Sakura smack people, i am like: must find a good IV Sakura to invest in. 

Sakura's a good healer, she's got good bulk~ I have a few, I should probably check their IVs, too~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Sakura's a good healer, she's got good bulk~ I have a few, I should probably check their IVs, too~

i ignored her basically because of Ethlyn and Priss. 
but hopefully I can get her cracking too. I already have a decent Lissa and a Genny as well/ 

What this has shown me though, next legendary banner i NEED Sakura of the Dagger variety. she is scary. 

22 hours ago, Nanima said:

Oh, now I feel really bad for forgetting to adress you when I was praising people for their turn 1 and solo clears.

Nice job, getting it done with the limitations you put on yourself, while also showing your dedication to Takumi.

(Also if there was someone else who did it with special limitations, I failed to notice. Please, don't take it as an insult. It's just me being stupid.)

Edited by Azuris

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

If it isn't too much of a hassle, I'll gladly accept.

No big deal, you're on the list. 

They had their chance of bringing in an actual Magic Bow with Nina, but wasted it. That would really help me out with maps like these. 

Didn't know she had something like that in her game. Surely it wouldn't be inheritable in FEH though. 

I'd sacrifice my only Tharja for a fav without a second thought (mine is -ATK though), but I don't have much use for CC. Still have the free Takumi collecting dust. 

Would be cool if Takumi was demoted with the next batch. 

Woa, when Corrin went left in the end and you had him behind the obstacle, I thought you would soften him up before trying for the kill. But Sakura had other plans and one-rounded Corrin like a boss. A victory seemingly without big trouble (even if Azura had few HP left), congrats! 

It's definitely time for an additional Sakura, perhaps for Christmas or New year. Would you be upset if Sakura#3 wasn't colorless? 

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Thanks. Yeah that was pretty funny when it happened to me, so I made sure to set up the buffs in a way that would allow Sakura to one-shot him for extra hilarity.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I do recommend building her, although it's quite expensive to make her shine. But she's a fave so I can't help but spoil her. :)

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

Oh, now I feel really bad for forgetting to adress you when I was praising people for their turn 1 and solo clears.

Nice job, getting it done with the limitations you put on yourself, while also showing your dedication to Takumi.

It's no trouble, there are a lot of people posting their clears after all.

Thanks, I always strive to show my faves at their best!

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Didn't know she had something like that in her game. Surely it wouldn't be inheritable in FEH though. 

I think she does come with one in her joining chapter. (or at least you can acquire one during it) It's usuable by everyone in Fates, and I could imagine Intsys wanting to sell it to the whales.

I'd sacrifice my only Tharja for a fav without a second thought (mine is -ATK though), but I don't have much use for CC. Still have the free Takumi collecting dust. 

Would be cool if Takumi was demoted with the next batch. 

I usually try to hold onto units in a unique class, though if I thought the Takumis (besides the OG one) absolutely needed that skill I would probably sacrifice her too. I know a couple bulky mages who'd like CC, but that depends on you using them.

It's something I am definitely hoping for.

Woa, when Corrin went left in the end and you had him behind the obstacle, I thought you would soften him up before trying for the kill. But Sakura had other plans and one-rounded Corrin like a boss. A victory seemingly without big trouble (even if Azura had few HP left), congrats! 

It's definitely time for an additional Sakura, perhaps for Christmas or New year. Would you be upset if Sakura#3 wasn't colorless?

Yeah, I really wanted to see if she could do that and I am happy to see it worked. Seeing as Azura doesn't usually have an offensive role in my clears, I wanted to see if she could hold down the cav for me. 

That would be great, although I am currently aiming for other units as well so I am nerbous about getting blindsided. haha;; And seeing as I am already running a complete colourless team, I wouldn't be mad at all if Intsys brought in some variety for the little sis.

Late reply time, yeah!

@mampfoid

Nice job! Bit close on tanking the Corrin attack. Cherche just powering right through the mage was cool as well.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:39 PM, mampfoid said:

Caeda got her refinement, Clair sits still at 4*. 

Oh good, you got the more important one.

@SatsumaFSoysoy

Atk Smoke is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Nice work on your clear! I especially liked that positioning maneuver that set up Marisa to tank the Axe Flier and Bow Cav near the end.

@Azuris

I’m glad you’re finding them enjoyable! Yeah, the Tiki one was a head-scratcher, though I actually found Eirika’s more difficult.

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @Nanima @daisy jane @Rafiel's Aria @eclipse @Landmaster

So kind of late, but here are my clears! 

First is a Fates clear.

Team is +Atk/-HP Silas, +Spd/-Res +1 Performing Azura, neutral Male Kana and +Def/-Atk +1 Shiro

Music is Magical Sky from the King of Fighters XIV

The good thing about Fates maps is I can use my favourites Silas and Shiro for theme clears. Berkut's Lance Silas strikes again, fearlessly baiting red mages. Also 3 blues against a map with a charged special F Kana just because.

Also you can see I have an interesting Kana build here, this was what I used when M!Kana was a bonus unit recently (before I pulled an Owain). Double Brazen Male Kana is crazy fun, especially with Escape Route activated. Standing toe-to-toe against the female version of himself despite WTD sure is something.

-----

Now is a non-themed clear, just a favourites clear using some of my favourite characters in the game. 

Team is +Def/-Res Silas, +Spd/-HP Owain, +Atk/-Def+1 Shiro and +Res/-Def Performing Inigo

Music is Price from Persona 5

This map is actually kind of tricky using only melee attackers (especially when 2 of them are weak to green Kana), so I had to put Dancer Inigo in and also split the party up to spread out the enemy forces. Silas's Even Def Wave and Owain's Spur Def/Spd really helps patch up Shiro's unfortunate Def bane, and good thing as well because he would've been out of Quick Riposte range quicker without their help.

Also the 3rd BHB banner unit Silas gets to finish off Kana just for fun. She's kind of the bane for Shiro/Silas (funny how most of my fave units become low Res blue units)

---

Now late comments time!

@Landmaster Morgan tome debuffs are always fun to see! Yeah the bow cav's range can be kind of annoying in a tight map like this. Kind of funny how all of them are child units heh

@Zeo Welp, Matthew sure cleaned things up in a flash(ing blade). Can't help but wonder if Matthew was unmerged if he'd still just easily survive everything with Rogue Dagger debuffs. 

Also I recognise that Fate Stay Night music on the Morgan clear haha. Also technically Amelia baits but yeah, maps like these are too perfect for debuff weapons like Morgan's tome or splash damage staves.

@mampfoid Obstruct did nothing to stop your Galeforce rampage! Would've been nice to see Cordelia's Pass invalidate Obstruct even more lol  Azura was just enjoying the festival

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice to see units like Summer Linde and Clair!  Horse movement + dagger AOE dagger debuffs sound like a really nice combination and Starfish looks like a nice weapon. Marisa tanks the Brave Bow like nothing.

@Alexmender Eirika's teammates were just enjoying the view (and Azura is dressed for the occasion). DC really is useful for someone like Eirika, she deserves to enjoy the festival food after that.

@Nanima It's funny how Corrin/Kana never leave the bridge thanks to Sakura! Gravity+ strategies are too effective, it never gets old. Nice job on the Takumi clear as well, too bad about OG Ike though. Great use of out of combat damage like Savage Blow and Skadi!

(Post won't let me edit your comment in :( )